Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A wish for 2020 03:25 - Dec 30 with 2199 viewsmylot50years

Something that has been missing now for sometime within our club is a player on the pitch, an old head with plenty of chat someone that our youngsters would respect and listen to, someone that would enable those around him to keep focused for the duration of the match while doing much of his running for him when it's required in a word a Captain.
I believe in general MW is doing a good job but he needs that on the pitch ingredient to assist the youngsters, its been so noticeable in most of the matches this season the lack of any leadership on the pitch and so noticeable again today against Hull the only players making any noise was their lot.
It's a difficult role to fill I know but one most needed, anyone got any suggestions while taking into account our present financial situation.
A wish for 2020 on 03:52 - Dec 30 with 2178 viewsBushRanger82

My wish for 2020, is that Queen’s Park Rangers develope a winning mentality that extends beyond just wanting to win promotion.
A wish for 2020 on 08:55 - Dec 30 with 2062 viewsbosh67

I agree. Both Hall and Leistner are decent players but neither are really leaders. We do need a shouter, an organiser etc etc. Last season Lumley shouted his way through the season but this season he really has gone quiet and lost confidence.

I feel we need a dedicated defensive coach who's an old boy, a motivator for the squad and another former on field leader and that person has to be, in my opinion, Clint Hill.

Clint Hill as part of the coaching staff feels the right thing to do to add part of what is missing. He is also more likely to identify a leader.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

A wish for 2020 on 09:11 - Dec 30 with 2017 viewsAntti_Heinola

A wish for 2020 on 08:55 - Dec 30 by bosh67

I agree. Both Hall and Leistner are decent players but neither are really leaders. We do need a shouter, an organiser etc etc. Last season Lumley shouted his way through the season but this season he really has gone quiet and lost confidence.

I feel we need a dedicated defensive coach who's an old boy, a motivator for the squad and another former on field leader and that person has to be, in my opinion, Clint Hill.

Clint Hill as part of the coaching staff feels the right thing to do to add part of what is missing. He is also more likely to identify a leader.

it's a nice idea, but other than Clint being a legend, what evidence is there that he is any sort of coach? I'm not saying he's not, but how on earth do we know that?

Bare bones.

A wish for 2020 on 09:35 - Dec 30 with 1962 viewsstevec

Six footers.

Right across the back line.

Who head everything and kick everything.

And a goalkeeper.
A wish for 2020 on 09:36 - Dec 30 with 1965 viewsozexile

Isn't this why we signed Cameron and Rangel?
A wish for 2020 on 10:45 - Dec 30 with 1859 viewsWatford_Ranger

A wish for 2020 on 09:36 - Dec 30 by ozexile

And Wallace.
A wish for 2020 on 11:27 - Dec 30 with 1820 viewssuperhoopdownunder

My wish for 2020 is to win Euromillions so I can buy Uncle Tony and Ruben out.
I’d put everything to a vote on Loft for Words.
You only have to look at our player ratings for this season to realise we know who can play and who should be moved on.

If I don’t win Euromillions I would like more of a backbone to our team including
A decent keeper and a leader on the field

I would hope we keep our best players and move on the has beens and others that are not good enough

Also if we don’t already would like us to have a defensive coach brought in to sort the mess out

Happy New Year

U R’s
[Post edited 30 Dec 2019 21:56]
A wish for 2020 on 13:09 - Dec 30 with 1699 viewsMancR

This is an easy one. A simple test in manners and good sense that every QPR fan must pass before they're allowed anywhere near the internet.
Login to get fewer ads

A wish for 2020 on 13:34 - Dec 30 with 1653 viewsNortholt_Rs

A wish for 2020 on 13:09 - Dec 30 by MancR

This is an easy one. A simple test in manners and good sense that every QPR fan must pass before they're allowed anywhere near the internet.

There would be nobody left on here though....

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

A wish for 2020 on 15:28 - Dec 30 with 1598 viewskensalriser

A wish for 2020 on 11:27 - Dec 30 by superhoopdownunder

My wish for 2020 is to win Euromillions so I can buy Uncle Tony and Ruben out.
I’d put everything to a vote on Loft for Words.
You only have to look at our player ratings for this season to realise we know who can play and who should be moved on.

If I don’t win Euromillions I would like more of a backbone to our team including
A decent keeper and a leader on the field

I would hope we keep our best players and move on the has beens and others that are not good enough

Also if we don’t already would like us to have a defensive coach brought in to sort the mess out

Happy New Year

U R’s
[Post edited 30 Dec 2019 21:56]

Biggest win ever on Euromillions is £161 million. You'd soon run out of money.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

A wish for 2020 on 21:08 - Dec 30 with 1506 viewsmylot50years

A wish for 2020 on 09:36 - Dec 30 by ozexile

Yes and unfortunately it has not materialized also include Wallas with those two, all three need to fully concentrate on their individual performances rather than boss the game going on around them.
We require an old head someone that can do both, maybe possible to attract the required type of player with the possibility of a coaching position in the future at the club.
A wish for 2020 on 22:50 - Dec 30 with 1440 viewsbosh67

A wish for 2020 on 09:11 - Dec 30 by Antti_Heinola

it's a nice idea, but other than Clint being a legend, what evidence is there that he is any sort of coach? I'm not saying he's not, but how on earth do we know that?

Because he's a leader and if we don't have a captain on the pitch we can have one off it. Why not?

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

A wish for 2020 on 23:10 - Dec 30 with 1418 viewsTacticalR

There are no magic captain trees.

Air hostess clique

A wish for 2020 on 05:18 - Dec 31 with 1329 viewsMelakaRanger

A wish for 2020 on 13:09 - Dec 30 by MancR

Here Here!
(No subject) (n/t) on 13:41 - Dec 31 with 1224 viewsloftboy

A wish for 2020 on 09:11 - Dec 30 by Antti_Heinola

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024