Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Todd Kane 07:50 - Oct 23 with 8526 viewsbaz_qpr

jesus what happened to him, it was like watching his never kicked a ball before geography teaching twin brother last night, after 10 minutes the team were too scared to pass to him, not only did he give it away with most touches he kept putting them in 4 v 3
Todd Kane on 23:19 - Oct 23 with 1515 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Don’t get me wrong, no one should be immune from criticism, but we’re eating Lobster Thermadore at The Ritz for free here and some of you are whining about the buttered Roll!
Todd Kane on 00:23 - Oct 24 with 1460 viewsQPR_Jim

Todd Kane on 09:30 - Oct 23 by bosh67

Kane seems to have been hypnotised into not being able to play football at the moment. Our whole right side didn't exist and I thought we perhaps needed BOS on to give them something to think about on the right.

The pace thing is the problem. Barbet can play although lord knows why he took that freekick instead of Manning. But he has no pace at all. Leistner is good and strong but he gets caught a little flat footed. Both Manning and Kane/Rangel can get caught high up the pitch but that is the system. Cameron again isn't the quickest so we do get hurt on the counter... Over and over again and concede sloppy goals... Over and over again.

We do need to find or cultivate a young big centre back in the Ajax academy style who can be crafted into the position and just give that centre back line pace. Our CBs are not the youngest. Cameron is good but better as a holding MF player, Leistner is the best of the bunch and Barbet certainly can play but again he just doesn't have that yard of pace to track back.

In terms of CB's I think we should try and get Alfie Jones. Southampton youth team player on loan with Gillingham. Good on the ball young CB, so good on the ball that he's playing midfield at that level. Seems to have the right attributes for a good ball playing CB. Doesn't mind taking a loan in league 1 either so maybe willing to learn and improve.
Todd Kane on 02:20 - Oct 24 with 1430 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Todd Kane on 13:06 - Oct 23 by ridethewave

I'd say our biggest problem at the back is the fact that Barbet can't defend. Caught ball-watching yet again for their second. Find me a game where he isn't ball-watching for at least one of the opposition's goals, when he isn't conceding penalties and/or disabling players James Perch style, that is.

Somewhat disagree. Whilst Barbet has had his moments this season (for which he was rightly criticised), yesterday he was pretty solid. He definitely was not at fault for Reading's second goal and I lost count of the number of times he had to come across to cover for Manning. My only gripe with Barbet last night was his insistence on taking the free kick. It was a real chance to win the game and he should've been big enough to allow Ryan to take it.
[Post edited 24 Oct 2019 2:20]
Todd Kane on 02:25 - Oct 24 with 1429 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Todd Kane on 12:04 - Oct 23 by Northernr

Fair? He's made four fcking starts for us. I don't think it's fair at all.

A 26-year-old professional footballer with bags of championship experience shouldn't suddenly lose the ability to execute a simple pass over 6 yards. That should be food and drink for him, four starts or not.
[Post edited 24 Oct 2019 2:28]
Todd Kane on 10:28 - Oct 24 with 1278 viewsDorse

Todd Kane on 23:19 - Oct 23 by BazzaInTheLoft

Don’t get me wrong, no one should be immune from criticism, but we’re eating Lobster Thermadore at The Ritz for free here and some of you are whining about the buttered Roll!

To be fair, that meal would be awful for kosher celiacs.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Todd Kane on 10:50 - Oct 24 with 1242 viewsPinnerPaul

Todd Kane on 11:04 - Oct 23 by Northernr

Some very, very harsh comments on this thread.

I know

Car crash thread - 55+ posts and over 3000 views because our full back had a poor half!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????????????
Todd Kane on 10:54 - Oct 24 with 1237 viewsNorthernr

Todd Kane on 02:25 - Oct 24 by Benny_the_Ball

A 26-year-old professional footballer with bags of championship experience shouldn't suddenly lose the ability to execute a simple pass over 6 yards. That should be food and drink for him, four starts or not.
[Post edited 24 Oct 2019 2:28]

Giving the ball away a couple of times in one game against Reading is not the same as completely losing the ability to execute a simple pass.
Todd Kane on 10:56 - Oct 24 with 1233 viewsPinnerPaul

Todd Kane on 02:20 - Oct 24 by Benny_the_Ball

Somewhat disagree. Whilst Barbet has had his moments this season (for which he was rightly criticised), yesterday he was pretty solid. He definitely was not at fault for Reading's second goal and I lost count of the number of times he had to come across to cover for Manning. My only gripe with Barbet last night was his insistence on taking the free kick. It was a real chance to win the game and he should've been big enough to allow Ryan to take it.
[Post edited 24 Oct 2019 2:20]

He also won the ball & passed to Eze to set up Wells for our first.
Login to get fewer ads

Todd Kane on 11:00 - Oct 24 with 1218 viewssprocket

Todd Kane on 10:56 - Oct 24 by PinnerPaul

He also won the ball & passed to Eze to set up Wells for our first.

Nope. Only came on in second half
Todd Kane on 11:28 - Oct 24 with 1194 viewsCamberleyR

Todd Kane on 11:00 - Oct 24 by sprocket

He was referring to Barbet not Kane for the pass to Eze that led to the assist for Wells' goal.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Todd Kane on 11:28 - Oct 24 with 1192 viewsPinnerPaul

Todd Kane on 11:00 - Oct 24 by sprocket

Nope - I was talking about Barbet as was BTB who I was replying to!
Todd Kane on 16:01 - Oct 24 with 1119 viewsPinnerPaul

Just watched the 90' back

Kane - 4 successful passes, 4 unsuccessful ones and oh yeah, great tackle on Baldock to stop him getting in and he won the ball and free kick for that free kick by Barbet near the end.

Not that bad and certainly not bad enough for a whole thread calling the bloke out!
Todd Kane on 17:13 - Oct 24 with 1100 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Todd Kane on 10:54 - Oct 24 by Northernr

Giving the ball away a couple of times in one game against Reading is not the same as completely losing the ability to execute a simple pass.

It is in this case because what you're attempting to disguise as "giving the ball away" was actually a full back failing to make 2 simple square passes to the central defender inside the first 10 minutes of the second half. It was not as if he was trying to execute a difficult 40 yard cross-field pass or attempting to dissect Reading with a defence-splitting forward pass. There's giving the ball away and then there's giving the ball away.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not suggesting that Kane should be hung, drawn and quartered but I think on this occasion criticism was fair. The defence clearly needs improvement and sloppy passing doesn't help.
[Post edited 24 Oct 2019 17:27]
Todd Kane on 18:35 - Oct 24 with 1077 viewsWestbourneR

Todd Kane on 13:06 - Oct 23 by BrianMcCarthy

I think there's every chance that Kane will end up a better right back for us than Furlong, who I thought was average at best in that position, and below average as a right wing-back. I actually rated Furlong at centre-back.

Haven't been watching him play for West Brom then.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Todd Kane on 18:41 - Oct 24 with 1069 viewsPinnerPaul

Todd Kane on 18:35 - Oct 24 by WestbourneR

Haven't been watching him play for West Brom then.

Given the 35 ins/outs this summer, I guess we had to get one 'wrong'

MB did give a very reasonable interview explaining why he was sold - of course we don't know if he would have played him if he WAS still here.
Todd Kane on 18:55 - Oct 24 with 1052 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

I thought Kane looked like he'd just flown in from Magaluf when he came on.

If Pugh is the new JS Park then Kane might just be the new Joel Lynch.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Todd Kane on 18:57 - Oct 24 with 1050 viewsBurnleyhoop

Have to say, I did think Kane played some woeful passes when he came on.

It is difficult however, to come on as a sub on 70 minutes and hit the ground running, particularly with the pace of the game being as frantic as it clearly was.

For me, Reading were quick and physical, the attributes that always knock us out of our stride. If teams are allowed to bully us by getting in our faces and disrupting our usual rhythm, our creative players get nullified.

Like everyone else, loving this team and wish we had Warb’s in charge 4 years ago. We have our limitations and weaknesses, but to see a every player thoroughly enjoying playing for the club and one another is amazing.
Todd Kane on 19:46 - Oct 24 with 1009 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Todd Kane on 18:57 - Oct 24 by Burnleyhoop

Have to say, I did think Kane played some woeful passes when he came on.

It is difficult however, to come on as a sub on 70 minutes and hit the ground running, particularly with the pace of the game being as frantic as it clearly was.

For me, Reading were quick and physical, the attributes that always knock us out of our stride. If teams are allowed to bully us by getting in our faces and disrupting our usual rhythm, our creative players get nullified.

Like everyone else, loving this team and wish we had Warb’s in charge 4 years ago. We have our limitations and weaknesses, but to see a every player thoroughly enjoying playing for the club and one another is amazing.

Not that I disagree with the key point but Kane came on at half time.
Todd Kane on 10:03 - Oct 25 with 882 viewsKeith56

I sit in the middle of Ellerslie Road stand
Could it possibly be that Kane had in the back of his mind being so focused on not making a mistake and that is exactly what ends up happening?
Why?
Because of the dogs abuse players get from some fans at the slightest ball going astray
Even Eze had a few grumbling still on Tuesday night
One guy screamed out 'Kelly your a moron Take a seat' in the second half
I might be wrong but I thought Kelly kept us from being 2 nil down in the first half from two smart saves.
As for getting in promising talent and developing them then selling on at a profit- not a prayer. Because it means needing patience whilst they grow and accepting that not all will turn out good to be gems. Players will have to come to us already mentally strong to survive some of our supporters.
Like Tony Currie one night - who told a fan to 'F##k off and come out here and do better if you think you can!'
Have a look at the 70s team DVDs. Phill Parkes is one of the greatest goalkeepers in our history, but he let in a couple of loo-loos in our greatest season ever. He probably wouldn't have survived the internet warriors in this day and age
How many people have been to work this week and accepted bollickings from customers just because they pay their money
Todd Kane on 10:45 - Oct 25 with 852 viewsfrancisbowles

Todd Kane on 10:03 - Oct 25 by Keith56

I sit in the middle of Ellerslie Road stand
Could it possibly be that Kane had in the back of his mind being so focused on not making a mistake and that is exactly what ends up happening?
Why?
Because of the dogs abuse players get from some fans at the slightest ball going astray
Even Eze had a few grumbling still on Tuesday night
One guy screamed out 'Kelly your a moron Take a seat' in the second half
I might be wrong but I thought Kelly kept us from being 2 nil down in the first half from two smart saves.
As for getting in promising talent and developing them then selling on at a profit- not a prayer. Because it means needing patience whilst they grow and accepting that not all will turn out good to be gems. Players will have to come to us already mentally strong to survive some of our supporters.
Like Tony Currie one night - who told a fan to 'F##k off and come out here and do better if you think you can!'
Have a look at the 70s team DVDs. Phill Parkes is one of the greatest goalkeepers in our history, but he let in a couple of loo-loos in our greatest season ever. He probably wouldn't have survived the internet warriors in this day and age
How many people have been to work this week and accepted bollickings from customers just because they pay their money

Good post.

Much as I love the stadium, the downside to be so close is that the players hear every shout and we all can't stop ourselves groaning at the mistakes.

This gets to the players and they react in different ways. Some get very nervous and Kane may fall into this group. He comes on at half time and tries to get into the game but his nervousness makes him error prone.

He needs a bit of support. He will get it from Warburton and his team mates but will he get it from us?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024