Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
PNE flower match thread 06:42 - Apr 6 with 29635 viewsdmm

Fool that I am, I'll take up the match thread challenge.

A 'must not lose' game, Shirley? For the umpteenth time in a row I'm going for a half Desmond. 1-1 and Guinness all round.

Here's the flower. A Peony, geddit?

PNE flower match thread on 17:28 - Apr 7 with 3254 viewsStreathamRanger

PNE flower match thread on 16:22 - Apr 7 by The_Beast1976

It's absolutely horrendous. The players are nothing more than statues. The ball being aimlessly hoofed forward. Doesn't look like any kind of system or plan in place. Rudderless and effortless. We're fcuked

Respect to all those of you going week in week out. Honestly don't know how/why you do it. Ainsworth has to shoulder some of the blame. That was our best players out there today and it was as if they'd never even met each other before. Hope he can get a few battlers in for league 1. This lot will be eaten alive. If Wednesday and Ipswich can get promoted then that's at least two big teams out the way which would give us more of a chance.
PNE flower match thread on 17:33 - Apr 7 with 3132 viewsRs_Holy

PNE flower match thread on 17:14 - Apr 7 by loftus77

Oh gawd. Look, this really is getting silly now. It's becoming ever more of a farce for everyone concerned.

Rather than pretending..can we literally and officially phone this season in now i.e. forfeit and scratch the last 6 games formally with the EFL tomorrow morning? Hand 3 pts to our six remaining opponents, cop a points deduction (to be applied this season, of course) and start the 2023/24 close season right now for the League One campaign under Gareth Ainsworth with the stated aim of keeping out of the bottom 4 (yep its 4 in L1 if anyone not aware ...relevant)).

The rebuild starts now - and, genuinely sadly, that has to be without the club legend that is Leslie Ferdinand: a wonderful forward, but he has to do the right thing and tender his resignation this evening.

I’m all for a quick death… I thought we were down after the Millwall game way back… and my fear was a long slow suffocation of a relegation which is exactly what is happening. Hopefully we will be gone well before the last game so that Sky don’t get all ‘let’s try and make out it’s really exciting’ in the lead up! How can a team lose sooo many matches… create so few chances.???
[Post edited 7 Apr 2023 17:37]
PNE flower match thread on 17:35 - Apr 7 with 3076 viewsBakes

With Faith And Courage Comes Glory

PNE flower match thread on 17:35 - Apr 7 with 3077 viewsed_83

PNE flower match thread on 17:28 - Apr 7 by Hayesender

Just seen the 2nd goal again. Absolute comical defending from Dickie and Balogun

Think it was Dunne and Balogun but the entire team were at fault. No movement in attack, nobody showing for the ball, no-one in midfield able or willing to keep possession so we invited PNE onto us, then complete ineptness in defence to top it off. This whole squad of players are collectively just broken.
PNE flower match thread on 17:37 - Apr 7 with 3050 viewsLordPork

"Funny old game Saint".....

a mere 12 weeks ago we were worried about losing Chair, Willock and Dykes to an attractive bid........

oddly, there's still a team in there that can play to top 6 level....question is, how do you dig it out?
PNE flower match thread on 17:37 - Apr 7 with 3009 viewsWegerles_Stairs

PNE flower match thread on 17:28 - Apr 7 by StreathamRanger

Respect to all those of you going week in week out. Honestly don't know how/why you do it. Ainsworth has to shoulder some of the blame. That was our best players out there today and it was as if they'd never even met each other before. Hope he can get a few battlers in for league 1. This lot will be eaten alive. If Wednesday and Ipswich can get promoted then that's at least two big teams out the way which would give us more of a chance.

Ainsworth is so far out of his depth it's untrue. Just another clueless appointment because he used to play for us, rather than actually being the right person for the job.

Pretty surreal in the second half with the chanting of "you're not fit to wear the shirt", etc. They didn't show the scores at either half-time or full-time which shows the sh*t got real.

In theory, we could still get out of this but with this manager and these players, even getting a shot on target feels like a victory.
PNE flower match thread on 17:47 - Apr 7 with 2856 viewsDamo1962

PNE flower match thread on 17:37 - Apr 7 by LordPork

"Funny old game Saint".....

a mere 12 weeks ago we were worried about losing Chair, Willock and Dykes to an attractive bid........

oddly, there's still a team in there that can play to top 6 level....question is, how do you dig it out?

You don't really believe that last bit..do you? 😲
PNE flower match thread on 17:50 - Apr 7 with 2815 viewsBrianMcCarthy

PNE flower match thread on 17:47 - Apr 7 by Damo1962

You don't really believe that last bit..do you? 😲

Well, they have.
Not sure any of us thought they'd stay there for the season, mind you.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Login to get fewer ads

PNE flower match thread on 18:03 - Apr 7 with 2686 viewsjoe90

PNE played as a team which compensated for their individual mistakes. A stark contrast to us. I expected us to lose. I’ve seen nothing from this side that gives me any hope that we’ll stay up.

Personally, I don’t bother booing. However, if we some how stay up and the players try and celebrate then I will.
PNE flower match thread on 18:06 - Apr 7 with 2628 viewsDamo1962

PNE flower match thread on 17:50 - Apr 7 by BrianMcCarthy

Well, they have.
Not sure any of us thought they'd stay there for the season, mind you.

Agree they were. And I don't mean to sound clever, but even when we were in the top six...I still expected us to more likely be bottom six by the end of the season. Staying up is all that was required from these loser's for me personally...and they couldn't even manage that meagre expectation. The fact that these players have proven they cannot compete at this level...is vindication enough for me. I thought that a lot were L1 standard, now I reckon even that is beyond a lot of them. I'll be amazed if any of them ever do better elsewhere 🤔🙂
PNE flower match thread on 18:16 - Apr 7 with 2535 viewsBurnleyhoop

PNE flower match thread on 16:45 - Apr 7 by BrianMcCarthy

Well, it's been much better since their second goal and, by and large, I don't see much wrong with the effort, but we're not creating clear chances which is a real worry for the rest of the fixtures.

Only because they have taken their foot off the gas and gone into shithousing mode.

Clearly a better organised and well drilled, if basic, Championship side. And that is all it takes to beat us unfortunately.
PNE flower match thread on 18:29 - Apr 7 with 2419 viewsDamo1962

PNE flower match thread on 18:16 - Apr 7 by Burnleyhoop

Only because they have taken their foot off the gas and gone into shithousing mode.

Clearly a better organised and well drilled, if basic, Championship side. And that is all it takes to beat us unfortunately.

I reckon the majority of teams in L1, would have enough about them to beat this rabble( I'm running out of adjectives for them). That is a damning indictment of these players...and the people who signed them.
PNE flower match thread on 18:30 - Apr 7 with 2418 viewsjoe90

PNE flower match thread on 16:45 - Apr 7 by BrianMcCarthy

Well, it's been much better since their second goal and, by and large, I don't see much wrong with the effort, but we're not creating clear chances which is a real worry for the rest of the fixtures.

Mate, it’s completely wasted effort at the wrong time in the game. That’s what’s wrong with the effort. Should have put in a shift from the first whistle!
[Post edited 7 Apr 2023 18:56]
PNE flower match thread on 18:41 - Apr 7 with 2328 viewsSonofpugwash

Just going through the motions
As in the motions that lead to crapping on the pitch.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

PNE flower match thread on 18:44 - Apr 7 with 2278 viewsE15Hoop

https://twitter.com/QPR

GA's post match comments now up on the offish Twiiter feed.
He looks and sounds well p*ssed off. Looks like he's been offiically QPR'd.
No big tub-thumping and "I'll be there for my boys" bollox today.
Looks like its finally hit him what a massive job he's got on his hands to turn this sinking ship around.
PNE flower match thread on 18:45 - Apr 7 with 2271 viewsbaz_qpr

PNE flower match thread on 17:35 - Apr 7 by ed_83

Think it was Dunne and Balogun but the entire team were at fault. No movement in attack, nobody showing for the ball, no-one in midfield able or willing to keep possession so we invited PNE onto us, then complete ineptness in defence to top it off. This whole squad of players are collectively just broken.

Manager has to take responsibility he set us up like that both CM stepping into the defence to make a line of 7 no pressing when their defence had the ball. He had his best 11 and set it up like he just been given the under 18s to play in a relegation battle
PNE flower match thread on 18:53 - Apr 7 with 2220 viewsjoe90

PNE flower match thread on 18:45 - Apr 7 by baz_qpr

Manager has to take responsibility he set us up like that both CM stepping into the defence to make a line of 7 no pressing when their defence had the ball. He had his best 11 and set it up like he just been given the under 18s to play in a relegation battle

You must be joking if you think the gaffer could have got anything more out this team. Do you think set up has been the problem since last year? Beale, Critchely and now Ainsworth not telling these players to ‘press when their defence had the ball’. Yup, that’s exactly what’s wrong here.
PNE flower match thread on 19:00 - Apr 7 with 2154 viewsNed_Kennedys

PNE flower match thread on 18:53 - Apr 7 by joe90

You must be joking if you think the gaffer could have got anything more out this team. Do you think set up has been the problem since last year? Beale, Critchely and now Ainsworth not telling these players to ‘press when their defence had the ball’. Yup, that’s exactly what’s wrong here.

That performance was an utter disgrace: no passion, minimum effort, no urgency. Preston should’ve won by 4 or 5.
Unless Reading are more shit than us the rest of the season then we are down and deservedly so.
My MOTM was Adomah as he tried to beat a few defenders and got a couple of crosses in.
PNE flower match thread on 19:34 - Apr 7 with 2016 viewsbaz_qpr

I think that's very naive do you think Warnock would have set that 11 up like that. We are worse now than under Critchley. Dykes Chair and Willock were left totally isolated we had 7 across the back for most of the game, we did not and could not press high and we gave Preston the freedom of the pitch, we could not retain or build possession in midfield, there was no attacking pattern of play at all. If you could fathom the game plan from what you saw then please enlighten

I'm sorry I want him to do well I appreciate that the 6-8 blip where we won everything was just a blip and the issues go back to Christmas 21 and are across multiple managers, but you have to give yourself a chance. 'd rather we played the harem scarem that we played against Watford than line 7 across the back
PNE flower match thread on 19:42 - Apr 7 with 1968 viewsDamo1962

PNE flower match thread on 18:30 - Apr 7 by joe90

Mate, it’s completely wasted effort at the wrong time in the game. That’s what’s wrong with the effort. Should have put in a shift from the first whistle!
[Post edited 7 Apr 2023 18:56]

When they are losing...the expectation is off them. They are more comfortable then, much to their shame. And the opposition know, they have more than enough for the points, and they sit back and repel any of our pathetic attempts.
PNE flower match thread on 20:05 - Apr 7 with 1883 viewsBrianMcCarthy

PNE flower match thread on 19:34 - Apr 7 by baz_qpr

I think that's very naive do you think Warnock would have set that 11 up like that. We are worse now than under Critchley. Dykes Chair and Willock were left totally isolated we had 7 across the back for most of the game, we did not and could not press high and we gave Preston the freedom of the pitch, we could not retain or build possession in midfield, there was no attacking pattern of play at all. If you could fathom the game plan from what you saw then please enlighten

I'm sorry I want him to do well I appreciate that the 6-8 blip where we won everything was just a blip and the issues go back to Christmas 21 and are across multiple managers, but you have to give yourself a chance. 'd rather we played the harem scarem that we played against Watford than line 7 across the back

"I think that's very naive do you think Warnock would have set that 11 up like that. We are worse now than under Critchley. Dykes Chair and Willock were left totally isolated we had 7 across the back for most of the game, we did not and could not press high and we gave Preston the freedom of the pitch, we could not retain or build possession in midfield, there was no attacking pattern of play at all."

Agree with all of that. We looked better at 0-2. Partly because, as others here have rightly pointed out, Preston sat back but also because we finally got our lines closer together so we could retain the ball for a few passes leading to a cross or a run or a set-piece.

But prior to that...with two holding midfielders stood on the centre-backs' toes and no midfield and three up front completely isolated...very poorly set-up.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

PNE flower match thread on 20:28 - Apr 7 with 1816 viewsthemodfather

sounded awful on radio. we were long gone, we knew it, we saw it coming the hope of others losing pts popped up but this lot in our team gave up ages ago.
PNE flower match thread on 20:32 - Apr 7 with 1787 viewsJamesB1979

PNE flower match thread on 18:53 - Apr 7 by joe90

Critchley played a lot of the better sides in the league. Ainsworth has played against most of the rubbish sides. Both have hardly had any games. But Critchley’s record is much better. We made a massive mistake getting rid of him.
PNE flower match thread on 12:50 - Apr 8 with 1333 viewsjoe90

PNE flower match thread on 19:34 - Apr 7 by baz_qpr

You may well be right about how we were set up - in theory. But in practice the players still need to execute the plan. You’re very naive if you think this team would play any better if the system was changed…again.

Critchley, Ainsworth, Warnock doesn’t matter which manager it is. This team is done.

You may enjoy flexing your tactically knowledge, but the players and results make your observations redundant.

Do you honestly believe that if Ainsworth had set us up differently we would have won? If you do I can only assume that this is the first time you’ve watched us this season.
PNE flower match thread on 16:24 - Apr 8 with 1185 viewsSilverfoxqpr

PNE flower match thread on 16:37 - Apr 7 by Damo1962

I wasn't expecting miracles with GA...but he has had no impact at all. I was all for him getting the job as well. Show's how much I know about football these days 🙄

He's had an impact alright, we've actually got worse.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024