Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Funniest moment following QPR 19:45 - Feb 5 with 14147 viewssimmo

Got the idea from Twitter...

I'll have a think to collate my own list - but interested to know everybodies stand out moments!

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Funniest moment following QPR on 11:43 - Feb 7 with 2090 viewspaulparker

The soprano singer Wycombe away

Wycombe away 2001 “one sweaty pussy “ to Jude the cat

“Your fat and your birds a slag “ Southampton away 96

Me shouting at Paul Walsh , calling him a long haired c&&& , against spurs 1990 , bloke in the row in front( the size of Jeff capes gets up and looks to see who said that “ resulting in me looking away

Me calling David Ginola a long haired c@@@ against spurs pre season friendly 98 , he told me I was an ugly son of a b1txh

Me calling grant holt a fat barsteward , he flicked me the v sign

My old man having a go at Alan smith and his nose being offside as he was having a go at the linesman

Short corner vs Preston in 05 , me screaming Noooooooooooooooooooo
Two seconds later we scored ,

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Funniest moment following QPR on 12:03 - Feb 7 with 2042 viewsSydneyRs

Many years ago, Newcastle at home. A decent sized group of geordies in the paddock, including a Jimmy five bellies lookalike, the gobbiest of them, giving it to us in the Loft.

Felt quite pleased with myself getting a "you fat bastard" chant going, but the Icing on the cake was when all his geordie mates joined in 🤣.
Funniest moment following QPR on 13:03 - Feb 7 with 1985 viewsloftboy

Birmingham at home, Marlon King getting the “she said no Marlon” all game long, as he ran past the west paddock I gave it the “sex case sex case hang him hang him hang him” he actually let the ball run away from him so he could turn round and wave his finger at me gesticulating that he wasn’t .

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Funniest moment following QPR on 14:14 - Feb 7 with 1945 viewswelwynranger

Posted before but relevant to this thread.

Don Rogers chasing a ball down the wing and failing to stop at the wall causing him to fall head over heels into the fans with his legs in the air. Fortunately he wasnt hurt but we all laughed as we pulled him up.
Funniest moment following QPR on 14:48 - Feb 7 with 1902 viewsParkRoyalR

Funniest moment following QPR on 13:03 - Feb 7 by loftboy

Birmingham at home, Marlon King getting the “she said no Marlon” all game long, as he ran past the west paddock I gave it the “sex case sex case hang him hang him hang him” he actually let the ball run away from him so he could turn round and wave his finger at me gesticulating that he wasn’t .

On a similar vein,

'they don't know who he is'

sung to the Chelsea MC on the pitch at Stamford Bridge a few years back whilst pointing to the home fans, as he introduced a club legend from the 1955 league winning side,

Club host (a la Brentford clown) took the bait and got the right hump, chirping he's won more than you lot, getting a reaction just made it even funnier for 'that lot from Shepherds Bush'!
Funniest moment following QPR on 14:56 - Feb 7 with 1886 viewsBrianMcCarthy

When Hoddle was Ch****a manager I was in his ear from the off. The Rangers fans were right beside their dugout that year for some reason and I started talking out loud to my mates but loud enough to be heard by Hoddle:

"Course he's played abroad"
"Seen it all"
"A real innovator"
"A tactical mastermind, learned it in Europe"
"See that offside trap they're playing. Innovative, that is"
"That long ball game they're playing, magnifique"
"Continental class that is"
"Look at him now, pointing at things"
"And standing up"
"At the same time"

And on, and on, and on....
And carried on as HT was sounded and he walked past me, and spat a big "Fúck Off!" at me.

Massive cheer form all the Rangers fans! Got him!!!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Funniest moment following QPR on 15:22 - Feb 7 with 1851 viewsdsw2509

I thought that Millwall’s “he’s got birdsh1t on his head’ wax quite funny.

Southampton “you’re fat and your bird’s a slag” was unforgettable.
Funniest moment following QPR on 15:27 - Feb 7 with 1840 viewsstowmarketrange

I remember one away game at Coventry spending the whole half,telling ogrizovic how ugly he was,as if he needed telling.Also the fact that I’m no oil painting myself must’ve tickled him a bit as he probably thought it was his twin brother shouting at him.
I was a bit drunk though and I didn’t even know the score until I got Sunday papers the next day.

I was also on the supporters coach another time on the way to Coventry and we stopped at Watford gap.Unfortunately a coachload of West Ham fans had also stopped there on their way to forest.I don’t think many of our fans got off the coach for very long.Just as we were about to leave a group of hammers got on our coach looking for a scrap,but left soon after finding out there were mainly women and us cowards on board.
Luckily we missed them on the trip back as we got there well before them.
Login to get fewer ads

Funniest moment following QPR on 15:28 - Feb 7 with 1840 viewsEsox_Lucius

At home to Man Ure and every time Clayton Blackmore took a free kick it was greeted with "whooooooooooaaaahhhh RAPIST!!!" this, coupled with an impromptu reworking of WHU's Bubbles song along the lines of "I'm forever raping women, pretty women in the bogs ..." is probably what led to him being taken off early.

Home game against Soton in the week that Shilton crashed his car with a mystery woman inside. A fellow behind me in the Loft with a loud N.I. accent starts shouting "Peter... Peter... Peter..." and being stoically ignored. Several attempts later the guy goes quiet. There is a big old scramble in the 6 yard box with Soton eventually clearing their lines and as Shilton walks back to the goal your man pipes up again "Peter... Peter" this time Shilton looks up for a split second only to hear "Could you give my missus a lift home after the game?" cue howls of laughter and a keeper red faced with rage.
A week later and Soton are back at the Bush so I am guessing it a cup game and the papers have been carrying reports of Mrs Shilton leaving the marital home after some fisticuffs by her husband. We had to wait until the second half when Shilton was keeping in front of the Loft and dutiful chants of "Whoooaaaahhh wifebeater" every time he took a GK etc. ensured he wasn't enjoying his afternoon one little bit. At some time during the second half he came out to punch a cross clear and barely made contact. Quick as a flash, his nemesis from the previous week shouts out "Jesus Christ Peter, I bet you hit your missus harder than that". PS spun round to look at the crowd and I think that if he could have identified the person he would have been in the crowd after him. He looked apoplectic.

The grass is always greener.

Funniest moment following QPR on 15:41 - Feb 7 with 1812 viewsstowmarketrange

Funniest moment following QPR on 15:28 - Feb 7 by Esox_Lucius

At home to Man Ure and every time Clayton Blackmore took a free kick it was greeted with "whooooooooooaaaahhhh RAPIST!!!" this, coupled with an impromptu reworking of WHU's Bubbles song along the lines of "I'm forever raping women, pretty women in the bogs ..." is probably what led to him being taken off early.

Home game against Soton in the week that Shilton crashed his car with a mystery woman inside. A fellow behind me in the Loft with a loud N.I. accent starts shouting "Peter... Peter... Peter..." and being stoically ignored. Several attempts later the guy goes quiet. There is a big old scramble in the 6 yard box with Soton eventually clearing their lines and as Shilton walks back to the goal your man pipes up again "Peter... Peter" this time Shilton looks up for a split second only to hear "Could you give my missus a lift home after the game?" cue howls of laughter and a keeper red faced with rage.
A week later and Soton are back at the Bush so I am guessing it a cup game and the papers have been carrying reports of Mrs Shilton leaving the marital home after some fisticuffs by her husband. We had to wait until the second half when Shilton was keeping in front of the Loft and dutiful chants of "Whoooaaaahhh wifebeater" every time he took a GK etc. ensured he wasn't enjoying his afternoon one little bit. At some time during the second half he came out to punch a cross clear and barely made contact. Quick as a flash, his nemesis from the previous week shouts out "Jesus Christ Peter, I bet you hit your missus harder than that". PS spun round to look at the crowd and I think that if he could have identified the person he would have been in the crowd after him. He looked apoplectic.

They seemed to have a few dodgy players at Southampton in those days.Mark Wright and Steve Moran took a lot of stick over rape allegations in the 80’s.
Funniest moment following QPR on 15:53 - Feb 7 with 1796 viewsEsox_Lucius

Funniest moment following QPR on 15:41 - Feb 7 by stowmarketrange

They seemed to have a few dodgy players at Southampton in those days.Mark Wright and Steve Moran took a lot of stick over rape allegations in the 80’s.

You just reminded me... Gary Waddock put a crunching 50-50 tackle in against Moran over on the Ellerslie Rd. side of the pitch just after that story broke and a bloke leaned over the fence and shouted "You're not dealing with Swedish virgins now are you? you cünt". IIRC Moran went off on a stretcher.

The grass is always greener.

Funniest moment following QPR on 16:06 - Feb 7 with 1780 viewsloftboy

Funniest moment following QPR on 15:28 - Feb 7 by Esox_Lucius

He threatened to punch me up at pride park when I reminded him about that 😂😂

Funniest moment following QPR on 17:14 - Feb 7 with 1733 viewsBenny_the_Ball

A diminutive Fulham fan giving the QPR end pelters, only to be greeted with a rendition of 'Oompa Loompa' complete with synchronised bobbing up and down.

Getting my leg firmly wedged between seat back and base over-celebrating Furlong's equaliser at Luton. "1 nil and you f*ckd it up"; they weren't the only ones.
Funniest moment following QPR on 10:28 - Feb 8 with 1599 viewsMoonshineSteve

Funniest moment following QPR on 15:27 - Feb 7 by stowmarketrange

I remember one away game at Coventry spending the whole half,telling ogrizovic how ugly he was,as if he needed telling.Also the fact that I’m no oil painting myself must’ve tickled him a bit as he probably thought it was his twin brother shouting at him.
I was a bit drunk though and I didn’t even know the score until I got Sunday papers the next day.

I was also on the supporters coach another time on the way to Coventry and we stopped at Watford gap.Unfortunately a coachload of West Ham fans had also stopped there on their way to forest.I don’t think many of our fans got off the coach for very long.Just as we were about to leave a group of hammers got on our coach looking for a scrap,but left soon after finding out there were mainly women and us cowards on board.
Luckily we missed them on the trip back as we got there well before them.

I was at a game at Highfield Road and a bloke near us giving Oggy the "you're so ugly" for ages, long enough for one of the home fans to get irritated and shout back "If you want to talk about ugly mate, you should take a look at yourself". 1990-91 season.

I am still Steve but no longer in Dagenham.

Funniest moment following QPR on 10:28 - Feb 8 with 1599 viewsMoonshineSteve

Funniest moment following QPR on 19:59 - Feb 6 by essextaxiboy

Taking my seat with a large hot dog with copious amounts of ketchup , Decided to enter the next row and climb over , seat tipped up leg went through and I pushed the hot dog into my own face.
Writing this I realise it must have been over 40 years ago .......

My favourite so far.

I am still Steve but no longer in Dagenham.

Funniest moment following QPR on 10:32 - Feb 8 with 1592 viewsFrankRightguard

Not particularly pleasant but it made a 15/16 year old me roar with laughter. Home game v Man United, Sparky loitering near The Loft when someone launched a huge ball of phlegm straight into his perm! He didn’t find it as funny as we did!
Funniest moment following QPR on 10:39 - Feb 8 with 1579 viewsloftboy

Funniest moment following QPR on 10:32 - Feb 8 by FrankRightguard

Not particularly pleasant but it made a 15/16 year old me roar with laughter. Home game v Man United, Sparky loitering near The Loft when someone launched a huge ball of phlegm straight into his perm! He didn’t find it as funny as we did!

If someone spat at me I’d rip their head off and stick it up their arse.

Funniest moment following QPR on 10:46 - Feb 8 with 1565 viewsNorthernr

A few that immediately spring to mind...

- Dai Hoop absolutely off his chops, Chelsea at home, invading the camera gantry at the Loft End to abuse John Terry. Texts and phone calls flying among the LFWers all over the ground to the effect of "is that...... DAI HOOP ON THE CAMERA GANTRY?". Stayed there for ages, conducting the crowd, giving Terry the big un, while a crowd of stewards tried to persuade him to come back. Eventually carried out horizontal to rapturous applause, giving it the royal wave.

- Dai Hoop, Swansea away. Had travelled over from Cardiff on the top deck of the local stopping bus with a bottle of spirits. Absolutely wasted by the time the game started, got in a dispute with a steward, got thrown out, snuck back in through a late turnstile, returned to his seat, started smoking, got thrown out again. Attempted to climb back into the ground over the enormous gate in the corner where they bring the tractor in, scaled it, fell off it, snapped his ankle, got thrown out again. Sat on the grass bank outside the away end waiting for full time, some QPR fans leave early because we're losing, he asks them what the score is, they think he's taking the piss because he's got a Welsh accent, and smash him up. We came out at the end he had a broken ankle, his nose was spread across his face, there was blood everywhere. Quite the day.

- Sheff Wed A, height of the Thompson out campaign, week after Denise had streaked onto the pitch but left the bra on, Grandad Tom in the pub telling her how proud everybody was of her but also "slightly disappointed".

- The bloke getting the hump at Southampton, mrs getting up and lifting her skirt at the away end.

- Hartlepool deckchair.

- After a few 'incidents' at recent games Polish Paul deciding that the drinking really was getting out of hand and becoming a bit of a liability, so coming up with an ingenius plan for Man City away that for every pint he had he'd also have a bread roll. Turned up at Euston in the morning with two shopping bags full of brown bread rolls. 23 brown bread rolls later and the flaw in the plan was revealed...

- Paul Ince is a wnkr. Repeat.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Funniest moment following QPR on 10:47 - Feb 8 with 1564 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Funniest moment following QPR on 10:28 - Feb 6 by wombat

yep sat to our right bright pink jumper , which to some was in fashion if you ws brave enough, was spotted early on and gave pelters , took it for a while then started to umpty then more umpty , then ejected we obv pi$$ed ourselves as he left the ground .

think skid marks was the same season at st marys might be wrong though

That pink jumper day was brilliant. I can't even remember the result though. Did we win?
Funniest moment following QPR on 10:56 - Feb 8 with 1543 viewsCroydonCaptJack

We were playing Liverpool at home and we were in the paddocks. As the players were standing there waiting to start my mate shouted 'Oi Rush, you big nosed c***' he just looked over and shook his head.
Funniest moment following QPR on 11:06 - Feb 8 with 1526 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Me and my friend Dave used to hang around the players' exit after games. Dave had a superb Northern wit and drawl. In '92, Man City were in town, they had a good team by and large though they struggled up front where Adrian Heath had scored the princely sum of one goal in eighteen months. We were unstoppable that day and hammered them 4-0.

Outside afterwards, most of them were on the coach but Heath was signing autographs. Dave joined the throng and thrust a piece of paper in front of Heath who without looking was going through them one by one.

"Could you sign that please, Adrian"
"Ya, one minute"
"Hard luck today"
"Thanks"
"You were unlucky"
Thanks"
"You hit the bar"
"Ya"
Shame that"
"Ya"
"That would've been two goals in eighteen months"

And Heath goes for him. And Keith Curle goes for the two of us. And we can't fight cos we're laughing so hard. And their coach empties. And now it's the whole team coming for us. And we're laughing like we're Goodfellas. Eventually, Niall Quinn (who I kind of know) gets them all back on the coach and gives me a stern "you should know better, Brian" lecture and I tell him how it started and he cracks up laughing as well.
[Post edited 10 Feb 2021 11:26]

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Funniest moment following QPR on 11:28 - Feb 8 with 1488 viewspaulparker

Pat van den hawe going apesh1t at the loft after we sang “bill wyman split yer wife “ never seen a player lose it like that, it helped that we won 2-0 after Bobby mimms did his tony roberts impression

The Loftus road tramp trying to get over the wall and onto the pitch during the protests against Man City in 87
Never seen my old man laugh as much

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Funniest moment following QPR on 12:01 - Feb 8 with 1457 viewsloftboy

Outside Maine road again circa 1990 Gordon David’s walks past with his wife, obviously thinks we are city, my mate replies , who’s that your Mum!! He was gutted.
Arsenal at home we get a penalty just before half time, Arsenal can sat begin shouts out if that was a penalty then I’m a Wànker, same mate quick as a flash says to him “ definitely a penalty then mate”

Funniest moment following QPR on 12:07 - Feb 8 with 1451 viewsstowmarketrange

Funniest moment following QPR on 10:28 - Feb 8 by MoonshineSteve

I was at a game at Highfield Road and a bloke near us giving Oggy the "you're so ugly" for ages, long enough for one of the home fans to get irritated and shout back "If you want to talk about ugly mate, you should take a look at yourself". 1990-91 season.

That might’ve been me as I was hitting the booze quite hard around that time.I got the train up with a few cans and went straight into a pub in the town centre until about 2.50.I wish I’d stayed there now.
Funniest moment following QPR on 12:17 - Feb 8 with 1435 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Plymouth away.

Up 't top of the bit they put us in some gents were standing up but not causing any grief when the stewards and a copper came over and told them to sit down.
They duly did and after about 3 mins of quiet one said to the copper "Is it alright if I have a Polo?"

I properly started laughing.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024