Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Funniest moment following QPR 19:45 - Feb 5 with 14306 viewssimmo

Got the idea from Twitter...

I'll have a think to collate my own list - but interested to know everybodies stand out moments!

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Funniest moment following QPR on 10:26 - Feb 10 with 2342 viewswombat

Funniest moment following QPR on 08:58 - Feb 10 by southbrookstreet

Yeah jason lee pineapple etc I remember that.. his ex-wife mentioned years later and said he hated that chant and couldn't get a hair cut quick enough..

seem to remember atthat forest game a few younger lads turned up with the top part of a fresh pineapple tyed to the top of there heads , juice dropping everywhere for the entire game.

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Funniest moment following QPR on 17:10 - Feb 10 with 2180 viewsNorthernr

Another one for the pile, there's a guy I see a lot at away games in sort of fits and starts, which makes me think it might be a banning order issue in the intervening periods given his, ahem, mannerisms in an away end and around the opposition fans on a matchday. Anyway we're having a very lovely summer pre-season friendly at Aldershot one day, I think David Connolly was randomly playing up front for us because, well, QPR, and there's a few hundred QPR there and a few hundred Aldershot and the sun is shining and nobody gives a sht. Anyway, halftime, human baboon man comes steaming down past us on the terrace and grabs this steward, I'd put him somewhere between 70 and 80, by the yellow coat and gives him the jabby finger in the face and says: "there's going to be some fcking trouble here in a minute." To which his answer was, fairly obviously, "why?". Baboon man replies: "Because I'm going to start some." And immediately goes windmilling into a small group of fairly startled locals queueing for a pie.
Funniest moment following QPR on 17:39 - Feb 10 with 2136 viewsTheChef

Funniest moment following QPR on 09:49 - Feb 10 by robith

Kinda mad how David Baddiel now gets to publish books about racism when he used to black up and ridicule a man's haircut when you think about it

Good grief that was a low wasn't it?

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Funniest moment following QPR on 17:49 - Feb 10 with 2100 viewspaulparker

Huddersfield at home last season
A couple of Huddersfield fans are giving it large to a few lads in xblock , ER, we then equalise which then starts xblock off giving it some back in return
The Huddersfield “lads” then go apesh1t and proceed to try and clamber from the upper school end into xblock , aka doing a Millwall
The stewards and plod then nick one of the Huddersfield “lads” and Chuck him out leaving the other Huddersfield lad on his own , xblock then start a chant of
“Where’s your boyfriend gone” , this goes on for about 5 minutes, the sole Huddersfield “lad” goes into overdrive with rage resulting in him being thrown out to chants of “Cheerio” and “we’ll meet again “

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Funniest moment following QPR on 17:52 - Feb 10 with 2112 viewsNorthernr

Funniest moment following QPR on 17:49 - Feb 10 by paulparker

Huddersfield at home last season
A couple of Huddersfield fans are giving it large to a few lads in xblock , ER, we then equalise which then starts xblock off giving it some back in return
The Huddersfield “lads” then go apesh1t and proceed to try and clamber from the upper school end into xblock , aka doing a Millwall
The stewards and plod then nick one of the Huddersfield “lads” and Chuck him out leaving the other Huddersfield lad on his own , xblock then start a chant of
“Where’s your boyfriend gone” , this goes on for about 5 minutes, the sole Huddersfield “lad” goes into overdrive with rage resulting in him being thrown out to chants of “Cheerio” and “we’ll meet again “

There was a similar one to this at Ipswich a couple of years back, where a gorup of teenagers in the stand to the left decided to give it the big un and one by one got slung out, making the remaining ones increasingly irate, to huge enjoyment from the away end.
Funniest moment following QPR on 08:54 - Feb 11 with 1915 viewsTheChef

Funniest moment following QPR on 17:52 - Feb 10 by Northernr

There was a similar one to this at Ipswich a couple of years back, where a gorup of teenagers in the stand to the left decided to give it the big un and one by one got slung out, making the remaining ones increasingly irate, to huge enjoyment from the away end.

Ah yes think I remember that one - the day we won there during the play off win season?

A most enjoyable day out which was going very well until we left the last pub to head back to the station, one of our group gave a joyful 'You Rs!' as we left the pub, prompting a few of the locals to chase us down the street!

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Funniest moment following QPR on 10:13 - Feb 11 with 1871 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Not so much moments, but the two fancy dress away days in the early 90's at Derby and Norwich were a carnival from start to finish.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Funniest moment following QPR on 10:50 - Feb 11 with 1844 viewsjoe90

WBA fans chanting 'Boilers too good for you' in reference to their mascot that was a man dressed up as boiler.

I think WBA was the best place to lose 7-1 away.
Login to get fewer ads

Funniest moment following QPR on 11:00 - Feb 11 with 1834 viewsloftboy

Tottenham away late 80’s walking out the ground the two sets of fans were separated by floor to ceiling chicken wire as we walked out the ground, a pissed up Tottenham fan was foaming at the mouth whilst shaking the wire and hurling abuse, me being a cocky 19 year old went up to him making the wànker sign knowing he was the other side of the fence, twenty yards later the fence disappeared!! I ended up legging it up the high road and jumping on the back of the first routemaster that went past,my mates weren’t too impressed either.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Funniest moment following QPR on 11:02 - Feb 11 with 1828 viewsBAWHoops

Away to Brentford in 2004.
Standing on that terrace and their keeper comes over for the second half, Alan Julian.
The next 45 minutes consist of an ever increasing group of Rangers fans saying nothing else except 'Juliaaaannn' in a high pitched comedy voice that sounded like a cut scene from a Monty Python film.

Aldershot in a pre season friendly, queuing to get in and some fat tween is walking up and down the line singing 'Boom Boom Pow' by the Black Eyed Peas whilst thrusting his crotch in the direction of unsuspecting fans in time with the lyrics.

The squirrel on the pitch at home to Leicester

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Funniest moment following QPR on 11:17 - Feb 11 with 1812 viewsSydneyRs

Funniest moment following QPR on 11:02 - Feb 11 by BAWHoops

Standing on that terrace and their keeper comes over for the second half, Alan Julian.
The next 45 minutes consist of an ever increasing group of Rangers fans saying nothing else except 'Juliaaaannn' in a high pitched comedy voice that sounded like a cut scene from a Monty Python film.

Aldershot in a pre season friendly, queuing to get in and some fat tween is walking up and down the line singing 'Boom Boom Pow' by the Black Eyed Peas whilst thrusting his crotch in the direction of unsuspecting fans in time with the lyrics.

Ex Southampton and Blackburn keeper Tim Flowers used to get similar, with high pitched cries of "Timmy!" every time the ball went near him or he was taking a goal kick.

He absolutely HATED it which was hilarious.
Funniest moment following QPR on 11:18 - Feb 11 with 1809 viewsloftboy

Funniest moment following QPR on 11:02 - Feb 11 by BAWHoops

I used to work with his dad, he was really wound up by that.

Funniest moment following QPR on 11:24 - Feb 11 with 1799 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Leeds at home Faurlin / Promotion day.

Getting tanked up in that Oz hostel bar opposite Shepherds Bush Station after the match. This scruffy skinny Scottish fella comes in and starts blagging people for a pint.

Anyway we invite him into our group and it’s turns out he’s just been released from the Scrubs that day. He introduces himself as Jiffy and after a few pints and his life story someone asks him where he got the name Jiffy.

Turns out he was infamous for w****** into people’s Jiffy bags in nick 😂
Funniest moment following QPR on 11:27 - Feb 11 with 1787 viewsEsox_Lucius

Filling out the Rookery at Watford and after a period of complete silence from the Watford fans a loud chorus of "Shall we sing a song for you?" rang out from the R's in attendance quickly followed by "Watford, Watford Rah Rah Rah" in a falsetto voice. A moment so amusing that it was repeated several times throughout the night.

The grass is always greener.

Funniest moment following QPR on 11:30 - Feb 11 with 1780 viewsSheffieldHoop

Funniest moment following QPR on 11:24 - Feb 11 by BazzaInTheLoft

Leeds at home Faurlin / Promotion day.

Getting tanked up in that Oz hostel bar opposite Shepherds Bush Station after the match. This scruffy skinny Scottish fella comes in and starts blagging people for a pint.

Anyway we invite him into our group and it’s turns out he’s just been released from the Scrubs that day. He introduces himself as Jiffy and after a few pints and his life story someone asks him where he got the name Jiffy.

Turns out he was infamous for w****** into people’s Jiffy bags in nick 😂

Belushi's on promotion day. Grim.

"Someone despises me. That's their problem." Marcus Aurelius

Funniest moment following QPR on 13:23 - Feb 11 with 1702 viewsR_from_afar

Ipswich away a few years back, when Ray Jones (RIP) was still with us.

Redditch Hoop and I were about to leave the ground and he turned to me and very considerately said: "You'd better zip up your coat, you don't want Ipswich fans to see your Rangers top, they might kick off" to which I replied, "Sure, but are you going to take your QPR hat off?"

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Funniest moment following QPR on 15:31 - Feb 11 with 1605 viewspaulparker

Arsenal vs QPR 1988
QPR are warming up before kick off , back then it was just booting balls at the keeper none of the fancy drills you see today , anyway the players are warming up and we have just entered the clock end turnstile , Trevor Francis has hit a volley so hard it’s gone like an Exocet missile and fizzed past the post and hit an unsuspecting Arsenal fan right in the face
The lad wasn’t paying attention and it hit him so hard he did a 360 over the terrace crash barrier and on the deck
We were p1ssuing ourselves laughing , but fair play to Trev he claimed over to the terrace to see if the kid was ok
This was the game we spent the whole game singing “adams is a donkey”
We were 1-0 up until the last 10 and then conceded to late goals to shut us up

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Funniest moment following QPR on 17:09 - Feb 11 with 1566 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Coming away from out 4-1 victory over WBA a few years back (when OBZ scored cracker) and we bumped into a mate who literally lives in the next road from me and had gone up by coach (I didn't know him very well but Knew he was QPR). He had gone up by coach so I offered him a lift back. We are coming out of the busy car park and no fu**er is letting us out. People are literally keeping an inch away from the person in front to stop us squeezing out. I am getting really annoyed that so many people can be so selfish then I realised my mate had his coat open and his QPR shirt proudly displayed. We were never going to be let out having beaten them 4-1. As soon as he zipped up we were away!
Funniest moment following QPR on 18:01 - Feb 11 with 1494 viewsMoonshineSteve

Funniest moment following QPR on 15:31 - Feb 11 by paulparker

Arsenal vs QPR 1988
QPR are warming up before kick off , back then it was just booting balls at the keeper none of the fancy drills you see today , anyway the players are warming up and we have just entered the clock end turnstile , Trevor Francis has hit a volley so hard it’s gone like an Exocet missile and fizzed past the post and hit an unsuspecting Arsenal fan right in the face
The lad wasn’t paying attention and it hit him so hard he did a 360 over the terrace crash barrier and on the deck
We were p1ssuing ourselves laughing , but fair play to Trev he claimed over to the terrace to see if the kid was ok
This was the game we spent the whole game singing “adams is a donkey”
We were 1-0 up until the last 10 and then conceded to late goals to shut us up

I was at that one. In the Arsenal end. My then-new girlfriend's younger brother is Arsenal but had never had anyone to take him to football (his Dad had died, his older brother had no interest). So I used to take him to LR occasionally, and when we played them he was in the home end with me and had to keep his allegiance quiet. So when we played them away, I thought it was a nice gesture to let him go in the home end. Oh, how pleased I was that I was so nice when they scored two late goals.

I am still Steve but no longer in Dagenham.

Funniest moment following QPR on 11:28 - Feb 12 with 1301 viewsrobith

Funniest moment following QPR on 17:10 - Feb 10 by Northernr

Another one for the pile, there's a guy I see a lot at away games in sort of fits and starts, which makes me think it might be a banning order issue in the intervening periods given his, ahem, mannerisms in an away end and around the opposition fans on a matchday. Anyway we're having a very lovely summer pre-season friendly at Aldershot one day, I think David Connolly was randomly playing up front for us because, well, QPR, and there's a few hundred QPR there and a few hundred Aldershot and the sun is shining and nobody gives a sht. Anyway, halftime, human baboon man comes steaming down past us on the terrace and grabs this steward, I'd put him somewhere between 70 and 80, by the yellow coat and gives him the jabby finger in the face and says: "there's going to be some fcking trouble here in a minute." To which his answer was, fairly obviously, "why?". Baboon man replies: "Because I'm going to start some." And immediately goes windmilling into a small group of fairly startled locals queueing for a pie.

This has absolutely slayed me
Funniest moment following QPR on 12:02 - Feb 12 with 1257 viewsNoelmc

Two funny memories that spring to mind are;

Early 90's I was working in Hounslow with a very attractive Scouse girl who earned some extra cash selling programmes at Loftus Rd. She couldn't wait for the visit of her beloved Liverpool and had been talking about it all week in the build up. The afternoon of the match she volunteered to walk around the perimeter to sell some more programmes and stopped briefly to chat to me as I was in the Ellerslie Rd wheelchair enclosure. She was buzzing and bragged about the fantastic atmosphere their nearby fans were creating. However the minute she reached the School End she was greeted with a huge chorus of "Get your tits out for the lads", which continued for her whole walk (then run) along that end. She was hugely embarrassed and never mentioned the match the following week at work!

A couple of season's ago my Mrs treated me to lunch in the W12 Club for the home match nearest my birthday. While queuing to enter the main reception a Mercedes people carrier taxi came down South Africa Rd and did a 3 point turn to drop the passengers off outside reception, very nearly reversing into a police car in the process. As the match referee and his 3 officials emerged from the taxi, one wag in the queue shouted out to him, 'I hope your reffing is better than your driver's driving", which made him, his colleagues and everyone in the queue laugh.
Funniest moment following QPR on 16:33 - Feb 12 with 1170 viewsPinnerPaul

When I was at work we dealt with a company who had a box at LR.

Getting towards the end of the season, so even I managed to get a go - as did the rugby loving boyfriend of the PR girl from the company.

After the game we got the chance to annoy the players as they came out to go home for photos/autographs.

Said boyfriend said to Tommy Smith "You had a good game today"

Tommy " I was a sub and didn't get on"
Funniest moment following QPR on 16:55 - Feb 12 with 1151 viewsNorthernr

Post my last interview with Les Ferdinand, on the way out, he asked if I actually played football, and I said I did but not to any kind of level and only small sided. He asked where and I said Kentish Town. He meant what position. And I'd done so well to that point.
Funniest moment following QPR on 16:57 - Feb 12 with 1150 viewsloftboy

I’ve spoke of this before, westham at home in the FA cup, was in what is now the defectors weld, packed to high heaven, sat in the corner was an old lady who kept lifting her top up and pushing the old boys head sat next to her onto her saggy tits, a westham fan got his dick out and waved it in front of her, quick as a flash she grabbed hold of it and put it in her toothless mouth, he was gutted,the rest of the pub was literally crying with laughter,any hint of any trouble was instantly wiped out in that moment.

Funniest moment following QPR on 18:36 - Feb 12 with 1102 viewsstowmarketrange

Funniest moment following QPR on 16:33 - Feb 12 by PinnerPaul

When I was at work we dealt with a company who had a box at LR.

Getting towards the end of the season, so even I managed to get a go - as did the rugby loving boyfriend of the PR girl from the company.

After the game we got the chance to annoy the players as they came out to go home for photos/autographs.

Said boyfriend said to Tommy Smith "You had a good game today"

Tommy " I was a sub and didn't get on"

I had a similar embarrassing moment at the Chelshite friendly in 2001.My daughter was mascot for the day,which meant we got to mingle around the players entrance.
I was trying to impress my daughter and Mrs,who was at her first and last game,so I saw Marcus bignott in a suit walking down the stairs towards us at the bottom,and told my autograph book out as Marcus Bignott was coming towards us.
He got to the bottom of the stairs and faced me and said “It’s Clarke Carlisle actually”.Oh how I laughed at the embarrassment.
And of course,my Mrs never mentions it at all.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024