Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is this site becoming too woke? 17:01 - Jan 25 with 16820 viewsknocker

Too many snowflakes?
Is this site becoming too woke? on 17:07 - Jan 25 with 6275 viewsdaveB

I'm deeply offended by that comment
Is this site becoming too woke? on 17:13 - Jan 25 with 6223 viewskensalriser

There are definitely too many antagonistic knobs trying to start fights.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Is this site becoming too woke? (n/t) on 17:14 - Jan 25 with 6209 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

[Post edited 25 Jan 2022 17:40]
Is this site becoming too woke? on 17:14 - Jan 25 with 6220 viewsCiderwithRsie

Ah come on now.

Thread hidden for me from now on.
Is this site becoming too woke? on 17:32 - Jan 25 with 6109 viewsloftboy

Nope , is the short answer, it has a wide range of QPR fans , Clive has to be careful with what’s posted as he’s legally responsible for it.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Is this site becoming too woke? on 17:33 - Jan 25 with 6095 viewsEastR

just to bring this back to a football theme, this thread, like the assault on Barbet, is deserving of at least a yellow card

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Is this site becoming too woke? on 17:35 - Jan 25 with 6078 viewswortonranger

For goodness sake. Stick to what we have in common and please don’t insult your fellow R’s. Keep politics and prejudice we’ll away from here.
Is this site becoming too woke? on 17:46 - Jan 25 with 5908 viewsSheffieldHoop

Is this site becoming too woke? on 17:13 - Jan 25 by kensalriser

There are definitely too many antagonistic knobs trying to start fights.

Posted without any hint of irony

"Someone despises me. That's their problem." Marcus Aurelius

Login to get fewer ads

Is this site becoming too woke? on 17:55 - Jan 25 with 5917 viewsBoston

OK, I confess to being awake(usually), when using this board.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Is this site becoming too woke? on 18:17 - Jan 25 with 5769 viewsStainrod

Always amazes me how many posters come onto a football forum and are horrified when they discover that there are other people who support the same football team who happen to have different opinions. A lot of people out there must only mix with people who only echo their own opinions.

I have friends with very varied opinions - does everyone good to be challenged. Will debate with anyone as long as they aren't racist or deliberately unpleasant.

You complain about "woke" posters someone else could start a thread complaining about bigoted posters.

Lets just focus on the football.
Is this site becoming too woke? on 18:40 - Jan 25 with 5648 viewsBakes

How dare you assume my gender

With Faith And Courage Comes Glory

Is this site becoming too woke? on 18:46 - Jan 25 with 5603 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Is this site becoming too woke? on 18:17 - Jan 25 by Stainrod

Always amazes me how many posters come onto a football forum and are horrified when they discover that there are other people who support the same football team who happen to have different opinions. A lot of people out there must only mix with people who only echo their own opinions.

I have friends with very varied opinions - does everyone good to be challenged. Will debate with anyone as long as they aren't racist or deliberately unpleasant.

You complain about "woke" posters someone else could start a thread complaining about bigoted posters.

Lets just focus on the football.

Apologies, error.
[Post edited 25 Jan 2022 18:53]
Is this site becoming too woke? on 18:46 - Jan 25 with 5615 viewsDavieQPR

Someone's bored.
Is this site becoming too woke? on 18:54 - Jan 25 with 5569 viewsJPC

I was accused of writing the most woke post in 10 years. I treated it as a compliment
Is this site becoming too woke? on 18:59 - Jan 25 with 5543 viewsSunnyVanGo

I had to look it up.

woke
verb
past of wake1.
adjectiveINFORMAL-US
alert to injustice in society, especially racism.
"we need to stay angry, and stay woke"
Is this site becoming too woke? on 22:45 - Jan 25 with 5172 viewsSharpy36

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/forum/

A wide range of threads covering many of todays issues. No where to be seen on LFW, all hosted on the same MB network ?

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

Is this site becoming too woke? on 23:02 - Jan 25 with 5076 viewsLowerloftLad

This was my safe space.

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Is this site becoming too woke? on 09:34 - Jan 26 with 4714 viewsNorthernr

Is this site becoming too woke? on 22:45 - Jan 25 by Sharpy36

A wide range of threads covering many of todays issues. No where to be seen on LFW, all hosted on the same MB network ?

Has also had so many issues that you now can't post on it without having your registration pre-approved by the site editor. Your FansNetwork log in won't work there, you'll get this message at the top of your screen "You have been temporarily logged out. This section of the network manually approves contributors so you need to login or register an account specifically for this section." Doesn't that sound absolutely wonderful?

Look, all I can do is try my best, run it how I see fit, people who like it will like it, and people who don't have lots of other places to play on the internet. There's at least four other message boards dedicated to QPR for a start.
Is this site becoming too woke? on 09:40 - Jan 26 with 4662 viewstoboboly

To the OP, Fantasy Island may be more your thing.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Is this site becoming too woke? on 10:41 - Jan 26 with 4551 viewsslmrstid

Out of curiosity, I've just had a look at some of the non-football threads on the Swansea site, and they are every bit as tedious and full of off-topic trolling as the very worst of those on this site have been.

So LFW wins for me.

Also its about QPR.
Is this site becoming too woke? on 10:48 - Jan 26 with 4521 viewsPinnerPaul

Is this site becoming too woke? on 17:07 - Jan 25 by daveB

I'm deeply offended by that comment

If I knew what woke meant, I might be offended as well!
Is this site becoming too woke? on 10:50 - Jan 26 with 4494 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Is this site becoming too woke? on 10:41 - Jan 26 by slmrstid

Out of curiosity, I've just had a look at some of the non-football threads on the Swansea site, and they are every bit as tedious and full of off-topic trolling as the very worst of those on this site have been.

So LFW wins for me.

Also its about QPR.

An edited highlight:

'The American people will be so angry with these arseholes that there will be at minimum, life sentences for prominent Democrats. I reckon we might see some swinging from lamp posts or battered to death in the street like Gadaffi. Then some Left wing nut jobs in this country can start sweating'

Charming!
Is this site becoming too woke? on 10:54 - Jan 26 with 4473 viewsPinnerPaul

Is this site becoming too woke? on 09:34 - Jan 26 by Northernr

Has also had so many issues that you now can't post on it without having your registration pre-approved by the site editor. Your FansNetwork log in won't work there, you'll get this message at the top of your screen "You have been temporarily logged out. This section of the network manually approves contributors so you need to login or register an account specifically for this section." Doesn't that sound absolutely wonderful?

Look, all I can do is try my best, run it how I see fit, people who like it will like it, and people who don't have lots of other places to play on the internet. There's at least four other message boards dedicated to QPR for a start.

Indeed.

If you want to discuss politics, covid, climate change, the weather etc etc etc, there are plenty of sites to go on and get worked up about all that lot!

Football is supposed to be about enjoyment folks, seems very odd to me that you would complain that there are not enough opportunities to discuss non football topics on a erm.........................football website?

For the 2nd time this morning I'm writing....bizarre - there's that told you all!
Is this site becoming too woke? on 10:57 - Jan 26 with 4451 viewsStreathamRanger

Is this site becoming too woke? on 22:45 - Jan 25 by Sharpy36

I've often wondered what the dark web looked like.
Is this site becoming too woke? on 11:07 - Jan 26 with 4408 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Is this site becoming too woke? on 10:54 - Jan 26 by PinnerPaul

Indeed.

If you want to discuss politics, covid, climate change, the weather etc etc etc, there are plenty of sites to go on and get worked up about all that lot!

Football is supposed to be about enjoyment folks, seems very odd to me that you would complain that there are not enough opportunities to discuss non football topics on a erm.........................football website?

For the 2nd time this morning I'm writing....bizarre - there's that told you all!

Strictly Football only posters and Strictly non football posters can have their cake and eat it by just using the ignore poster / ignore thread buttons.

But we won't will we because let's be honest lots of us are titillated by conflict. I know I am.

Look how many views this thread has got (including from me) even though it's very obviously a bad faith fishing expedition.

I'm on here far too much, usually at my employers expense, but I know ultimately it's my responsibility to leave or ignore.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024