Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR at Brentford - will show where we are? 14:17 - Nov 25 with 7392 viewsGreenbay

Where are we at the moment?
Brentford is the litmus paper test.
We seem to be improving in fits and starts.
The long term looks bright (but no BOS it seems) with all those youngsters.
Second half against Watford, first half against Rotherham - outstanding.
We need 90 minutes from everyone - fitness crucial but difficult with two games per week.

Long term (2/3 years) what have we got?
Well we have at least six players, some with long term contracts, that can improve to top 6 Championship level or even higher.
Dieng, age 26, contract expires June 2024
Kakay, 23, June 2024
Hamaleinen, 23, June 2024
Chair, 23, June 2023
Willock, 22, June 2023
BOS, 22, (on his way out!), June 2021

Then we have the possibles that may improve and have long term contracts:-
Dickie, 24, June 2024
Dykes, 25, June 2024
Masterson, 22, June 2023
and of course Amos, 23, June 2023, when he hopefully returns.

Then we have the solids - the glue - the experience required
Kane, Cameron, Barbet, Ball (whose only 25), Carroll and Adomah;

Then we have the untried
Thomas, 23, June 2023
Bettache, 20, June 2023
Alfa, 21, June 2023
Kelman, 19, June 2023

Question over
Bonne, 25, June 2023

So Warbs - he's doing a great job IMO - we need a good CB in January transfer window.
Keep 90% of the team together for 2 years and we'll be challenging inside the top six.
What do you think?
QPR at Brentford - will show where we are? on 16:11 - Nov 25 with 1712 viewsGaryBannisterswedge

QPR at Brentford - will show where we are? on 15:06 - Nov 25 by francisbowles

Got to remember guys, it's their cup final, not ours.

They win their 'cup finals' every year but always miss out on promotion.

^^^^^^^^^^
What this man said,
Let the bus stops have their two days in the sun before they implode at the end of the season.
QPR at Brentford - will show where we are? on 16:16 - Nov 25 with 1691 viewsBuckR

Anyone else read the original post thinking it was a poem!
QPR at Brentford - will show where we are? on 16:18 - Nov 25 with 1680 viewsPinnerPaul

QPR at Brentford - will show where we are? on 16:16 - Nov 25 by BuckR

Anyone else read the original post thinking it was a poem!

That's the best post I've read all day!
QPR at Brentford - will show where we are? on 16:18 - Nov 25 with 1681 viewsCroydonCaptJack

QPR at Brentford - will show where we are? on 15:52 - Nov 25 by gobbles

Why are people questioning Bonne? The guy has played 90 minutes twice.
[Post edited 25 Nov 2020 16:13]

We need a scapegoat, that's why.
QPR at Brentford - will show where we are? on 16:35 - Nov 25 with 1647 viewsParkRoyalR

QPR at Brentford - will show where we are? on 16:11 - Nov 25 by GaryBannisterswedge

^^^^^^^^^^
What this man said,
Let the bus stops have their two days in the sun before they implode at the end of the season.

Bees Up Fulham Down,
Bees Up Fulham Down,
Bees Up, Bees Up, Bees Up..... what.....wrong way round.....what happened.....oh feck that....

Arsenal, Arsenal, Arsenal,
One Arsene Wenger, there's only one Arsene Wenger.............
QPR at Brentford - will show where we are? on 16:39 - Nov 25 with 1637 viewsJamesB1979

I’m not sure Kakay or Hamaleinen are quite in the top group as you describe it. In fact I’d probably say that’s true of all that you list in that group except BOS. Dickie on the other hand I would have in top group. Has made some mistakes but to me looks like a top player. Could be worth quite a few quid to us in a couple of years. Centre backs always get better with age.
QPR at Brentford - will show where we are? on 16:43 - Nov 25 with 1623 viewshantssi

QPR at Brentford - will show where we are? on 14:24 - Nov 25 by Northernr

It'll show that we're not as good as Brentford, and it'll be nice to say hi to a few posters we haven't seen for a week or two.

I’m looking forward to Uncle Bungle, Evil Les, clueless Hoos, the Warbler all getting a mention if we lose!
QPR at Brentford - will show where we are? on 17:03 - Nov 25 with 1587 viewsDorse

It'll be nice to lose in a new stadium.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Login to get fewer ads

QPR at Brentford - will show where we are? on 17:30 - Nov 25 with 1566 viewsdm97

Perhaps showing my age here (in my lifetime we have played Brentford farrrrrr more than Chelsea) but isnt the whole point of not liking your neighbours completely redundant if it comes down "who is the better team on paper"/ "losing to them doesnt matter they're a superior team"?

If so, Liverpool/Everton, Millwall/West Ham, Pompey/Saints (I could go on) havent been a meaningful game for years given the superiority of one over the other, yet I doubt you'd find such apathy in their fanbase.

Understand it might be different for older generations but I despise our well run, slick, succesful neighbours and agree this game is more important than others - that is the whole concept of rivalry
QPR at Brentford - will show where we are? on 17:44 - Nov 25 with 1537 viewsnix

QPR at Brentford - will show where we are? on 17:30 - Nov 25 by dm97

Perhaps showing my age here (in my lifetime we have played Brentford farrrrrr more than Chelsea) but isnt the whole point of not liking your neighbours completely redundant if it comes down "who is the better team on paper"/ "losing to them doesnt matter they're a superior team"?

If so, Liverpool/Everton, Millwall/West Ham, Pompey/Saints (I could go on) havent been a meaningful game for years given the superiority of one over the other, yet I doubt you'd find such apathy in their fanbase.

Understand it might be different for older generations but I despise our well run, slick, succesful neighbours and agree this game is more important than others - that is the whole concept of rivalry

My issue is when the rivalry takes over the overall objectives for the season or the club's long term aims: so when people would rather rest players for a winnable match, e.g. against Rotherham, that seemed at the time, given our league position, a six-pointer, so that we're competitive in a harder game against Brentford. Or, as happened in previous seasons, they call for the manager's head for losing against Brentford in particular, when they've got an objectively better team, and the manager is otherwise doing okay. I'm not saying you have said either of those things, but it's the kind of thing I've seen on FB/Twitter.

I'm not saying that Brentford is a bonus match that we shouldn't try and win, but just that rivalry isn't the most important consideration. We've got a tough few matches coming up, and those three points against Rotherham were really important to get us in a reasonable position, out of immediate danger and to boost the confidence of the players after an indifferent start to the season.
QPR at Brentford - will show where we are? on 18:19 - Nov 25 with 1508 viewsWegerles_Stairs

It's a big game - a derby - and I agree with the original poster who says it is a kind of litmus test. We have a decent goalie now, something we've lacked in recent years, and some exciting players like Chair, Willock and BOS. Hopefully, Warburton plays them all and we go for it; I'm slightly worried he will revert to a less expressive line-up. We need to start beating teams like Brentford regularly and putting them back in their place. We were the top side in London not so long ago and we need to be aspiring towards that, rather than being the fourth best team in West London.
QPR at Brentford - will show where we are? on 18:43 - Nov 25 with 1475 viewseastside_r

Shame we can't be at their new ground but it would be nice to 'christen' it. Once you get past the 4 pubs thing (whoop-di-doo) I thought Griffin Park was a dated shit-hole. Won't miss it.

This is a local derby (although some on here still deny it) but definitely their cup final not ours.
QPR at Brentford - will show where we are? on 19:06 - Nov 25 with 1443 viewseghamranger

Defence will have to be switched on, Toney is a decent striker and is very inform.

They will score, so we will have to score more .
QPR at Brentford - will show where we are? on 19:08 - Nov 25 with 1433 viewskensalriser

QPR at Brentford - will show where we are? on 18:19 - Nov 25 by Wegerles_Stairs

It's a big game - a derby - and I agree with the original poster who says it is a kind of litmus test. We have a decent goalie now, something we've lacked in recent years, and some exciting players like Chair, Willock and BOS. Hopefully, Warburton plays them all and we go for it; I'm slightly worried he will revert to a less expressive line-up. We need to start beating teams like Brentford regularly and putting them back in their place. We were the top side in London not so long ago and we need to be aspiring towards that, rather than being the fourth best team in West London.

We haven't been the top side in London for literally a generation.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

QPR at Brentford - will show where we are? on 20:56 - Nov 25 with 1359 viewsenfieldargh

QPR at Brentford - will show where we are? on 15:52 - Nov 25 by gobbles

Why are people questioning Bonne? The guy has played 90 minutes twice.
[Post edited 25 Nov 2020 16:13]

and scored two vital last minute goals earning us 4 points.

Looks a good prospect to me, needs time and al little support.

He's streets ahead of Connor Waahington

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

QPR at Brentford - will show where we are? on 21:08 - Nov 25 with 1346 viewsWegerles_Stairs

QPR at Brentford - will show where we are? on 19:08 - Nov 25 by kensalriser

We haven't been the top side in London for literally a generation.

No, but it shows how far we've fallen to now be the fourth best in West London. Friday is a chance to start climbing back.
QPR at Brentford - will show where we are? on 21:16 - Nov 25 with 1338 viewsCiderwithRsie

QPR at Brentford - will show where we are? on 17:30 - Nov 25 by dm97

Well, this might be down to my age too, but dislike for Chelsea was never about how often we played them, it's because they've always been obnoxious, starting from being created as a money-making scheme, going on to being supported by neanderthals, and finishing with being leaders in making top-flight English football about money instead of football (and coincidentally helping assorted gangsters launder their cash).

It's also about whether you have to put up with their gobby fans the next day and frankly Brentford fans aren't that easy to find.

Fulham or Brentford just aren't that loathsome however often we play them or how close we are to them. In fact I loathe Man United, Liverpool and a few others more than I do Brentford.
QPR at Brentford - will show where we are? on 21:56 - Nov 25 with 1280 viewsjoe90

Should be a good game Friday. It'll be a tough test at the end of a busy week. A few thoughts:

Will fitness be an issue?

Will Brentford suit our style of play?

After our tense finish aginst Rotherham how will we see out the game should we be ahead?
QPR at Brentford - will show where we are? on 22:05 - Nov 25 with 1264 viewsBoston

Greenbay, will Brentford send us packing?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

QPR at Brentford - will show where we are? on 22:13 - Nov 25 with 1256 viewsManinBlack

The key to how we do may depend on whether Dickie is fit as we will need him to deal with Toney. Brentford do seem to be able to replace one decent striker with another each season and I think Toney has already scored 10 for the season.

With the exception of Millwall last season, our away derby record in recent times has let us down. I am hoping that playing in a new ground might change our fortunes against the Bees like it did when Derby moved to Pride Park and we did well there for quite a few years.
QPR at Brentford - will show where we are? on 22:14 - Nov 25 with 1254 viewsGreenbay

QPR at Brentford - will show where we are? on 22:05 - Nov 25 by Boston

Hi Boston. I hope not.
I don't expect anything.
But if we get a point I'd be thrilled.
Wouldn't you?
QPR at Brentford - will show where we are? on 22:27 - Nov 25 with 1224 viewsGreenbay

QPR at Brentford - will show where we are? on 22:05 - Nov 25 by Boston

Ok - got the joke. Slow off the mark.
But I'm not connected.
QPR at Brentford - will show where we are? on 00:29 - Nov 26 with 1164 viewstimcocking

One quarter of me likes Brentford, but they're totally pissing off the other three quarters...
QPR at Brentford - will show where we are? on 07:27 - Nov 26 with 1094 viewsdistortR

QPR at Brentford - will show where we are? on 17:03 - Nov 25 by Dorse

It'll be nice to lose in a new stadium.

yeah, but it'd be a shame to lose our unbeaten record there
QPR at Brentford - will show where we are? on 08:56 - Nov 26 with 1037 viewsenfieldargh

Greenbay, I dont think you ever told us your favourite cheese?

Coming from Green Bay you can have 11 favourites

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024