Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tim Iroegbunam 23:11 - Oct 7 with 10924 viewsPetros

Don’t think I’ve ever seen a player grow in confidence over the course of 90 minutes like this guy tonight. He’s going to be some player.
Tim Iroegbunam on 09:40 - Oct 9 with 4447 viewsdmm

Tim Iroegbunam on 09:27 - Oct 9 by francisbowles

I thought he was on loan from Brighton, Bosh 67, or is it that we have an option on him?

Yes, Richards is a loan from Brighton with an option for us to sign him permanently at the end of the season.
Tim Iroegbunam on 10:06 - Oct 9 with 4368 viewsCamberleyR

Tim Iroegbunam on 09:16 - Oct 8 by Dorse

Haven't seen much of Iroegbunam other than on a phone screen. And I was squinting a bit. Regardless, what I have seen so far has been really exciting. He has a terrific work rate and looks like he's not afraid of a midfield scuffle. Not the stereotype of a pampered academy type but the sort of talented lad who knows that the oppo is going to try to kill him. Get your retaliation in early and make them look silly with the ball. Great spot from the manager/ recruitment team.

"Not the stereotype of a pampered academy type"

Might be because he isn't one of these that's been in a Premier League academy since primary school age. West Brom picked him up from a local team early last year and Villa signed him in the summer of 2021.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Tim Iroegbunam on 10:07 - Oct 9 with 4366 viewsJeff

Tim Iroegbunam on 09:40 - Oct 9 by dmm

Yes, Richards is a loan from Brighton with an option for us to sign him permanently at the end of the season.

So as I recall Richards is a loan with an ‘obligation’ to buy at the end of the season.

I don’t quite know what the obligation is (obviously I know the real world meaning, but that doesn’t necessarily translate to football) - we have an option on Roberts, we have an obligation on Richards.

Is this the same thing with lazy word usage, I’m not sure, but it would be surprising and slightly out of QPR’s current financial mindset to commit future funds with so much uncertainty over money and transfer spend - when we signed Richards we were definitely looking down instead of up!

Can we not knock it?

Tim Iroegbunam on 10:23 - Oct 9 with 4302 viewsdmm

Tim Iroegbunam on 10:07 - Oct 9 by Jeff

So as I recall Richards is a loan with an ‘obligation’ to buy at the end of the season.

I don’t quite know what the obligation is (obviously I know the real world meaning, but that doesn’t necessarily translate to football) - we have an option on Roberts, we have an obligation on Richards.

Is this the same thing with lazy word usage, I’m not sure, but it would be surprising and slightly out of QPR’s current financial mindset to commit future funds with so much uncertainty over money and transfer spend - when we signed Richards we were definitely looking down instead of up!

These things never seem to be very clear, do they? The offy said Richards signed "...on a season-long loan from Brighton with a view to a permanent transfer" and this was the phrase WLS used too.

I've not seen the term 'obligation' used about his deal with us and have assumed we have the option to sign permanently rather than an agreement that we have to.
Tim Iroegbunam on 10:29 - Oct 9 with 4288 viewsMaggsinho

As I understand it, Richards was essentially a signing this season but with the fee due next season with the loan to bridge the gap as a way around this seasons FFP.
Tim Iroegbunam on 12:01 - Oct 9 with 4172 viewsHoopstar

Pretty sure it was widely reported that the loan for Richards includes us having to buy him if we don't get relegated, presumably means we still have to buy him if by some miracle we go up!

Hope we get a chance to see him in action at some point soon!
Tim Iroegbunam on 18:30 - Oct 9 with 3889 viewsVancouverHoop

Remind me, are Laird and Tim our only definite loans, with no options attached?
Tim Iroegbunam on 20:51 - Oct 9 with 3708 viewsdmm

Tim Iroegbunam on 18:30 - Oct 9 by VancouverHoop

Remind me, are Laird and Tim our only definite loans, with no options attached?

Yep
Login to get fewer ads

Tim Iroegbunam on 19:16 - Mar 7 with 2677 viewscpgerber

He started for Villa at Ajax tonight. Watching the game, but he is rather anonymous.
Tim Iroegbunam on 19:44 - Mar 7 with 2444 viewsBurnleyhoop

Tim Iroegbunam on 19:16 - Mar 7 by cpgerber

He started for Villa at Ajax tonight. Watching the game, but he is rather anonymous.

Nothing new there then. No more than a slight improvement on Dozzell imo. Anderson, Hayden and Hodge are far superior players.
Tim Iroegbunam on 19:46 - Mar 7 with 2431 viewsNorthantsHoop

Tim Iroegbunam on 19:44 - Mar 7 by Burnleyhoop

Nothing new there then. No more than a slight improvement on Dozzell imo. Anderson, Hayden and Hodge are far superior players.

Agree all three excellent and Andersen what a signing at Championship level.
Tim Iroegbunam on 20:04 - Mar 7 with 2307 viewsWatford_Ranger

Tim Iroegbunam on 19:44 - Mar 7 by Burnleyhoop

Think there’s more potential there than Dozzell ever had/has and he’s four years younger. Hopefully he’ll back himself to improve as a footballer and go down a league permanently to get games but it’s a nice life being a Prem squad player and rolled out for the occasional cup tie.
Tim Iroegbunam on 20:14 - Mar 7 with 2247 viewsBostonR

Tim Iroegbunam on 19:46 - Mar 7 by NorthantsHoop

Agree all three excellent and Andersen what a signing at Championship level.

I keep thinking someone is going to turn up at LR and reclaim Andersen. What an incredible signing at this time in the season.
Tim Iroegbunam on 20:14 - Mar 7 with 2231 viewsdavman

Sorry, but just did not get the hype for Tim. Poor stats in terms of goals and assists and the game just passed him by week on week.

Still, I thought the same of Parejo and he turned out OK in the end, didn't he?

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Tim Iroegbunam on 22:22 - Mar 7 with 1929 viewsEsox_Lucius

Tim Iroegbunam on 20:14 - Mar 7 by davman

Sorry, but just did not get the hype for Tim. Poor stats in terms of goals and assists and the game just passed him by week on week.

Still, I thought the same of Parejo and he turned out OK in the end, didn't he?

You have to factor in the team and mentality at the club whilst he was with us. I believe that if he had turned up here in January the we would be raving about him in same way as we currently are about Anderson. If he was willing to come here under MC, and accept the salary limitations, then I think we would have a player with massive sell on Value.

The grass is always greener.

Tim Iroegbunam on 22:44 - Mar 7 with 1829 viewsChrisNW6

Bit unfair comparing Tim to either Hayden or Anderson.

Hodge, yes.

Different players really, but I think Tim would thrive under Marti and would love to see him back here. Hodge will start less games than Tim did.
Tim Iroegbunam on 01:01 - Mar 8 with 1607 viewsLazyFan

I think I mentioned before Tim sees himself as a DMC, he's not. He's an AMC. Hence when he played AMC against Watford and won us the game.

He's a very good player who can unlike Dozy get up and down the pitch and also glide past players. He has great skill. But he's not a DMC; he's not good enough in the tackle, like, say Field, who stomps on you the second you have the ball.

As an AMC he glides past players, can pass the ball and shoot. He also gets back to help out at least position-wise, which is useful when you don't have the ball.

Quality player who we played out of position for the majority of his time here, mostly because he wants to play DMC himself. No idea why he has that view when most players fancy themselves as attacking players.

If we get Chair money next season, we should buy Stansfield off Fulham, he's years younger and can play on the wing and scores. Brum are so desperate they play him upfront. Also, with Marti as manager that's a draw, we have the training ground and he does not have to move house. Brum he wont want to go back too so, with the Chair money that's the replacement.

Tim will be too expensive now, Hodge will be cheaper and is young enough. If you know a 20-year-old Andersen let me know :P

zzzzzzzzzz

Tim Iroegbunam on 06:36 - Mar 8 with 1450 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Tim Iroegbunam on 01:01 - Mar 8 by LazyFan

I think I mentioned before Tim sees himself as a DMC, he's not. He's an AMC. Hence when he played AMC against Watford and won us the game.

He's a very good player who can unlike Dozy get up and down the pitch and also glide past players. He has great skill. But he's not a DMC; he's not good enough in the tackle, like, say Field, who stomps on you the second you have the ball.

As an AMC he glides past players, can pass the ball and shoot. He also gets back to help out at least position-wise, which is useful when you don't have the ball.

Quality player who we played out of position for the majority of his time here, mostly because he wants to play DMC himself. No idea why he has that view when most players fancy themselves as attacking players.

If we get Chair money next season, we should buy Stansfield off Fulham, he's years younger and can play on the wing and scores. Brum are so desperate they play him upfront. Also, with Marti as manager that's a draw, we have the training ground and he does not have to move house. Brum he wont want to go back too so, with the Chair money that's the replacement.

Tim will be too expensive now, Hodge will be cheaper and is young enough. If you know a 20-year-old Andersen let me know :P

Chair money?

Does the Belgian penal system pay transfer fees for those it incarcerated? If so, I saw Taylor Richards beat a bus driver in Brugge on at least two occasions.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Tim Iroegbunam on 09:49 - Mar 8 with 1197 viewsTheChef

He might have done better under the current manager and in this system, but I suppose we'll never know.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Tim Iroegbunam on 10:09 - Mar 8 with 1108 viewstraininvain

Unai Emery’s a good manager and the fact that he has Tim Iroegbunam around the Aston Villa first team suggests that he’s not as bad a player as some on here would have you believe.
Tim Iroegbunam on 10:35 - Mar 8 with 1031 viewsJuzzie

Tim Iroegbunam on 10:09 - Mar 8 by traininvain

Unai Emery’s a good manager and the fact that he has Tim Iroegbunam around the Aston Villa first team suggests that he’s not as bad a player as some on here would have you believe.

IMO anyone who plays professional League football is not a bad player, per se.

Whet they may have is injuries, loss of form, drop in appetite, off field circumstances and of course, the big one, a bad attitude.
Tim Iroegbunam on 11:20 - Mar 8 with 913 viewssparkey

No hard feelings around Tim. Always showed availability and commitment when all the other loanees (and some permanent players) phoned it in.
Tim Iroegbunam on 11:46 - Mar 8 with 817 viewsCiderwithRsie

My God, the starry-eyed optimism at the start of this thread.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024