Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Amos and Dozzell 19:04 - Oct 22 with 6071 viewsRuislipHoop

Any reason why they don’t take the applause at the end,both straight down the tunnel.
Amos and Dozzell on 20:47 - Oct 22 with 5223 viewsbosh67

Possible knocks?

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Amos and Dozzell on 20:57 - Oct 22 with 5132 viewsRuislipHoop

Amos and Dozzell on 20:47 - Oct 22 by bosh67

Possible knocks?

No,I don’t think so,I’ve noticed a couple of times,maybe they don’t really consider themselves first teamers ???
Amos and Dozzell on 21:30 - Oct 22 with 4999 viewsLowerloftLad

Amos and Dozzell on 20:57 - Oct 22 by RuislipHoop

No,I don’t think so,I’ve noticed a couple of times,maybe they don’t really consider themselves first teamers ???

Possibly Frustration? Game changed once dozzell came on maybe being harsh but he didn't do much when he did come on.
[Post edited 22 Oct 2022 21:30]

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Amos and Dozzell on 21:33 - Oct 22 with 4971 viewsRuislipHoop

Amos and Dozzell on 21:30 - Oct 22 by LowerloftLad

Possibly Frustration? Game changed once dozzell came on maybe being harsh but he didn't do much when he did come on.

Or Amos
Amos and Dozzell on 22:07 - Oct 22 with 4751 viewsstevec

Indeed. One or the other maybe but I’m not sure they should both be out there at the same time.

Can’t say they do much wrong but things that happened in the first half stopped happening second half.
Amos and Dozzell on 22:11 - Oct 22 with 4720 viewsWokingR

Amos and Dozzell on 22:07 - Oct 22 by stevec

Indeed. One or the other maybe but I’m not sure they should both be out there at the same time.

Can’t say they do much wrong but things that happened in the first half stopped happening second half.

Amos seemed half arsed at best in his efforts to chase or close anyone down today.
Amos and Dozzell on 22:22 - Oct 22 with 4664 viewsRuislipHoop

Amos and Dozzell on 22:11 - Oct 22 by WokingR

Amos seemed half arsed at best in his efforts to chase or close anyone down today.

Just find it strange they both walk straight off together,will be watching next time
Amos and Dozzell on 22:41 - Oct 22 with 4551 viewsMatch82

Amos and Dozzell on 22:11 - Oct 22 by WokingR

He did have one where he closed the man down, nicked it off him and pushed forwards to the edge of their box before they nicked it back, but was fairly quiet overall I thought.
Login to get fewer ads

Amos and Dozzell on 23:30 - Oct 22 with 4402 viewsLazyFan

Amos was okay, Dozzell does not run enough in my book anyway.

If we compare just the running of Dozzell to Tim, we can see he's nowhere near him. Dozzell also does not run as much as a fully fit JoJo.

Now some may say he's a deeper player, but once again Dozzell does not run as much as Field either. Dozzell needs to run around a lot more for me.

Amos was fine, took some time getting into the game but was effective and helped pin them back once we had got over their pressure.

They both may be upset at the fact the new loanee boys have come in and are taking their places. Tough, should up your game and get on with it like Kakay, Dickie and Dunn have done so. Even Jaffa Cakes has stopped crying ... for now.

zzzzzzzzzz

Amos and Dozzell on 00:12 - Oct 23 with 4299 viewsStanisgod

Amos and Dozzell on 22:07 - Oct 22 by stevec

Thought maybe Richards should have come on and not Dozell, much more drive and presence in the middle.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Amos and Dozzell on 01:43 - Oct 23 with 4198 viewsVancouverHoop

Might be my imagination but Dozell seems to play better when he starts. He seems to have a problem finding his rhythm as a sub. Amos has good touch, but fades against big aggressive players, which Wigan have.
Amos and Dozzell on 03:19 - Oct 23 with 4114 viewsswisscottage

None of the subs covered themselves in glory as far as I'm concerned, Amos the worst of the lot, so off the pace. That being said it was a difficult match to come into as a sub. The pace was fast, frenetic even, and Wigan are a big physical side with some quality who really upped it in the 2nd half.
Amos and Dozzell on 07:28 - Oct 23 with 3942 viewsHAYESBOY

I don't think it was down to just these two players that we had to sustain pressure for the last 20 mins. The whole team seem to drop off and not retain the ball.
We just looked nervous at a 2-1 lead and tried to hold onto it.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Amos and Dozzell on 09:50 - Oct 23 with 3697 viewsEalingHoop81

I didn’t really think either were better or worse than the rest of the team in that second half. The biggest issue I felt we had was taking off Armstrong who provided a different threat to Amos both positionally and also physically. Wigan are big and strong and we ended up with one striker and more in midfield.

I also thought Beale pushed Laird right up the pitch so that he was on Maclean - presumably to try and push him back as he was threat for them. That sort of space is where Amos usually operates.

It was a bit backs to the wall in the second half and everyone was mis hitting passes - Dickie especially when he came on. Richards had one fabulous run but also struggled to get into the physicality of the game.

Hard to play CM at the best of times but when you consider we put 3 midfielders on it’s even harder!
Amos and Dozzell on 10:04 - Oct 23 with 3618 viewsfrancisbowles

Amos and Dozzell on 09:50 - Oct 23 by EalingHoop81

I didn’t really think either were better or worse than the rest of the team in that second half. The biggest issue I felt we had was taking off Armstrong who provided a different threat to Amos both positionally and also physically. Wigan are big and strong and we ended up with one striker and more in midfield.

I also thought Beale pushed Laird right up the pitch so that he was on Maclean - presumably to try and push him back as he was threat for them. That sort of space is where Amos usually operates.

It was a bit backs to the wall in the second half and everyone was mis hitting passes - Dickie especially when he came on. Richards had one fabulous run but also struggled to get into the physicality of the game.

Hard to play CM at the best of times but when you consider we put 3 midfielders on it’s even harder!

Good post. It was also that fatigue thing at the end of a 'three game week'. Bodies and minds struggling as the game goes on. Last three subs being used to try and inject some fresh legs and energy. Wigan seemed to have more energy. Probably psychological, as manager had called for a reaction to previous defeat and they were chasing the game.

We did it, we held on, just, at the end. Balogun superb again.

The lead into the next break will be very challenging. Coventry away the last of five games in sixteen days. We need everyone fit and ready, rotation and rest will be critical.
Amos and Dozzell on 10:24 - Oct 23 with 3504 viewsbosh67

I think Dozzell has bags of talent but I also think he needs to bulk up. He has the nasty streak but needs to muscle up to deploy it. I also think he is more of a footballer than an athlete, which may account for some people saying he looks half arsed. I don't think he is.

Amos I think there is a slight mental resistance going on there. I think he is fully in and committed as a player at the club but I also feel he is half thinking he is one challenge away from another lay off. I was there on Wednesday and in the bit that he played he had plenty of pace but he also looks slightly tentative now going in to challenges. I like him though and I think he is a good member of the squad in terms of his general attitude.
[Post edited 23 Oct 2022 10:25]

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Amos and Dozzell on 10:31 - Oct 23 with 3462 viewsEsox_Lucius

I believe Armstrong came off for Dozzell to shadow McLean who was causing us a lot of problems but, if we are in criticise a sub mode; Rob Dickie! I thought he was awful which bothered me as I didn't think he could play that badly, he always looks so assured on the ball. I believe that Wigan had the best away form before yesterday so maybe it wasn't ever going to be the clear cut result everyone expected.
I'd take 20 more wins like that this season.
[Post edited 23 Oct 2022 13:29]

The grass is always greener.

Amos and Dozzell on 11:35 - Oct 23 with 3255 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Amos and Dozzell on 10:31 - Oct 23 by Esox_Lucius

I believe Armstrong came off for Dozzell to shadow McLean who was causing us a lot of problems but, if we are in criticise a sub mode; Rob Dickie! I thought he was awful which bothered me as I didn't think he could play that badly, he always looks so assured on the ball. I believe that Wigan had the best away form before yesterday so maybe it wasn't ever going to be the clear cut result everyone expected.

Totally agree about Dickie, he looked all over the place with his passing, got turned a couple of times as well. Perhaps he is trying to hard now he has lost his place.
Dozzell did well for me and was no worse than anyone else.
The game changed once Sinclair went off, Dykes pretty isolated on his own and Amos looked a yard off the pace, but the game was a million miles an hour.
Take the 3 points and move onto Birmingham with a weeks rest.
Amos and Dozzell on 11:57 - Oct 23 with 3149 viewsNoelmc

Amos and Dozzell on 10:31 - Oct 23 by Esox_Lucius

Agreed but I'm not sure my heart could take 20 more wins like that this season!
Amos and Dozzell on 12:08 - Oct 23 with 3108 viewstraininvain

Amos and Dozzell on 09:50 - Oct 23 by EalingHoop81

I wasn’t surprised to see Beale make that change at half time and try to strengthen our midfield as the Wigan number 18 was bossing it and they were getting on top. It was also a bit pointless having two strikers on the pitch when neither were involved much in the first half.

That said, it didn’t work out particularly well for us in the second half so maybe it wasn’t the right decision after all!
Amos and Dozzell on 17:18 - Oct 23 with 2806 viewsPinnerPaul

Amos and Dozzell on 11:35 - Oct 23 by Wilkinswatercarrier

Totally agree about Dickie, he looked all over the place with his passing, got turned a couple of times as well. Perhaps he is trying to hard now he has lost his place.
Dozzell did well for me and was no worse than anyone else.
The game changed once Sinclair went off, Dykes pretty isolated on his own and Amos looked a yard off the pace, but the game was a million miles an hour.
Take the 3 points and move onto Birmingham with a weeks rest.

Sadly agree about Dickie, with the rider that its hard to play 20 min cameos every now and then.

BUT simple passing and lost most duels in the air - contrast between his form and Baloguan and JCS quite stark at the minute.
Amos and Dozzell on 17:45 - Oct 23 with 2746 viewsDavieQPR

We went three at the back to counter their long, high ball game but Dickie seemed to have the sulks when he came on. Amos was trying to dribble past players and that is not his game. Dozzell never appears to be happy and seems to be on the fringes of the team.
Amos and Dozzell on 02:53 - Oct 24 with 2487 viewsmylot50years

As for Amos prior to any injuries he has picked up, since he joined us firstly on loan and then permanently his body language gives me the impression he doesn't enjoy playing football or maybe the pressure gets to him, I also believe he would very much benefit from having a long run of games but at present that is unlikely, I actually think he is a very good player who needs to accept the present situation get a smile on his face work hard and enjoy the opportunity when it does arise to cement a regular place in the team
I also believe these above issues very much apply to
Rob Dickie as well so come on lads time for both of you to enjoy your football and appreciate how fortunate you are to be at a great club like QPR
Amos and Dozzell on 19:01 - Oct 24 with 2068 viewsRuislipHoop

Amos and Dozzell on 17:45 - Oct 23 by DavieQPR

We went three at the back to counter their long, high ball game but Dickie seemed to have the sulks when he came on. Amos was trying to dribble past players and that is not his game. Dozzell never appears to be happy and seems to be on the fringes of the team.

My sentiments exactly,at least a Dickie still takes applause at the end.
Amos and Dozzell on 20:33 - Oct 24 with 1943 viewsstanistheman

Amos and Dozzell on 21:30 - Oct 22 by LowerloftLad

I think Dozzell’s performance just showed us how important Johansen is to the team.
I was watching that on screen and until his name was mentioned after about 70 mins I had almost forgotten he was on the pitch!

Amos was not much better either.

Hopefully Johansen and Armstrong along with Willock will be back soon.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024