Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wasps 13:48 - Sep 22 with 6215 viewsTGRRRSSS

Appar3ently appointing an administrator but not in admin.

Mr Wright where are you>

Wasps on 14:05 - Sep 22 with 5041 viewsWokingR

You have to fear for Coventry and the likelihood of losing another ground all over again
Wasps on 14:55 - Sep 22 with 4924 viewsNewBee

Wasps on 14:05 - Sep 22 by WokingR

You have to fear for Coventry and the likelihood of losing another ground all over again

Possibly.

That siad, the stadium is still reasonably new, so the owners are hardly going to knock it down and build something else there, are they?

While if Wasps were to go under, that would give CCFC a stronger hand when it came to renting, or even acquiring, the stadium.

Meanwhile, I think it may be the adjoining Confernece and Events Centre on site which is the real money maker (unsure?), meaning the stadium could possibly be hived off separately?
[Post edited 22 Sep 2022 14:56]
Wasps on 15:49 - Sep 22 with 4853 viewsterryb

Is this possible? Surely that would make them an employee of the company?

Am I correct in thinking that Wasps owners are now the owners of the stadium? Or does an "Investment" company have that honour?
Wasps on 00:31 - Sep 24 with 4449 viewsLazyFan

Moving out of London worked well then

zzzzzzzzzz

Wasps on 10:18 - Sep 24 with 4271 viewsMedwayR

That stadium must be cursed!

Poll: Who’s better?

Wasps on 15:41 - Sep 24 with 4134 viewsNorthantsHoop

A stadium that holds 32,000, average attendance of around 6,000 in a city that does not seem to be a Rugby Union hotspot. The bigger teams in this area are Northampton Saints and Leicester Tigers but they are around 30 miles away and are well supported. Can remember when Wasps were at Sudbury Town.
Wasps on 17:04 - Sep 24 with 4073 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Wasps on 15:41 - Sep 24 by NorthantsHoop

A stadium that holds 32,000, average attendance of around 6,000 in a city that does not seem to be a Rugby Union hotspot. The bigger teams in this area are Northampton Saints and Leicester Tigers but they are around 30 miles away and are well supported. Can remember when Wasps were at Sudbury Town.

Coventry RFU used to be a big team in the amateur days and still play but still as amateurs. Wasps were never going to fill that stadium.
Wasps on 12:45 - Sep 25 with 3919 viewsCamberleyR

Should have stayed at Adams Park, that was plenty big enough.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Login to get fewer ads

Wasps on 14:12 - Oct 12 with 3643 viewsDWQPR

Just announced that they are withdrawing from their PL game this Saturday and going into administration. No tears shed from me. One of our darkest periods I reckon was with the inclusion of them into Loftus Road Plc. When we went our own ways it seemed to me that they walked away with the assets (Sudbury) and we got the debt which put us into administration.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Wasps on 14:59 - Oct 12 with 3537 viewsgobbles

Wasps on 14:12 - Oct 12 by DWQPR

Just announced that they are withdrawing from their PL game this Saturday and going into administration. No tears shed from me. One of our darkest periods I reckon was with the inclusion of them into Loftus Road Plc. When we went our own ways it seemed to me that they walked away with the assets (Sudbury) and we got the debt which put us into administration.

They walked away with the assets, which was the Twyford Avenue training ground. Sadly for Wright and co, they couldn't get planning permission to turn it into housing.
Wasps on 15:06 - Oct 12 with 3504 viewsBoston

Wasps on 15:41 - Sep 24 by NorthantsHoop

They didn't play in Sudbury Town, although it was an easy enough walk. Vale Farm is actually located in Wembley.

Though the history of Wembley Central station will tell you a lot about boundary changes. Started off as Sudbury, then Sudbury for Wembley, on to Wembley for Sudbury, then Wembley, finally Wembley Central.
[Post edited 12 Oct 2022 15:09]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Wasps on 15:14 - Oct 12 with 3478 viewsMrSheen

Wasps on 14:59 - Oct 12 by gobbles

They walked away with the assets, which was the Twyford Avenue training ground. Sadly for Wright and co, they couldn't get planning permission to turn it into housing.

Still the home of the amateurs and minis.
Wasps on 15:36 - Oct 12 with 3434 viewsDavieQPR

Wasps on 15:49 - Sep 22 by terryb

Is this possible? Surely that would make them an employee of the company?

Am I correct in thinking that Wasps owners are now the owners of the stadium? Or does an "Investment" company have that honour?

Wasps own the stadium. They bought the 50% the Council owned and then the rest from a charity. Coventry FC have a 10 year leasing agreement. Interesting that Mike Ashely is reportingly sniffing around the football club as he is well versed in the Admin game.
Wasps on 17:07 - Oct 12 with 3328 viewshantssi

Wasps on 15:06 - Oct 12 by Boston

They didn't play in Sudbury Town, although it was an easy enough walk. Vale Farm is actually located in Wembley.

Though the history of Wembley Central station will tell you a lot about boundary changes. Started off as Sudbury, then Sudbury for Wembley, on to Wembley for Sudbury, then Wembley, finally Wembley Central.
[Post edited 12 Oct 2022 15:09]

Used to play football at Vale Farm, their fans always used to stop by and watch on their way to games.
Also, they did REALLY good “gentlemen’s” evenings in their clubhouse!
Wasps on 18:28 - Oct 12 with 3252 viewsthemodfather

in rugby wasps are one of the big teams , so for them to go into admin is poor management and directorship,
moving from london to the midlands cannot helpeither, then again wright sold off their land years back, when we were in admin??
Wasps on 21:13 - Oct 12 with 3079 viewsdigswellhoop

aledgedly 3 more on way out
not a rich sponsorship game
big shme
Wasps on 22:07 - Oct 12 with 3001 viewsCiderwithRsie

Not that I care about rugby, but it's just a couple of weeks since Worcester went into admin.

That's two out of 13 premiership clubs gone, the whole thing starts to look bit shaky.
Wasps on 23:09 - Oct 12 with 2920 viewslightwaterhoop

Rugby Union should have stayed as an amatuer game as the sad fact is that its not a great spectator sport and even less now as the players are all much too beefed up.I spoke with a physio at one of the top clubs about three years ago and he said many of the players did'nt even like rugby and were just in it for the money and for the kudos it gave them on their tinder profiles!
[Post edited 12 Oct 2022 23:22]
Wasps on 00:13 - Oct 13 with 2850 viewsSydneyRs

Wasps on 23:09 - Oct 12 by lightwaterhoop

Rugby Union should have stayed as an amatuer game as the sad fact is that its not a great spectator sport and even less now as the players are all much too beefed up.I spoke with a physio at one of the top clubs about three years ago and he said many of the players did'nt even like rugby and were just in it for the money and for the kudos it gave them on their tinder profiles!

This. I used to like it but it has become unwatchable due to the ridiculous over officiating and constant stoppages. Referees seem to be the most prominent individuals in most games.
Wasps on 01:38 - Oct 13 with 2805 viewsBoston

Can't help but be reminded of the day's cattle were fed with Angel Dust.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Wasps on 09:22 - Oct 13 with 2630 viewsPhildo

I love rugby but its administrator's make FIFA look like geniuses. There is a terrible reckoning coming over the way they have dealt with concussion (badly) and the ability of the game to insure itself at some point.
Wasps on 09:33 - Oct 13 with 2583 viewsPlanetHonneywood

By that measure, many sports would all be consigned to the bin. After all, why would anyone watch American football which seems to take four hours to play one hour.

Rugby's problem it seems to me is simple: while Twickers bursts at the seams and some clubs have big followings, those in trouble many have over-reached themselves.

As for lots of rugby players purportedly not liking their job, well the same applies to many people, including footballers. As with anyone of us, we can but hope if your heart's not in it, that you're sufficiently professional to compensate.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Wasps on 09:57 - Oct 13 with 2527 viewslightwaterhoop

Wasps on 09:33 - Oct 13 by PlanetHonneywood

By that measure, many sports would all be consigned to the bin. After all, why would anyone watch American football which seems to take four hours to play one hour.

Rugby's problem it seems to me is simple: while Twickers bursts at the seams and some clubs have big followings, those in trouble many have over-reached themselves.

As for lots of rugby players purportedly not liking their job, well the same applies to many people, including footballers. As with anyone of us, we can but hope if your heart's not in it, that you're sufficiently professional to compensate.

Being amateur does'nt mean being consigned to the bin.Ireland does very well with their amateur GAA sports.American football has a huge following no matter how long the game lasts.

The phsyio i spoke with also strongly implied that many of his players were not that professional and that feigning injuries was one his worst problems.
Wasps on 10:56 - Oct 13 with 2444 viewsrobith

English club rugby has for too long been trying to compete with French money, though debt.

Servicing debt has catupaulted in price. Ergo their models are broken.

Sadly it will take the whole thing to come crashing down because historically the clubs had too much power, and could resist centralised models that have worked (Ireland, NZ, SA - Wales f**ked it by building their franchises in a way that ignored the existing strength of clubs. I mean merging Swansea and Neath and basing them in Swansea is like merging Rangers and Celtic and having them play in Ibrox)
Wasps on 11:17 - Oct 13 with 2408 viewsSonofpugwash

I can tell you share certificates don't make good toilet paper.Clogged the sewer pipe something rotten.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024