Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Deing 11:49 - Mar 4 with 8760 viewsdaveB

Deing is still out tomorrow so Marshall to play.
Dykes back in training

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-boss-gives-updates-on-dieng-and-dykes-ah
Deing on 16:28 - Mar 4 with 2577 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Deing on 16:14 - Mar 4 by Myke

Can't agree at all with you on this one Brian. Hendrick has played more forward passes in the short time he is with us than the other midfielders put together - and he does so QUICKLY. Possibly too quickly for our (non-striking) strikers who are caught on the back foot. He should have at least two assists already if the chances hadn't been spurned. In my view, he is having exactly the same effect has Steph had this time last year - the only difference is the team collectively are out of form (instead of coming into form) and Steph had hot strikers to supply (Austin and Dykes), whereas Hendrick has out of form/disinterested players in front of him. I do agree with Clive though, we can't play both together.

Fair enough. I saw the opposite to that in the Blackburn game, though I agreed a couple of weeks ago (maybe with you) that he had initially brought a raise in tempo.

Vive la difference.

Edit - sp. check!
[Post edited 4 Mar 2022 16:29]

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Deing on 16:38 - Mar 4 with 2517 viewsdmm

I think I'd like to see us return to the formation and patterns of play that got us success earlier in the season. One up top, Willock and Chair behind, Field and Johansen as CMs, Wallace and Adomah as wingbacks, usual back 3.

Make those sexy triangles up the pitch going again to get behind the defence and have players arriving late in the box.
Deing on 16:58 - Mar 4 with 2457 viewsderbyhoop

Deing on 12:21 - Mar 4 by bosh67

Dykes ‘out on the grass yesterday’ - At least he'll be quite relaxed for tomorrow then!

May need snacks at HT

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Deing on 17:31 - Mar 4 with 2397 viewsPhil_i_P_Daddy

Deing on 16:58 - Mar 4 by derbyhoop

May need snacks at HT

Give him Bonne’s Jaffa cakes.

Phil_i_P

Deing on 17:51 - Mar 4 with 2361 viewsAntti_Heinola

Deing on 14:28 - Mar 4 by Northernr

Hendrick plays well, obviously very good.

He has created a problem though in that the midfield is often now too many cooks. If we're playing him you have to bite the bullet and say he can play with one other, probably Field, but not two more. Watching him and Johansen holding hands and doing the same job last week was painful. It's Hendrick or Johansen, not both, for me.

Dozzell I agree with the above, plays a nice pass but then doesn't go and move for the return or run beyond the ball to pose a threat.

Was going to say the same. Amos is not God's gift to the midfield, but he does offer something different to all our other midfielders - bit of pace, and some energy. Tomorrow, if Dykes is fit, though, I would expect:

Marshall
Dickie Dunne Barbet
wing backs up for grabs, but I'd expect Adomah and McCallum
Field Hendrick
Chair Willock
Dykes

If Dykes not fit, I think he'll persist with Chair and Willock up top, but bring in Amos for Stef or Jeff.

Bare bones.

Deing on 17:53 - Mar 4 with 2356 viewsAntti_Heinola

Deing on 15:42 - Mar 4 by Stanisgod

The strange thing is we were much better without Chair than we have been since he came back, but Hendrick gets all the stick.
Touch of Elliot Ness there I think.

We weren't. A week before the Reading game everyone was saying how much we missed him, but one 4-0 win later it was all about how we didn't need him. He's just about the only one to have scored since then.

Bare bones.

Deing on 18:07 - Mar 4 with 2313 viewsdaveB

Deing on 17:51 - Mar 4 by Antti_Heinola

Was going to say the same. Amos is not God's gift to the midfield, but he does offer something different to all our other midfielders - bit of pace, and some energy. Tomorrow, if Dykes is fit, though, I would expect:

Marshall
Dickie Dunne Barbet
wing backs up for grabs, but I'd expect Adomah and McCallum
Field Hendrick
Chair Willock
Dykes

If Dykes not fit, I think he'll persist with Chair and Willock up top, but bring in Amos for Stef or Jeff.

I think he has to start a forward tomorrow, if Dykes isn't fit I'd go with Austin with Gray coming off the bench.
Deing on 18:32 - Mar 4 with 2264 viewsfrancisbowles

Deing on 16:15 - Mar 4 by GeorgeKulscar

Difficulty with that is the all of sudden we have him Willock Chair and whichever 'striker' is available all trying to get forward. Then when we lose the ball they are through our midfield and running at our defense. That was part of how we played in the first half of the season and were trying to outscore other teams.

Warburton has a difficult job in balancing this team, not convinced that he knows his best 11, and a real key issue at this stage of the season is that whichever striker we seem to play does not make enough of an impact on the game, especially with Austin and Gray. Getting that loan signing wrong (not the fault of the club at all) may cost us this season, just to think we could have had a signing as effective as Wells or Hugill instead of Gray. One of those in this team this season would have made a great difference

Gray 5 has as many goals this season as Hugill 3 and Wells 2 combined!
Login to get fewer ads

Deing on 19:10 - Mar 4 with 2199 viewsGeorgeKulscar

I'd swap Gray for Hugill in an instant. He'd be a great foil for Illy and Willy.

My point more is that those two loan signings were hungry and put effort in. We really could have done with one like them this season, not Gray who seems to be becoming less and less interested, cant even get into the starting XI when there's literally no other fit strikers. It's a shame because he's clearly got talent and looks very effective at this level when putting in some effort.
Deing on 20:00 - Mar 4 with 2136 viewsnix

Whoever plays, our main issue is we're not moving the ball quickly enough and we're not getting the ball into the box and backing up whoever is acting as a forward. You need someone to split the defence in the way CA used to but is struggling with for whatever reason. When Dykes is playing, he does take at least two defenders but then there's no one else there to use the space created.

Baffled why this is as Warbs regularly says in interviews that he's asking the team to do this and whenever they show a video of the squad training, is always about fast passing and moving the ball forward.

I wonder if the pressure of being in the top six for so long and being the target of so many teams has made them afraid of making mistakes rather than excited about capitalising.
Deing on 20:14 - Mar 4 with 2104 viewsgolborne

And back to topic - I thought Marshall did ok in Seny’s absence, but was not as impressed as most on here, who were questioning should Seny be reinstated. His distribution isn’t very good and most seemed to not notice the odd rash swipe at the ball that he seemed to get away with. As I say, we and he did ok and he was decent back up. The calamity gods were not with him last week and just hope that doesn’t rock his confidence. If he’d gone with one hand, as Seny did several times in the first half, he simply palms it over but clapping at it like a drunk man at a Phil Collins concert is pretty poor. And the fact that he didn’t know the shot was coming..their player tried to tell the whole stadium “if this goes in I meant it” with his continual chest out and blowing of the cheeks as per ronaldo- anyway, I can’t wait to get my Seny back, but wish the good servant Marshall all the best for tomorrow.
Deing on 21:08 - Mar 4 with 2032 viewsMyke

Deing on 20:00 - Mar 4 by nix

Whoever plays, our main issue is we're not moving the ball quickly enough and we're not getting the ball into the box and backing up whoever is acting as a forward. You need someone to split the defence in the way CA used to but is struggling with for whatever reason. When Dykes is playing, he does take at least two defenders but then there's no one else there to use the space created.

Baffled why this is as Warbs regularly says in interviews that he's asking the team to do this and whenever they show a video of the squad training, is always about fast passing and moving the ball forward.

I wonder if the pressure of being in the top six for so long and being the target of so many teams has made them afraid of making mistakes rather than excited about capitalising.

I think your last sentence could be on the mark, Nix. Usually a successful team goes through various stages in a season - even Man City. Starting off, loads of free-flowing, sexy football and scoring plenty goals. By Christmas winning 'routinely' (2-0) . By February grinding out wins and by April it's all about 'getting over the line'
Trouble is, while we had some excellent performances and sexy football, we didn't have too many comfortable wins. Far more often is was draining comebacks, or late winners in tight games. So apart from the odd game, (Hull away and Reading home) we went pretty much from stage one to stage three. This is quite draining and if you add in the weight of expectation that becomes heavier with each passing game, it is not surprising that they have become more tentative and cautious.

One of the advantages of last season was, once we had pulled clear of the danger zone, we could relax and play without fear. Now we are anxious and afraid we are going to 'blow it' The problem with this, is it becomes self prophetic as nerves and anxiety, invariably lead to errors = missed chances at one end and conceded goals at the other.

I wish there was some way we could convey to them that we are immensely proud of what they have achieved this season already and to just relax and enjoy the rest of it and see where it takes us.
Also, whatever about their current form, it is vital that the players who have experienced the play-offs or promotion (Austin/Jeff/Steph/Grey) talk to the others and help settle them down.
Deing on 21:27 - Mar 4 with 1991 viewsnix

Yes, Myke. I wish they could be a bit more relaxed and channel the first few matches of the season rather than the last few matches.
Deing on 21:35 - Mar 4 with 1971 viewsBoston

Deing on 12:17 - Mar 4 by eastside_r

Dykes ‘out on the grass yesterday’ makes him sound like prize livestock.

Let's hope he chews the Cudiff.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Deing on 21:52 - Mar 4 with 1924 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Got to start Gray tomorrow; Charlie can come on with half an hour left. Hendrick is clearly a decent player but his signing has completely unbalanced the side, particularly with Warburton's recent propensity to play without a recognised striker. As mentioned above, there have been countless times where we've had three midfielders holding hands in the centre.
Deing on 22:24 - Mar 4 with 1886 viewsHunterhoop

Deing on 16:08 - Mar 4 by Northernr

I just want to see him further forward, getting in the box, posing a goal threat. That was one of the best things about him when he first got here.

Then you play him instead of Chair.
Deing on 22:25 - Mar 4 with 1881 viewsHunterhoop

Deing on 17:53 - Mar 4 by Antti_Heinola

We weren't. A week before the Reading game everyone was saying how much we missed him, but one 4-0 win later it was all about how we didn't need him. He's just about the only one to have scored since then.

We won 5 and drew 1 out of the six games he missed.
Deing on 22:38 - Mar 4 with 1855 viewsMyke

Deing on 16:15 - Mar 4 by toboboly

Totally understand where you are coming from but isn't this the same issue as Dieng/Marshall?

Shouldn't we be playing Dozzell? He is ours and we want to develop and sell him off. Hendrick can't be cheap but he isn't ours.

I feel the Hendrick signing is a short term option that has backfired.

I don't think 'Hendrick is not ours' (or indeed Marshall )is a legitimate argument. The fact that Grey is a loan is not the reason I am frustrated with him. It is because he is performing way below his best. It is generally agreed that Johanson, Austin, Field and Jorgi turned our season around for the second half of last season. Not just with their own performances, but with the way they galvanized and mentored the whole team. I don't recall anyone saying 'don't play them they are only loans.'. The reality is, all players are mercenaries nowadays, so there is no extra loyalty (even Adomah would leave for a better offer) for being 'one of our own' as opposed to being a loan. To them all is just work.
Deing on 02:57 - Mar 5 with 1738 viewsbob566

Got to start Hendricks. He'll only get better the more match fit he gets. He can pick a pass
Deing on 07:47 - Mar 5 with 1648 viewsdmm

Deing on 22:38 - Mar 4 by Myke

I don't think 'Hendrick is not ours' (or indeed Marshall )is a legitimate argument. The fact that Grey is a loan is not the reason I am frustrated with him. It is because he is performing way below his best. It is generally agreed that Johanson, Austin, Field and Jorgi turned our season around for the second half of last season. Not just with their own performances, but with the way they galvanized and mentored the whole team. I don't recall anyone saying 'don't play them they are only loans.'. The reality is, all players are mercenaries nowadays, so there is no extra loyalty (even Adomah would leave for a better offer) for being 'one of our own' as opposed to being a loan. To them all is just work.

Marshall signed on a perm to the end of the season.
Deing on 10:13 - Mar 5 with 1527 viewsWatford_Ranger

Deing on 02:57 - Mar 5 by bob566

Got to start Hendricks. He'll only get better the more match fit he gets. He can pick a pass

Maybe he can. I can’t say I’ve seen much evidence of it.
Deing on 10:33 - Mar 5 with 1497 viewsParkRoyalR

Deing on 10:13 - Mar 5 by Watford_Ranger

Maybe he can. I can’t say I’ve seen much evidence of it.

Yes but you could say this about Chair, he only has 1 pass in his repertoire, which is the cut-back to an overlapping Wallace / LWB, which I think he can still see out of the corner of his eye even with his head down.

Not loading up on Chair as brings huge work-rate, excellent set pieces and lots of possession in the final 3rd, but I would say I have seen more forward pass variation from Hendrick in 3 games than from Chair in 3 seasons.
Deing on 11:18 - Mar 5 with 1453 viewstoboboly

Deing on 22:38 - Mar 4 by Myke

Er, my point was that like the Dieng/Marshall argument earlier we cannot develop and sell off Hendrick. We can with Amos and Dozzell.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Deing on 15:01 - Mar 5 with 1386 viewsMyke

Deing on 11:18 - Mar 5 by toboboly

Er, my point was that like the Dieng/Marshall argument earlier we cannot develop and sell off Hendrick. We can with Amos and Dozzell.

I get what you are saying and agree with it from a long term perspective. I just think, similar to last season, you sometimes need a short-term fix to achieve your aims (play-offs this season, avoiding relegation last), while at the same time retaining tour overall long-term strategy of developing young players and selling them for a profit. I have no doubt, whatever division we are in, that Dozzell and Amos will be here and it is extremely unlikely that Hendricks will. Just at the moment, Warburton sees Hendrick's superior experience as necessary in getting us into the play-offs. Easy to argue that it hasn't worked based on recent results, but not sure that is down to Hendrick, more the team as a whole being below par.
Deing on 17:36 - Mar 5 with 1310 viewsWatford_Ranger

Questions have to be asked of the goalkeeper for both goals IMO. He’s outperformed expectations generally but that’s three avoidable goals in a row. Possibly being harsh with the FK but it’s his side and didn’t look right in the corner.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024