Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
On that Clive Allen goal.... 12:50 - Feb 4 with 2818 viewsPhildo

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2020/feb/04/golden-goal-clive-allen-qp

On that Clive Allen goal.... on 12:57 - Feb 4 with 2794 viewsNov77

I was there, terrible view from that enclosure in the corner. What a goal though, pity it wasn’t the winner.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

On that Clive Allen goal.... on 13:22 - Feb 4 with 2733 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

So that’s where Scowen got his goal celebration from!

Poll: Expectations for this season?

On that Clive Allen goal.... on 13:25 - Feb 4 with 2731 viewsJuzzie

I was in the 'ammers end with my brother and school mate (both QPR) and a couple of girls from class (Hammers).

At full time this very large Hammers fan beside me said "If I fking see a QPR fan I'm gong to fking kill 'im". I slowly zipped up my Harrington jacket as I'd forgotten to take off my enamel QPR badge from my jumper.
On that Clive Allen goal.... on 13:26 - Feb 4 with 2725 viewsBrianMcCarthy

A gorgeous goal.

Mesmerising to watch.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

On that Clive Allen goal.... on 13:30 - Feb 4 with 2705 viewsW7Ranger

On that Clive Allen goal.... on 13:22 - Feb 4 by CliveWilsonSaid

So that’s where Scowen got his goal celebration from!

Was Allen a Hammers fan or something?
On that Clive Allen goal.... on 13:44 - Feb 4 with 2660 viewsJuzzie

On that Clive Allen goal.... on 13:30 - Feb 4 by W7Ranger

Was Allen a Hammers fan or something?

Born an eastender, family all eastenders.
On that Clive Allen goal.... on 14:06 - Feb 4 with 2601 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Great memories. We used to meet up for away games before and after at Moriaty’s on Baker Street station. Always get a lot of decent likeminded fans of other clubs there back then. ‘Ammers lot were a fair minded lot compared to some of the numb nuts they had and still have.

Allen nearly scored something similar at OT in the season opener when we were 2-1 down. Rangers played well nearly had them, but of course, United went straight up the other end and killed it 3-1.

Any one at the Abbey Stadium the season prior, when Allen scored a similar belter?

Clive Allen: a great goal scorer and a scorer of great goals!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

On that Clive Allen goal.... on 14:06 - Feb 4 with 2599 viewsBrianMcCarthy

He celebrated the second goal, the equaliser.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Login to get fewer ads

On that Clive Allen goal.... on 14:34 - Feb 4 with 2563 viewsMick_S

Who remembers his goal v Coventry (playing for Palace) that hit the stanchion and was disallowed?

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

On that Clive Allen goal.... on 14:39 - Feb 4 with 2551 viewsCroydonCaptJack

On that Clive Allen goal.... on 14:34 - Feb 4 by Mick_S

Who remembers his goal v Coventry (playing for Palace) that hit the stanchion and was disallowed?

Yes, that was clearly in.
Palace had another clear goal not given a few years later.

Shame eh
On that Clive Allen goal.... on 14:57 - Feb 4 with 2510 viewsCLAREMAN1995

I have a question that hopefully some poster can answer.At the top of the article there is a shot of Allen wearing the original Guinness shirt which I am still searching the globe for 40 years later .In the video the QPR crest appears to be in red unlike the picture .Is that from a different year or just for the away strip when we wore blue shorts . Thanks
On that Clive Allen goal.... on 17:04 - Feb 4 with 2366 viewsBoston

He was too dizzy to celebrate after the first.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

On that Clive Allen goal.... on 20:23 - Feb 4 with 2250 viewsDiscodroids

Beautiful.

Another classic and favourite of mine from Clive...

2 mins 50..

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

On that Clive Allen goal.... on 20:46 - Feb 4 with 2220 viewsCiderwithRsie

Orr, meanwhile, was transfixed just outside the area, engaging in a ferocious internal debate as to what day it was.

I love Rob Smyth's writing. (Brilliant on cricket too. Shame he's a Man U fan really.)
On that Clive Allen goal.... on 00:29 - Feb 5 with 2115 viewsLoftgirl

I do. I was sitting behind it in the school end. I think the loft end was being re-built.
On that Clive Allen goal.... on 13:07 - Feb 6 with 1921 viewsRs_Holy

what a player!... Love that picture of Clive sweeping the plastic pitch. Could you imagine Aguero or Mo Salah mucking in at their respective clubs???
On that Clive Allen goal.... on 16:44 - Feb 6 with 1788 viewsBenny_the_Ball

The goal against West Ham is one of my favourites. Clive Allen in his prime would score a hatful in the current side and we wouldn't have to worry about the defence!
On that Clive Allen goal.... on 19:50 - Feb 6 with 1739 viewsqueensparker

I vividly remember that West Ham goal as we’d just got our first ever Ferguson video player that weekend, and I managed to record it for my Dad and uncles off The Big Match while they were at the pub and show it to them when they turned up later. It was like witchcraft for all of us.

Amazing the things that stay with you
On that Clive Allen goal.... on 08:00 - Feb 7 with 1675 viewsWalnut

Yes it's amazing the things that stay with you, I've fairly vivid memories of this even though it's pushing 40 years ago. I was in the away end too and IIRC, it was the first time we'd gone over to UP & "filled" the away section with boisterous support. On my previous two visits (79/80 - Bobby Hazell OG and 80/81 midweek did Goddard score 3 for them?) the away end was sectioned off but our fans were spread around it rather than massed. Pre 79/80 I'm not even sure the away fans were sectioned off, anyone recall?
On that Clive Allen goal.... on 08:21 - Feb 7 with 1668 viewsLancashirehoop

I think that goal was the catalyst for stanchions being removed from goals.
Where was VAR when you needed it!

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean we're not all against you.

On that Clive Allen goal.... on 13:24 - Feb 8 with 1540 viewswelwynranger

Its just been on TV. Goals if the 80s.
ITV 4.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024