Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR streaming 16:48 - Aug 22 with 1820 viewsstevec

Not entirely familiar with streaming but it looks like this is the season I might have to get used to it.

What’s bothering me, every match thread I read on here spells out how crap the quality is. Seems up to now fans have put up with it, but if we’re all having to go in this direction then it’s time the club are seen to up their game and provide a professional product.

Be interested to know what kind of guarantees we will get if we’re parting with a tenner a game over 46 league games. Are those using it able to get in touch with the club easily and get a proper response regards quality or faults?

This stuff goes a bit over my head, be interested to know from those familiar with the product.

QPR streaming on 17:06 - Aug 22 with 1776 viewsQPROslo

I missed today, but we got very good quality and few stoppages in last season's League games.
QPR streaming on 17:07 - Aug 22 with 1771 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Today wasn't great at all, but generally I find it to be excellent, Steve.

I've only ever complained once and I got a refund.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

QPR streaming on 17:21 - Aug 22 with 1735 viewsOldPedro

I watched about 5 of the post lockdown games and had a problem on 1 game for a couple of minutes. Other than that it was very good.

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

QPR streaming on 18:29 - Aug 22 with 1551 viewsDorse

Generally, whenever I have paid for a stream it has been really good.

I mean, apart from the results, obviously.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

QPR streaming on 18:37 - Aug 22 with 1532 viewsMatch82

QPR streaming on 18:29 - Aug 22 by Dorse

Generally, whenever I have paid for a stream it has been really good.

I mean, apart from the results, obviously.

Yeah honestly I've been happy with it.

Does seem somewhat dependent on device, works well through the app directly on an Android phone for me. I think people using browser on computer have more issues but could be wrong
QPR streaming on 18:42 - Aug 22 with 1519 viewsnightwish

The streaming was very good for the lockdown matches but todays game against Wimbledon the stream went down on several occasions.Never saw the 3rd goal.At one stage in the 2nd half the stream went down and came back with the game showing the match back in the 1st half.
QPR streaming on 18:44 - Aug 22 with 1512 viewsBrianMcCarthy

QPR streaming on 18:42 - Aug 22 by nightwish

The streaming was very good for the lockdown matches but todays game against Wimbledon the stream went down on several occasions.Never saw the 3rd goal.At one stage in the 2nd half the stream went down and came back with the game showing the match back in the 1st half.

Great. Let's go back to the first half of the 86 Milk Cup Final.

QPR streaming on 18:50 - Aug 22 with 1488 viewsWrightUp5hit___

Don't understand who has what cameras at the game, but today's stream was rubbish. Poor focus, definition and contrast.

Was shocked when I saw Sky News coverage which was a far superior quality, that of the Lockdown streams which were fine.
Login to get fewer ads

QPR streaming on 19:14 - Aug 22 with 1442 viewsdaveB

The quality was superb for the league games last season, today was a bit iffy first half but hopefully just a one off
QPR streaming on 19:15 - Aug 22 with 1440 viewsGloryHunter

I have subscribed to the audio streamimg for a few years, and only watched the video streaming during lockdown games. Quality of both is, of course, reliant on having a good broadband signal at home - ie plugged-in using an ethernet cable if poss, rather than relying on wi-fi.

One thing I have realised is that Nick and Andy easily forget the audio-only sector of the audience. They often don't describe goals being scored at all, either against us or for us - just groaning, or saying "Oh yesss, brilliant by Eze", without actually describing what's happened. When listening to the audio, I have often had no idea whether a goal has been scored, or if it was just a bad / good bit of play.

Same with substitutions. They seem to forget that the "listeners" can't see which player has gone off.
QPR streaming on 19:28 - Aug 22 with 1411 viewsQPRSteve

I agree with you Glory. I think they really need a dedicated commentator for audio only subscribers.
QPR streaming on 19:46 - Aug 22 with 1384 viewsGloryHunter

QPR streaming on 19:28 - Aug 22 by QPRSteve

I agree with you Glory. I think they really need a dedicated commentator for audio only subscribers.

Or just a bit of professional coaching? A good radio commentary would work fine for the TV viewers. But vice versa is not always the case.

But if you listen to the best MOTD commentators with your eyes closed (or are visually impaired) then I'm pretty sure you would always know who, how and when, a team scored a goal.
QPR streaming on 20:12 - Aug 22 with 1317 viewsLblock

Lockdown streaming was immense

The club have been quality on this

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

QPR streaming on 20:49 - Aug 22 with 1239 viewsenfieldargh

Was it me or was it a bit lopsided?

Looked like we were playing at Underhill.

Im sure we could see the elerslie touch line last season as opposed to planks of wood and scaffolding?

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

QPR streaming on 21:27 - Aug 22 with 1196 viewsLythamR

Is been getting steadily better in terms of quality and reliability and the post restart games saw a further improvement, the platform infrastructure and bandwidth have clearly been boosted

Todays game was a trip back in time to the early days and was pretty shocking but i suspect the drop in quality asn the single camera was down to reduced production outlay and when the season starts we will be back to the quality of the last few month.
QPR streaming on 02:43 - Aug 23 with 1065 viewstimcocking

I was surprised they're actually charging to watch pre season friendlies, seems like a false economy to me.

The quality is usually ok, but always starts late. The commentary never begins more than a second before kickoff, no chance to hear the lineups beforehand or introduce anything about the match. Why they can't pay the commentators to start five minutes earlier i'll never understand.
QPR streaming on 03:13 - Aug 23 with 1048 viewssimmo

QPR streaming on 02:43 - Aug 23 by timcocking

I was surprised they're actually charging to watch pre season friendlies, seems like a false economy to me.

The quality is usually ok, but always starts late. The commentary never begins more than a second before kickoff, no chance to hear the lineups beforehand or introduce anything about the match. Why they can't pay the commentators to start five minutes earlier i'll never understand.

It wasn't great today but generally it's v good, too many people used to Sky Sports and expect the same quality. That being said if they're going to charge and ST holders are expected to watch this way for a while, they should prioritise it working well and to a high standard

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

QPR streaming on 07:45 - Aug 23 with 981 viewsBrianMcCarthy

No reason to think it won;t be back to its usual high quality for the regular season.

QPR streaming on 09:11 - Aug 23 with 897 viewsPerthRs

QPR streaming on 18:42 - Aug 22 by nightwish

Had huge issues 2018/2019 season changed my network provider and last season was nigh on perfect, yesterday was poor and a major step backwards picture quality was poor and the audio was even worse I was getting a double commentary with what seem like a time delay as the commentary was saying we had a corner but the vision hadn’t caught up, as mentioned above it was stop start for me and I also missed the 3rd goal.
I hope it gets back to the pre lockdown standards.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024