Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Grant Hall 17:01 - Jul 31 with 8098 viewsNorthernr

Confirmed at Boro.

https://www.mfc.co.uk/news/grant-hall-becomes-neil-warnocks-first-signing-as-bor
Grant Hall on 09:29 - Aug 1 with 2137 viewsBklynRanger

Grant Hall on 19:33 - Jul 31 by LazyFan

But prone to the odd injury that can rule him out for a while. Agreed Boro have deep problems. The worst team I saw us player after lockdown.

Taking him longer to play his way back into form these days too which is an issue. Thought he got away with some quite poor defending at the start of the season when others were scapegoated. A few weak looping headers that invited pressure back on.

Was starting to show his old quality before lockdown and seems like a decent fella so good luck to him and hope he stays fit up there.
Grant Hall on 09:38 - Aug 1 with 2117 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Grant Hall on 09:29 - Aug 1 by BklynRanger

Taking him longer to play his way back into form these days too which is an issue. Thought he got away with some quite poor defending at the start of the season when others were scapegoated. A few weak looping headers that invited pressure back on.

Was starting to show his old quality before lockdown and seems like a decent fella so good luck to him and hope he stays fit up there.

I agree that he had shaky periods coming back from his injuries, Bklyn. I always liked him too, not sure I ever saw him smile but i admired how he fought back from his health issues and he's clearly respected.

If he makes it into Warnock's first team with a flat defence and a holding midfield to cover he'll do well. Playing for Warnock as a centre-back must be brilliant - all that cover, that organisation, that communication. A lot demanded of you, I would say, but ultimately the team is set up to protect you and it must be rewarding.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Grant Hall on 09:52 - Aug 1 with 2074 viewsrsonist

Grant Hall on 09:38 - Aug 1 by BrianMcCarthy

I agree that he had shaky periods coming back from his injuries, Bklyn. I always liked him too, not sure I ever saw him smile but i admired how he fought back from his health issues and he's clearly respected.

If he makes it into Warnock's first team with a flat defence and a holding midfield to cover he'll do well. Playing for Warnock as a centre-back must be brilliant - all that cover, that organisation, that communication. A lot demanded of you, I would say, but ultimately the team is set up to protect you and it must be rewarding.

See how we went from relatively free-scoring, disorganised and leaking like a sieve under Ramsey to resolute 1-0 grinders overnight during his caretaker spell/failed coup d'etat.
Grant Hall on 15:08 - Aug 1 with 1882 viewsgobbles

Grant Hall on 17:51 - Jul 31 by bosh67

I think he needed a change perhaps as much for his mind going forward as well as his career. Liked him a lot. Another successful player rescued from previous club release and potential oblivion, and brought on to be a better player with us. And in usual QPR fashion then given away for nothing. Well, not quite. It was his decision but you know what I mean. Good luck to him. Honest hard working player.

The thing is, if he really was on about £12,000 per week, his wages alone would be the equivalent of 1,200 season ticket sales, before any signing-on fee I'm sure his agent would be arguing for. Could that money be better spent?
He's got a three-year deal, that should set him up for life just at the moment that the bottom is falling out of the football market. There will be a lot of unemployed footballers in the next 12 months, just like any other industry.
Grant Hall on 17:38 - Aug 1 with 1781 viewsSonofNorfolt

I hope he breaks his f ucking legs.
Grant Hall on 21:02 - Aug 1 with 1700 viewsbakerloo8

Grant Hall on 08:34 - Aug 1 by Northernr

Magilton, Hart and Harford also had those three players and bar that ridiculous couple of weeks where we beat everybody by four goals couldn't do a lot with them. Hart and Harford didn't even pick Taarabt as I recall.

I remember a game at home to Ipswich under Supremo Hart where he decided to play some bizarre 5 5 0 formation with Nigel Quashie parachuted into centre midfield and Akos and Adel jettisoned to the bench.
Fair to say things went rather poorly first half and the 0-2 HT score could've and should've been about 8 (Jon Walter's ripping us to shreds).
On come adel and Akos at half time and it was like watching a complete different team. Superb 2nd half , complete transformation, all over them but couldn't turn the tide and lost 2-1 in the end ( I think), that was pure Paul Hart.

Mick Harford I wont even begin to talk about.....
Grant Hall on 21:10 - Aug 1 with 1684 viewsLongsufferingR

Grant Hall on 17:38 - Aug 1 by SonofNorfolt

Seriously? Get a grip.
Grant Hall on 07:15 - Aug 2 with 1567 viewsdanky10

Grant Hall on 21:57 - Jul 31 by cpgerber

He’ll be on good money there, which I had the impression was always his priority. Said something about havong to look out for his family if I recall? Gve me the impression he would sign wherever he gpt the best deal. I would probably have done the same....

Am I the only one who's a little pissed off with Grant Hall? Yes he was a good player when he broke into the team initially and he did a decent job for us this year as captain. The issue I have is that he allegedly refused to sign a new contract, citing looking after his family as his number one priority. that is all well and good but has he forgotten that QPR looked after him and his family for the best part of 2 years when he was injured and had other issues. He obviously has a short memory and little or no loyalty and I for one would struggle to wish him well at boro.
Login to get fewer ads

Grant Hall on 07:44 - Aug 2 with 1542 viewsqprd

Grant Hall on 21:10 - Aug 1 by LongsufferingR

Seriously? Get a grip.

Hoping he breaks his legs is a bit over the top, but I can understand fans who feel bitter abt the way he left

He had no intention of playing with us After lockdown for fear of getting injured and jeopardising his next contract

Yet he had no problem sucking every last penny from the club until right before the season started. Every day he stuck around was another day he accrued wages, and he stuck around until the last possible day before he would be breaching his contract by not playing

If he knew he was off, he should’ve walked away before the day before the season restarted

(Obviously I wasn’t privy to his contract negotiations or his ultimate settlement agreement, this is just based on my read of the situation)
Grant Hall on 08:10 - Aug 2 with 1506 viewsgazza1

Grant Hall on 17:38 - Aug 1 by SonofNorfolt

Shameful comments
Grant Hall on 08:12 - Aug 2 with 1498 viewsgazza1

I believe that we have had the best of Hall tbh........done ok last season, been injured a lot.

A 3 year contract is a long contract for a 30 year old who is prone to injury.
Grant Hall on 08:49 - Aug 2 with 1445 viewsjoe90

No point being annoyed at Hall leaving, that's just how it goes. We employ professionals and shouldn't be surprised when they chase the money. He did a good job for us when here, can't ask for more.
Grant Hall on 09:26 - Aug 2 with 1403 viewsSouthend_Rss

Grant Hall on 08:49 - Aug 2 by joe90

No point being annoyed at Hall leaving, that's just how it goes. We employ professionals and shouldn't be surprised when they chase the money. He did a good job for us when here, can't ask for more.

Exactly this. It’s the world of football at the end of the day. It’s now given some fans at our club another pantomime villain for next season.
Grant Hall on 09:58 - Aug 2 with 1350 viewsfrancisbowles

It wouldn't surprise me if our offer to him was less than he had been on before. Therefore you can't really blame him for looking for a better deal. As for not playing in the post lockdown games, you only have to look at what happened to poor Rangel.
Grant Hall on 10:18 - Aug 2 with 1315 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Grant Hall on 09:58 - Aug 2 by francisbowles

It wouldn't surprise me if our offer to him was less than he had been on before. Therefore you can't really blame him for looking for a better deal. As for not playing in the post lockdown games, you only have to look at what happened to poor Rangel.

I can't say I'm annoyed about it or anything but i think he should have played in the games against Barnsley. Charlton and Fulham. He was under contract to us until the 30th June, and was insured. The fact that he had no contract thereafter was his own decision. He was contracted to play those games.

Grant Hall on 10:26 - Aug 2 with 1305 viewsdanky10

Grant Hall on 09:26 - Aug 2 by Southend_Rss

Exactly this. It’s the world of football at the end of the day. It’s now given some fans at our club another pantomime villain for next season.

I don't think it's a case of turning him into a villain as such but it is annoying when players like Hall and Jack Robinson spend a large proportion of their contracts out injured then skip out the door for more money when their contracts expire. As fans all we hear about is the constraints of FFP yet some players appear to have milked th club to an extent and it rankles with me. I suppose your right that it is indicative of how things are in football today but it doesn't make it any more palatable.
Grant Hall on 10:30 - Aug 2 with 1290 viewsfrancisbowles

Grant Hall on 10:18 - Aug 2 by BrianMcCarthy

I can't say I'm annoyed about it or anything but i think he should have played in the games against Barnsley. Charlton and Fulham. He was under contract to us until the 30th June, and was insured. The fact that he had no contract thereafter was his own decision. He was contracted to play those games.

That's true Brian but would he have been mentally 100%. Would we have wanted to take the risk. Had we won those games, we would be happy that he didn't play.

We obviously don't know what discussions on contract, corona and getting injured took place or how long they went on before the final decision was reached.

The same could be said for Pugh. He was in our first eleven post lockdown but we didn't insist he saw his contract out. The club said it took the decision to release him.
Grant Hall on 10:33 - Aug 2 with 1281 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Grant Hall on 10:30 - Aug 2 by francisbowles

That's true Brian but would he have been mentally 100%. Would we have wanted to take the risk. Had we won those games, we would be happy that he didn't play.

We obviously don't know what discussions on contract, corona and getting injured took place or how long they went on before the final decision was reached.

The same could be said for Pugh. He was in our first eleven post lockdown but we didn't insist he saw his contract out. The club said it took the decision to release him.

Fair points, my man.

As I said I'm not annoyed about it or anything. Not sure what I would have done in that position.

Grant Hall on 11:00 - Aug 2 with 1236 viewsGloucs_R

Grant Hall on 10:33 - Aug 2 by BrianMcCarthy

Fair points, my man.

As I said I'm not annoyed about it or anything. Not sure what I would have done in that position.

You're in your 20s... You've got a decade to make as much money at you can....If your employer said to you "we are going to pay you 30% less or alternatively you can leave and do the exact same job for another company and get paid the same or more". What would most of you choose?

Poll: Warburton, What's next?

Grant Hall on 11:09 - Aug 2 with 1222 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Grant Hall on 11:00 - Aug 2 by Gloucs_R

You're in your 20s... You've got a decade to make as much money at you can....If your employer said to you "we are going to pay you 30% less or alternatively you can leave and do the exact same job for another company and get paid the same or more". What would most of you choose?

Oh, on that score I agree completely Gloucs. I know they all trot out the "family to feed" line, but of course it is a factor.

Grant Hall on 11:29 - Aug 2 with 1177 viewsMedwayR

Whilst I agree that players will try to make the most of their short careers I think it’s a pretty weak argument overall. They retire young enough to retrain into new careers if necessary, they’re not above being human and facing the realities of life along with the rest of us. If making money in a short period is their motivator perhaps they could stop spending it like they’re billionaires & be more frugal, you know, manage their money like the rest of us do.

Poll: Who’s better?

Grant Hall on 11:51 - Aug 2 with 1128 viewsDannyPaddox

Has anyone ever failed a medical at Middlesbrough? Paul Merson says he went up there on the train from London (in the 90s?) Long journey - several visits to the buffet bar. By the time he got there he was half-cut as well as having persistent cramp in one leg. Still passed the medical. They’re probably just happy and surprised to see anyone make the effort.
Grant Hall on 15:13 - Aug 2 with 978 viewsbakerloo8

I hold no bad feelings towards Grant. As a player I'd say he was at best a useful Championship defender when fit, which wasnt very often tbf.

Was on a big wage which wasnt justified due to the amount of games he missed, we are in a position where we need value for money and he probably wasnt imo.
Seemed a sound fella personally, had a few demons I hope he can overcome.
Grant Hall on 16:08 - Aug 2 with 912 viewsPunteR

Wasn't he captain? I know he wants to top up his already fat bank balance but doesn't sit well with me how he left. We wasn't even safe from relagation was we?
When you had players like Onouha drop their wages to play for us ,Hall comes across as just another mercenary. Considering all the rehabilitation at our club as well. Id like to see a bit more loyalty. But hey ho. Football init. He's in the Robinson camp for me. I'm not in the hope he breaks his legs camp but I hope Manning punts the ball into his Bollox.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Grant Hall on 17:04 - Aug 2 with 822 viewsenfieldargh

Grant Hall on 16:08 - Aug 2 by PunteR

Wasn't he captain? I know he wants to top up his already fat bank balance but doesn't sit well with me how he left. We wasn't even safe from relagation was we?
When you had players like Onouha drop their wages to play for us ,Hall comes across as just another mercenary. Considering all the rehabilitation at our club as well. Id like to see a bit more loyalty. But hey ho. Football init. He's in the Robinson camp for me. I'm not in the hope he breaks his legs camp but I hope Manning punts the ball into his Bollox.

provided Manning is still wearing our shirt.

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024