Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Other clubs transfers - summer thread 15:07 - Jul 20 with 95060 viewsNorthernr

Sheff Utd in for Jon Swift at Reading at a bargain £3.5m.
Looks like a buyers' market...
Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 23:16 - Jul 30 with 3383 viewsrsonist

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 22:50 - Jul 30 by Match82

Tough to tell when there's actually been an offer. Have we even made an offer for Moore? Or is it just "sky sports understands" i.e. Wigan, or his agent, have thrown a name out there to try and draw out interest

Yes, we have. Follow which reporters with track records are saying what.

The hold ups are the players taking their time to decide where they'd like to go. Or waiting or better offers.

"Back in the day" you probably would have heard the news further down the line. It's not that we or any other club are being less prompt about sending faxes over than they were in the 80s.
Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 23:28 - Jul 30 with 3348 viewsenfieldargh

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 16:37 - Jul 30 by Myke

What pees me off about transfers, especially QPR inward transfers is that they take like FOREVER to get over the line. Take Moore for example, it's nearly 2 weeks since our bid was 'accepted'. Back in the day, once that happened, the lad would have a medical, agree personal terms and transfer would be announced. Same with BOS outgoing - it's just nonsense. Going even further back in the day (80's) a fan wouldn't hear about a deal until it was completed. I know a huge amount of speculation is just that, unsubstantiated speculation, but if a fee has been accepted - what's the hold up? The only swift transfer that took me completely by surprise recently was Furlong to WBA (not including 'unknowns' like Thomas) The rest of our ins and outs and with other clubs too, goes on and on and...

THere wasnt anything really

The only bit of transfer gossip was mostly in the Sunday People, only reason I ever bought that Sunday paper and also to see the results and move the teams up and down on my shoot league ladder table.

QPR's match report was often 25 words hidden somewhere near the back.

Mid 70's though was different as we often headlined the back page.

As for ceefax why was it I always tuned in just as the qpr page ended meaning a ten minute wait for it to come back on

We then moved onto 0898121162

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 07:29 - Jul 31 with 3179 viewsNorthernr

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 22:26 - Jul 30 by rsonist

Millwall set to announce Troy Parrott season loan from Spurs.

"There is interest in the teenager from elsewhere in the Championship, but Spurs want him to remain in the capital" according to the Standard.

Guess we have other plans.

I'm blaming you for all your mockery of "big ambitious Millwall" after we beat them last week. Two signings we'd kill for so far and a spanner thrown into our bid for Moore which QPR thought they had in the bag a week and a half ago.
Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 07:56 - Jul 31 with 3129 viewsstevec

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 23:28 - Jul 30 by enfieldargh

The only bit of transfer gossip was mostly in the Sunday People, only reason I ever bought that Sunday paper and also to see the results and move the teams up and down on my shoot league ladder table.

As for ceefax why was it I always tuned in just as the qpr page ended meaning a ten minute wait for it to come back on

Ahhh, Shoot League Ladder Table,
a work of art.

Do they still do them these days, kids are really missing out.
Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 08:50 - Jul 31 with 3037 viewsdannyblue

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 07:29 - Jul 31 by Northernr

I'm blaming you for all your mockery of "big ambitious Millwall" after we beat them last week. Two signings we'd kill for so far and a spanner thrown into our bid for Moore which QPR thought they had in the bag a week and a half ago.

Yes frustrating. Does feel like we’ve missed a trick on woods and parrot. Surprised Millwall are a more attractive destination.
Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 09:06 - Jul 31 with 3002 viewsrsonist

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 07:29 - Jul 31 by Northernr

One of these days someone's going to notice you making fun of bedwetters while at the same time gently cupping their balls and aiming it for them :)

Mill, wall, are just, like, a club, man. They are not paragons of enterprising progressive institutional desire we need to look up to. Them and Rowett have just really hit it off together is all. Good for them. There's nothing deeper to read into it!

I'd have signed Woods and Parrott too in my infinite amateur wisdom but for reasons tbd we've clearly made a conscious decision not to pursue them. It's not like they've caught us on the hop or pushed the boat out financially. Maybe the management will indeed be absolutely wrong for it in the end but us on here are as wrong on things at least as much as they are, every single summer. (Ipswich Town League One Allstars anyone?)

Also I don't get how the Moore bid is slowly being spun as Yet Another big flop for the club. Player in demand at cut price, we made our offer, obviously other clubs would and did, the player's seeing what's what. Completely normal. Feel frustrated if you really insist but leave it there.
Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 09:25 - Jul 31 with 2947 viewsrsonist

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 08:50 - Jul 31 by dannyblue

Yes frustrating. Does feel like we’ve missed a trick on woods and parrot. Surprised Millwall are a more attractive destination.

Is it that surprising? If you're a big rough and ready lump who runs hard you can go to a club who base their whole existence around that or the mildly riskier proposition of a club who are maybe shifting their game slightly. If you're George Thomas or another young wing/10 then we're the no brainer.

Thing is, both of those perceptions would be misguided. Moore could probably be a great fit for us, and a technical player like Jayson Mulumby had a great time on loan at Wall. But you've got a career to think about.

Playing devil's advocate I could imagine with so much media focus on Eze maybe players are hesitant to climb aboard the ship without him on it. We're firmly on the path but don't yet have that robust conveyor belt track record players want to entrust their futures to - being seen as more than a leap of faith only comes with time.
Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 09:27 - Jul 31 with 2938 viewsNorthernr

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 09:06 - Jul 31 by rsonist

One of these days someone's going to notice you making fun of bedwetters while at the same time gently cupping their balls and aiming it for them :)

Mill, wall, are just, like, a club, man. They are not paragons of enterprising progressive institutional desire we need to look up to. Them and Rowett have just really hit it off together is all. Good for them. There's nothing deeper to read into it!

I'd have signed Woods and Parrott too in my infinite amateur wisdom but for reasons tbd we've clearly made a conscious decision not to pursue them. It's not like they've caught us on the hop or pushed the boat out financially. Maybe the management will indeed be absolutely wrong for it in the end but us on here are as wrong on things at least as much as they are, every single summer. (Ipswich Town League One Allstars anyone?)

Also I don't get how the Moore bid is slowly being spun as Yet Another big flop for the club. Player in demand at cut price, we made our offer, obviously other clubs would and did, the player's seeing what's what. Completely normal. Feel frustrated if you really insist but leave it there.

I take the pis out of everybody, I'm very equal opportunities.
Login to get fewer ads

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 09:29 - Jul 31 with 2924 views2Thomas2Bowles

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 23:28 - Jul 30 by enfieldargh

Go back another 10 years and you had to wait for the London News to reveal a new signing or someone had left.

They were pretty good at getting results out and a short match report by 6 pm.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 10:10 - Jul 31 with 2855 viewsDannyPaddox

The modern phenomena of ongoing transfer sagas is not so much that negotiations are more drawn out but the need to feed 24/7 news with pointless content. As in news news news and football football football. Round the clock sports channels and social media needing something to create the illusion of being there on the spot for the constant breaking news much like being kept up to date on the sound of constant breaking wind. ”Jim any new movement since I last spoke to you 45 seconds ago?” “The rumbling continues Geoff but still too early to tell if it’s fart or shart” Saying that I love the absurdity of transfer deadline day.
Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 14:22 - Jul 31 with 2706 viewsNewBee

Transfer Deadline Day only exists to give Jim White something to do.

For let's face it, he's completely fe ckin useless for anything else.
Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 15:24 - Jul 31 with 2610 viewsrsonist

Hall off to Boro it seems. Probably won't affect them chasing Goode.
Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 17:43 - Jul 31 with 2396 viewsdistortR

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 08:50 - Jul 31 by dannyblue

I'd imagine we'd want a bit more experience in any strikers we loan in.
Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 17:57 - Jul 31 with 2360 viewsbosh67

Looks like Moore will be going to Cardiff.

Looks like we could be in with a chance of starting the new season with Jude up front. He's got quick feet for a big cat.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 09:52 - Aug 2 with 2094 viewsLblock

Millwall signed Troy Parrot on a season long loan I see

Got to admire their ambition

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 10:22 - Aug 2 with 2018 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 09:52 - Aug 2 by Lblock

Form good this morning, LB?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 11:06 - Aug 2 with 1934 viewsHooparoo

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 17:57 - Jul 31 by bosh67

Looks like Moore will be going to Cardiff.

Looks like we could be in with a chance of starting the new season with Jude up front. He's got quick feet for a big cat.

Cats make better goalkeepers 🐯

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 11:08 - Aug 2 with 1927 viewsGloucs_R

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 09:25 - Jul 31 by rsonist

Is it that surprising? If you're a big rough and ready lump who runs hard you can go to a club who base their whole existence around that or the mildly riskier proposition of a club who are maybe shifting their game slightly. If you're George Thomas or another young wing/10 then we're the no brainer.

Thing is, both of those perceptions would be misguided. Moore could probably be a great fit for us, and a technical player like Jayson Mulumby had a great time on loan at Wall. But you've got a career to think about.

Playing devil's advocate I could imagine with so much media focus on Eze maybe players are hesitant to climb aboard the ship without him on it. We're firmly on the path but don't yet have that robust conveyor belt track record players want to entrust their futures to - being seen as more than a leap of faith only comes with time.

Agree with the last paragraph especially.

We finished 13th.
We are about to sell our 3 best players (arguably)
We're now known for being quite frugal.

I could see why a League 1 player would come to us if there was no other interest for him. But how many top half championship players (who are playing regularly) would look at us and fancy a piece of it at this moment in time?

We are at where Brentford was 4+ 5 years ago.

I wonder if Spurs chose to send Parrott to Wall rather than to us because of us not playing Clark?

This season has to be about getting into the top 10.

Poll: Warburton, What's next?

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 11:10 - Aug 2 with 1917 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 11:08 - Aug 2 by Gloucs_R

We finished 13th.

I could see why a League 1 player would come to us if there was no other interest for him. But how many top half championship players (who are playing regularly) would look at us and fancy a piece of it at this moment in time?

I wonder if Spurs chose to send Parrott to Wall rather than to us because of us not playing Clark?

"I wonder if Spurs chose to send Parrott to Wall rather than to us because of us not playing Clark?"

Were we in for Parrott, Gloucs?

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 11:48 - Aug 2 with 1812 viewsGloucs_R

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 11:10 - Aug 2 by BrianMcCarthy

"I wonder if Spurs chose to send Parrott to Wall rather than to us because of us not playing Clark?"

Were we in for Parrott, Gloucs?

I read a few articles last year to say we were...

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11711/11919912/qpr-turn-to-tottenhams-tr

So assumed we'd be looking again.

Poll: Warburton, What's next?

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 12:00 - Aug 2 with 1785 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 11:48 - Aug 2 by Gloucs_R

I read a few articles last year to say we were...

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11711/11919912/qpr-turn-to-tottenhams-tr

So assumed we'd be looking again.

Sound, thanks. I missed that.

I haven't seen much of him. I know he's a highly rated prospect, so it'll be interesting to see if he's ready for our division.

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 12:10 - Aug 2 with 1758 viewsRangersw12

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 09:52 - Aug 2 by Lblock

A 17 year old who has never played in the Championship or ever scored a professional goal

If we had signed him you would of already wet the bed saying were relying on other teams kids and need experience bla bla
Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 12:13 - Aug 2 with 1744 viewsswitchingcode

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 11:08 - Aug 2 by Gloucs_R

We finished 13th.

Yes when we had Warburton in charge who used the loan system very well.
Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 13:36 - Aug 2 with 1546 viewsLblock

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 12:10 - Aug 2 by Rangersw12

A 17 year old who has never played in the Championship or ever scored a professional goal

If we had signed him you would of already wet the bed saying were relying on other teams kids and need experience bla bla

Only my wife can second guess me (apart from fearing the drop from February onwards) but thanks for having a go.

Sarcasm does get lost over a written forum

However, I’m reliably informed that I judge our ambition alongside the aspirations and achievements of Millwall. Hence my tongue in cheek post.
That aside I think Troy is a good prospect and would’ve welcomed him here.

At the moment we have Oteh (who I wish all the best) and a load of BS that we’d bid £2mill for K Moore.
There’s work to be done, look forward to seeing the results of who Warbs and the rest of the circus can sign for two bob and a conker

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 13:38 - Aug 2 with 1541 viewsrsonist

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 12:13 - Aug 2 by switchingcode

Yes when we had Warburton in charge who used the loan system very well.

Marcello Trotta particularly good.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024