Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Today I lost my Mum 19:37 - Dec 31 with 7420 viewsToast_R

The last month has been tough watching her deteriorate while also trying hard to keep her beautiful smile for us.

She was the most dedicated and wonderful mother to me and my older brother. Driving us to Saturday league football in all weather, those winter days where it had been pouring with rain, pitches thick with mud and freezing cold. Mum would be dragging us there in her wellies, armed with a flask of coffee and an old ice cream tub of quartered Oranges for the teams half time refreshments. She’d even collect the weekly subs from the other parents. She wasn’t a football fan but she was a dedicated mum.

Taking me to QPR was just a step too far for her as we lived in Merton and travelling to The Bush was just never possible, especially as my Brother had chosen Wimbledon. My Dad on his Saturday’s off would take us to Plough Lane.

My mum did however come back from a school parents evening one time, excited to tell me she’d met my French teacher who as soon as she’d mentioned my name, confirmed to her “yes Queens Park Rangers supporter” and then chatted to her about QPR being a lifelong fan himself. He generously offered to take me to Loftus Road for a match, if she agreed. Cue March 1993 and my first QPR game, a dazzling 3-1 win over Norwich with Les Ferdinand scoring a classic. I never looked back after that. Thanks Flynnbo!

Today is NYE, it feels like the end of the world right now, my heart is broken without her in my life anymore and I’ve hardly slept the last 48 hours and spent many of those at St George’s hospital with my brother. This morning we collected her things and kissed her goodbye for the last time, she was finally free of her pain. For some reason I feel racked with guilt that I couldn’t do more for her, spent more time with her in my adult years. She loved us and her two grandkids until the end.

Sorry guys, needed to get that off my chest.

Toast_r
Today I lost my Mum on 22:32 - Dec 31 with 1378 viewsToast_R

Thank you all for your amazing messages. We don't know each other face to face but all share the same often insane obsession with a certain football club. A brotherhood of sorts. Thank you, it means a lot to be able to off-load and share in some grief.

Happy New Year, let's hope 2024 is a vast improvement for Rangers.
Today I lost my Mum on 22:39 - Dec 31 with 1351 viewsnix

So sorry for your loss Toast.

As a fellow mum, she'll have loved doing all those things for you. And she'll have known how much you cared for her. And that will have brought her the biggest of joys.

She sounds like a fabulous mum. It's so touching to hear how much you appreciated all the little things she did for you, even down to the oranges for half time at footy.

RIP your mum and be kind to yourself. It sounds like a tremendous loss.
Today I lost my Mum on 22:40 - Dec 31 with 1349 viewsDorse

Sorry to hear about your Mum Toast. She sounded like an amazing woman. My thoughts and prayers are with you and the family.

D.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Today I lost my Mum on 22:41 - Dec 31 with 1345 viewsGloryHunter

Mate, when my mother died, I shed not a tear. You are so lucky to have had a Mum that you loved - treasure that.
Today I lost my Mum on 22:48 - Dec 31 with 1326 viewsR_from_afar

No need to apologise, it's really tough when you lose a parent. I lost my dad in 2019. Try to remember the good times. My condolences.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Today I lost my Mum on 23:13 - Dec 31 with 1263 viewsSnipper

Very sorry to hear about your mum, Toast R.

You did a great job of looking after your mum.

May she Rest in Eternal Peace. 🙏❤️
Today I lost my Mum on 00:40 - Jan 1 with 1190 viewsjohncharles

Condolences to you and your brother. I can’t add much more than has been said already except I’m sure your mum would say don’t hang around feeling sad, get down to Loftus Road and cheer on the Hoops (or follow the match on here or the tv or wherever you can)

Strong and stable my arse.

(No subject) (n/t) on 00:43 - Jan 1 with 1183 viewsflynnbo

Login to get fewer ads

Today I lost my Mum on 00:53 - Jan 1 with 1156 viewsKonk

She sounds like a fantastic mum, mate. Very sorry that she's no longer with you, but hope your memories are some comfort, as is the fact that she's now at peace. RIP.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Today I lost my Mum on 00:54 - Jan 1 with 1153 viewsnumptydumpty

My mum was a special one too Toast.

So sad to hear your news.

Lost my mum in 2020 and dad in 2021, life will seem a bit surreal in the coming months and everything seems difficult to understand.

Cliche I know but in time you will enjoy life again and the good memories will replace the difficult especially when she has been struggling.

A tough day to lose your mum. My nan passed on Christmas Day some years ago.

Keep plodding on Toast. You will enjoy once more and am sure make your mum proud.

Take it as easy as you can and treasure the good times.

Let s hope somehow we all meet up with our loved ones again.

RIP Mum.

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Today I lost my Mum on 01:00 - Jan 1 with 1137 viewsNoelmc

Condolences on the loss of your mum Toast.

Life will never be the same again but it gets easier over time and you will have great memories of her. As others have said, be kind to yourself. You were a good son to her and I’m sure she appreciated everything you did for her.

May she rest in peace.
Today I lost my Mum on 01:46 - Jan 1 with 1085 viewsBrianMcCarthy

My heart goes out to you, Toast, and to your loved ones.

I was thinking for a while there that what you wrote was a beautiful, poetical tribute. Then I wondered what a tribute was. So I looked it up.

"an act, a statement, or gift that is intended to show gratitude, respect, or admiration."

Well, your beautiful tribute on here showed the gratitude, respect and admiration you held for your Mum.

And the gifts she gave you allowed you to declare your tribute, and to express it with beauty, with eloquence, with love.

My respect to you and yours.
Ar dheis Dé, le cunamh Dé, go raibh a h-anam uasal.
May she rest in peace.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Today I lost my Mum on 02:04 - Jan 1 with 1067 viewsLeedsR

Condolences to you and yours Toast_R and may your mum Rest In Peace. As tough as this time is, and particularly that last 48 hours, you were there with her mate, you were there. It’s probably scant consolation right now, but you were able to be there for her and that would have meant the world.

Mind how you go.
Today I lost my Mum on 05:27 - Jan 1 with 1017 viewsbongo_king

Sorry for your loss fella. Beautiful words which would make her proud. Just over 2 years since I lost my mum just down the road in St Helier, horrific sleepless days and I know the feeling at a time of year most people are enjoying. Stay strong, it probably never heals entirely but does get easier.
Today I lost my Mum on 06:39 - Jan 1 with 1006 viewsJAPRANGERS

RIP to your wonderful Mum!

She sounded like such a wonderful person!

I hope you can feel better about things with time.
Today I lost my Mum on 09:34 - Jan 1 with 927 viewsGaryBannister86

So sorry for your loss. Words never seem that helpful, but I do know that grief is a very strange thing - look after yourself and you will find comfort in time.
Today I lost my Mum on 09:53 - Jan 1 with 896 viewshook_hoops

That's a lovely tribute to your mum, may she rest in peace.
Today I lost my Mum on 10:32 - Jan 1 with 840 viewsmarky67

my condolonces go out to you and your family at this sad time

i lost my mum on new years day 17 years ago now so i know how much a difficult time this is now and in the future, but always remember the good times you had and raise a glass in her memory, she may be gone but never forgotten.
Today I lost my Mum on 10:35 - Jan 1 with 835 viewseghamranger

So sorry for your loss. She was a great person and mum.
I lost mine on Christmas Eve last year. It’s always bitter sweet but inevitable that it will happen and now in no pain.
Time is certainly a healer and you will have great memories to cherish

Take care. This forum is very special and some amazing comments on here
Today I lost my Mum on 10:37 - Jan 1 with 832 viewsterryb

So sad to read this Toast R.

Best wishes & condolences to yourself, family & friends.

Please can I take this opportunity to pass those on to every board member that has lost a loved one in 2023.

As a board , we often disagree & sometimes get personal, but when needed we really do rally round in support of each other.
Today I lost my Mum on 10:42 - Jan 1 with 824 viewsSuperhoops2808

Sorry for your loss mate

Of course its good she's no longer in pain, but left a huge hole in you and your brothers life.

May she RIP
Today I lost my Mum on 11:21 - Jan 1 with 786 viewswestberksr

sincere condolences to you and your family Toast....

she sound like a wonderful Mum and the extent of your sadness reflects this; hopefully the pain will pass as the happy memories carry you through.

RIP
Today I lost my Mum on 11:22 - Jan 1 with 789 viewsflynnbo

Dear Toast,
I am so very sorry to hear about your mum's passing and send my sincerest condolences to you, your brother and the rest of the family. As teachers, it's always nice to hear how we can affect young people's lives and mostly it's for the better. However, please accept my apologies for making you an R as we seem to have more than our fair show of disappointmenrts and I hope you won't hold that against me!
You only get one mum and your mum seems to have been a very, very special one and you will always have those memories to treasure.
Take care Toast and let's hope the team can go some way to alleviate your sadness at this time.
PS I tried to post something along these lines last night but I noticed that it didn't materialise. COYRs.
Today I lost my Mum on 13:12 - Jan 1 with 741 viewsRangersDave

Hi Toast,

Just read your post, and had to read all the others on here.

While i'm so sad for you at this time (condolences), i'm always happy to see the 'family' of QPR coming together to offer support in these times.

Remember mate, we are there for you.
Best
Dave

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Today I lost my Mum on 14:04 - Jan 1 with 694 viewsDamo1962

My condolences fella.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024