Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rooney to derby 23:02 - Aug 5 with 12688 viewsloftboy

As player coach!!

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Rooney to derby on 13:24 - Aug 6 with 2281 viewsactonman

As konk says , derby are not just working around the rules, they are blatantly taking the p!ss out of them while sticking 2 fingers up .
It is annoying but a part of me thinks the rules are so unworkable and ironically unfair that I think we all should be doing it.
Running the club properly within its means is all very well but will likely end up with us in the lower half of league one farming players for championship teams better set up than us and I include Brentford and possibly Luton ....... so basically FCUK THAT !

United are spending 85 million on a clogger from Sheffield while bury can’t even pay the cleaner is taking the p!ss so fcuk the efl epl and the fa !
Rooney to derby on 13:28 - Aug 6 with 2273 viewsTacticalR

Wayne Rooney is a creative accounting instrument.

Air hostess clique

Rooney to derby on 14:14 - Aug 6 with 2211 viewsJigsore

Confirmed, 18 month deal starting in January

i'm very pleased with this. Now I can legitimise my hatred for Derby that little bit more. sh*t club, I hope they get pounded by sanctions

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Rooney to derby on 14:25 - Aug 6 with 2183 viewsjonno

Rooney to derby on 11:16 - Aug 6 by DejR_vu

We’ll end up being the club who were hit with a world record fine that afflicts us for 10 years, who did everything to then comply, whilst others took the p1ss and got away with it.

The whole thing has been farcical from the start, concocted and implemented by clowns. The entire football industry is populated by complete idiots. In any other industry, where there is any level of accountability, they wouldn’t last five minutes.

Exactly right. The whole FFP thing becomes more nonsensical the more you see of it.
Rooney to derby on 15:08 - Aug 6 with 2093 viewskensalriser

Derby are clearly on a mission to bend and stretch the rules to the max. The FL will have to respond sooner or later or half the division will be up to all sorts of crazy stuff.

Surprised Rooney wants to play in the Championship now. I suppose it's possible he might do a Ray Wilkins, but I suspect that given his year out of top level football and a biological age five years in advance of his actual age, he's not going to make the pace.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Rooney to derby on 15:09 - Aug 6 with 2089 viewsted_hendrix

One of these days someone with a small amount of knowledge (don't know who) will sit quietly in a room for a couple of days and study these FFP rules going right back to day one.
This someone with a small amount of knowledge (don't know who) will then no doubt think to himself something along the lines "Well fck me I've never read such a load of unfair and utterly confusing load of goal post moving bolox"

Loopholes my arse.

Somebody is accountable for this nonsense, who the fecking hell makes this shit up?

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Rooney to derby on 15:19 - Aug 6 with 2057 viewsAntti_Heinola

why on earth does rooney want to come back and play for Derby? Baffling.

Bare bones.

Rooney to derby on 15:33 - Aug 6 with 2005 viewsloftboy

Rooney to derby on 15:19 - Aug 6 by Antti_Heinola

why on earth does rooney want to come back and play for Derby? Baffling.

For the local talent 😇

https://www.ageuk.org.uk/derbyandderbyshire/our-services/day-services/

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Login to get fewer ads

Rooney to derby on 15:46 - Aug 6 with 1980 viewsRassilon

Rooney to derby on 15:09 - Aug 6 by ted_hendrix

One of these days someone with a small amount of knowledge (don't know who) will sit quietly in a room for a couple of days and study these FFP rules going right back to day one.
This someone with a small amount of knowledge (don't know who) will then no doubt think to himself something along the lines "Well fck me I've never read such a load of unfair and utterly confusing load of goal post moving bolox"

Loopholes my arse.

Somebody is accountable for this nonsense, who the fecking hell makes this shit up?

The answer and explanation is - Shaun Harvey
Rooney to derby on 15:48 - Aug 6 with 1972 viewsrsonist

I'll be surprised if this doesn't turn out to be one of the least competitive things they could've done with their ill gotten gains. At the same time it will put their dealings fully into the spotlight - though the EFL itself will probably just be spaffing at the extra rubbernecking eyes instead of being stung into action.
Rooney to derby on 15:57 - Aug 6 with 1936 viewsrsonist

Who makes these rules up you ask? Well, not the EFL strictly speaking...

http://priceoffootball.com/selling-your-stadium-to-yourself-its-not-cricket/

The new P&S rules make no reference to profits on asset sales and therefore they are legitimately included in the calculations. Why the change was allowed to go through has never been explained, although we have heard on the grapevine that the EFL simply cut and pasted the Premier League P&S rules (which have always allowed asset sales) without looking at the small print for any changes, unlike the accountants and lawyers at Derby.

The overall lesson learnt, as some are finding out with the present FaceApp photo ageing application, is that if you don’t read the small print someone else will, and they can make you look fairly stupid as a result, as the EFL is probably privately conceding at present.
Rooney to derby on 16:04 - Aug 6 with 1923 viewsrsonist

If you ask me it's time for another open letter to Lee 'Teflon' Hoos demanding to know why he hasn't been living up to his name more.
Rooney to derby on 16:09 - Aug 6 with 1909 viewsGroveR

Rooney to derby on 15:46 - Aug 6 by Rassilon

The answer and explanation is - Shaun Harvey

Not anymore. Debbie Jevans is the interim chair.

It's actually a clever bit of timing by Derby - wait for Harvey to sack it off and try it on with the caretaker.
Rooney to derby on 16:17 - Aug 6 with 1899 viewsRassilon

Rooney to derby on 16:09 - Aug 6 by GroveR

Not anymore. Debbie Jevans is the interim chair.

It's actually a clever bit of timing by Derby - wait for Harvey to sack it off and try it on with the caretaker.

Currently she is, as you say; but Harvey was there when the rules were brought in.
Rooney to derby on 16:20 - Aug 6 with 1894 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Rooney to derby on 14:14 - Aug 6 by Jigsore

Confirmed, 18 month deal starting in January

i'm very pleased with this. Now I can legitimise my hatred for Derby that little bit more. sh*t club, I hope they get pounded by sanctions

I can see this ending badly for Derby if they don't get promoted and can't reclaim the stadium. That said, I'm still wondering whether the new 'owner' can sell the stadium back to Derby for a peppercorn fee or, at the very least, class the re-purchase as an investment in infrastructure. If that's the case they could rinse and repeat a stadium sale every 3 years to meet FFP limits.

If I'm completely honest there's a small part of me that admires Derby's creativity even though it sticks in my throat that QPR were hammered whilst the loophole was introduced.

I doubt the EFL will ever admit to getting the rules wrong and privately they'll be overjoyed at the prospect of Wayne Rooney 'player coaching' in their league.
[Post edited 6 Aug 2019 17:24]
Rooney to derby on 17:30 - Aug 6 with 1822 viewsRANGERS4EVER

Wonder what all those Derby fans that have been crying for years about how we cheated our way to the Premier League will be saying now? All gone very quiet and defensive...

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Rooney to derby on 17:49 - Aug 6 with 1764 viewsGetMeRangers

Rooney to derby on 16:20 - Aug 6 by Benny_the_Ball

I can see this ending badly for Derby if they don't get promoted and can't reclaim the stadium. That said, I'm still wondering whether the new 'owner' can sell the stadium back to Derby for a peppercorn fee or, at the very least, class the re-purchase as an investment in infrastructure. If that's the case they could rinse and repeat a stadium sale every 3 years to meet FFP limits.

If I'm completely honest there's a small part of me that admires Derby's creativity even though it sticks in my throat that QPR were hammered whilst the loophole was introduced.

I doubt the EFL will ever admit to getting the rules wrong and privately they'll be overjoyed at the prospect of Wayne Rooney 'player coaching' in their league.

'Rinse and repeat every three years'
I am no expert but the small issue of Stamp duty and and quite possibly suggestions of tax evasion, should MM sell back he stadium for next to nothing?
Rooney to derby on 17:55 - Aug 6 with 1747 viewsRangersDave

dont forget his mental age though mate.

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Rooney to derby on 18:16 - Aug 6 with 1714 viewsbarbicanranger

Rooney to derby on 16:20 - Aug 6 by Benny_the_Ball

Tend to agree mate. It's all good and well flexing these rules but ultimately its all done with the purpose of being able to spend more. I would be concerned if I were a Derby fan.
Rooney to derby on 19:15 - Aug 6 with 1610 viewspaulparker

Jealous as hell , Rooney is a brilliant player

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Rooney to derby on 19:37 - Aug 6 with 1560 viewsTonto

We will only play them once with him... Feb 25th at LR. Our awaybgame is mid Nov.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Rooney to derby on 20:39 - Aug 6 with 1464 viewsRoller

If the source of this half of Rooney's wages are outside FFP story is that tweet from Daniel Story, he is quoting the SCMP regulations which apply to League One and Two clubs. League One clubs are allowed to spend up to 60% of their turnover on wages, League Two clubs up to 55%. Having a 50/50 wage split on player/coach duties makes more sense in that environment.

Derby would have got a big chunk of compensation from Chelsea for taking Lampard, that is probably funding this.
Rooney to derby on 21:11 - Aug 6 with 1422 viewsrsonist

Rooney to derby on 20:39 - Aug 6 by Roller

If the source of this half of Rooney's wages are outside FFP story is that tweet from Daniel Story, he is quoting the SCMP regulations which apply to League One and Two clubs. League One clubs are allowed to spend up to 60% of their turnover on wages, League Two clubs up to 55%. Having a 50/50 wage split on player/coach duties makes more sense in that environment.

Derby would have got a big chunk of compensation from Chelsea for taking Lampard, that is probably funding this.

£4m reportedly. But Cocu will be costing a more than pretty penny too. (Though maybe not on the books)
[Post edited 6 Aug 2019 21:11]
Rooney to derby on 22:16 - Aug 6 with 1339 viewsQPR_John

Sky seem to have missed this story
Rooney to derby on 23:07 - Aug 6 with 1285 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Rooney to derby on 18:16 - Aug 6 by barbicanranger

Tend to agree mate. It's all good and well flexing these rules but ultimately its all done with the purpose of being able to spend more. I would be concerned if I were a Derby fan.

Me too but I'm wondering whether Derby have concocted a method of regularly spending more or have gambled by going down a cul-de-sac.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024