Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bright Osayi Samuel 17:54 - Jun 5 with 13487 viewsenfieldargh

Unhappy in Turkey and wants to leave....

Would you have him back?

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Bright Osayi Samuel on 21:51 - Jun 5 with 3268 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Bright Osayi Samuel on 21:25 - Jun 5 by karl

Twitter links, so make of it what you will, linking him to Sheffield United.
Would be able to afford what he'd likely be wanting wages wise and potential for promotion probably more realistic at this moment?
[Post edited 5 Jun 2021 21:29]

What the hell is that! I'm too scared to watch. Looks like some sort of a hostage video. Not that I've ever seen one but he doesn't look happy.

What he needs is a nice winter in erm Sheffield obvs.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Bright Osayi Samuel on 21:56 - Jun 5 with 3241 viewskarl

Bright Osayi Samuel on 21:51 - Jun 5 by CliveWilsonSaid

What the hell is that! I'm too scared to watch. Looks like some sort of a hostage video. Not that I've ever seen one but he doesn't look happy.

What he needs is a nice winter in erm Sheffield obvs.

It's hellish isn't it!
I haven't read it either tbh
Bright Osayi Samuel on 21:57 - Jun 5 with 3236 viewsPhilmyRs

Pour yourself a drink, sit back and think of Barbet, the Hull lad and Dickie as a back 3. Field and Johansen (it could happen) in front with Chair or willock behind Dykes and Austin and then take another sip and think of BOS as your right wing back and Wallace on the left. Open another bottle please, “the Rs are going up..” I’d take him back without hesitation. Showed himself capable of playing left or right wing back and can play on either attacking wing plus down the middle. Would be a massive asset to us.
Bright Osayi Samuel on 21:59 - Jun 5 with 3228 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Bright Osayi Samuel on 21:56 - Jun 5 by karl

It's hellish isn't it!
I haven't read it either tbh

Free Bright!

Bright Osayi Samuel on 22:14 - Jun 5 with 3135 viewsessextaxiboy

I wouldnt have him back, he was our best player in a poor side . I dont think he would make the starting 11 now . We have moved on successfully .

He has pace , has improved his finishing and hold up play but not enough to play at a higher level IMO.
Bright Osayi Samuel on 23:19 - Jun 5 with 2972 viewsLazyFan

He won't come as we won't pay that money. Also, he won't come as Warbs would play him RWB and he does not want to play there.

In addition, I am not sure his number of assists were that great or the number of goals. And his crossing was suspect, but his pace was electric and his dribbling was Prem class.

He is not the player for us. He should have signed for Club Brugge, he would have played way more games and could easily nip home on a private jet (to get around covid) and see the family whenever he wanted. If you any good from Belgium, you don't play in Belgium anymore. So, an easy league for him at the top team where he can get chance after chance and look like he's moved up a level when really the oppo is probably very poor. Stupid move by him and also makes clubs who may want to sign him trust him less as he may run down his contract again.

zzzzzzzzzz

Bright Osayi Samuel on 23:38 - Jun 5 with 2931 viewsswisscottage

Whilst he was exciting to watch his end product was abysmal and I was not disappointed when he left, as I though we'd be a better balanced side without always trying to fit him in.

Bit of a flat track bully and completely overrates himself.. It was noticeable that whenever he came up against a genuinely decent left back like Rico Henry he'd completely disappear from a game.
Bright Osayi Samuel on 23:57 - Jun 5 with 2888 viewsLoftgirl

Bright Osayi Samuel on 21:59 - Jun 5 by CliveWilsonSaid

Free Bright!

Still no, even free.
Login to get fewer ads

Bright Osayi Samuel on 00:09 - Jun 6 with 2873 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Bright Osayi Samuel on 23:38 - Jun 5 by swisscottage

Whilst he was exciting to watch his end product was abysmal and I was not disappointed when he left, as I though we'd be a better balanced side without always trying to fit him in.

Bit of a flat track bully and completely overrates himself.. It was noticeable that whenever he came up against a genuinely decent left back like Rico Henry he'd completely disappear from a game.

BOS assist for Dykes v Brentford was one of the best things he ever did for us.

I didn't see any problems commitment wise before last season.. He was a good player for us on the whole.
[Post edited 6 Jun 2021 0:10]

Bright Osayi Samuel on 00:58 - Jun 6 with 2804 viewsDavieQPR

Always played for himself and not the team. Only passed when he had virtually lost the ball. Look how our form changed when he left.
Bright Osayi Samuel on 01:47 - Jun 6 with 2762 viewsHooparoo

Bright Osayi Samuel on 22:14 - Jun 5 by essextaxiboy

I wouldnt have him back, he was our best player in a poor side . I dont think he would make the starting 11 now . We have moved on successfully .

He has pace , has improved his finishing and hold up play but not enough to play at a higher level IMO.

Agree mate. We were much better balanced without him

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Bright Osayi Samuel on 07:19 - Jun 6 with 2606 viewsswisscottage

Bright Osayi Samuel on 00:09 - Jun 6 by CliveWilsonSaid

BOS assist for Dykes v Brentford was one of the best things he ever did for us.

I didn't see any problems commitment wise before last season.. He was a good player for us on the whole.
[Post edited 6 Jun 2021 0:10]

As I said we was exciting to watch.

He was capable of the exceptional.

But on the whole his end product was too inconsistent for him to be considered anything above championship level. Hence why I believe he overrated himself, and regard him as a flat track bully.
Bright Osayi Samuel on 08:23 - Jun 6 with 2503 viewskernowhoop

If not naughty Bright, then someone with the pace of naughty Bright, so that we have an additional counter-attacking threat. In my view, that 'someone' would have the pace and skill and would have the tendency to be greedy coached out of him.
Bright Osayi Samuel on 10:00 - Jun 6 with 2279 viewspaulparker

I liked him, I said before that Mclown messed him around & it was our board who messed up with the new contract ( he should of got it when he was our best player when mclown started playing him) , seemed a strange move for him to go to Turkey unfortunately he will end up a journeyman player going from club to club if he doesn’t get his head right

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Bright Osayi Samuel on 10:10 - Jun 6 with 2251 viewswood_hoop

He must have taken advice from his agent/family , so not gone into changing clubs I would have thought blindly.

Not so sure he would be the same kind assest as he once was, very much should be left to MW and if he thinks would fit back into current set up then so be it.
Bright Osayi Samuel on 10:39 - Jun 6 with 2185 viewsQPROslo

Bright Osayi Samuel on 18:46 - Jun 5 by mcqpr10

I would have him back. He left for more money and the chance to play in the champions League. Can't blame a 23 year old for wanting that? Also, we were really struggling at the start of the season, and he, like many of us, probs thought we were going backwards having lost eze,manning,hall, wells and hughil.
The one thing this team is lacking is genuine pace and that's what bos has in abundance.

I agree. We need his pace and a wing back, where he showed he could play before he left.
Bright Osayi Samuel on 10:42 - Jun 6 with 2179 viewsfrancisbowles

I wonder if we somehow managed to get a sell on clause?
Bright Osayi Samuel on 12:17 - Jun 6 with 2019 viewsR_from_afar

Bright Osayi Samuel on 18:38 - Jun 5 by sprocket

I heard the Florists were looking for players

I can picture the press release announcing his signing: "Hughton said: "Bright is an exciting young player with a great future ahead of him. We've given him the coveted number 112 shirt and are sure he will make it his own".

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Bright Osayi Samuel on 12:24 - Jun 6 with 2004 viewsjohncharles

No,
He came to us with some footballing skills and terrific pace and that’s how he left us. He didn’t develop at all. Never seemed to grasp the idea of football as a team game.

Strong and stable my arse.

Bright Osayi Samuel on 13:54 - Jun 6 with 1896 viewsPunteR

I wouldn't have him back for a few reasons, main one being I don't think he's any good in a promotion pushing side. ;)

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Bright Osayi Samuel on 14:06 - Jun 6 with 1883 viewsdavman

Bright Osayi Samuel on 13:54 - Jun 6 by PunteR

I wouldn't have him back for a few reasons, main one being I don't think he's any good in a promotion pushing side. ;)

I don't agree with the character and player assassination on this thread, but I do agree that Willock is more effective in this team.

I do also wonder how BOS would cope with Austin in the team as I doubt he'd have placidly sat by waiting for the cross that never came. In that first half of the season, I am not sure that I'd have passed to Dykes or Bonne either...

We've moved and hopefully he will do too; other posters may forget it, but he was exciting on the ball mostly.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Bright Osayi Samuel on 14:34 - Jun 6 with 1836 viewsdanehoop

Bright Osayi Samuel on 14:06 - Jun 6 by davman

I don't agree with the character and player assassination on this thread, but I do agree that Willock is more effective in this team.

I do also wonder how BOS would cope with Austin in the team as I doubt he'd have placidly sat by waiting for the cross that never came. In that first half of the season, I am not sure that I'd have passed to Dykes or Bonne either...

We've moved and hopefully he will do too; other posters may forget it, but he was exciting on the ball mostly.

Agree with you Davman.

He would fit better in the new team skills wise than the old team. He was a very good player for us and had developed well in his last year with us. Before that though there was still a lot of development to do and he didnt sufficiently impress several managers that he was worth a regular starting place. As he developed and with the emergence of Eze and Warballs he started to look a lot better and hit a number of teams radars as a result of his performances. He was carrying an injury and still playing for us before he left so was committed.

Unfortunately as it became clear that his head had been turned by his agent his performances dropped away, in part clearly because of the injury, but also because it was apparent he was leaving. I dont hold him any ill will. Think it was unfortunate the way he left - but see that as being the fault of his agent rather than him. Good luck to him wherever he ends up, but we have moved on and now look a much more balanced and improved team.

Never knowingly understood

Bright Osayi Samuel on 15:40 - Jun 6 with 1770 viewsjohncharles

Bright Osayi Samuel on 14:06 - Jun 6 by davman

He only passed to Dykes once and Dykes scored. You’d think that having done it once he might have tried it again but no….
I’m not saying Bright was greedy just that he was very limited. His main asset was his pace. He used to scare the sh1t out of defenders but they soon sussed him, chaperoned him into the corner and that was that. His move to Turkey was obviously a mistake from the start probably engineered by a greedy agent with no regard for his career.
[Post edited 6 Jun 2021 15:54]

Strong and stable my arse.

Bright Osayi Samuel on 16:21 - Jun 6 with 1693 viewsGroveR

Let's spend months assuring him we're going to sign him and announce on deadline day we're not. On twitter.
Bright Osayi Samuel on 18:39 - Jun 6 with 1529 viewsTGRRRSSS

No, his attitude stank, he clearly was angling for his move (in itself ok nI get it) but at times he didnt put himself out there, the side at large looked more content when he left.

Not sure why we nor he would want a return, it does look a stupid move, yes there are a CL side, but when did Fenerbache last do anything in CL?

No we've moved on - and he already had.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024