Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
2 issues that need addressing. 09:38 - Sep 29 with 5758 viewsknocker

Before I get torn into, love the way we are playing, very optimistic. The 2 issues are the floodlights which I know has been a topic recently and also the loud speaker system. Last night there was a presentation on the pitch and at the time I did not have a clue what it was about. Sit in South Africa Road, not to far from centre and couldn't hear a thing . Has gone to pot.
2 issues that need addressing. on 10:03 - Sep 29 with 3547 viewsCamberleyR

You only have to look when they go round the grounds on Sky when there's a goal, how much brighter everyone else's lights are compared to ours. They really need to do something about them. Someone posted this on the match thread:

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

2 issues that need addressing. on 10:05 - Sep 29 with 3539 viewsMaggsinho

Yep, can't hear a thing in the Upper Loft at the moment.

Thought the floodlights seemed a bit brighter last night but still noticeably gloomy.
2 issues that need addressing. on 10:13 - Sep 29 with 3493 viewsdaveB

The floodlights are not as bright as usual but it does look quite beautiful this mood lighting
2 issues that need addressing. on 10:16 - Sep 29 with 3471 viewsstowmarketrange

I looked at the roof over the loft last night and there are a few loudspeakers attached to the roof over Q and P blocks,but there doesn’t seem to be any over N,M and L blocks.We never had so many problems before over this surely?So why now?
2 issues that need addressing. on 10:40 - Sep 29 with 3373 viewsmcqpr10

Surprised we've got away with having so little lighting but must say i quite like it!
2 issues that need addressing. on 11:07 - Sep 29 with 3260 viewsDWQPR

The bulbs have certainly been moved from previous seasons and not to produce a better overall light. Its very shadowy now.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

2 issues that need addressing. on 11:13 - Sep 29 with 3214 viewsMrSheen

Have the lights been turned down because of complaints about light pollution, I wonder? Walking to the ground I looked up behind the pylons and there seemed to be few sockets in use, must be deliberate rather than negligence, surely?
2 issues that need addressing. on 11:16 - Sep 29 with 3202 viewssevenhoop

2 issues that need addressing. on 11:07 - Sep 29 by DWQPR

The bulbs have certainly been moved from previous seasons and not to produce a better overall light. Its very shadowy now.

the lighting last night was awful. i don't know how we get away with it. last time i saw floodlighting like that was at Hounslow Town in the 80's!

last night all lights were on - before that we only had a sort of F-shape of lights used on each floodlight and it was much brighter. i know Lee Hoos sadi that they weren't up to scratch, but they were fine before. it's almost as if they are using different, less powerful, lights
Login to get fewer ads

2 issues that need addressing. on 11:20 - Sep 29 with 3185 viewsBklynRanger

Hoos talked about the lights in that interview with Clive - I think he actually mentioned that they've got a bit dimmer during lockdown - just from memory so could be wrong on that one. He definitely did say that they wouldn't be up to scratch if we went up, along with some other things.

It was one of those 'yeah we need to fix that' comments, rather than 'this is when we're going to fix this by'...

The only announcement I heard last night though was about 20 mins beforehand when they brought Ruben's mum on the pitch along with the King of Malaysia - the fcuking King of Malaysia!
2 issues that need addressing. on 11:45 - Sep 29 with 3097 viewsMrSheen

2 issues that need addressing. on 11:20 - Sep 29 by BklynRanger

Hoos talked about the lights in that interview with Clive - I think he actually mentioned that they've got a bit dimmer during lockdown - just from memory so could be wrong on that one. He definitely did say that they wouldn't be up to scratch if we went up, along with some other things.

It was one of those 'yeah we need to fix that' comments, rather than 'this is when we're going to fix this by'...

The only announcement I heard last night though was about 20 mins beforehand when they brought Ruben's mum on the pitch along with the King of Malaysia - the fcuking King of Malaysia!

Does he have a song yet? Woooooooah, King of Malaysia!

Oh, go on then....
Abdullah of Penang!
Saw us beating Birmingham
Who would have thought he would arrange a
Royal visit to Queens Park Rangers
[Post edited 29 Sep 2021 11:57]
2 issues that need addressing. on 12:01 - Sep 29 with 3037 viewsRBlock

2 issues that need addressing. on 10:13 - Sep 29 by daveB

The floodlights are not as bright as usual but it does look quite beautiful this mood lighting

It's like being at the theatre! Very atmospheric
2 issues that need addressing. on 12:02 - Sep 29 with 3032 viewsMick_S

2 issues that need addressing. on 11:45 - Sep 29 by MrSheen

Oh, go on then....
Abdullah of Penang!

I see your king of Malaysia and I raise you the king of Bhutan:

King Jigme Wangchuck. What a belting name and he’s a King.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

2 issues that need addressing. on 12:23 - Sep 29 with 2951 viewsGhost_on_the_Westway

Oh, go on then....
Abdullah of Penang!

I like the “a” on the end of your 4th line. Very Mark E Smith.
2 issues that need addressing. on 12:34 - Sep 29 with 2906 viewsBklynRanger

Oh, go on then....
Abdullah of Penang!

Even though the lights were dim
His excellency was seen to grin
From ear to ear as we sprayed the ball
Around the park in the somewhat dark

Muhammad V of Kelantan
Must have deeply regretted his previous plan
To abdicate after only two years
He could've been among the beers
Sitting there with Ruben and Penny
Squinting at the outline of giant Seny

Needs work...
2 issues that need addressing. on 12:53 - Sep 29 with 2833 viewsDavieQPR

The sound system and lights are old like me and we all don't function as well as we used to.
2 issues that need addressing. on 12:58 - Sep 29 with 2810 viewsdmm

The tannoy has always been poor. I've sat in every part of the ground and it's the same pretty well everywhere.
2 issues that need addressing. on 13:38 - Sep 29 with 2710 viewsGloryHunter

Is it my imagination, or have the horrible LED perimeter advertising boards been reduced in size?
2 issues that need addressing. on 13:46 - Sep 29 with 2665 viewsted_hendrix

I would be surprised if our floodlight lux levels comply with the league's regulations/requirements, our sound system has never been a sound system but a sort of bad recording from a Kellogg's Rice Krispies snack crackle and pop poorly made advert.

Apart from that everything else is just about acceptable (working class standard).

Get in the queue.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

2 issues that need addressing. on 13:48 - Sep 29 with 2651 viewsNW5Hoop

2 issues that need addressing. on 13:38 - Sep 29 by GloryHunter

Is it my imagination, or have the horrible LED perimeter advertising boards been reduced in size?

No. They haven't. I sit in the front row and they are the same as ever. But last night the brightness was definitely turned down compared to previous evening games.
2 issues that need addressing. on 16:44 - Sep 29 with 2449 viewsQPR_John

2 issues that need addressing. on 13:46 - Sep 29 by ted_hendrix

I would be surprised if our floodlight lux levels comply with the league's regulations/requirements, our sound system has never been a sound system but a sort of bad recording from a Kellogg's Rice Krispies snack crackle and pop poorly made advert.

Apart from that everything else is just about acceptable (working class standard).

Get in the queue.

“ I would be surprised if our floodlight lux levels comply with the league's regulations/requirements,”

We have heard nothing from the referee or the opposition so the lights must be acceptable. I think that’s three senior games under lights this season and nobody has complained
2 issues that need addressing. on 16:52 - Sep 29 with 2427 viewsPinnerPaul

PA system perfectly fine and very loud in T block!
2 issues that need addressing. on 17:02 - Sep 29 with 2403 viewsstowmarketrange

2 issues that need addressing. on 16:44 - Sep 29 by QPR_John

“ I would be surprised if our floodlight lux levels comply with the league's regulations/requirements,”

We have heard nothing from the referee or the opposition so the lights must be acceptable. I think that’s three senior games under lights this season and nobody has complained

Only us that struggle to see what’s happening 110 yards away.
2 issues that need addressing. on 17:06 - Sep 29 with 2396 viewsPinnerPaul

2 issues that need addressing. on 13:46 - Sep 29 by ted_hendrix

Get in the queue.

1.1 The average lux value of the floodlights, obtained from 88 readings taken on the grid system
provided by The League, must meet the following minimum criteria for each division:
Average Lux Value 800 Minimum at any one point
500 (but a minimum lighting
level of 750 lux at the centre
point of each goal line)

Anyone have a clue whether ours meet those criteria?

No, thought not!
2 issues that need addressing. on 18:24 - Sep 29 with 2304 viewsHayesender

Someone said to me that the ref for the Everton game (Friend?) said if that was a premier league game he would have called it off.

True or not I don't know!

Poll: Shamima Beghum

2 issues that need addressing. on 18:50 - Sep 29 with 2271 viewsFrankRightguard

Just to add to the general theme of dilapidation, there was water running down the inside of the front of the roof on the upper Loft last night. Place is falling to bits.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024