Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Go on then - Rovers Match Thread 09:05 - Oct 19 with 28210 viewsPinnerPaul

and because I can't then be accused of cursing it or being the new messiah, I think it will be 1-1, with our overpaid, overweight, unfit and disinterested striker scoring the goal
Go on then - Rovers Match Thread on 21:45 - Oct 19 with 2183 viewsloftboy

Brilliant strike from chair.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Go on then - Rovers Match Thread on 21:45 - Oct 19 with 2163 viewsHooparoo

Table is tight - only 4 points between 2nd and 6th

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Go on then - Rovers Match Thread on 21:45 - Oct 19 with 2164 viewsRs_Holy

Loving the atmosphere as the players acknowledge the fans and vice versa
Go on then - Rovers Match Thread on 21:46 - Oct 19 with 2133 viewsMick_S

Go on then - Rovers Match Thread on 21:34 - Oct 19 by VancouverHoop

Fans hanging on to the ball. Nice one!

Ole’s too. Naughty, but funny.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Go on then - Rovers Match Thread on 21:47 - Oct 19 with 2119 viewsRangersw12

That seemed like a massive result and an all important clean sheet

Shows that Warburton has plan B as more direct tonight

Would like to see Amos start on Saturday with Johanson
Go on then - Rovers Match Thread on 21:47 - Oct 19 with 2105 viewsCiderwithRsie

Go on then - Rovers Match Thread on 21:42 - Oct 19 by Toast_R

Nice 3 pints and a sheet

Well, if that's your idea of a night out, fair enough.
Go on then - Rovers Match Thread on 21:48 - Oct 19 with 2069 viewsericgen34

Great win! Laboured but kept going and in the end we were the only team in it

Blackburn, very dislikable team, and then they bring on johnson

Referee, terrible, lakes you wonder if he's a blackburn fan or hates us

Adomah my MOTM
Go on then - Rovers Match Thread on 21:49 - Oct 19 with 2049 viewsJigsore

1-0 is just the tonic we needed!! Well earned clean sheet and the scoring run continues, 27 consecutive games now. This team is wonderful

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Login to get fewer ads

Go on then - Rovers Match Thread on 21:49 - Oct 19 with 2026 viewsSteveB

Go on then - Rovers Match Thread on 21:10 - Oct 19 by Rs_Holy

Adomah MOM so far
[Post edited 19 Oct 2021 21:11]

Got to be a strong 8 Clive..?
Go on then - Rovers Match Thread on 21:51 - Oct 19 with 1954 viewsted_hendrix

Perfect response to Saturdays result at Fulham, just the response you need from your players.

Nice one Albert, nice one.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Go on then - Rovers Match Thread on 21:51 - Oct 19 with 1932 viewsMick_S

Go on then - Rovers Match Thread on 21:49 - Oct 19 by SteveB

Got to be a strong 8 Clive..?

He was fantastic second half. Wonderful 45 minus the minutes he wasn’t on.

Go on then - Rovers Match Thread on 21:53 - Oct 19 with 1874 viewsKiwi76

Great response from team and a clean sheet - needed that.
Go on then - Rovers Match Thread on 21:54 - Oct 19 with 1853 viewsGreenbay

FT REPORT
Man of the match - without a doubt Uncle Albert.
Chair - cracker of a goal - 7 minutes from time.
27 straight matches - we've scored - remarkable.
A clean sheet!!
Up 3 places to fifth - before Wednesday's games.
Good second half substitutions - Amos for Dozzell, then later Charlie for Uncle.
But what happened in the first 55 minutes?
It was worse than turgid.
We were slow, cumbersome, giving the ball away.
Both sides were playing out a stale chess match.
All the pieces gone on the board and a draw agreed.
Entertainment in the rain - definitely not.
Then as if someone had flicked on a light switch the whole team and especially Uncle - came to life.
Someone had put extra batteries into the galloping veteran.
He fairly sprinted up and down the right flank - causing devastation in the Blackburn defence.
What a player. And we're all pleased for him.
We missed so many chances before Chair decided to crack one - and in it went.
Defence wise - Dunne alongside Dickie and Barbet were ok.
Yes a few heartaches but nothing to worry about.
That half hour spell was the Rangers we love from the second half of last season and the start of this one.
Yes Blackburn are not Fulham, Bournemouth or West Brom but this was our third win in four matches.
A confidence boost and a win at lowly Peterborough on Saturday will be the icing on the cake.
Go on then - Rovers Match Thread on 21:54 - Oct 19 with 1847 viewsSuperhoops2808

Always said Pinner should have got another go... He's been on the bench for far too long
Go on then - Rovers Match Thread on 21:57 - Oct 19 with 1782 viewsGreenbay

Go on then - Rovers Match Thread on 21:54 - Oct 19 by Greenbay

FT REPORT
Man of the match - without a doubt Uncle Albert.
Chair - cracker of a goal - 7 minutes from time.
27 straight matches - we've scored - remarkable.
A clean sheet!!
Up 3 places to fifth - before Wednesday's games.
Good second half substitutions - Amos for Dozzell, then later Charlie for Uncle.
But what happened in the first 55 minutes?
It was worse than turgid.
We were slow, cumbersome, giving the ball away.
Both sides were playing out a stale chess match.
All the pieces gone on the board and a draw agreed.
Entertainment in the rain - definitely not.
Then as if someone had flicked on a light switch the whole team and especially Uncle - came to life.
Someone had put extra batteries into the galloping veteran.
He fairly sprinted up and down the right flank - causing devastation in the Blackburn defence.
What a player. And we're all pleased for him.
We missed so many chances before Chair decided to crack one - and in it went.
Defence wise - Dunne alongside Dickie and Barbet were ok.
Yes a few heartaches but nothing to worry about.
That half hour spell was the Rangers we love from the second half of last season and the start of this one.
Yes Blackburn are not Fulham, Bournemouth or West Brom but this was our third win in four matches.
A confidence boost and a win at lowly Peterborough on Saturday will be the icing on the cake.

Oops - Charlie for Ball, Kakay for Uncle.
Go on then - Rovers Match Thread on 21:59 - Oct 19 with 1744 viewsMalintabuk

As bad as the first half was the second one was much better and a ground out victory after a shellacking on Saturday showed real character again... ..
Great half by the Uncs and I don't think I have seen many players get such a send off not just from the fans but half the team ran over to him as well..... he must be really popular
We keeping tabs on the top 6 and after this month run of games playing the best 3 teams in the division on their grounds still to be in that top 6 is pretty good. Would have been nice not to have lost all 3 but just proves the division of the league
So well done the Rs, definitely the old cliche of a game of 2 halves
Go on then - Rovers Match Thread on 22:01 - Oct 19 with 1692 viewsMick_S

Go on then - Rovers Match Thread on 21:59 - Oct 19 by Malintabuk

As bad as the first half was the second one was much better and a ground out victory after a shellacking on Saturday showed real character again... ..
Great half by the Uncs and I don't think I have seen many players get such a send off not just from the fans but half the team ran over to him as well..... he must be really popular
We keeping tabs on the top 6 and after this month run of games playing the best 3 teams in the division on their grounds still to be in that top 6 is pretty good. Would have been nice not to have lost all 3 but just proves the division of the league
So well done the Rs, definitely the old cliche of a game of 2 halves

Clapped off the pitch by our players. You don’t see that too often.

Go on then - Rovers Match Thread on 22:03 - Oct 19 with 1670 viewsDWQPR

Go on then - Rovers Match Thread on 21:48 - Oct 19 by ericgen34

Great win! Laboured but kept going and in the end we were the only team in it

Blackburn, very dislikable team, and then they bring on johnson

Referee, terrible, lakes you wonder if he's a blackburn fan or hates us

Adomah my MOTM

Just on the tube back to Euston and to be honest Blackburn are nothing like Preston. The time wasting once Rangers took control in the second half was quickly stamped out by the ref, gave the keeper one warning and from then on he was ok with the goal kicks. Thought the ref was one of the better ones we’ve had this season. Couple of bookings for throwing the ball away for them where many a ref this season would have given a warning. Much better than the idiot we had on Saturday.

Albert was definitely MOTM tonight. A huge improvement on Adebajo. And so is Kakay for that matter. Good to see Amos put in a good half an hour and to be honest we looked a lot tighter at the back tonight for many a match, whether that was to do with Johanson not playing or not?

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Go on then - Rovers Match Thread on 22:07 - Oct 19 with 1597 viewsPaddyhoops

The thing about us is if we get a clean sheet you know where going to win. More of those and top six spot is ours!!
Go on then - Rovers Match Thread on 22:07 - Oct 19 with 1586 viewsMalintabuk

Go on then - Rovers Match Thread on 22:03 - Oct 19 by DWQPR

Just on the tube back to Euston and to be honest Blackburn are nothing like Preston. The time wasting once Rangers took control in the second half was quickly stamped out by the ref, gave the keeper one warning and from then on he was ok with the goal kicks. Thought the ref was one of the better ones we’ve had this season. Couple of bookings for throwing the ball away for them where many a ref this season would have given a warning. Much better than the idiot we had on Saturday.

Albert was definitely MOTM tonight. A huge improvement on Adebajo. And so is Kakay for that matter. Good to see Amos put in a good half an hour and to be honest we looked a lot tighter at the back tonight for many a match, whether that was to do with Johanson not playing or not?

Good shout about the ref I thought he was good as well.
He did clamp down early on the time wasting and though there weren't too many controversial decisions needing making refed it well.
Very lenient with Austin again and their full back. I was in SA Road but it looked like Chaz was clashing heads.... that is twice he as got away with this
Go on then - Rovers Match Thread on 22:07 - Oct 19 with 1578 viewsslmrstid

Just leaving, as said by others a very pedestrian first half by both teams, felt like walking football.

Same at the start of the second half, we looked bereft, until that is we started getting Albert on the ball. The guy lit up the game and was absolutely electric.

Felt for Dozzell coming off as I thought he did well, but in fairness I thought Amos was better.

Did get the impression it would end up taking something special to win it and Chair delivered!

Deserved and hard fought win, Blackburn never threatened much other than Barbet hitting the post for them which was a let off.

My gripe for the night though is those fans refusing to give the ball back and throwing it among themselves, cretinous and embarrassing in my view. Really dont want to see it, and glad our players went over telling them to give it back.

Otherwise, great night and I now have the home and away 95/96 retro shirts in adult size, with the original versions that fitted 6 year old me safely stored away at home.
Go on then - Rovers Match Thread on 22:19 - Oct 19 with 1411 viewsderbyhoop

Just about did enough in the last 30 minutes to deserve it.
Resilience will get us top 6, if quality doesn't.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Go on then - Rovers Match Thread on 22:20 - Oct 19 with 1398 viewsBazzeR

Albert capitalised on their make shift L/B

The players in first half kept a very rigid shape which resulted in next to no real press on the opposition players.

The fans holding onto the ball leaves a sour taste.
Go on then - Rovers Match Thread on 22:21 - Oct 19 with 1378 viewsSteveB

Go on then - Rovers Match Thread on 22:07 - Oct 19 by Malintabuk

Good shout about the ref I thought he was good as well.
He did clamp down early on the time wasting and though there weren't too many controversial decisions needing making refed it well.
Very lenient with Austin again and their full back. I was in SA Road but it looked like Chaz was clashing heads.... that is twice he as got away with this

The Blackburn player had a swipe at Charlie, slapped him on the neck. You can't raise your hands like that. Charlie was always going to react to that provocation. I don't blame him. Ref should have booked the Blackburn player.
Go on then - Rovers Match Thread on 22:23 - Oct 19 with 1343 viewsdavman

Great goal in a really drab game.

Second half Albert awesome, clear MoM.

Love him, but Dom Ball needs to be taken out for a few games. Second game on the trot he looked well out of sorts. Awful awareness, abysmal ball retention and he could have easily cost us.

Good to win a battle of attrition and to keep a clean sheet.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024