Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Appeal for witnesses 15:58 - Nov 20 with 16979 viewsHadders

I know it's mentioned on at least one other thread, but perhaps this appeal for witnesses could be stuck to the top of the forum so that it gets seen by everyone coming on here. I suggest we hold back speculation about what happened and just hope that the man pulls through and justice is done. https://news.met.police.uk/news/seriously-injured-man-found-after-qpr-v-luton-ma
[Post edited 20 Nov 2021 18:59]
Appeal for witnesses on 16:18 - Nov 20 with 9445 viewsdavman

Christ, how are they going to cut through this.

Every Luton Fan: "He was just stood there minding his own business when this mob of Rangers fans attacked him unprovoked".

Every Rangers fan: "He was acting like a complete nutjob, throwing abuse out at everyone including kids and threw punches at a number of people, who eventually had enough and had to defend themselves; he slipped as he was off his nut and banged his head".

Utter, utter bowlocks as this will now tarnish the fixture, which is one I will be avoiding from now on. So happy we drove up last night and parked in the opposite direction from all the stations.

Hope they get every little scrote on both sides and ban them forever. We don't want them. This includes the psd up / drugged up masked bell end who walked backwards on to my son when we were kettled by the Met at the top of Bloemfontain Rd and then decided to throw his pint over the crowd and the police. Prick.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Appeal for witnesses on 16:51 - Nov 20 with 9250 viewsBoston

Appeal for witnesses on 16:18 - Nov 20 by davman

Christ, how are they going to cut through this.

Every Luton Fan: "He was just stood there minding his own business when this mob of Rangers fans attacked him unprovoked".

Every Rangers fan: "He was acting like a complete nutjob, throwing abuse out at everyone including kids and threw punches at a number of people, who eventually had enough and had to defend themselves; he slipped as he was off his nut and banged his head".

Utter, utter bowlocks as this will now tarnish the fixture, which is one I will be avoiding from now on. So happy we drove up last night and parked in the opposite direction from all the stations.

Hope they get every little scrote on both sides and ban them forever. We don't want them. This includes the psd up / drugged up masked bell end who walked backwards on to my son when we were kettled by the Met at the top of Bloemfontain Rd and then decided to throw his pint over the crowd and the police. Prick.

There’s video of the man behaving in a rather ungentlemanly fashion.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Appeal for witnesses on 17:20 - Nov 20 with 9030 viewsMyke

How did it even happen - I thought the place was packed full of police?
Appeal for witnesses on 17:47 - Nov 20 with 8919 viewsnix

Appeal for witnesses on 17:20 - Nov 20 by Myke

How did it even happen - I thought the place was packed full of police?

It was but if you look at the footage on the other thread, the police looked like they were getting quite a bashing.

Also if the incident that injured this bloke happened in Uxbridge Road I'm not sure how many police were actually stationed there.
Appeal for witnesses on 18:55 - Nov 20 with 8596 viewsHarbour

Thoughts and prayers for the man injured let’s hope he makes a full recovery.
Appeal for witnesses on 18:59 - Nov 20 with 8549 viewsMyke

Appeal for witnesses on 17:47 - Nov 20 by nix

It was but if you look at the footage on the other thread, the police looked like they were getting quite a bashing.

Also if the incident that injured this bloke happened in Uxbridge Road I'm not sure how many police were actually stationed there.

Cheers Nix. Excuse my naivety as someone far removed, but was Luton always a problem game? I knew Milwall was, but didn't realise Luton fell into the same category. And what's it like going to their place (apart from the ancient ground I mean)?
Appeal for witnesses on 19:10 - Nov 20 with 8486 viewscolinallcars

Appeal for witnesses on 18:59 - Nov 20 by Myke

Cheers Nix. Excuse my naivety as someone far removed, but was Luton always a problem game? I knew Milwall was, but didn't realise Luton fell into the same category. And what's it like going to their place (apart from the ancient ground I mean)?

A Rangers fan was stabbed and nearly died at Luton many years back, I guess that's a lot to do with it.
[Post edited 20 Nov 2021 19:16]
Appeal for witnesses on 19:15 - Nov 20 with 8461 viewsBruno4England

It arguable that Luton are our biggest rivals as its mutual and everyone we hate doesn't care about us and the only team who hates us except for them is Brentford and its one sided. The biggest moments in the Luton rivalry was the FA Cup match in 1987 and the St Pancras battle later that year. However, it had already been a consistently violent match for a number years and was boiling before '87.

It's also very arguable that QPR vs Luton is the most violent fixture in English football because of the amount of serious trouble at most fixtures. Some may point to Millwall vs West Ham but significant trouble at those matches is few and far between due to the policing.

Kenilworth Road in the 80s was trouble for any QPR fan regardless of whether they were there for a fight or not. It was the same for any Luton fan at Loftus Road too during the same period. Things did get better for 'scarfers' and they seldom get caught up with the trouble at those matches now but it's safe to say that the next few years against Luton have the potential to return to previous levels.
Login to get fewer ads

Appeal for witnesses on 19:16 - Nov 20 with 8443 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Yes, Myke.

Going back to the 80's.
Some truly horrific stuff from them including a little QPR-supporting girl getting her face cut up, the aftermath of which I witnessed.

I've been learning since that some QPR fans were far from blameless over the same years.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Appeal for witnesses on 19:18 - Nov 20 with 8425 viewsBruno4England

Appeal for witnesses on 19:16 - Nov 20 by BrianMcCarthy

Yes, Myke.

Going back to the 80's.
Some truly horrific stuff from them including a little QPR-supporting girl getting her face cut up, the aftermath of which I witnessed.

I've been learning since that some QPR fans were far from blameless over the same years.

A famous face who passed away in 2021 was banned for attempting to throw a Luton fan off the top tier of the SAR in 1986... 3 years ban. Staggering.
[Post edited 20 Nov 2021 19:20]
Appeal for witnesses on 19:21 - Nov 20 with 8397 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Appeal for witnesses on 19:15 - Nov 20 by Bruno4England

It arguable that Luton are our biggest rivals as its mutual and everyone we hate doesn't care about us and the only team who hates us except for them is Brentford and its one sided. The biggest moments in the Luton rivalry was the FA Cup match in 1987 and the St Pancras battle later that year. However, it had already been a consistently violent match for a number years and was boiling before '87.

It's also very arguable that QPR vs Luton is the most violent fixture in English football because of the amount of serious trouble at most fixtures. Some may point to Millwall vs West Ham but significant trouble at those matches is few and far between due to the policing.

Kenilworth Road in the 80s was trouble for any QPR fan regardless of whether they were there for a fight or not. It was the same for any Luton fan at Loftus Road too during the same period. Things did get better for 'scarfers' and they seldom get caught up with the trouble at those matches now but it's safe to say that the next few years against Luton have the potential to return to previous levels.

It's only a rivalry for some filthy, violent people. On either side.
Most of my Rangers friends, in fact all of them, care not a jot about Luton.

Appeal for witnesses on 19:22 - Nov 20 with 8383 viewsBruno4England

Appeal for witnesses on 19:21 - Nov 20 by BrianMcCarthy

I'd be wondering how many times they saw us play at Kenilworth Road in the 80s to be honest. When you didn't have to be involved to be attacked its hard to not form a hatred of them.
Appeal for witnesses on 19:24 - Nov 20 with 8366 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Appeal for witnesses on 19:18 - Nov 20 by Bruno4England

A famous face who passed away in 2021 was banned for attempting to throw a Luton fan off the top tier of the SAR in 1986... 3 years ban. Staggering.
[Post edited 20 Nov 2021 19:20]

Can I ask, Bruno - what do you find staggering about that?

Appeal for witnesses on 19:29 - Nov 20 with 8327 viewsManinBlack

I know quite a few Luton fans and I think I get on well with them whenever our paths cross in my travels. I don't have a bad word to say about them they have been as friendly to me as any Rangers follower.

Anyway I hope this man recovers.
Appeal for witnesses on 19:29 - Nov 20 with 8331 viewsBruno4England

Appeal for witnesses on 19:24 - Nov 20 by BrianMcCarthy

Can I ask, Bruno - what do you find staggering about that?

How short the ban was... Nowadays itd be life ban and possible attempted murder charges.

The Police and courts helped prolonge that dark period.
Appeal for witnesses on 19:37 - Nov 20 with 8247 viewsRangersw12

Appeal for witnesses on 19:21 - Nov 20 by BrianMcCarthy

Where's everyone I know from all ages absolutely hate Luton and none are violent

Maybe it's because we actually go to games and not sit in an ivory tower virtue signaling in Ireland
Appeal for witnesses on 19:40 - Nov 20 with 8192 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Appeal for witnesses on 19:29 - Nov 20 by Bruno4England

How short the ban was... Nowadays itd be life ban and possible attempted murder charges.

The Police and courts helped prolonge that dark period.

Agreed. Completely.
Sorry, Bruno. Just had to clarify.

Appeal for witnesses on 19:41 - Nov 20 with 8191 viewsboysfromthebush

Appeal for witnesses on 19:37 - Nov 20 by Rangersw12

Where's everyone I know from all ages absolutely hate Luton and none are violent

Maybe it's because we actually go to games and not sit in an ivory tower virtue signaling in Ireland

Seconded. According to some on here if you hate Luton you're automatically violent now Zzzz
Appeal for witnesses on 19:43 - Nov 20 with 8145 viewsdigswellhoop

WELL SAID HOPE WHO EVER DID THUS ROT IN HELL
Appeal for witnesses on 19:45 - Nov 20 with 8102 viewsdigswellhoop

so that make friday ok then dont think so
Appeal for witnesses on 19:45 - Nov 20 with 8101 viewsBruno4England

Appeal for witnesses on 19:41 - Nov 20 by boysfromthebush

Seconded. According to some on here if you hate Luton you're automatically violent now Zzzz

My missus could beat me up so I'm definitely not cut out for fighting at football but I hate them with a passion.

Don't like to see people get hurt even if they were here for a ruck but hate their fans and club more than I do Chelsea, Brentford, Fulham,. Cardiff which, to me, are rivalries only in heads or, as I read someone say earlier, only exist in songs.
Appeal for witnesses on 19:45 - Nov 20 with 8097 viewsdanehoop

I find the whole concept of "hating Luton" mildly ridiculous as I find all football violence abhorrent and completely unnecessary. Its a game of football, anything else is stupid. Hope this guy gets well and some people maybe learn a lesson from it of how pointless this nonsense is.

Never knowingly understood

Appeal for witnesses on 19:52 - Nov 20 with 8008 viewsBruno4England

Appeal for witnesses on 19:45 - Nov 20 by danehoop

I find the whole concept of "hating Luton" mildly ridiculous as I find all football violence abhorrent and completely unnecessary. Its a game of football, anything else is stupid. Hope this guy gets well and some people maybe learn a lesson from it of how pointless this nonsense is.

Agree with the mindless and pointless aspects of it but you'll struggle to convince many people who attended the fixture in the 80s not to hate the other. As many have said and will continue to say over the next few days, weeks and months before we play them again, everyone was a target and that creates hate.
Appeal for witnesses on 19:53 - Nov 20 with 7977 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Appeal for witnesses on 19:37 - Nov 20 by Rangersw12

You misunderstood my post. Maybe it was my fault. My point was that the Luton rivalry is not on the pitch, it's between thugs.

I was born in England, born a Rangers fan, brought up in Ireland, moved back to England in '85. I now - as you point out - live in Ireland.

I lived in England during all the years that the Luton rivalry started and was at its height. I was a season ticket holder every year I lived there and I rarely missed an away game. I never missed a Luton trip.

In the years that mattered I also became a Luton member so, like many other Rangers fans, I could beat the away ban. I went to every Luton away game, ban or not, and on one occasion I saw a ten-year old girl's face after it was carved up by Luton fans.

I've been to games.
I go to games.
Virtue Signalling? I have no idea what that phrase means.

Edit - just reread my original post. It was badly worded. Apologies.
[Post edited 20 Nov 2021 19:58]

Appeal for witnesses on 19:54 - Nov 20 with 7970 viewsdaveB

Appeal for witnesses on 19:45 - Nov 20 by danehoop

I hate Luton, goes back years for countless experiences against them, that doesn't translate into i want to fight their supporters though, far from it
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024