Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match coverage tonight 20:52 - Jul 8 with 2308 viewslosethedrum

I found that almost unwatchable .
Showing replays whilst the game is in progress , at one point 45th min the Wigan forward broke through on goal & they cut to the 4th official .
Then there is the obsession with showing the managers or subs warming up , the best thing about being there is you can watch what is going on in the game , precious little of that in this coverage !
Match coverage tonight on 20:56 - Jul 8 with 2284 viewsaston_hoop

Yeah found that odd and annoying tonight, one point in the game the commentator was going on about Chair having a great chance in the box and I was busy watching a replay of some Wigan player commiting a foul. It was like the person in charge had never watched a game of football in their life

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Match coverage tonight on 20:59 - Jul 8 with 2252 viewsVancouverHoop

I guess it was Wigan's feed. Each club is responsible for their own I think. We're pretty lucky with our home broadcasts, clearly other fans aren't.
Match coverage tonight on 21:05 - Jul 8 with 2221 viewsslmrstid

Yeah the length of the replays and missing out actual live action was frustrating. It all felt automated to me rather than being managed by an actual person.
Match coverage tonight on 21:11 - Jul 8 with 2197 viewsA40Bosh

Noticed that too
Must have been a different producer as it was awful like our performance

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Match coverage tonight on 21:19 - Jul 8 with 2165 viewsNorthLondonR

I must admit that I've only been watching since Barnsley but the amount of mistakes London makes with name is starting to annoy me... it's almost every ball forward or back he claims so and so intercepts or ball up to.. but always gets it horrifically wrong.. not once or twice but all game long... literally all game long.
Match coverage tonight on 21:29 - Jul 8 with 2116 viewsStanisgod

Match coverage tonight on 21:19 - Jul 8 by NorthLondonR

I must admit that I've only been watching since Barnsley but the amount of mistakes London makes with name is starting to annoy me... it's almost every ball forward or back he claims so and so intercepts or ball up to.. but always gets it horrifically wrong.. not once or twice but all game long... literally all game long.

Except when he says Cameron dispossessed, which is generally spot on.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Match coverage tonight on 12:57 - Jul 9 with 1819 viewsfrancisbowles

To be fair though, from distance it is really hard to tell some of them apart, especially in 'Tiffany Blu'
I am constantly having to correct myself. I even got Hugill and BOS mixed up one game as the latter seemed to be in the position that I expected the former to be in. Sometimes, I have to use the boot colour but they constantly change these as well.
Match coverage tonight on 12:59 - Jul 9 with 1809 viewsBrianMcCarthy

London and Sinton don't have a TV monitor either, so all with the naked eye and no replays from up in the clouds whereas we have zoom-ins and replays.

And they do all that while trying to speak coherently for ninety minutes each and every game. I don't manage ninety minutes a season!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Login to get fewer ads

Match coverage tonight on 13:08 - Jul 9 with 1781 viewsNorthernr

Match coverage tonight on 12:59 - Jul 9 by BrianMcCarthy

London and Sinton don't have a TV monitor either, so all with the naked eye and no replays from up in the clouds whereas we have zoom-ins and replays.

And they do all that while trying to speak coherently for ninety minutes each and every game. I don't manage ninety minutes a season!

This. And they do a great job. Sinton has been on top form last couple of games.

The camera work was weird last night though. Long lingering replays of nothing very much and close ups on players while play is going on - I'd watch the spanish football if I wanted that sht.
Match coverage tonight on 13:14 - Jul 9 with 1766 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Match coverage tonight on 13:08 - Jul 9 by Northernr

This. And they do a great job. Sinton has been on top form last couple of games.

The camera work was weird last night though. Long lingering replays of nothing very much and close ups on players while play is going on - I'd watch the spanish football if I wanted that sht.

The camera work last night was bizarre.

Match coverage tonight on 13:43 - Jul 9 with 1705 viewsTacticalR

We could have done with a replay of the handball incident. Maybe they wanted to sweep that one under the carpet.

Air hostess clique

Match coverage tonight on 13:44 - Jul 9 with 1700 viewsAntti_Heinola

Match coverage tonight on 13:08 - Jul 9 by Northernr

Yeah the Spanish players are much hotter.

Oh, that's not what you meant. Ahem.

Yeah, felt like a very inexperienced director last night, but Nick and Andy do a fantastic job - also worth noting that they're commentating for radio and TV - two very different disciplines, so they have to lean towards radio and talk all the time, whereas with TV you can allow things to be self explanatory more often.

Bare bones.

Match coverage tonight on 14:00 - Jul 9 with 1656 viewsenfieldargh

Sorry disagree.

He & Sinton do a fantastic job.

Watch other commentators make mistakes all the time with players names.

How many times have you had to ask who scored a goal and who created the chance.

Its not easy. Turn off the sound and record yourself doing a commentary. He has no monitor so has his eyeshot to process.

Think you are setting very high standards. Maybe we should be John Motson and his ill-fitting dentures to commentate.

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Match coverage tonight on 14:09 - Jul 9 with 1632 viewsA40Bosh

Match coverage tonight on 13:44 - Jul 9 by Antti_Heinola

Yeah the Spanish players are much hotter.

Oh, that's not what you meant. Ahem.

Yeah, felt like a very inexperienced director last night, but Nick and Andy do a fantastic job - also worth noting that they're commentating for radio and TV - two very different disciplines, so they have to lean towards radio and talk all the time, whereas with TV you can allow things to be self explanatory more often.

When people come on and criticise Nick London they should sit in front of a live game one day with the commentary switched off and then record themselves doing it - to see just how good a job they can do and keep it going for 90 mins. You can tell that NL spends a lot of time doing prep work before matches - so it boils my piss when someone on here a couple of months back comes on a thread slating NL for "trying to pretend he knows about the opposition players" (or something along those lines). Just a stupid insult for the sake of it.

Since I bought the annual QPR+ audio pass a couple of years back I have relied on listening to all away games and those home games I have not been able to get to and there is nothing better than (now rare since the restart) hearing Sinton and NL yelling down the mike when we score.

Long may they continue

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Match coverage tonight on 15:25 - Jul 9 with 1528 viewsextratimeR

I think London and Andy Swinton are excellent, both on the TV/ laptop coverage and radio, what was awful last night was the production/camera directing, it's obviously Ref Button Sky, can only assume production is with chap with bag over his head from newly opened pub next to Sky headquarters in Isleworth, I imagine very frustrating for Nick and Andy trying to commentator a game that the cameraman is obviously not watching!
Match coverage tonight on 15:39 - Jul 9 with 1503 viewsextratimeR

Apologies for spelling, ( moves wine bottle and glass slightly to right of keyboard)
Match coverage tonight on 16:50 - Jul 9 with 1417 viewsPinnerPaul

Match coverage tonight on 14:09 - Jul 9 by A40Bosh

When people come on and criticise Nick London they should sit in front of a live game one day with the commentary switched off and then record themselves doing it - to see just how good a job they can do and keep it going for 90 mins. You can tell that NL spends a lot of time doing prep work before matches - so it boils my piss when someone on here a couple of months back comes on a thread slating NL for "trying to pretend he knows about the opposition players" (or something along those lines). Just a stupid insult for the sake of it.

Since I bought the annual QPR+ audio pass a couple of years back I have relied on listening to all away games and those home games I have not been able to get to and there is nothing better than (now rare since the restart) hearing Sinton and NL yelling down the mike when we score.

Long may they continue

Done the Nick London bit, but have to say he does well for a live commentary.

MOTD record 'wild tracks' and 'spoof' comms all the time to make commentators seem incredibly clever.

Worst example is Jonathan '1,000 stats' Pearce, some of his stuff is so obviously recorded after the match its laughable
Match coverage tonight on 17:36 - Jul 9 with 1377 viewsBrianMcCarthy

RTE in Ireland pull another famous trick - they delay the pictures slightly so everyone is impressed by the commentator's speed.

"That George Hamilton - he's fierce quick. Does fierce research altogether".
[Post edited 9 Jul 2020 17:46]

Match coverage tonight on 20:08 - Jul 9 with 1298 viewsNorthLondonR

Oh wow.. I stand corrected and I'll take that advice, thanks. From someone who has only just started watching, that's my observation and also Sinton seems always to be correcting him. I do get that you're watching from a direct, live feed but I also find myself boring my missus with corrections.
Match coverage tonight on 19:04 - Jul 10 with 1184 viewsAddinall

I've heard somewhere that the club takes the feed from the EFL. If so the pictures can not be laid at Wigan's door but with a very poor EFL director. Agree with you about this game. One of the worst for a long time with the camera coverage.
Match coverage tonight on 19:09 - Jul 10 with 1171 viewsNorthernr

QPR used to film it themselves, employ a production company to do it, four cameras and screens for Nick and Andy to watch back and see replays.
The EFL saw how good it was and decided to do four cameras themselves, to sell the footage out to TV broadcasters for highlights etc. They also now offer to sell it back to the clubs dfor £800ish a game, which is cheaper than what QPR were doing. It saves the club about £100k a year. However, like everything else, the EFL are fcking useless at it. You get shambolic footage like we had during the week, and for the away games Nick and Andy are frequently working without a monitor - at Nottm Forest they were basically sat in the main stand with all the locals. So when Sinton is trying to pass a comment on a replay in an away game he's not actually seeing it, he's just hazarding a guest that the EFL might have rolled in a replay at this point, and what it might be showing.

Incredibly difficult.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Match coverage tonight on 10:33 - Jul 12 with 1008 viewsfrancisbowles

Match coverage tonight on 19:09 - Jul 10 by Northernr

QPR used to film it themselves, employ a production company to do it, four cameras and screens for Nick and Andy to watch back and see replays.
The EFL saw how good it was and decided to do four cameras themselves, to sell the footage out to TV broadcasters for highlights etc. They also now offer to sell it back to the clubs dfor £800ish a game, which is cheaper than what QPR were doing. It saves the club about £100k a year. However, like everything else, the EFL are fcking useless at it. You get shambolic footage like we had during the week, and for the away games Nick and Andy are frequently working without a monitor - at Nottm Forest they were basically sat in the main stand with all the locals. So when Sinton is trying to pass a comment on a replay in an away game he's not actually seeing it, he's just hazarding a guest that the EFL might have rolled in a replay at this point, and what it might be showing.

Incredibly difficult.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Cameras almost as bad again yesterday.
Match coverage tonight on 11:03 - Jul 12 with 966 viewsstevec

Match coverage tonight on 10:33 - Jul 12 by francisbowles

Cameras almost as bad again yesterday.

Sounds like I got off lightly asking for the money back and not watching any of the games.
Match coverage tonight on 11:37 - Jul 12 with 914 viewsStanisgod

Match coverage tonight on 11:03 - Jul 12 by stevec

Sounds like I got off lightly asking for the money back and not watching any of the games.

You did.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024