Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
ITFC fan here...how is Dozzell getting on? 12:09 - Oct 15 with 4344 viewsMaySixth

cheers
ITFC fan here...how is Dozzell getting on? on 12:19 - Oct 15 with 3149 viewslondonscottish

Dozell had a slightly shaky start but seems to have found his feet in the last 2-3 games.

Beginning to impress would be my summary.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

ITFC fan here...how is Dozzell getting on? on 12:22 - Oct 15 with 3130 viewsRs_Holy

ITFC fan here...how is Dozzell getting on? on 12:19 - Oct 15 by londonscottish

Dozell had a slightly shaky start but seems to have found his feet in the last 2-3 games.

Beginning to impress would be my summary.

yep... I was going to write something very similar
ITFC fan here...how is Dozzell getting on? on 12:23 - Oct 15 with 3118 viewsstowmarketrange

He hasn’t made as much of an impact as Bonne has at yours,but he seems to be slowly improving.Whether he will be a starter or a regular sub is another matter.
ITFC fan here...how is Dozzell getting on? on 12:24 - Oct 15 with 3103 viewsNorthernr

Had a bit of a mare in an all round bad team selection v Barnsley. Has played very decently in more recent outings.
ITFC fan here...how is Dozzell getting on? on 12:26 - Oct 15 with 3094 viewsMaySixth

Thanks.
Hope he does well.
Thought he would do better in The Champ than League 1.
ITFC fan here...how is Dozzell getting on? on 12:30 - Oct 15 with 3074 viewsGloryHunter

Had a very good game against Birmingham. Otherwise has looked a bit lightweight to me, with the game seeming to pass him by a bit. Hopefully he will get used to the Championship pace and start to impose himself more.
[Post edited 15 Oct 2021 12:31]
ITFC fan here...how is Dozzell getting on? on 12:37 - Oct 15 with 3043 viewsdanehoop

ITFC fan here...how is Dozzell getting on? on 12:26 - Oct 15 by MaySixth

Thanks.
Hope he does well.
Thought he would do better in The Champ than League 1.

I think as others have said, improving after shaky start.

That said, I think Dozzell was probably thrown in a bit at the deep end at the start because of the injuries we had in key positions and the faith that the coaching staff had in him. That was brave given the comparatively short time that he had been with us and says a lot about faith that the coaching staff had in him, as the usual approach is to introduce young talent over longer time frame. He has since started to acquit himself well and to be fair has looked OK against the more technical sides. I like him, he is currently proving to be good squad player and hopefully will develop into a mainstay of the side as he continues to progress.

Never knowingly understood

ITFC fan here...how is Dozzell getting on? on 12:39 - Oct 15 with 3036 viewsloftus77

Just an aside: if anyone on here ever sees Cup competitions as secondary to league campaigns, just consider the OP’s name.

43 years ago.

It’s always what matters.
Login to get fewer ads

ITFC fan here...how is Dozzell getting on? on 12:56 - Oct 15 with 2961 viewsJuzzie

That jogged my memory as to what it referred to and just went and had a look on Wiki to remind myself of the details.

What struck out was the route each finalist (Arsenil and 1pswich) had to get to the final.

Would just never happen today which is why it's sadly so devalued.

Arsenal;

3rd Sheffield United
4th Wolverhampton Wanderers
5th Walsall
6th Wrexham
Semi-final Orient

Ipswich;

3rd Cardiff City
4th Hartlepool United
5th Bristol Rovers
6th Millwall
Semi-final West Bromwich Albion
[Post edited 15 Oct 2021 12:57]
ITFC fan here...how is Dozzell getting on? on 13:06 - Oct 15 with 2889 viewsMaySixth

ITFC fan here...how is Dozzell getting on? on 12:39 - Oct 15 by loftus77

Just an aside: if anyone on here ever sees Cup competitions as secondary to league campaigns, just consider the OP’s name.

43 years ago.

It’s always what matters.

Twice
ITFC fan here...how is Dozzell getting on? on 13:07 - Oct 15 with 2881 viewsMaySixth

ITFC fan here...how is Dozzell getting on? on 12:56 - Oct 15 by Juzzie

That jogged my memory as to what it referred to and just went and had a look on Wiki to remind myself of the details.

What struck out was the route each finalist (Arsenil and 1pswich) had to get to the final.

Arsenal;

3rd Sheffield United
5th Walsall
6th Wrexham
Semi-final Orient

Ipswich;

3rd Cardiff City
4th Hartlepool United
5th Bristol Rovers
6th Millwall

1978 FA CUP Final
1981 UEFA CUP Final (1st Leg)
ITFC fan here...how is Dozzell getting on? on 13:08 - Oct 15 with 2877 viewsMaySixth

ITFC fan here...how is Dozzell getting on? on 12:37 - Oct 15 by danehoop

I think as others have said, improving after shaky start.

That said, I think Dozzell was probably thrown in a bit at the deep end at the start because of the injuries we had in key positions and the faith that the coaching staff had in him. That was brave given the comparatively short time that he had been with us and says a lot about faith that the coaching staff had in him, as the usual approach is to introduce young talent over longer time frame. He has since started to acquit himself well and to be fair has looked OK against the more technical sides. I like him, he is currently proving to be good squad player and hopefully will develop into a mainstay of the side as he continues to progress.

Cheers
ITFC fan here...how is Dozzell getting on? on 13:27 - Oct 15 with 2790 viewssaxbend

Seems to do best when a) Johansen isn't playing and b) the opposition is a Premier League side. So plenty to hope for once he's fully settled in.
[Post edited 15 Oct 2021 13:27]
ITFC fan here...how is Dozzell getting on? on 13:39 - Oct 15 with 2733 viewsgazza1

Done OK, not good enough to start ahead of other midfielders. Currently a 'fair' back-up but hopefully will get better, has shown some good touches. We will see as the season progresses and he gets more opportunities to start games.
ITFC fan here...how is Dozzell getting on? on 13:59 - Oct 15 with 2655 viewsNorthLondonR

ITFC fan here...how is Dozzell getting on? on 12:56 - Oct 15 by Juzzie

Arsenal;

3rd Sheffield United
5th Walsall
6th Wrexham
Semi-final Orient

Ipswich;

3rd Cardiff City
4th Hartlepool United
5th Bristol Rovers
6th Millwall

Alan Sunderland bought me a Zoidzilla for my 6th birthday.
ITFC fan here...how is Dozzell getting on? on 14:33 - Oct 15 with 2552 viewsquickpassrotter

I think that he is doing OK.
What we don't know is - what is he being asked to do by Warbs/Eustace. Win the ball, keep it - don't lose possession short balls into feet etc ? What exactly is his role in combination with the others in midfield ?
He looks very comfortable on the ball. He can pick a pass. I would like him to be more adventurous. Go for that risky forward pass more often and don't be concerned about giving it away occasionally (only occasionally). Plays too safe at times. Also would like him to take on players more. I think that it will come over time. Early days still.
ITFC fan here...how is Dozzell getting on? on 14:50 - Oct 15 with 2496 viewsBoston

Does his name rhyme with wurzel?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

ITFC fan here...how is Dozzell getting on? on 14:52 - Oct 15 with 2489 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

He’s impressed me more with the ball, than without it. He seems unsure about where he’s supposed be positioned and sometimes gets caught out and is a bit tentative when tackling and pressing. He looks like a young player in a new club and a new system which is exactly what he is. Seems to have loads of ability.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

ITFC fan here...how is Dozzell getting on? on 15:30 - Oct 15 with 2373 viewsterryb

ITFC fan here...how is Dozzell getting on? on 13:07 - Oct 15 by MaySixth

1978 FA CUP Final
1981 UEFA CUP Final (1st Leg)

I was present at both & in Amsterdam for the second leg. I live in the town & my wife was a ST holder at those times. We also drove to St Etienne in Kevin's car & had to sit for hours at the team hotel awaiting our complimentary tickets for the game! That was the best Ipswich performance that I've seen.

Andre has surpassed by expectations (which were low) & he has looked better against the better teams. He will have to be willing to sit on the bench for a lot of time this season, but I now believe that he can be developed into a good addition to Rangers.

He is certainly a better player than many a Town supporter had led me to believe!
ITFC fan here...how is Dozzell getting on? on 15:51 - Oct 15 with 2307 viewsenfieldargh

According to Warbs he's a player they've been monitoring for a few years now.
In Warbs we trust

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

ITFC fan here...how is Dozzell getting on? on 16:10 - Oct 15 with 2238 viewsTacticalR

I agree that he looks worried about losing the ball, and I have this feeling that he is playing within himself.

One disadvantage he and the other midfielders have is that they are overshadowed by Johansen - an excellent midfielder who doesn't want to just circulate the ball - he knows exactly when to attack and when to defend.

Like others I hope Dozzell will gradually improve.

Air hostess clique

ITFC fan here...how is Dozzell getting on? on 16:17 - Oct 15 with 2209 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

ITFC fan here...how is Dozzell getting on? on 16:10 - Oct 15 by TacticalR

I agree that he looks worried about losing the ball, and I have this feeling that he is playing within himself.

One disadvantage he and the other midfielders have is that they are overshadowed by Johansen - an excellent midfielder who doesn't want to just circulate the ball - he knows exactly when to attack and when to defend.

Like others I hope Dozzell will gradually improve.

Funny I was going to say thing about Dozzell playing within himself. Sort of cagey and scared to commit.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

ITFC fan here...how is Dozzell getting on? on 16:29 - Oct 15 with 2176 viewsLazyFan

In my view, he's doing okay and has a nice range of passing. I think he will get better over time.

I doubt he will ever be amazing, but I think he will be a decent Champ player. We have some decent midfielders at the moment in JoJo, Fields and Amos. Then we have run all day players like Ball who don't have the skills like Dozzell does.

So, it's hard for him to get into the team and maintain a place. On other hand, he has time to bed in and the manager is willing to develop him. Not sure he was worth £1m, but maybe thems the prices these days.

zzzzzzzzzz

ITFC fan here...how is Dozzell getting on? on 17:16 - Oct 15 with 2049 viewsMaySixth

ITFC fan here...how is Dozzell getting on? on 16:29 - Oct 15 by LazyFan

In my view, he's doing okay and has a nice range of passing. I think he will get better over time.

I doubt he will ever be amazing, but I think he will be a decent Champ player. We have some decent midfielders at the moment in JoJo, Fields and Amos. Then we have run all day players like Ball who don't have the skills like Dozzell does.

So, it's hard for him to get into the team and maintain a place. On other hand, he has time to bed in and the manager is willing to develop him. Not sure he was worth £1m, but maybe thems the prices these days.

Interesting to see all your thoughts on him.

There is definitely a player in there, in League One he was very comfortable with the ball and could pick a pass but there was absolutely no end product in terms of assists and goals.

He is more a quarterback type player - a sitter who can keep the ball moving.

I thought he would do better with a bit more time on the ball.

FYI Bonne has done very well - works hard and decent finisher. I'd say that League 1 is his natural level.

Carroll came in and impressed in a handful of appearances but now injured....decent player, plays with his head up.
ITFC fan here...how is Dozzell getting on? on 17:21 - Oct 15 with 2035 viewslondonscottish

ITFC fan here...how is Dozzell getting on? on 17:16 - Oct 15 by MaySixth

Interesting to see all your thoughts on him.

There is definitely a player in there, in League One he was very comfortable with the ball and could pick a pass but there was absolutely no end product in terms of assists and goals.

He is more a quarterback type player - a sitter who can keep the ball moving.

I thought he would do better with a bit more time on the ball.

FYI Bonne has done very well - works hard and decent finisher. I'd say that League 1 is his natural level.

Carroll came in and impressed in a handful of appearances but now injured....decent player, plays with his head up.

It's great see Bonne absolutely nailing it week in week out.

Clearly he's at home in L1.

I wouldn't write him off in the Champ, though. I don't think he was that far off for Rangers a lot of the time. Fine margins, etc.

I guess it's the age old question of whether you can coach in the last 5% or if that's just innate.

(I don't have a scooby)
[Post edited 15 Oct 2021 17:22]

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024