Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just Back 17:51 - Jan 1 with 6265 viewsTacticalR

From the moment of that flighted ball from Eze to Wells everything we did came off. Cardiff couldn't handle BOS. Absolutely cracking shot from BOS for his first goal.

I kept wondering if we were going to slip up and have a Luton-style wobble, but Cardiff were outplayed the whole game.

We played some neat football in tight spots to work the ball forward, and then let the forward players do their stuff.

Amos had his best game and got the balance right between defence and attack.

I am still not quite sure if it was all down to us or Cardiff just not being in the game. They were left completely deflated and chasing shadows.

Air hostess clique

Just Back on 17:54 - Jan 1 with 4764 viewsBlackCrowe

Nakhi and Bright vie for mom, but Amos and Chair were flipping superb today. As was Leistner and Cameron. Well, all of them really.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Just Back on 17:59 - Jan 1 with 4685 viewsrsonist

Cardiff were appalling but today was all about the importance of extending the lead when we're on top (and coming out for the second half in merciless mood) - could still have been a different game. Flint had already thumped a header against the bar, they had a chance to equalise, but that second goal knocked the stuffing out of them and with our tails up they had too much defending on their minds to attack us.
Just Back on 18:02 - Jan 1 with 4628 viewsPetros

That was such a perfect performance that it even included a last-minute reminder that we need a new goalkeeper. (Nice assist notwithstanding.)
Just Back on 18:09 - Jan 1 with 4530 viewsBlackCrowe

Just Back on 18:02 - Jan 1 by Petros

That was such a perfect performance that it even included a last-minute reminder that we need a new goalkeeper. (Nice assist notwithstanding.)

I think he should've saved it. Felt gutted for him.

Just Back on 18:16 - Jan 1 with 4451 viewsJuzzie

BOS MoM for me.
Just Back on 18:31 - Jan 1 with 4335 viewsDejR_vu

For 90 minutes 50 seconds that was a near perfect performance.

It looked like Cardiff’s game plan was to shoot on sight, get balls in the box as often as possible and wait for the inevitable. But, it also looked like our plan was to try and make sure absolutely nothing got through on target. The defence was absolutely immense.

The midfield clicked, BOS and Eze were on fire, Wells was superb. Unbelievable ball from Eze for the first, great assist from Lumley.

Defended superbly when down to ten men. Goal, with literally the last kick of the game, down to the keeper again.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Just Back on 18:33 - Jan 1 with 4304 viewsLowerloftLad

The pass from eze
The pass from lumley
Bright samuel all 10/10 today

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Just Back on 18:35 - Jan 1 with 4271 viewsHantsR

I'm just back - it couldn't happen to a nicer team could it!?
Login to get fewer ads

Just Back on 18:37 - Jan 1 with 4253 viewsBlackCrowe

Just Back on 18:33 - Jan 1 by LowerloftLad

The pass from eze
The pass from lumley
Bright samuel all 10/10 today

That lofted assist from Wells and the nahk-trick gives him MOM for me.

Just Back on 18:38 - Jan 1 with 4247 viewsJuzzie

Just Back on 18:31 - Jan 1 by DejR_vu

For 90 minutes 50 seconds that was a near perfect performance.

It looked like Cardiff’s game plan was to shoot on sight, get balls in the box as often as possible and wait for the inevitable. But, it also looked like our plan was to try and make sure absolutely nothing got through on target. The defence was absolutely immense.

The midfield clicked, BOS and Eze were on fire, Wells was superb. Unbelievable ball from Eze for the first, great assist from Lumley.

Defended superbly when down to ten men. Goal, with literally the last kick of the game, down to the keeper again.

So what that we conceded. You even said it yourself..... we went down to 10 men as we lost a defender to injury with all subs used

I literally could not give a shit yet people still moaning after scoring six for the first time in 20 years.

Jesus wept.

[Post edited 1 Jan 2020 18:42]
Just Back on 18:39 - Jan 1 with 4227 viewsbosh67

On a quick note having got back to watch the highlights. Why was Ryan Gosling playing as their number 6?

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Just Back on 18:42 - Jan 1 with 4191 viewsDejR_vu

Just Back on 18:38 - Jan 1 by Juzzie

So what that we conceded. You even said it yourself..... we went down to 10 men as we lost a defender to injury with all subs used

I literally could not give a shit yet people still moaning after scoring six for the first time in 20 years.

Jesus wept.

[Post edited 1 Jan 2020 18:42]

Not moaning, just saying it as I saw it. Did you only read the last six words?

Just Back on 18:45 - Jan 1 with 4150 viewsJuzzie

Just Back on 18:42 - Jan 1 by DejR_vu

Not moaning, just saying it as I saw it. Did you only read the last six words?

Why mention it? Its as though people still have to get a dig in.
Just Back on 18:49 - Jan 1 with 4083 viewsDejR_vu

Just Back on 18:45 - Jan 1 by Juzzie

Why not? It happened.

I also said the defence was immense, Eze and BOS were on fire, Eze’s assist sublime, Lumley’s superb. But he also dropped another clanger. Why can’t that be mentioned?

Can’t see how anyone reasonable would think that post is a moan.

Just Back on 18:52 - Jan 1 with 4040 viewsJuzzie

Just Back on 18:49 - Jan 1 by DejR_vu

Why not? It happened.

I also said the defence was immense, Eze and BOS were on fire, Eze’s assist sublime, Lumley’s superb. But he also dropped another clanger. Why can’t that be mentioned?

Can’t see how anyone reasonable would think that post is a moan.

Ok fair enough, sorry. Just that i cannot believe there are people digging it out.

I saw the goals on tv and it looked like the ball was just moving away from him, they're not easy to save.
Recent criticism of him is deserved, not today.
Just Back on 18:56 - Jan 1 with 3984 viewsPhilmyRs

Just Back on 18:45 - Jan 1 by Juzzie

Come on. Great game, loved it and some quality performances but you’re having a go at a poster for also flagging a mistake (again) from our keeper?! Just because it was one of the performances of the season shouldn’t mean you can’t flag an area of the team that’s weak. Potentially the playoffs are on, unlikely, but an outside chance but we’ll need our keeper to seriously reduce the amount of mistakes they make. Think everyone felt for him when that goal went in as a clean sheet was on for him which would boost his confidence. It doesn’t diminish the quality of the performance but reinforces that this part of our game needs improving.

Agree that BOS was immense, we have ourselves another asset on the books...
Just Back on 18:57 - Jan 1 with 3963 viewsDejR_vu

Just Back on 18:52 - Jan 1 by Juzzie

Ok fair enough, sorry. Just that i cannot believe there are people digging it out.

I saw the goals on tv and it looked like the ball was just moving away from him, they're not easy to save.
Recent criticism of him is deserved, not today.

Making a balanced point isn’t digging him out.

Anyway, can’t remember the last time I enjoyed a home game that much.

Just Back on 19:21 - Jan 1 with 3790 viewsJuzzie

Just Back on 18:56 - Jan 1 by PhilmyRs

Come on. Great game, loved it and some quality performances but you’re having a go at a poster for also flagging a mistake (again) from our keeper?! Just because it was one of the performances of the season shouldn’t mean you can’t flag an area of the team that’s weak. Potentially the playoffs are on, unlikely, but an outside chance but we’ll need our keeper to seriously reduce the amount of mistakes they make. Think everyone felt for him when that goal went in as a clean sheet was on for him which would boost his confidence. It doesn’t diminish the quality of the performance but reinforces that this part of our game needs improving.

Agree that BOS was immense, we have ourselves another asset on the books...

a) I did apologise
b) I don’t think theIr goal was a mistake

All about opinions I guess.
Just Back on 20:28 - Jan 1 with 3393 viewsPhilmyRs

Just Back on 19:21 - Jan 1 by Juzzie

a) I did apologise
b) I don’t think theIr goal was a mistake

All about opinions I guess.

Yep I posted before I’d seen your reply. It was a mistake but the good, and there was a lot of good, far outweighed any negatives. It was a good game to bring your boy to, I doubt I’ll introduce mine to the pain but still a few years to decide.
Just Back on 20:35 - Jan 1 with 3334 viewsAgedR

There were absolutely stellar performances this afternoon. Any other week any one of Amos, Welles or Eze smash MOM. However, Samuel was completely different class. I genuinely can’t remember such an outstanding and influential offensive performance since Adele.

I do like Amos though, took a while to find his feet, but, a cracking midfielder.

They’ll need to be at least as good to get anything at Brentford, but, that worry is for another day.

Today is for soppy grins!

Poll: Who do we want out of the way?

Just Back on 21:11 - Jan 1 with 3162 viewsdannyblue

I can’t remember the last time I saw such a dominant performance from a winger. adel dominated but in a very different way.
Just Back on 21:16 - Jan 1 with 3111 viewsDWQPR

Just Back on 20:35 - Jan 1 by AgedR

There were absolutely stellar performances this afternoon. Any other week any one of Amos, Welles or Eze smash MOM. However, Samuel was completely different class. I genuinely can’t remember such an outstanding and influential offensive performance since Adele.

I do like Amos though, took a while to find his feet, but, a cracking midfielder.

They’ll need to be at least as good to get anything at Brentford, but, that worry is for another day.

For me BOS was MOTM. Two goals and an assist and absolutely terrorised their left back. Shame he was substituted because their left back had been turned totally inside out that I was expecting to see the number of his shirt on the front of him.

Glad Wells got his shooting boots back, he’s had a rough few weeks but you can never fault his endeavour and he also made a great header clearance when we was one up.

Amos had his best game and I also thought that of Cameron at right back. I suspect that Ball also has a good game but he is the type of player whereby his contribution tends to go unnoticed, a bit like Holloway used to.

Eze for me produced the ball of the decade for the first goal but was trumped by the ball from Wells for the second who then got trumped by Lumley for the third. Felt for Joe at the end because although it looked like he should have saved it that ball went at some pace. Glad. It didn’t matter in the end.

Back to Eze it was nice to see that he had one of his quite recent games and that others shone more. Chair produced another great performance and his wing play for the fifth was fantastic.

Well we have all been saying that someone is going to get it. Well they got it and hopefully this performance can show the team that they can do some real damage in this league.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Just Back on 21:29 - Jan 1 with 3040 viewsNortholt_Rs

Just Back on 20:35 - Jan 1 by AgedR

This. BOS was immense in a great, great win. Very proud of my team tonight!

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Just Back on 21:46 - Jan 1 with 2959 viewsRalf85

That was a blinding performance today. I loved the first 90 minutes only to be brought back to reality in the 91st. That's three games in a row that a goal has been scored against us in added time. Lumley had the time to lean left to palm the ball away but he only managed to palm it into his own net. A sharp reminder about how delicate our league position remains with a dodgy keeper. I did enjoy the experience of watching our squad doing such a great job. The back four even worked with Wallace and Cameron in control. What a performance from BOS. He gets better every game. A positive start to the year.
Just Back on 22:12 - Jan 1 with 2857 viewsBlackCrowe

Yes, and if the game was entertaining enough, the round-the-pole at half time was sensational.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024