Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hats ya lot . Match thread. 12:44 - Jul 13 with 24873 viewsconnell10

Started nice and early to avoid the rush . 2-0 Luton. No show from Rangers again I think

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Hats ya lot . Match thread. on 19:37 - Jul 13 with 1718 viewsBoston

Hats ya lot . Match thread. on 16:54 - Jul 13 by connell10

Who is the manager Johnny Morris?

Dunno, but it sounds like a bloody circus.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Hats ya lot . Match thread. on 20:17 - Jul 13 with 1650 viewsHayesender

A few of us met up in the Askew on Saturday for a few drinks. Anyway, someone said Sheffield wednesday are one up. "Who they playing" was my reply.

I'd lost so much interest in the whole thing, I completely forgot we were playing a short walk away

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Hats ya lot . Match thread. on 04:37 - Jul 14 with 1535 viewsHooparoo

Hats ya lot . Match thread. on 13:11 - Jul 13 by BrianMcCarthy

I'm helping out a friend who's managing a Gaelic Football team at the moment, just doing some coaching sessions. They got hammered last week. They were missing a few players but tactics, concentration, execution and work-rate were all somewhat off. Yesterday they played again, missing players again but played with intensity and belief, organised themselves and were rewarded with a really fine display and a win.

I don't believe in omens, but maybe now's the time to start?

I love the Irish. You’re always so optimistic 😃
I’ve got a good mate here who’s from Cork and he always has a smile no matter what. I just get grumpier as I get older 🙄

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Hats ya lot . Match thread. on 05:15 - Jul 14 with 1530 viewsRs_Holy

What’s the point? Lootown 2 QPR 0
Hats ya lot . Match thread. on 07:08 - Jul 14 with 1487 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Can’t watch tonight after all. Have to do some GAA stuff.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Hats ya lot . Match thread. on 07:36 - Jul 14 with 1467 viewsconnell10

Hats ya lot . Match thread. on 07:08 - Jul 14 by BrianMcCarthy

Can’t watch tonight after all. Have to do some GAA stuff.

You lucky so and so.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Hats ya lot . Match thread. on 08:13 - Jul 14 with 1439 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Hats ya lot . Match thread. on 07:36 - Jul 14 by connell10

You lucky so and so.

I'm actually disappointed. We may not be playing great but we are playing. I'll miss this during the off-season.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Hats ya lot . Match thread. on 08:17 - Jul 14 with 1439 viewsDorse

If the chimps can't tackle, they could at least pelt the opposition with their faeces. Which, bearing in mind that we're playing Luton, might be appropriate.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Login to get fewer ads

Hats ya lot . Match thread. on 10:14 - Jul 14 with 1370 viewsstevec

Not long now.
Hats ya lot . Match thread. on 10:20 - Jul 14 with 1353 viewsMick_S

I saw mummy chimp get very annoyed with cheeky baby chimp when we were last at London Zoo. After one warning, which naughty chimp ignored, mum bounded across the enclosure, picked baby chimp up by the neck, took baby back to her seat where she put the little one across her knee and slapped it's backside.

Dad chimp looked on picking his nits.

True story which I will tell my grandchildren.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Hats ya lot . Match thread. on 10:25 - Jul 14 with 1337 viewsTacticalR

Hats ya lot . Match thread. on 10:20 - Jul 14 by Mick_S

I saw mummy chimp get very annoyed with cheeky baby chimp when we were last at London Zoo. After one warning, which naughty chimp ignored, mum bounded across the enclosure, picked baby chimp up by the neck, took baby back to her seat where she put the little one across her knee and slapped it's backside.

Dad chimp looked on picking his nits.

True story which I will tell my grandchildren.

That's our tactics sorted.

Air hostess clique

Hats ya lot . Match thread. on 11:22 - Jul 14 with 1277 viewsactonman

Well if the response is anything like the response to the showing at Wigan then it’s going to be a long night . They need to win , we only need to stop them winning , tactics should play an important role tonight so warby needs to earn his corn !
Go out and concede some sloppy half arsed goal in the first 10 mins again and I will concede their is no hope for this team or club anymore

That said I can’t wait to settle down with a few beers later and watch the game as I am used to blind optimistic hope
Hats ya lot . Match thread. on 11:26 - Jul 14 with 1267 viewsHooparoo

Hats ya lot . Match thread. on 11:22 - Jul 14 by actonman

Well if the response is anything like the response to the showing at Wigan then it’s going to be a long night . They need to win , we only need to stop them winning , tactics should play an important role tonight so warby needs to earn his corn !
Go out and concede some sloppy half arsed goal in the first 10 mins again and I will concede their is no hope for this team or club anymore

That said I can’t wait to settle down with a few beers later and watch the game as I am used to blind optimistic hope

I admire your optimism. Personally, I think we’ll get another rogering. 😳
[Post edited 14 Jul 2020 12:26]

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Hats ya lot . Match thread. on 11:45 - Jul 14 with 1231 viewsactonman

Feels a bit like last season when we lost 2 or 3 on the bounce then got bummed by West Brom 7-1 and then we played someone like Bristol city or Sheffield Utd expecting the players to come out and put a bit of pride back after getting embarrassed

Lost 3 - 0 at home on a Tuesday night without a wimper!!
Hats ya lot . Match thread. on 13:01 - Jul 14 with 1158 viewsR_from_afar

Frankly, I am nervous as hell about the game. We are not safe! We still need a point but how we get that, I have no idea. Most of the players seem to have given up. It seems to be Kakay and Lumley and nine passengers.

There was one recent Serie A season in which one side - I tried to find out who but failed - hovered above the drop zone for the whole season bar the very last game, when results conspired to dump them into the quicksand and down they went.

I really can see us doing that, it would be such a Rangers thing to do.

QPR players, please please please get us just one more point

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Hats ya lot . Match thread. on 13:53 - Jul 14 with 1106 viewsHarbour

A surprising but disappointing 1-1 draw for all concerned...this time next week it will nearly be over
Hats ya lot . Match thread. on 15:28 - Jul 14 with 1048 viewsPinnerPaul

Hats ya lot . Match thread. on 13:53 - Jul 14 by Harbour

A surprising but disappointing 1-1 draw for all concerned...this time next week it will nearly be over

Not sure how you can view a real life actual draw - be still my beating heart - as 'disappointing' the way we are playing????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hats ya lot . Match thread. on 15:28 - Jul 14 with 1047 viewsPinnerPaul

Hats ya lot . Match thread. on 15:28 - Jul 14 by PinnerPaul

Not sure how you can view a real life actual draw - be still my beating heart - as 'disappointing' the way we are playing????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway 2-0 Luton I reckon.
Hats ya lot . Match thread. on 15:47 - Jul 14 with 1029 viewsbosh67

Luton will really come after us from the off. If we are as bad as we have been we will be 2 down and out in the first half an hour. They will see this as a real chance to get 3 easy points and at the moment you wouldn't back against it.

I have a lot of faith longterm in Warburton but flagging faith in the squad. Key players gone, loan players looking at next season and it really does feel like Manning, Eze and BOS have all been told by their agents not to go near the ball. I don't think it has been an easy few months for Warburton and his back room staff. I also feel the squad mood has been low since Hall and Pugh left. I also think we are now seeing the value Leistner had in the dressing room. He was a big character apparently.

One of the real problems is not having any natural strikers without Hugill. Oteh has scored 4 goals in 39 professional games over 3 years. Sure he is only 21 but even Conor Washington would laugh at those stats. And he is our one striker now available and yet he seems slightly less affective than a traffic cone. This style of play ultimately fails without natural finishers and we don't have any. Eze is clinical from the spot but he's not a finisher from midfield in the same way that Adel was.

Our priorities have to be to jettison all the current loan players as I can't see Hugill returning next season for financial reasons (much as I think he really suits us). We need another centre back, another left back, another out and out winger and at least 2 half proven strikers, perhaps 3 (although maybe the third striker next season could be Alfa, who at least looks like a striker). That's at least five players in before the next season and Amos, Clarke and Hugill all returning to their parent clubs. That's a lot of players to find to stand up in this division next season at all.

As for tonight. We have been told it will be an angry response. I can only see that as it stands from the fans after Luton put 4 past us. I would really like to see the players prove to the fans that they actually care. A draw would show some real spirit.
[Post edited 14 Jul 2020 15:48]

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Hats ya lot . Match thread. on 16:16 - Jul 14 with 995 viewsNorthernr

Wigan and Luton double, close to 4/1

This post has been edited by an administrator
Hats ya lot . Match thread. on 16:16 - Jul 14 with 991 viewsisawqpratwcity

We're so certain to lose that I'm going for another Middlesbrough result: a 0-1 win (no Hugill so Eze to score, yeah, how unlikely is that recently?).

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Hats ya lot . Match thread. on 16:26 - Jul 14 with 969 viewsrrrspricey

Think i may have to roll myself a fat one this evening.

As many of you will know, Mrs P is a Lootown fan so it's gonna be a tense one in the Price household tonight. We have our respective shirts on waiting for kick-off and just about to have a large VaT to settle the nerves.

COYRs, send the didicois back where they belong.
Hats ya lot . Match thread. on 16:36 - Jul 14 with 949 viewsdanehoop

Us to win 2-1 following a bizarre own goal incident involving a pigeon. Nailed on.

Nurse! I was starting to feel a dose of irrational optimism, quickly please top up my meds so it can all fade back to dark grey clouds again.

Never knowingly understood

Hats ya lot . Match thread. on 16:44 - Jul 14 with 933 viewsWokingham_r

Us to win 2-1, based on the theory that a sh!t run will eventually and unexpectedly come to an end.
(It's the hope that makes you look stupid)
Hats ya lot . Match thread. on 17:07 - Jul 14 with 897 viewsfrancisbowles

Hats ya lot . Match thread. on 15:47 - Jul 14 by bosh67

Luton will really come after us from the off. If we are as bad as we have been we will be 2 down and out in the first half an hour. They will see this as a real chance to get 3 easy points and at the moment you wouldn't back against it.

I have a lot of faith longterm in Warburton but flagging faith in the squad. Key players gone, loan players looking at next season and it really does feel like Manning, Eze and BOS have all been told by their agents not to go near the ball. I don't think it has been an easy few months for Warburton and his back room staff. I also feel the squad mood has been low since Hall and Pugh left. I also think we are now seeing the value Leistner had in the dressing room. He was a big character apparently.

One of the real problems is not having any natural strikers without Hugill. Oteh has scored 4 goals in 39 professional games over 3 years. Sure he is only 21 but even Conor Washington would laugh at those stats. And he is our one striker now available and yet he seems slightly less affective than a traffic cone. This style of play ultimately fails without natural finishers and we don't have any. Eze is clinical from the spot but he's not a finisher from midfield in the same way that Adel was.

Our priorities have to be to jettison all the current loan players as I can't see Hugill returning next season for financial reasons (much as I think he really suits us). We need another centre back, another left back, another out and out winger and at least 2 half proven strikers, perhaps 3 (although maybe the third striker next season could be Alfa, who at least looks like a striker). That's at least five players in before the next season and Amos, Clarke and Hugill all returning to their parent clubs. That's a lot of players to find to stand up in this division next season at all.

As for tonight. We have been told it will be an angry response. I can only see that as it stands from the fans after Luton put 4 past us. I would really like to see the players prove to the fans that they actually care. A draw would show some real spirit.
[Post edited 14 Jul 2020 15:48]

I don't think we should write off Oteh just yet. He has only played about 5 full first team games. He has started 20 times and has 6 league and 2 FA cup goals. The vast majority of those you mention he was either a sub or subbed.

He may not be a natural target type striker as he isn't that tall. May be more suited as a second striker, no10 type. Might get a run if Eze moves on.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024