Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just Back 17:51 - Jan 1 with 6361 viewsTacticalR

From the moment of that flighted ball from Eze to Wells everything we did came off. Cardiff couldn't handle BOS. Absolutely cracking shot from BOS for his first goal.

I kept wondering if we were going to slip up and have a Luton-style wobble, but Cardiff were outplayed the whole game.

We played some neat football in tight spots to work the ball forward, and then let the forward players do their stuff.

Amos had his best game and got the balance right between defence and attack.

I am still not quite sure if it was all down to us or Cardiff just not being in the game. They were left completely deflated and chasing shadows.

Air hostess clique

Just Back on 22:29 - Jan 1 with 1493 viewsdavman

Just Back on 17:59 - Jan 1 by rsonist

Cardiff were appalling but today was all about the importance of extending the lead when we're on top (and coming out for the second half in merciless mood) - could still have been a different game. Flint had already thumped a header against the bar, they had a chance to equalise, but that second goal knocked the stuffing out of them and with our tails up they had too much defending on their minds to attack us.

Agreed. Simple thing to say, but if this team believes 100% in itself, it will succeed. When we play at a high tempo we are formidable, but it only takes one set back to put doubts in players minds. I can't remember a team that is so inconsistent in game. Yes, we have had frustrating teams in the past that look great one week and shocking the next, but this lot look great for 30 minutes here and there and awful for the other 60 minutes in a game.

A confidence team.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Just Back on 22:45 - Jan 1 with 1451 viewsstowmarketrange

Just Back on 22:12 - Jan 1 by BlackCrowe

Yes, and if the game was entertaining enough, the round-the-pole at half time was sensational.

I suppose we had to let Cardiff win something today.
Just Back on 23:07 - Jan 1 with 1358 viewsMatch82

Yes, and if the game was entertaining enough, the round-the-pole at half time was sensational.

Ugh, don't. I did the round the pole against Cardiff, must have been 15 years ago now. I was last up, first bloke missed, second bloke scored but tripped over 4 times on the way round and took about 3 minutes.

So I sauntered out there, took my time, round the pole, lined up my spot - inside of the foot, top corner - knowing I just had to get it in the back of the net to win ....and put it about 6 foot wide.

Cue half the lower left going "you're fcking sht mate" and a long walk back down the tunnel, then back up to my seat in the upper loft. Where my dad turned to me and said "you shanked that son"

Still, I imagine the prize is a lot better these days that the crap looking DVD player on offer that day, so could be worse.
Just Back on 00:11 - Jan 2 with 1255 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Just Back on 18:52 - Jan 1 by Juzzie

Ok fair enough, sorry. Just that i cannot believe there are people digging it out.

I saw the goals on tv and it looked like the ball was just moving away from him, they're not easy to save.
Recent criticism of him is deserved, not today.

Sorry but it is deserved. Regardless of the score-line that was a routine save which he again messed up. You also deserve criticism because DejR gave a balanced and factual review but you just couldn't resist getting on his back.
[Post edited 2 Jan 2020 0:19]
Just Back on 01:06 - Jan 2 with 1201 viewsT_Block

I said it before but BOS reminds me of Ferdinand.

Fullt understand why Warburton tried him at centre-forward a few games back,

A joy to watch his development.

Word to the wise Samuel : concentrate on developing your game time enough for the money you will inevitable get.Always best to play regularly -do not leave to sit in the reserves what ever the money.Eze could do with a mention on this as well.
Just Back on 04:40 - Jan 2 with 1121 viewsSirNose

enjoyable
[Post edited 2 Aug 2020 7:06]
Just Back on 06:20 - Jan 2 with 1087 viewsSydneyRs

Just Back on 01:06 - Jan 2 by T_Block

I said it before but BOS reminds me of Ferdinand.

Fullt understand why Warburton tried him at centre-forward a few games back,

A joy to watch his development.

Word to the wise Samuel : concentrate on developing your game time enough for the money you will inevitable get.Always best to play regularly -do not leave to sit in the reserves what ever the money.Eze could do with a mention on this as well.

Agree. This guy is something special and full credit to Warburton, Ramsay etc on his development from a raw talent towards the finished article.
Just Back on 07:38 - Jan 2 with 1021 viewsozranger

I think the important thing about BOS and something that has really been missing for sooo long is that he runs at defenders and beats them with style, strength and speed (we could add youth and exuberance as well). We have really missed that. It is that set of traits that gives him an edge and has put him apart from other wingers we have had for some time. It is a joy to watch and like Eze, Chair and others, enjoy while we can.

As my first match having just returned from Oz and my first NYD game, it was great to see the boys enjoy themselves and the confidence oozed when we were four ahead. The importance of that fourth goal cannot be underestimated.
Login to get fewer ads

Just Back on 08:19 - Jan 2 with 949 viewsWokingR

Barry was a legend wasn't he.
We need to book him to do half time for every home game.
Just Back on 08:52 - Jan 2 with 900 viewsNgaiTahu_Hoop

Just Back on 08:19 - Jan 2 by WokingR

Barry was a legend wasn't he.
We need to book him to do half time for every home game.

Being of restricted height myself I got great joy from Nahkis second when he leapt like a salmon in front of the giant Flint to head it home. Superb. All Flint could do was push The wee man over in disgust
Just Back on 09:35 - Jan 2 with 820 viewsYokelR

Always look at the other team's fans forum to see their view?

Every time we win they always seem to say 'beaten by a very average QPR team'.

Surely not today though? Yep first post! Beaten by an ordinary QPR'

Blimey imagine how many they would have lost by if BOS and everyone were any good?
Just Back on 10:05 - Jan 2 with 750 viewsdaveB

I thought first half was similar to the Hull game in how we dominated but we managed to take our chances this time. So much good attacking football but credit to Warburton for the defensive changes against such a big side picking two taller full backs really helped when they were lumping balls into the box at 1-0, an equaliser looked inevitable at that stage but we defended well.

The front 4 were all outstanding but also thought Ball and Amos had their best games for us.
Just Back on 11:22 - Jan 2 with 662 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Just Back on 09:35 - Jan 2 by YokelR

Always look at the other team's fans forum to see their view?

Every time we win they always seem to say 'beaten by a very average QPR team'.

Surely not today though? Yep first post! Beaten by an ordinary QPR'

Blimey imagine how many they would have lost by if BOS and everyone were any good?

Yet they celebrate like lottery winners when they draw with or beat us a la Hull, Reading, Charlton, Forest, Brentford etc.

Excellent performance yesterday, the audacity of BOS and sublime skills of Wells, Eze and Chair far too much for Cardiff, who were awful in truth. Strong in defence and efficient in midfield.. Tougher tests to come but who cares, savor days like these.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Just Back on 11:35 - Jan 2 with 635 viewsrsonist

Just Back on 22:29 - Jan 1 by davman

Agreed. Simple thing to say, but if this team believes 100% in itself, it will succeed. When we play at a high tempo we are formidable, but it only takes one set back to put doubts in players minds. I can't remember a team that is so inconsistent in game. Yes, we have had frustrating teams in the past that look great one week and shocking the next, but this lot look great for 30 minutes here and there and awful for the other 60 minutes in a game.

A confidence team.

Yep. Yesterday was more a reminder of the current status quo - when we're good we're very good, when we're bad... etc. Stabilisation, consistency, and some indication we're capable of weathering rougher spells will be the barometer for progress second half of the season.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024