Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Glasto 2022 11:17 - Jun 10 with 11599 viewsSonofpugwash

Nope.Nothing to see here.Move along....

https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/line-up/line-up-2022/?stage

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Glasto 2022 on 10:05 - Jun 25 with 3078 viewsNed_Kennedys

Glasto 2022 on 11:28 - Jun 10 by aston_hoop

What a night

One of The Damned has covid so they have cancelled.

I used to go every year through the 90s & 00s and it was brilliant, much better in the 90s when it was edgy, far less health and safety and noise abatement.
Glasto 2022 on 13:08 - Jun 25 with 2927 viewsDorse

Glasto 2022 on 22:26 - Jun 24 by RamseyR

Watched some great sets on iPlayer tonight
Sleaford Mods
Wet Leg
Dry Cleaning
Bonobo
and new to me.... Khruangbin

Obsessed with Wet Leg and Dry Cleaning. Sleaford Mods - 'nuff said. Jason Williamson could read out the phonebook andcstill be worth listening to. Fcuking genius. Anyone who disagrees is clearly a Chelsea fan and probably wears threadbare nylon y-fronts.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Glasto 2022 on 22:23 - Jun 25 with 2806 viewsthame_hoops

Just watching now, waiting for Paul McCartney. Not sure on this Youngblood guy, he can’t decide if he’s English or American
Glasto 2022 on 23:09 - Jun 25 with 2734 viewsstevec

Showing his age on stage. If he does the frog song I’m going to bed.
Glasto 2022 on 23:13 - Jun 25 with 2725 viewsLblock

Is “McCartney Salisbury” a new colour by Farrow & Ball?

This is truly like watching paint dry

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Glasto 2022 on 23:24 - Jun 25 with 2713 viewsjoe90

Loving Dry Cleaners. Not heard them before.
Glasto 2022 on 23:33 - Jun 25 with 2694 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Glasto 2022 on 23:24 - Jun 25 by joe90

Yeh I like them. Haven't noticed much from them in a while. Quite looking forward to seeing it.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Glasto 2022 on 23:53 - Jun 25 with 2665 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

I'm not sure about the Phoebe Bridgers description on the BBC. "A vocal masterclass". Seems a bit ott. More like a wierd sing-a-long.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Login to get fewer ads

Glasto 2022 on 00:41 - Jun 26 with 2588 viewsNewBee

Regardless what you think of McCartney and tonight's set etc, it is seriously impressive that he can get first Dave Grohl, then Bruce Springsteen to make a guest appearance for him.

I can't imagine The Boss (esp) doing that for anyone else, esp if it needed a transatlantic flight to get him there.
Glasto 2022 on 00:42 - Jun 26 with 2582 viewsdistortR

Glasto 2022 on 00:41 - Jun 26 by NewBee

Regardless what you think of McCartney and tonight's set etc, it is seriously impressive that he can get first Dave Grohl, then Bruce Springsteen to make a guest appearance for him.

I can't imagine The Boss (esp) doing that for anyone else, esp if it needed a transatlantic flight to get him there.

yeah, but he's certainly relying on who he was, rather then who he is.
Glasto 2022 on 00:43 - Jun 26 with 2576 viewsNewBee

And right on cue, Macca's playing Brentford's anthem (written especially for the Bees, I should imagine)

"Better, better, better, better woaaaaaah...."
Glasto 2022 on 01:09 - Jun 26 with 2538 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Glasto 2022 on 00:41 - Jun 26 by NewBee

Bruce Springsteen and his loyal side kick Little Steven Van Zandt loved the Beatles from their first song until their last.It was a life long ambition of Bruce to play with Paul and when it finally happened in 2012 or 2013 the show ran late and the power was cut in London ( Hyde Park I think ) and Bruce was very upset .
They got back together the next night I think and a few times since including NY last week .
Bruce is rumoured to be adding Glasto to his 2023 tour
Glasto 2022 on 09:21 - Jun 26 with 2299 viewscolinallcars

Stap me vitals ! I'm far too old to know these people, although my great, great, great grandaughter did say there was someone called, oh er, Billie Eyelash on the other night who was quite good.
Glasto 2022 on 09:34 - Jun 26 with 2283 viewsPaddyhoops

Watching BBC breakfast. They interviewed Beatle's fan Steve Coogan as he watched Macca.
He commented that The Beatles had written 50 great songs whilst the Stones had only penned 8.
Can't say I agree with that.
Iconic though the Beatles were .
Is he saying there are only 8 great songs on, Beggars banquet, Sticky fingers, Exile, let it bleed. I could go on.
One man's soup is another man's medicine.
Personally the Stones and the Beatles are both genius in thier own way.
Glasto 2022 on 10:02 - Jun 26 with 2242 viewslightwaterhoop

Glasto 2022 on 09:34 - Jun 26 by Paddyhoops

Watching BBC breakfast. They interviewed Beatle's fan Steve Coogan as he watched Macca.
He commented that The Beatles had written 50 great songs whilst the Stones had only penned 8.
Is he saying there are only 8 great songs on, Beggars banquet, Sticky fingers, Exile, let it bleed. I could go on.

There's seven great songs on Sticky Fingers alone!
Glasto 2022 (n/t) on 10:18 - Jun 26 with 2192 viewsted_hendrix

Glasto 2022 on 09:34 - Jun 26 by Paddyhoops

I haven't watched the television since I don't know when, I last watched Glasto a few years ago but not for long, It was basically people sitting in a tent type studio thing talking about themselves and patting each other on the back for achieving absolutely nothing.
Coogan must have been having an Alan Partridge moment.
And my brother's back at home With his Beatles and his Stones.

I find it all processed junk tbh.

Ooh, a storm is threatening
My very life today
If I don't get some shelter
Ooh yeah I'm gonna fade away…
[Post edited 26 Jun 2022 10:30]

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Glasto 2022 on 11:19 - Jun 26 with 2089 viewsSonofpugwash

The Macca set was quite good despite his creaky vocals,difficult to mix in windy conditions.
Good set of backing musicians although there was a bit of a honker from the lead guitarist on the left.
Aside from the usual politics,tweren't a bad finale.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Glasto 2022 on 11:28 - Jun 26 with 2073 viewsstowmarketrange

Glasto 2022 on 15:16 - Jun 14 by hubble

I first went to Glastonbury (it wasn't called 'Glasto' then!) back in 1985 and went a further 9 times between then and 2007, which was my last. In that time I saw this crazy, amazing festival turn from something wonderful and sort of organic in its evolution, into something that was becoming increasingly corporate and controlled.

That last time I was there was shocked to see £2000 a weekend glamping airstreams with picket fences and 'VIP' area signs. That was kind of the last straw for me, as it was not in the Glastonbury spirit as I saw it.

At my first few Glastos the huge summer travelling community, moved on from Stonehenge by the police, arrived on mass and created almost a second festival, adjunct to the main one. I'd been to Stonehenge free festival in 1982 and it was incredible. Think of this, especially you younger readers on here: a completely free festival with well over 50,000 souls, that self-manged itself and provided stages, bands, food, drink and other... entertainments. It was absolutely brilliant. I saw Hawkind on Saturday night and on the Sunday morning - the solstice itself - we all gathered inside the stones to celebrate the longest day. The police kept a fairly respectful distance throughout and never once entered the festival site. This all changed because dear Maggie Thatcher didn't like that kind of freedom (did she), and worse still, some scousers had apparently sprayed LUFC on one of the stones. This was all the politicians needed to declare Stonehenge formally under the control of English Heritage, in a sense privatising soemthing that was - and still is - ancient and belonging to no one, but the people. Hence from 1985 onwards, everyone spilled over to Glastonbury instead, having been forced away from Stonehenge.

That first time I wentt I saw Ian Dury and the Blockheads headlinging on Saturday night, but it had been raining for two days and the mud was insane. In 1986 it was the Cure on Saturday night, who played to a backdrop of a lightning storm over the hills beyond the site - pure magic. In subsequent years I tended to avoid the main stages all together (the area was nicknamed Babylon), and ventured to all the alternative stuff instead. I think that's still good advice to this day: there's simply so much to see that's off the beaten track. In 2002 I came across a theatre actually undeground in the roots of a vast tree - believe it or not - that's the kind of stuff you might stumble upon if you go off-piste. Plus the comedy and alternative stages have brilliant acts.

If you're going this year, enjoy, I am kind of envious!

Those cheeky scousers making sure that Yorkshire got the blame by spraying LUFC instead of LFC.
Glasto 2022 on 17:41 - Jun 26 with 1865 viewshubble

Glasto 2022 on 11:28 - Jun 26 by stowmarketrange

Those cheeky scousers making sure that Yorkshire got the blame by spraying LUFC instead of LFC.

Cunning bustards those scousers!

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Glasto 2022 on 18:08 - Jun 26 with 1811 viewsslmrstid

I can't really be doing with the live coverage as all the studio waffle bores the pants off me - I want to see live music not listen to radio DJs waffle on.

So I'm iPlayering bits although they only seem to be uploading certain bits at a time. Watched Blossoms earlier and enjoyed that, watching Wolf Alice currently. I'm a big fan of Haim so I'm hoping they upload their full set at some point.
Glasto 2022 on 18:13 - Jun 26 with 1797 viewsRamseyR

Glasto 2022 on 23:24 - Jun 25 by joe90

A great live Dry Cleaning set on KEXP

Glasto 2022 on 18:49 - Jun 26 with 1742 viewsEsox_Lucius

I enjoyed Beabadoobee's performance yesterday, and Dry Cleaning.

The grass is always greener.

Glasto 2022 on 19:36 - Jun 26 with 1643 viewsdanehoop

Glasto 2022 on 18:49 - Jun 26 by Esox_Lucius

I enjoyed Beabadoobee's performance yesterday, and Dry Cleaning.

big fan of Beabadoobee, thought she did a really strong set. Think she has got the right blend on drawing on previous artists styles for inspiration and adding her own dynamic to make something interesting.

In a very different vein, I also enjoyed Joy Crooks set. Not bad for someone who only dropped their first album 6 months ago to be playing Glasto, she has something special about her too.

Never knowingly understood

Glasto 2022 on 20:06 - Jun 26 with 1592 viewsBostonR

Sam Fender and his band were on-point and sounded incredible. Surely not long before he headlines at Glastonbury.
Glasto 2022 on 20:07 - Jun 26 with 1590 viewsMick_S

Got the kids to red button Roisin Murphy from last night. Bonkers good and what a funky band with her. Tremendous stuff.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024