Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Charlton 15:26 - Jun 2 with 6042 viewskingo

Seems our first away opponents have a few problems. Three key players, including the impressive Lyle Taylor are refusing to play as their contracts are up.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

Charlton on 15:30 - Jun 2 with 4355 viewsLblock

And so the issues begin....

Charlton look nailed on to get relegated and I'm aware of their behind the scenes issues but.... can see them lodging a case for "forced to play outside of agreed season so considerably weaker due to losing player A, B, C etc"

Unusual for such washing to be done so publicly and reflects really badly on the players but I get these are very odd times.

Feel for Charlton and gutted we can't all be heading down there for a sun fuelled jamboree as it's an away game I enjoy

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Charlton on 17:01 - Jun 2 with 4240 viewsJuzzie

What happened if this was a year ago and Taylor's contract was up, would he be allowed to refuse to play the last 9 games just because he's worried he may get injured before the chance of a big £££££ transfer?

I know players have said lack of match fitness can lead to higher risk of injury but they have been paid during lockdown and surely refusing to play thereafter is a breach of contract?
Charlton on 17:04 - Jun 2 with 4228 viewsWestbourneR

Charlton on 17:01 - Jun 2 by Juzzie

What happened if this was a year ago and Taylor's contract was up, would he be allowed to refuse to play the last 9 games just because he's worried he may get injured before the chance of a big £££££ transfer?

I know players have said lack of match fitness can lead to higher risk of injury but they have been paid during lockdown and surely refusing to play thereafter is a breach of contract?

I'd love it if we made a proper move for Lyle Taylor.

Real striker, real class.

Free transfer and could score the goals for promotion.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Charlton on 17:04 - Jun 2 with 4228 viewsQPR_John

Not if his contract is up. Players are not contracted to play a certain number of games.
Charlton on 17:24 - Jun 2 with 4179 viewsJuzzie

Charlton on 17:04 - Jun 2 by QPR_John

Not if his contract is up. Players are not contracted to play a certain number of games.

Ah, right. So if there are games after June 30th (which there will be) and that's when his contract ends, I guess I see the point now.

He's not actually refusing to play then, he's just leaving the club and becoming a free agent?
Charlton on 17:29 - Jun 2 with 4126 views2Thomas2Bowles

Charlton on 17:04 - Jun 2 by WestbourneR

You want to sign a player that refuses to finish playing a season as he may get injured and miss a big move ...Up yours, I'm off.

That would go down well on here I'm sure.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Charlton on 17:33 - Jun 2 with 4142 viewsnadera78

Taylor owes Charlton nothing, beyond the end of June. Yes, he's been paid during lockdown (the club's side of the contract) but he's also been available for fixtures (his side of the contract). The games being postponed is neither here nor there in terms of the contract. Taylor remains contractually-bound to play any games held before his contract expires - i.e. the end of June. Whether Charlton want him to, given that it might only be 1 or 2 games, is another question.

When Covd-19 first struck everyone was saying "just extend the contracts" and I said on here that it wasn't that simple. The law's very clear that the club and player would have to agree to extend. A further point I made was that an out of contract player would be foolish to agree to an extension if he knew he would be leaving the club at the end of the season - whether by his choice or the club's. If he did agree to extend, played those games and got a serious injury he'd be left without a contract for the following season and no income, medical, etc.
Charlton on 17:35 - Jun 2 with 4138 viewsNorthernr

Charlton's a bit of a case as well given that successive boards have fcked them about. I'm not sure I'd be in a rush to put my body on the line for those owners.
Login to get fewer ads

Charlton on 18:03 - Jun 2 with 4061 viewsWestbourneR

Charlton on 17:29 - Jun 2 by 2Thomas2Bowles

You want to sign a player that refuses to finish playing a season as he may get injured and miss a big move ...Up yours, I'm off.

That would go down well on here I'm sure.

Yeah sorry let's get Ollie back and just sign not very good players who run around a lot. I know you'd like that.

Charlton on 18:13 - Jun 2 with 4026 viewsdaveB

Charlton on 18:03 - Jun 2 by WestbourneR

Yeah sorry let's get Ollie back and just sign not very good players who run around a lot. I know you'd like that.

yeah that Luke Freeman and Bright Samuel, run around a lot but not very good
Charlton on 18:15 - Jun 2 with 3988 views2Thomas2Bowles

Charlton on 18:03 - Jun 2 by WestbourneR

I've not said anything about changing the manager, stop smoking that shit.

But lets look at that

You mean Martk Hughes, and 'arry, who's players only turned up to pick up there pay cheques

Then we had that ex England manager

I think Ollie deserves a lot more respect than them 3

I thought we wanted to get away from players that just cared about themselves
[Post edited 2 Jun 2020 18:24]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Charlton on 18:34 - Jun 2 with 3953 viewsstevec

I see Taylor is 30! What was he doing the first 28 years?
Charlton on 21:06 - Jun 2 with 3771 viewsWestbourneR

Charlton on 18:13 - Jun 2 by daveB

yeah that Luke Freeman and Bright Samuel, run around a lot but not very good

One word. Penrice.

Charlton on 21:48 - Jun 2 with 3677 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Charlton on 18:34 - Jun 2 by stevec

I see Taylor is 30! What was he doing the first 28 years?

From Millwall to Charlton via Wimbledon - The Lyle Taylor Story

In all er good book stores.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Charlton on 10:05 - Jun 3 with 3452 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Charlton on 21:06 - Jun 2 by WestbourneR

One word. Penrice.

To be fair Westy, it was still Holloway that signed those players and also Holloway who brought Penrice in. Either way, he should get credit for both Freeman and BOS.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Charlton on 13:25 - Jun 3 with 3310 viewsrsonist

Charlton on 17:04 - Jun 2 by WestbourneR

The way Bowyer put it, sounds like his move is already provisionally agreed.
And "he's got a chance of earning life-changing money" rules us out.

(Though generally speaking in fairness I was shocked we could afford Barbet at the time, never mind bidding for McKenna).
Charlton on 13:35 - Jun 3 with 3288 viewstraininvain

Charlton on 13:25 - Jun 3 by rsonist

The way Bowyer put it, sounds like his move is already provisionally agreed.
And "he's got a chance of earning life-changing money" rules us out.

(Though generally speaking in fairness I was shocked we could afford Barbet at the time, never mind bidding for McKenna).

Plus he’s 30 years old so limited resale value. Our transfer strategy is generally sign younger players to improve and eventually sell on for big money.

As much as I rate Taylor, I don’t think he’s right for us.
Charlton on 13:50 - Jun 3 with 3240 viewsgobbles

Charlton on 17:04 - Jun 2 by QPR_John

Isn't his contract up on June 30? If the league restarts on June 20, how does he get out of the first two games?
Charlton on 13:55 - Jun 3 with 3228 viewsenfieldargh

According to radio Bournemouth and Brentford are after him.

Grant Hall was interviewed on talk sport this morning on the same matter. He said he's in the same position and really needs to consider his options. He did say that Les, Hoos & Maclaren were extremely supportive of him when he was out so acknowledges the clubs efforts however he's got a new born baby and probably 3-4 years playing left in him.

I think he's come good although not sure the club would offer him more than another year

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Charlton on 14:01 - Jun 3 with 3204 viewsAntti_Heinola

Charlton on 10:05 - Jun 3 by BrianMcCarthy

To be fair Westy, it was still Holloway that signed those players and also Holloway who brought Penrice in. Either way, he should get credit for both Freeman and BOS.

Mel Johnson spotted Bright - Penrice backed him up. Ollie had to be convinced.
If we sign a good winger, generally Mel spotted him. Loves a winger.

Bare bones.

Charlton on 14:05 - Jun 3 with 3189 viewsenfieldargh

Charlton on 14:01 - Jun 3 by Antti_Heinola

Mel Johnson spotted Bright - Penrice backed him up. Ollie had to be convinced.
If we sign a good winger, generally Mel spotted him. Loves a winger.

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Charlton on 16:07 - Jun 3 with 3085 viewsTacticalR

I always get a bit nervous with these 'oppo in crisis' situations.

Air hostess clique

Charlton on 16:18 - Jun 3 with 3058 viewskingo

Charlton on 13:55 - Jun 3 by enfieldargh

Grant Hall was interviewed on talk sport this morning on the same matter. He said he's in the same position and really needs to consider his options. He did say that Les, Hoos & Maclaren were extremely supportive of him when he was out so acknowledges the clubs efforts however he's got a new born baby and probably 3-4 years playing left in him.

I think he's come good although not sure the club would offer him more than another year

Boro were very interested in him too.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

Charlton on 17:01 - Jun 3 with 3016 viewsOakR

Charlton on 13:50 - Jun 3 by gobbles

Isn't his contract up on June 30? If the league restarts on June 20, how does he get out of the first two games?

I think he said, via Bowyer, that he wanted to play but would be concerned about getting injured so might not play at 100% or something along those lines.

I suspect a lot of out of contract players are like that, they just don't say it. I think Bowyer decided not to play him on that basis.

You can read ti as him being honest or selfish, or both.

Poll: Will we stay up?

Charlton on 20:49 - Jun 3 with 2927 viewsNorthernr

Charlton on 13:55 - Jun 3 by enfieldargh

Brentford were after him last summer as well but it's not a very Brentford signing is it? Free transfer so will be on biiiiiiiiiiig wages, probably a three or four year deal, and at the end of it he's 34 and not worth anything. Can't really remember them doing that at all recently. How old's Jansson? Answer my own question, hmmmmm, 29.

Maybe.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024