Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A stark reminder of the reality of our financial position 23:28 - Feb 1 with 9088 viewsbosh67

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/no-lack-of-ambition-defiant-warburton-makes-

Apologies if this has been posted but for anyone in any doubt about what the club is up against in dealing with this FFP thing and what Warburton is having to do as a result and particularly criticising him then do read this. A pretty stark reminder of where we are and despite our dip in results what the management and coaching staff are having to do.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

A stark reminder of the reality of our financial position on 23:35 - Feb 1 with 4539 viewssmegma

That should be posted on EVERY QPR related forum. Some of the comments I've read tonight and heard in the SAR stand today were pathetic.
A stark reminder of the reality of our financial position on 23:37 - Feb 1 with 4527 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Seriously, this is getting boring now.

(1) If I want to criticise, I will. If you don't like it, tough.
(2) The criticism is not of Warburton but the board who have put us in this position through chronic mismanagement. That is the stark reality of our financial position.
(3) The solution is not for fans to give them an easy ride but to continue criticising them so that they understand that they are accountable, it is unacceptable and we expect them to dig the club out of the mess that they created.
(4) Given the latest rumours of bribery and money laundering, expect more criticism.
[Post edited 1 Feb 2020 23:41]
A stark reminder of the reality of our financial position on 23:43 - Feb 1 with 4481 viewsBoston

If you pays yer money yer entitled to yer say.

Even if its delusional.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

A stark reminder of the reality of our financial position on 23:48 - Feb 1 with 4460 views100percent

A stark reminder of the reality of our financial position on 23:37 - Feb 1 by Benny_the_Ball

(2) The criticism is not of Warburton but the board who have put us in this position through chronic mismanagement. That is the stark reality of our financial position.
(3) The solution is not for fans to give them an easy ride but to continue criticising them so that they understand that they are accountable, it is unacceptable and we expect them to dig the club out of the mess that they created.
(4) Given the latest rumours of bribery and money laundering, expect more criticism.

1) crack on, but the continual lack of understanding the situation is what's really boring
2) not defending the board, but it appears they are trying to create a solution
3) isn't that exactly what they are attempting to do?
4) oh do wind your fcking neck in - bribery, money laundering? do me a fcking favour.

there's a whole set of young players out there on the pitch, playing decent football in parts and there is the beginning of something tangible and good going on. they don't need whining, moaning vvankers getting on their back after putting a decent shift in. Grow the fck up.
A stark reminder of the reality of our financial position on 23:50 - Feb 1 with 4445 viewsAntti_Heinola

A stark reminder of the reality of our financial position on 23:37 - Feb 1 by Benny_the_Ball

Benny, no one argues that there was not mismanagement in the past. But whether we had mismanaged then or not is largely irrelevant to our current position. They invested heavily - and for the most part badly. But we are where we are because the club does not generate income - we are not sking because we lost hundred of millions then - we're are not spending money because we are complying with FFP. Getting angry about essentially what happend 4 or 5 years ago is a waste of time and effort, and apart from being upset that they did not appoint better managers to steward the club in the Prem, which would then mean maybe we'd still be there and not worrying about finances as much, it does not affect where we are now - which is in my view a healthier position than we have been for a very, very long time indeed. Lean squad, no one on ridiculous wages, young players, good attacking manager.
Patience is what's needed here.

Bare bones.

A stark reminder of the reality of our financial position on 23:51 - Feb 1 with 4437 viewsAntti_Heinola

And if you think it's getting boring, spare a thought for us reading the same old boring responses to Warbs' attempts at realism.

Bare bones.

A stark reminder of the reality of our financial position on 23:55 - Feb 1 with 4427 viewssmegma

I never mentioned the comments I've read / heard but do crack on.
A stark reminder of the reality of our financial position on 00:08 - Feb 2 with 4388 viewstimcocking

Everybody stay cool, no sense turning on each other.

It's a frustrating time. I personally am pretty understanding about it all and generally (apart from tinkering 'keepers and dropping Bright every time he's mom) i'm pleased with Marky Mark so far. No sense blaming him for Jose Bosingwa and the board can't hardly go back in time.

Easy to see why people are getting fed up and asking what's the point, though.

To me, Clive's article predictably gets it spot on. The way things are, you'd have to predict a couple of decades from now we'll have half of the fan base we currently have. Why would any youngsters grow up to support QPR now unless forced into it? So it's pretty easy for me to see why people are worried and unhappy. It feels like we are watching the slow death of QPR/football as we know it. Don't think the answer is to start haranguing each other particularly.

The answer is bloody standing areas and perhaps a miracle to boot.
Login to get fewer ads

A stark reminder of the reality of our financial position on 00:17 - Feb 2 with 4366 viewsQPROslo

A stark reminder of the reality of our financial position on 23:55 - Feb 1 by smegma

I never mentioned the comments I've read / heard but do crack on.

So Warburton is saying we cannot afford to pay £3 million on players means the rumour we bid £3 million for McKenna in August was not correct then? Or we are worse off now than was expected in the summer?
A stark reminder of the reality of our financial position on 00:32 - Feb 2 with 4332 viewsBenny_the_Ball

A stark reminder of the reality of our financial position on 23:48 - Feb 1 by 100percent

1) crack on, but the continual lack of understanding the situation is what's really boring
2) not defending the board, but it appears they are trying to create a solution
3) isn't that exactly what they are attempting to do?
4) oh do wind your fcking neck in - bribery, money laundering? do me a fcking favour.

there's a whole set of young players out there on the pitch, playing decent football in parts and there is the beginning of something tangible and good going on. they don't need whining, moaning vvankers getting on their back after putting a decent shift in. Grow the fck up.

No one is criticising the players, you and other moaning jessies are making that up. The fans understand the situation perfectly but that does not make the board immune to criticism particularly when they created the problems.

As for the latest rumours, nothing should surprise us anymore. This is the club that has brought us beauties like guns in the boardroom, Faurlin-gate, and a record FFP fine.
[Post edited 2 Feb 2020 0:49]
A stark reminder of the reality of our financial position on 00:34 - Feb 2 with 4325 viewsdistortR

A stark reminder of the reality of our financial position on 00:17 - Feb 2 by QPROslo

So Warburton is saying we cannot afford to pay £3 million on players means the rumour we bid £3 million for McKenna in August was not correct then? Or we are worse off now than was expected in the summer?

really depends how the deal was structured, I suppose.
A stark reminder of the reality of our financial position on 00:40 - Feb 2 with 4302 viewsMatch82

I think some people also struggle to tell the difference between the board (Fernandes et al) and what Americans would refer to as the "front office" (Ferdinand, Hoos)

The boards job is to make the right financial decisions for the club and appoint the right people to run it. They've historically done an astonishingly bad job with both which is why we are in such a poor position. However i'd argue they are at least showing signs of progress on that front, they aren't throwing stupid money around any more and (IMO) both Ferdinand and Hoos are doing a great job. Appreciate not everyone agrees.

I'm not denying that the Warren Farm and stadium are ongoing clusterfcks. I want to believe all the rationale behind that and give them the benefit of the doubt, but they don't exactly have a good track record in that regard.
A stark reminder of the reality of our financial position on 00:40 - Feb 2 with 4301 viewsBenny_the_Ball

A stark reminder of the reality of our financial position on 23:50 - Feb 1 by Antti_Heinola

Benny, no one argues that there was not mismanagement in the past. But whether we had mismanaged then or not is largely irrelevant to our current position. They invested heavily - and for the most part badly. But we are where we are because the club does not generate income - we are not sking because we lost hundred of millions then - we're are not spending money because we are complying with FFP. Getting angry about essentially what happend 4 or 5 years ago is a waste of time and effort, and apart from being upset that they did not appoint better managers to steward the club in the Prem, which would then mean maybe we'd still be there and not worrying about finances as much, it does not affect where we are now - which is in my view a healthier position than we have been for a very, very long time indeed. Lean squad, no one on ridiculous wages, young players, good attacking manager.
Patience is what's needed here.

I agree to an extent but it's no justification for extreme austerity nor a reason to allow the board to sweep its previous mistakes under the carpet. Regular reminders will make them less likely to repeat these mistakes if and when the purse strings are loosened.

Furthermore, FFP does not apply to every situation. There is simply no excuse, none whatsoever, for the board not starting work on Warren Farm. Starlings my arse.
[Post edited 2 Feb 2020 0:51]
A stark reminder of the reality of our financial position on 00:49 - Feb 2 with 4275 views100percent

A stark reminder of the reality of our financial position on 00:32 - Feb 2 by Benny_the_Ball

No one is criticising the players, you and other moaning jessies are making that up. The fans understand the situation perfectly but that does not make the board immune to criticism particularly when they created the problems.

As for the latest rumours, nothing should surprise us anymore. This is the club that has brought us beauties like guns in the boardroom, Faurlin-gate, and a record FFP fine.

You are one whiny, limp flaccid dick aren't you?
what you going to bring up next - the Thompson family? Chris wright?
Fact is you are never happy unless you have something to whine about....
have a day off - or go sit at the end of the garden and chew worms.....
A stark reminder of the reality of our financial position on 00:57 - Feb 2 with 4255 viewsgobbles

A stark reminder of the reality of our financial position on 00:08 - Feb 2 by timcocking

Everybody stay cool, no sense turning on each other.

It's a frustrating time. I personally am pretty understanding about it all and generally (apart from tinkering 'keepers and dropping Bright every time he's mom) i'm pleased with Marky Mark so far. No sense blaming him for Jose Bosingwa and the board can't hardly go back in time.

Easy to see why people are getting fed up and asking what's the point, though.

To me, Clive's article predictably gets it spot on. The way things are, you'd have to predict a couple of decades from now we'll have half of the fan base we currently have. Why would any youngsters grow up to support QPR now unless forced into it? So it's pretty easy for me to see why people are worried and unhappy. It feels like we are watching the slow death of QPR/football as we know it. Don't think the answer is to start haranguing each other particularly.

The answer is bloody standing areas and perhaps a miracle to boot.

I don't follow your logic at all (the bit about the slow death of QPR and losing our fanbase).
If you compare the club/team now with the one that went down to Division Three (or whatever it was called then) 20 years ago (after several years of trying), there is no comparison. We have an exciting young squad, playing attractive football.
Today could easily have been a win, but there is a plan in place. Bring through the kids, build something.
20 years ago, the only decent young player we had was Crouch and we had an owner who decided to put the club in administration and take out a massive loan to pay him back his investment. Yet we came back.
It doesn't help that so many of our fans seem to be f@cking morons. At the start of the season, we were being tipped to go down, yet when we were struggling against Middlesbrough, I had people around me moaning that 'if we don't win we will lose touch with the top 6'.
I am genuinely enthusiastic about our future,
A stark reminder of the reality of our financial position on 01:03 - Feb 2 with 4244 views100percent

A stark reminder of the reality of our financial position on 00:57 - Feb 2 by gobbles

I don't follow your logic at all (the bit about the slow death of QPR and losing our fanbase).
If you compare the club/team now with the one that went down to Division Three (or whatever it was called then) 20 years ago (after several years of trying), there is no comparison. We have an exciting young squad, playing attractive football.
Today could easily have been a win, but there is a plan in place. Bring through the kids, build something.
20 years ago, the only decent young player we had was Crouch and we had an owner who decided to put the club in administration and take out a massive loan to pay him back his investment. Yet we came back.
It doesn't help that so many of our fans seem to be f@cking morons. At the start of the season, we were being tipped to go down, yet when we were struggling against Middlesbrough, I had people around me moaning that 'if we don't win we will lose touch with the top 6'.

Careful Gobbles, sensible posts like this are likely to bring about mass hysteria....
A stark reminder of the reality of our financial position on 01:05 - Feb 2 with 4236 viewsBenny_the_Ball

A stark reminder of the reality of our financial position on 00:49 - Feb 2 by 100percent

You are one whiny, limp flaccid dick aren't you?
what you going to bring up next - the Thompson family? Chris wright?
Fact is you are never happy unless you have something to whine about....
have a day off - or go sit at the end of the garden and chew worms.....

Huh, and you have the audacity to tell me to grow up. Get to bed, child and leave this to adults.
[Post edited 2 Feb 2020 1:07]
A stark reminder of the reality of our financial position on 01:08 - Feb 2 with 4224 views100percent

A stark reminder of the reality of our financial position on 01:05 - Feb 2 by Benny_the_Ball

Huh, and you have the audacity to tell me to grow up. Get to bed, child and leave this to adults.
[Post edited 2 Feb 2020 1:07]

You sound as if you are about to burst out crying, are you ok hon?
A stark reminder of the reality of our financial position on 01:27 - Feb 2 with 4197 viewsBenny_the_Ball

A stark reminder of the reality of our financial position on 01:08 - Feb 2 by 100percent

You sound as if you are about to burst out crying, are you ok hon?

Turn it in you berk. You're just embarrassing yourself now.
[Post edited 2 Feb 2020 1:30]
A stark reminder of the reality of our financial position on 01:56 - Feb 2 with 4146 viewskarl

Obviously I'm a distant fan and I always appreciate that when compared to those attending regularly, I only follow things on here as a rule, so no twitter carnage, but for me everyone seems pretty relaxed about the league, recent grumblings have been about the relative capitulation in the cup.
The board have royally f*cked up over several seasons but if there was no interference with team selection for the game v Weds then I do honestly think MW has to be held to account as team selection was a terrible decision whether using hindsight or not, no one knew we'd get City and no one knows if they'll play their reserves.
Now that doesn't mean he should be hounded as across the board he has been great and is progressing the club well but when someone mucks up just say it, hope it's accepted and that in future we approach things differently.
I would hate it that it's acceptable to just switch off the cups and aim for mid table.
I've always said that Wigan fans would never swap the FA Cup win over relegation (and subsequently 2nd relegation) but don't know if that's true. For me I would and I still think relegation isn't always the worst thing that can happen a club, drudgery is the curse not highs and lows
A stark reminder of the reality of our financial position on 02:31 - Feb 2 with 4113 viewsHooparoo

Hard to believe we were one win off second place earlier in the season.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

A stark reminder of the reality of our financial position on 03:12 - Feb 2 with 4086 viewstimcocking

A stark reminder of the reality of our financial position on 00:57 - Feb 2 by gobbles

I hope you're right my friend.

I think the difference back then, though, it felt only a question of time before we'll be back where we belong, whereas now, it seems football really has evolved into the big teams and sod everybody else. There's being a selling club and there's losing every single good player immediately for sweet FA. Speaking of FA, i hoped to win the FA cup every year when i was young. Now, we don't even try. If you can't follow my logic of why, in a city such as London with teams like Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs literally around the corner and now Brentford moving past us, our fan base will most likely dwindle year on year, you're probably in denial, with all due respect. Not having a pop, it just seems starkly clear from where i sit. It must be considered a realistic scenario at the very least. It could go either way, but seems to me the owners just take the support for granted and it could be a fatal mistake eventually.
A stark reminder of the reality of our financial position on 07:05 - Feb 2 with 3949 viewspeejaybee

As Obama Said : To those that criticize without ideas of there own ,I say what is your answer:

If at first you dont succeed, pack up and f**k off home.

A stark reminder of the reality of our financial position on 07:48 - Feb 2 with 3866 viewsnix

A stark reminder of the reality of our financial position on 00:32 - Feb 2 by Benny_the_Ball

What I don't know is whether you were moaning like this when we were spunking all that money. I must admit I'm really enjoying the club more now than I did under the Redknapp and Hughes days. I love seeing our young players. And yes it's frustrating having to sell players but it's not just us. I want to be like Brentford, not Sheffield Wednesday or Derby selling the family silver on a bet that's. In no way guaranteed.

Also bit much to call optimistic or realistic people moaning Jessies when tbh you're acting like a moaning Jessie yourself.

I know we didn't win yesterday but it wasn't a) a boring drudgefesf like under JFH or b) a clueless shambles like under McLaren. I actually think we played some good football yesterday and there was enough there to see we could do well against lesser sides and I am reaslistic to think we're not a top 6 side yer but a work in progress.

No problem with criticising the board from time to time but not every time we lose, not when we're trying to right the wrongs and not with the same-old, same-old like a broken record. No one is stopping you, you've not been banned but don't expect people to not come back at you and then call them names because this is a forum not an echo chamber.
A stark reminder of the reality of our financial position on 07:59 - Feb 2 with 3840 viewsdavman

The difficult thing for me is that, whilst I get that we cannot spend money on the first team as that is FFP restricted, there is NOTHING stopping spend on the club's infrastructure such as the Training Ground or a Stadium.

If the owners genuinely still want to spend and "invest" in the future of the club as we have been continually told, the why have both of these projects so obviously stalled?

Conclusion: they don't want to spend a penny more and FFP, although a factor, is a majorly convenient excuse for them.

Hoping that they sell up to someone with a credible plan to get us moved. FFS, the Bus Stop is moving and the other two are improving their stadiums, so there must be something we're not getting told.

Depressing (yet again). The happy times never last with us, do they?

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024