Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Konk affable Cottagers v switching codes empty Tuesday Wembley show-down. 22:12 - Jul 31 with 10522 views18StoneOfHoop

First up our much beloved witty FFC long -time guest
Konk Cottagers with: Viva El Fulham:

and now switching code and Arthur's little camp queeny buzzers:

More Bentford Nylons?
Feltham Hard FI supposed lads crying into their Fullers farty beer:

Any more for any more?
Or no dogs in the flouncy fight for the Top Flight?

COME ON YOU KONKY COTTAGERS!

[Post edited 3 Aug 2020 13:16]

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

Konk affable Cottagers v switching codes empty Tuesday Wembley show-down. on 20:11 - Aug 3 with 2284 viewsstevec

Konk affable Cottagers v switching codes empty Tuesday Wembley show-down. on 13:32 - Aug 3 by NewBee

Following on from stevec's earler post about the PL having no room for clubs wth 17.5 capacity stadia etc, some of you might be interested in the fact that the original plan was to squeeze in 20k seats at Lionel Road, the absolute max the site could hold.

But following a major review, they revamped the plans to incorporate 3k Premium (i.e. bloody expensive) Seats. When you added the additional facilities these required, this brought the total capacity down by 2.5k. However, this was more than made up for by the additional revenue the seats would generate - also encourage corporate/business types etc. And another factor was London Irish, who probably won't sell out 17.5k very often, but who do have a higher than average number of wealthy fans in their ranks.

All of which may seem unambitious, even "tinpot". But in the end, 20k isn't ever going to compete with Old Trafford or Anfield anyhow. Whereas the extra revenue from the 3k Premium Seats will close the gap, if only by a tiny bit, when it comes to buying and retaining players for the manager.

Afaik, they also had plans originally for Conferencing facilites at LR, which they scrapped at the same time as they reconfigured the seating, on the basis that they're a football club, not an events company, so shouldn't try to compete in areas where they've no prior expertise.

All of which sounds like sensible corporate direction and management to me.

To be fair, Brentford have played an absolute blinder over the last decade. From disbanding the youth side, buying and selling for profit and still improving year upon year is commendable.

The almost insurmountable problem for you is the Premier League does not want you there (or us) with our 17-18k capacities. If you go up I hope you do ok, but after the fairy story of the first year or two, they’ll stack everything against you. You’ll come down to then find FFP stacked against you and subsequently replaced by any of the remaining 30k plus capacities residing in the Championship.

Chelsea are now down to 9th biggest capacity in the Premier and their fans see the writing on the wall. It’s horrendous to think but the only way to rise and remain lies in the size of your stadium despite all the Sky money in the game.
Konk affable Cottagers v switching codes empty Tuesday Wembley show-down. on 20:28 - Aug 3 with 2267 viewsRanger_Things

I really couldn't give a fk who wins but I'll say Fulham just because Konk is a good lad.
Konk affable Cottagers v switching codes empty Tuesday Wembley show-down. on 01:02 - Aug 4 with 2141 viewsNewBee

Konk affable Cottagers v switching codes empty Tuesday Wembley show-down. on 20:11 - Aug 3 by stevec

To be fair, Brentford have played an absolute blinder over the last decade. From disbanding the youth side, buying and selling for profit and still improving year upon year is commendable.

The almost insurmountable problem for you is the Premier League does not want you there (or us) with our 17-18k capacities. If you go up I hope you do ok, but after the fairy story of the first year or two, they’ll stack everything against you. You’ll come down to then find FFP stacked against you and subsequently replaced by any of the remaining 30k plus capacities residing in the Championship.

Chelsea are now down to 9th biggest capacity in the Premier and their fans see the writing on the wall. It’s horrendous to think but the only way to rise and remain lies in the size of your stadium despite all the Sky money in the game.

Re your second para (thanks for the first btw), when you say clubs like Brentford are "the last thing the PL want", it all depends by exactly who in the PL you mean.

Sure, the corporate marketing/brand/PR people don't want a tinpot club like Bees on ther manor (though they'd spin the "little old Brentford fairy tale" for all they're worth.)

But the Big Six who mostly run the PL won't be too bothered at all, since they don't see us (or Fulham) as a threat to their current domination. Whereas if eg Leeds could properly get their act together then they may be forced to squeeze up and make it a Big Seven. (Same with eg Everton or Villa, Newcastle even!)

Nor do I see how they can "stack everything" against us, over and above the inherent obstacles (size, revenue) we would have to face anyhow.

As for relegaton and FFP, even if we came straight back down again, I really don't see how/why we couldn't cope with the extra £150m+ through our books - it's coping without that sort of dosh which is the problem. (You can be certain that BFC already have two plans for next season, one in the PL, the other in the EFL. And if we go up, we'll make two further plans: one for if we stay up, the other for if we get relegated again.)

As for the capacity issue at Chelsea, they're looking to compete with L'pool, MU, MCity,Arsenal and Spurs, if not Bayern, Barca, R.Madrid, PSG and Juve etc

Whereas the thought of Bees in the PL reminds me of the story of the 4 guys out hiking in the woods one day, when suddenly they spot an angry-looking bear coming towards them. One guy immediately kicks off his big heavy walking boots and searches out his trainers from his rucksack.

"You're never going to outrun a bear in those things", said one of the others.

"No", he replied "but I reckon I'll be able to outrun you three in them!"
(No subject) (n/t) on 02:29 - Aug 4 with 2124 viewstimcocking

Konk affable Cottagers v switching codes empty Tuesday Wembley show-down. on 06:43 - Aug 4 with 2082 viewsLoftgirl

Konk affable Cottagers v switching codes empty Tuesday Wembley show-down. on 13:32 - Aug 3 by NewBee

Following on from stevec's earler post about the PL having no room for clubs wth 17.5 capacity stadia etc, some of you might be interested in the fact that the original plan was to squeeze in 20k seats at Lionel Road, the absolute max the site could hold.

But following a major review, they revamped the plans to incorporate 3k Premium (i.e. bloody expensive) Seats. When you added the additional facilities these required, this brought the total capacity down by 2.5k. However, this was more than made up for by the additional revenue the seats would generate - also encourage corporate/business types etc. And another factor was London Irish, who probably won't sell out 17.5k very often, but who do have a higher than average number of wealthy fans in their ranks.

All of which may seem unambitious, even "tinpot". But in the end, 20k isn't ever going to compete with Old Trafford or Anfield anyhow. Whereas the extra revenue from the 3k Premium Seats will close the gap, if only by a tiny bit, when it comes to buying and retaining players for the manager.

Afaik, they also had plans originally for Conferencing facilites at LR, which they scrapped at the same time as they reconfigured the seating, on the basis that they're a football club, not an events company, so shouldn't try to compete in areas where they've no prior expertise.

All of which sounds like sensible corporate direction and management to me.

There's only one LR.
Konk affable Cottagers v switching codes empty Tuesday Wembley show-down. on 08:17 - Aug 4 with 2035 viewsRs_Holy

I think over the whole season Brentford deserve to go up... it’s a blueprint to all clubs of their size how to structure things financially, gain support in the community, and basically play the game how it should be played. They’ve also done the double over Fulham already this season and you’d think the law of averages dictates that at some point they’ll break their Playoff jinx...
So knowing football and how it works I suppose Fulham will win 3-0
Konk affable Cottagers v switching codes empty Tuesday Wembley show-down. on 09:27 - Aug 4 with 2000 viewsthemodfather

fans will want new teams to go up for new grounds aaaaaaaand they won't get newer than bees next season.
the whole structure of football is to KEEP the big teams big and rich, over the prem years how much have liverpool spent to win that one title? £2-3bn? of course large sums come into them thru player sales etc but as a total it's a vast sum.
how do qpr, bournemouth , fulham/brentford, hull etc really have a chance at long term prem survival? many of the named clubs spent huge and went down. as for the london play off final, i think this season bees have been a good team, and leave it there.
Konk affable Cottagers v switching codes empty Tuesday Wembley show-down. on 10:06 - Aug 4 with 1970 viewsHanwellHoopster

I don't have a strong preference who wins and have nothing against either club.

On balance, I think Brentford doing up would be better for us. If the Bees don't go up they will definitely sell Benrahma [might do even if they go up] which means PL clubs will have choice between Eze and Benrahma if they want an attacking, creative midfielder. That means less competition for Eze, and a lower price. So Bees up for me.
Login to get fewer ads

Konk affable Cottagers v switching codes empty Tuesday Wembley show-down. on 10:32 - Aug 4 with 1938 viewsdaveB

I've found some of the arrogance displayed by Brentford in the build up to be annoying so I hope Fulham beat them although I won't be losing any sleep either way.
Konk affable Cottagers v switching codes empty Tuesday Wembley show-down. on 14:44 - Aug 4 with 1824 viewsactonman

Well if I am applying all my principles and inbuilt gut feelings then I should be cheering the bees on all day everyday as rather fking annoyingly I can’t fault them in the way they have cut their jib!!

Unfortunately the thought of them surpassing us even further leaving us looking around the Chiswick and district league for a local derby where we might run out as favourites one day leaves me feeling a bit wobbly!

I will take a smack in the mouth rather than a kick in the goolies please as the lesser of the 2 evils
Konk affable Cottagers v switching codes empty Tuesday Wembley show-down. on 14:52 - Aug 4 with 1814 viewsE17hoop

If MItrovic plays, Fulham will win. If he doesn't then it's Brentford.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: When you go to QPR games, what do you think will happen?

Konk affable Cottagers v switching codes empty Tuesday Wembley show-down. on 15:51 - Aug 4 with 1775 viewsJuzzie

Good luck to both teams tonight.

I really hope it's a barnstormer as both teams have been phenomenal all season. I just hope they don't follow a lot of recent finals where there's generally just been just one goal in it, probably due to the weight of the prize at the end.
Konk affable Cottagers v switching codes empty Tuesday Wembley show-down. on 16:13 - Aug 4 with 1741 viewsNewBee

Konk affable Cottagers v switching codes empty Tuesday Wembley show-down. on 14:52 - Aug 4 by E17hoop

If MItrovic plays, Fulham will win. If he doesn't then it's Brentford.

Mitrovic played in both the league games this season: Bees battered them 1-0 at GP (hit the woodwork 4 times), then won 2-0 at the Cottage in the first game post-lockdown.

That said, they also beat Swansea 3-0 and 3-1 in the regular season, yet lost the 1st p/o leg, so yeah, you may be right!
Konk affable Cottagers v switching codes empty Tuesday Wembley show-down. on 16:26 - Aug 4 with 1722 viewsRangersw12

Feel a bit sorry for Brentford in that it's their biggest game in their history and none of the fans will be there

I'm expecting a few goals but think Fulham will nick it
Konk affable Cottagers v switching codes empty Tuesday Wembley show-down. on 16:41 - Aug 4 with 1700 viewsMytch_QPR

Konk affable Cottagers v switching codes empty Tuesday Wembley show-down. on 15:51 - Aug 4 by Juzzie

Good luck to both teams tonight.

I really hope it's a barnstormer as both teams have been phenomenal all season. I just hope they don't follow a lot of recent finals where there's generally just been just one goal in it, probably due to the weight of the prize at the end.

I'm with Juzzie - may the best team win. I'm sure Konk is like most of us - wary of the pitfalls of the PL, but grateful for the money and the parachute payments.

Say what you like about Brentford (they probably won't hear you over the clattering diesel of the bus) but if they get promoted it would be a fantastic achievement (IMO) and a reward for careful financial management and very savvy recruitment - both of the managers and players. No sour grapes here - live and let live.

Personally, I'm happy watching us in the Championship for now and seeing us build a sustainable business model. Rome wasn't built in a day.

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Konk affable Cottagers v switching codes empty Tuesday Wembley show-down. on 17:51 - Aug 4 with 1617 viewsswitchingcode

Konk affable Cottagers v switching codes empty Tuesday Wembley show-down. on 16:41 - Aug 4 by Mytch_QPR

I'm with Juzzie - may the best team win. I'm sure Konk is like most of us - wary of the pitfalls of the PL, but grateful for the money and the parachute payments.

Say what you like about Brentford (they probably won't hear you over the clattering diesel of the bus) but if they get promoted it would be a fantastic achievement (IMO) and a reward for careful financial management and very savvy recruitment - both of the managers and players. No sour grapes here - live and let live.

Personally, I'm happy watching us in the Championship for now and seeing us build a sustainable business model. Rome wasn't built in a day.

Thanks agree with you on all of that and I’m very relaxed so much so I’m sh**** it
Konk affable Cottagers v switching codes empty Tuesday Wembley show-down. on 18:12 - Aug 4 with 1593 viewsqprxtc

When we brought out t shirts in 1993 about being the top team in London, there was loads of moaning about that making us look small time and Mickey Mouse.

Now we look up to Mickey Mouse and Gilham mob.

This feels like a negative reality inversion.
Konk affable Cottagers v switching codes empty Tuesday Wembley show-down. on 18:16 - Aug 4 with 1584 viewsClive_Anderson

I think I'd prefer the bees to do it, they've earned it and it would be more interesting to see a new club in the Premier League.

The supporters must be fkced off that they didn't get to see any of this live.
Konk affable Cottagers v switching codes empty Tuesday Wembley show-down. on 19:01 - Aug 4 with 1525 viewsNewBee

Konk affable Cottagers v switching codes empty Tuesday Wembley show-down. on 18:12 - Aug 4 by qprxtc

When we brought out t shirts in 1993 about being the top team in London, there was loads of moaning about that making us look small time and Mickey Mouse.

Now we look up to Mickey Mouse and Gilham mob.

This feels like a negative reality inversion.

There were no T-Shirts back when Brentford finished as London's top club:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1935%E2%80%9336_Football_League

Instead, fans just wore a red carnation in their lapel, with the more rakish of them tipping their hat at a jaunty angle.
Konk affable Cottagers v switching codes empty Tuesday Wembley show-down. (n/t) on 19:17 - Aug 4 with 1513 viewsRanger_Things

Konk affable Cottagers v switching codes empty Tuesday Wembley show-down. on 18:16 - Aug 4 by Clive_Anderson

I think I'd prefer the bees to do it, they've earned it and it would be more interesting to see a new club in the Premier League.

The supporters must be fkced off that they didn't get to see any of this live.

Yep, you have to feel sorry for Brentford. Biggest game in their history and they can't be there.

Then again, New Bee and Switching Code would have probably been at home and posting on LFW anyway.
[Post edited 4 Aug 2020 19:22]
Konk affable Cottagers v switching codes empty Tuesday Wembley show-down. on 19:43 - Aug 4 with 1453 viewsSuperhoop83

Brentford 3 Fulham 1

Suffering since 1978.

Konk affable Cottagers v switching codes empty Tuesday Wembley show-down. on 19:46 - Aug 4 with 1446 viewsClive_Anderson

Konk affable Cottagers v switching codes empty Tuesday Wembley show-down. on 19:01 - Aug 4 by NewBee

There were no T-Shirts back when Brentford finished as London's top club:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1935%E2%80%9336_Football_League

Instead, fans just wore a red carnation in their lapel, with the more rakish of them tipping their hat at a jaunty angle.

Grimsby in the top division? Are you sure this actually happened and isn't just an old Championship Manager save?
Konk affable Cottagers v switching codes empty Tuesday Wembley show-down. on 22:23 - Aug 4 with 1315 views2Thomas2Bowles

Konk now to good for us

See you when you come down.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Konk affable Cottagers v switching codes empty Tuesday Wembley show-down. on 22:27 - Aug 4 with 1278 viewsNortholt_Rs

Konk affable Cottagers v switching codes empty Tuesday Wembley show-down. on 13:48 - Aug 3 by NewBee

As fans of a club with a hardly much bigger capacity than BFC, I thought one or two posters, at least, might be interested in why such a stadium can still be sustainable in the PL.

But maybe you've given up on QPR's chances of reaching the top tier again any time soon?

See you next season you S M U G F U C K

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Konk affable Cottagers v switching codes empty Tuesday Wembley show-down. (n/t) on 22:28 - Aug 4 with 1264 viewsNortholt_Rs

Konk affable Cottagers v switching codes empty Tuesday Wembley show-down. (n/t) on 19:17 - Aug 4 by Ranger_Things

Yep, you have to feel sorry for Brentford. Biggest game in their history and they can't be there.

Then again, New Bee and Switching Code would have probably been at home and posting on LFW anyway.
[Post edited 4 Aug 2020 19:22]

Yeah I’m devastated for them.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024