Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Beale's bailing thread... 10:03 - Nov 21 with 158908 viewsdigswellhoop

so the manager will be li ked hope he stays

This post has been edited by an administrator
bronkhurst gone on 08:35 - Nov 23 with 4509 viewsNorthernr

bronkhurst gone on 08:31 - Nov 23 by traininvain

Worth pointing out that the social media response from Rangers fans to Beale being favourite for the job has been overwhelmingly negative.

I’m not sure if that’ll have an impact on the appointment but I just have this sneaky feeling that he’s not going to get the job and it’s going to leave a bad taste in the mouth that he hasn’t ruled himself out.

Who do they think they're getting, Mourinho? Pep?
bronkhurst gone on 08:37 - Nov 23 with 4488 viewseastside_r

bronkhurst gone on 08:35 - Nov 23 by Northernr

Clive, don’t underestimate their delusion.
bronkhurst gone on 08:42 - Nov 23 with 4446 viewstraininvain

bronkhurst gone on 08:35 - Nov 23 by Northernr

It’s quite funny to see the reaction. A couple of them want Warburton instead of Beale.

To be fair, Beale’s recent record of four losses in five games was always going create some doubt.

Whatever happens we need this confirmed one way or another asap. Can’t help but think that we’d have been better off giving the job to Eustace last summer. Beale’s barely outperformed him with a better squad.
bronkhurst gone on 10:05 - Nov 23 with 4176 viewsSydneyRs

bronkhurst gone on 08:37 - Nov 23 by eastside_r

Clive, don’t underestimate their delusion.

Absolutely this. This is a fanbase whose club has never won (and never will win) a European cup and sings about being "the most succesful team in football" when Madrid have won 14 of them.
bronkhurst gone on 11:00 - Nov 23 with 3968 viewsJuzzie

The way manager's come & go these days it's not like he needs to be in a hurry to be GR manager. He has stated a few times he's still in the infancy when it comes to being a manager.
He's 42, he could wait another 3-5 years and still be their manager. Anceloti is 20 years older and still managing. Ranieri, Hodgson, Warnock, Fergie, and Bobby Robson were all managing into their 70's.
bronkhurst gone on 12:39 - Nov 23 with 3701 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

bronkhurst gone on 11:00 - Nov 23 by Juzzie

The way manager's come & go these days it's not like he needs to be in a hurry to be GR manager. He has stated a few times he's still in the infancy when it comes to being a manager.
He's 42, he could wait another 3-5 years and still be their manager. Anceloti is 20 years older and still managing. Ranieri, Hodgson, Warnock, Fergie, and Bobby Robson were all managing into their 70's.

My thoughts exactly.

He’s clearly talented and has turned QPR around in a short amount of time but he’ll paint himself as a mercenary if he keeps leaving clubs after six months in charge.
bronkhurst gone on 13:04 - Nov 23 with 3587 viewsNorthantsHoop

bronkhurst gone on 12:39 - Nov 23 by BazzaInTheLoft

My thoughts exactly.

He’s clearly talented and has turned QPR around in a short amount of time but he’ll paint himself as a mercenary if he keeps leaving clubs after six months in charge.

Personally think Warburton turned QPR around in his time at the club, Beale is starting to build upon this, think we should not forget the progress made under Warburton's three seasons in charge.
bronkhurst gone on 13:07 - Nov 23 with 3571 viewsNorthernr

bronkhurst gone on 13:04 - Nov 23 by NorthantsHoop

Personally think Warburton turned QPR around in his time at the club, Beale is starting to build upon this, think we should not forget the progress made under Warburton's three seasons in charge.

And of course, as I said when people were getting into Warbs, the problems people had with him largely still remain
- comments in interviews
- goals from set pieces
- not making the subs/selections/plan B that we like

This will likely be the same with the next manager as well.
Login to get fewer ads

bronkhurst gone on 14:00 - Nov 23 with 3353 viewstraininvain

The other issue at stake here is Beale’s integrity and character. Reports that Van Bronckhorst is unhappy with Beale for the way he’s gone about this by going to Rangers games and putting himself in the mix as a potential replacement.

Also worth remembering the interviews Beale gave after rejecting Wolves. How he’s committed to the project at QPR and didn’t want to leave the players he signed etc.

If Beale takes the job it will reflect very poorly on his as a person in terms of his loyalty, integrity and reliability.
bronkhurst gone on 14:17 - Nov 23 with 3269 viewsdanehoop

bronkhurst gone on 14:00 - Nov 23 by traininvain

The other issue at stake here is Beale’s integrity and character. Reports that Van Bronckhorst is unhappy with Beale for the way he’s gone about this by going to Rangers games and putting himself in the mix as a potential replacement.

Also worth remembering the interviews Beale gave after rejecting Wolves. How he’s committed to the project at QPR and didn’t want to leave the players he signed etc.

If Beale takes the job it will reflect very poorly on his as a person in terms of his loyalty, integrity and reliability.

But this is football, if anything that should have demonstrated beyond all doubt that integrity and principles are nothing. Money is the only measure - just look at FIFA.

Never knowingly understood

bronkhurst gone on 14:42 - Nov 23 with 3151 viewstraininvain

bronkhurst gone on 14:17 - Nov 23 by danehoop

But this is football, if anything that should have demonstrated beyond all doubt that integrity and principles are nothing. Money is the only measure - just look at FIFA.

Agree that football is devoid of integrity. But Beale talks a good game about being the right type of character and his interview after rejecting the Wolves job will look shameful if he goes on to take the Rangers job less than two months later.

I fully expect him to join Rangers but it’ll be open season for people to question his integrity if he does so given the wider circumstances.
bronkhurst gone on 15:08 - Nov 23 with 3065 viewshubble

https://www.ibroxnews.com/2022/11/23/rangers-manager-focus-now-clear-as-update-o

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

bronkhurst gone on 15:28 - Nov 23 with 2959 viewsAntti_Heinola

bronkhurst gone on 15:08 - Nov 23 by hubble

https://www.ibroxnews.com/2022/11/23/rangers-manager-focus-now-clear-as-update-o

Yep, I think it would be a huge surprise if he was still our manager for our next game. Just would prefer this was sorted quickly now.

Bare bones.

bronkhurst gone on 15:44 - Nov 23 with 2858 viewssprocket

He's almost certainly gone isn't he?

Have to say I'm a p!ssed off with the whole saga right back to Wolves. I get it that it's job and everyone can switch jobs etc.. but there are consequences for every action. Beale called these out when he turned down Wolves but in my book the same applies here. Glasgow Rangers are a bigger club than Wolves and QPR for that matter but in my opinion not big enough go back on promises he made etc... not to mention all the bullsh!t he came out with recently.

Football, footballers or football managers never cease to surprise/sadden me and the love I had/have for the game gets diminished all the time.
bronkhurst gone on 15:53 - Nov 23 with 2793 viewsWegerles_Stairs

bronkhurst gone on 14:42 - Nov 23 by traininvain

Agree that football is devoid of integrity. But Beale talks a good game about being the right type of character and his interview after rejecting the Wolves job will look shameful if he goes on to take the Rangers job less than two months later.

I fully expect him to join Rangers but it’ll be open season for people to question his integrity if he does so given the wider circumstances.

Got to agree. He talks a good game but the way he's been acting you'd think he was Rinus Michels.

If he stayed with us he could prove how good he was by getting promoted. As it is, he's got no chance of overhauling Celtic in the short term. Good riddance.
bronkhurst gone on 15:56 - Nov 23 with 2778 viewsAntti_Heinola

bronkhurst gone on 15:53 - Nov 23 by Wegerles_Stairs

Got to agree. He talks a good game but the way he's been acting you'd think he was Rinus Michels.

If he stayed with us he could prove how good he was by getting promoted. As it is, he's got no chance of overhauling Celtic in the short term. Good riddance.

Two ways of looking at that. One is that he has a free hit this season. Get a Cup, get some good feeling, get summer under his belt, then attack Celtic next season. It's a fairly perfect scenario for him in some ways.

Bare bones.

bronkhurst gone on 15:57 - Nov 23 with 2772 viewsCFW

We have to be very careful in so much as we are all just responding to we read on social media or the press. What we do know is in the vast majority of cases that is complete rubbish and has no truth whatsoever. So, like most people we try and ignore the clickbait rubbish that is produced but clearly there is something going on much like the Wolves situation.

Given what went on then and the talk he gave afterwards I am slightly disappointed that he or the club has not simply come out and rubbished the rumours. These people have a lot to say before the game, after the game but very quiet when it suits them. Whilst I accept he has been on holiday he could have simply issued a statement on twitter saying he is not interested.

Saying nothing tells me he is interested.
bronkhurst gone on 16:08 - Nov 23 with 2706 viewsHayesender

bronkhurst gone on 15:57 - Nov 23 by CFW

We have to be very careful in so much as we are all just responding to we read on social media or the press. What we do know is in the vast majority of cases that is complete rubbish and has no truth whatsoever. So, like most people we try and ignore the clickbait rubbish that is produced but clearly there is something going on much like the Wolves situation.

Given what went on then and the talk he gave afterwards I am slightly disappointed that he or the club has not simply come out and rubbished the rumours. These people have a lot to say before the game, after the game but very quiet when it suits them. Whilst I accept he has been on holiday he could have simply issued a statement on twitter saying he is not interested.

He could have got his agent to issue a statement if he had one

I might go and watch an episode of jackanory

Poll: Shamima Beghum

bronkhurst gone on 16:09 - Nov 23 with 2696 viewsdaveB

bronkhurst gone on 15:56 - Nov 23 by Antti_Heinola

Two ways of looking at that. One is that he has a free hit this season. Get a Cup, get some good feeling, get summer under his belt, then attack Celtic next season. It's a fairly perfect scenario for him in some ways.

Big risk though, if he goes and they don't win the league not sure he'll have many championship options given he's not hung around here for long. It was starting to go wrong for him at Rangers with Gerrard before they left for Villa.

I find it all really disapointing but after that powerpoint story came out I lost a lot of respect for him so won't shed any tears if he goes
bronkhurst gone on 16:09 - Nov 23 with 2692 viewsEastR

When he was linked with the Wolves job my question at the time was why would he bother going there given their track record in hiring and firing, and the strong possibility that they could be in the Championship next season anyway?

Beale is clearly ambitious and seems to have an unshakeable belief in his talent and abilities.
He has expressly stated that he wants to manage ‘at the highest level’.

If he believes the two horse race and the standard of the SPL meets those heady heights, good luck to him, but he’s going to look very foolish after those 'we’re all in it together' pep talks he gave about 5 mins ago when he decided to stay.

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

bronkhurst gone on 16:11 - Nov 23 with 2668 viewsbosh67

bronkhurst gone on 15:57 - Nov 23 by CFW

Devil's avocado here...

Mick very clearly said after the Wolves thing that he was committed to us for the season and this project. As such why continually have to come out and say it?

For what it's worth Dyche will go to Rangers if they don't recruit from abroad.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

bronkhurst gone on 16:18 - Nov 23 with 2613 viewsswitchingcode

1/4 with Skybet now I don’t get the apparent attraction for a bloke who’s only managed for 3 months.
bronkhurst gone on 16:36 - Nov 23 with 2507 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

bronkhurst gone on 16:11 - Nov 23 by bosh67

Devil's avocado here...

Mick very clearly said after the Wolves thing that he was committed to us for the season and this project. As such why continually have to come out and say it?

‘why continually have to come out and say it?’

Takes no effort and is a free hit for player and fan morale. A single Tweet would kill this thread and all the speculation off.
[Post edited 23 Nov 2022 16:39]
bronkhurst gone on 16:41 - Nov 23 with 2480 viewsCroydonCaptJack

bronkhurst gone on 16:36 - Nov 23 by BazzaInTheLoft

‘why continually have to come out and say it?’

Takes no effort and is a free hit for player and fan morale. A single Tweet would kill this thread and all the speculation off.
[Post edited 23 Nov 2022 16:39]

But as my very learned mate Rollercoaster says, why comment on speculation? QPR don't normally do it and if they start now will they then have to do it every time?
bronkhurst gone on 16:43 - Nov 23 with 2461 viewsRokerite

bronkhurst gone on 16:11 - Nov 23 by bosh67

Devil's avocado here...

Dyche should have been Rangers number one target in my opinion.
Beale would be a massive risk. He seems to be a good coach but he's only been a manager for less than half a season. There is a very long list of good coaches who were terrible managers. Add to this the lukewarm reaction of Rangers supporters to the possibility of Beale returning. I don't necessarily believe supporters' opinions should carry a great deal of weight, but the impression given that he's a prodigal returning is very wide of the mark.
Football managers need to be extremely careful when making a move. I believe leaving QPR for Ibrox at this time would be unwise.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024