Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Most over-rated players at the Rs 21:49 - Jan 24 with 8804 viewsstainrods_elbow

Rob Steiner. Gerry loved him inexplicably, but I thought he was pony. Six goals in a couple of dozen games, and only 100 odd games in his whole (albeit injury-curtailed) career. I rest my case.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Most over-rated players at the Rs on 21:56 - Jan 24 with 5465 viewsnumptydumpty

I think although he was a complete headcase, Joey Barton was also just an average midfield player.

All.the baggage that came.with him, tended to over shadow the reality that he was just simply ok and nothing that special

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

Most over-rated players at the Rs on 22:15 - Jan 24 with 5401 viewsdaveB

I quite liked Rob Steiner although we were dreadful at the time so anyone who looked even half decent was highly rated back then
Most over-rated players at the Rs on 22:26 - Jan 24 with 5327 viewsLogman

Dani Parejo - unless the bar is passing the ball 5 yards sideways or getting caught in possession, then he lived up to the billing.

Agree with Joey Barton. Plenty of other candidates during the Hughes/Redknapp eras.
Most over-rated players at the Rs on 22:33 - Jan 24 with 5289 viewscolinallcars

How long have you got ?
Most over-rated players at the Rs on 23:18 - Jan 24 with 5148 viewsTomS

Most over-rated players at the Rs on 22:33 - Jan 24 by colinallcars

How long have you got ?

I agree, this could be a very, very long thread.
Remember fielding a side with multiple Champions League winning players, along with the Brazilian #1 keeper? That season was a shocker for multiple reasons and most of that squad deserve their own , individual nominations.

I'll nominate Julio Cesar. Bizarrely bought despite us picking up Rob Green over the summer and didn't convince anyone as being as good as his reputation suggested.
Most over-rated players at the Rs on 23:45 - Jan 24 with 5083 viewsChrisNW6

SWP end this thread now
Most over-rated players at the Rs on 00:01 - Jan 25 with 5038 viewsstainrods_elbow

Most over-rated players at the Rs on 23:45 - Jan 24 by ChrisNW6

SWP end this thread now

To try to delimit it a bit, I was really thinking of players who you feel too many fans thought too undeservedly highly of while they were here. (SWP doesn't fit that parameter - everyone, more or less, agreed he was crap.)

For the record, I also thought Cesar was an overpaid ponce.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Most over-rated players at the Rs on 00:12 - Jan 25 with 5017 viewsR_from_afar

Others seemed to really rate Pacquette but I saw him play quite a few times and while he had ability, he was very lazy.

Other opinions are available

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Login to get fewer ads

Most over-rated players at the Rs on 00:25 - Jan 25 with 4991 viewsVancouverHoop

Most over-rated players at the Rs on 22:26 - Jan 24 by Logman

Dani Parejo - unless the bar is passing the ball 5 yards sideways or getting caught in possession, then he lived up to the billing.

Agree with Joey Barton. Plenty of other candidates during the Hughes/Redknapp eras.

Parejo... Really?

Since leaving us he's enjoyed a 14 year career in La Liga, including team captaincy and played for Spain. That doesn't sound like an over-rated player to me.
Most over-rated players at the Rs on 02:46 - Jan 25 with 4912 viewsLogman

Most over-rated players at the Rs on 00:25 - Jan 25 by VancouverHoop

Parejo... Really?

Since leaving us he's enjoyed a 14 year career in La Liga, including team captaincy and played for Spain. That doesn't sound like an over-rated player to me.

When he was with us he was over-rated. Played the game at a snail's pace and got caught in possession on a regular basis. When he was with us.
Most over-rated players at the Rs on 07:22 - Jan 25 with 4728 viewsstevec

Michael Mancienne.
Most over-rated players at the Rs on 07:34 - Jan 25 with 4699 viewsWatford_Ranger

Most over-rated players at the Rs on 07:22 - Jan 25 by stevec

Michael Mancienne.

I thought he was going to go on to be a real player. Had an ok career in the end.

I never really warmed to Wells or Hugill. Looking back Wells scored 1 in 2 in his second spell but 1 in 6 the first time. Felt like less to me.

Bircham- top bloke, bled blue and white etc etc. but not convinced he was all that good.
Most over-rated players at the Rs on 07:58 - Jan 25 with 4653 viewspriceyparkrangers

Matthew Rose
Most over-rated players at the Rs on 08:06 - Jan 25 with 4627 viewsThaiHoop

This is probably going to get me slaughtered but I think Chair may come into this category.

I like him and won't deny he's one of our better players now (arguably our best) but in the kingdom of the blind the one eyed man is king.

I think if he goes to the prem he'll get found out big time......he's not even close to Eze who he seems to get compared to by some when talking about his value.

Off to put my tin hat on!! đź«Ł
Most over-rated players at the Rs on 08:10 - Jan 25 with 4614 viewsShotKneesHoop

R’SWiPe …..

No-one comes close to this useless expensive waste of space. That’s why he’s still mentioned at the foot of every post I upload here!

Although the solitary goal in all of his four years that he scored at Chelscum produced some of the best posts ever seen on this site.

“Shaun’s Shanked Redemption”

“One flew into the Chelscum net”

“Shaun the Sheepish”

“Shaun of Any Respect”
[Post edited 25 Jan 8:25]

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Most over-rated players at the Rs on 08:36 - Jan 25 with 4540 viewskingsburyR

For me it was always Tony Roberts.

Not sure how many appearances he made for us but I never once rated him.

He made a full career out of his position as a player and coach so fair play to him!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Most over-rated players at the Rs on 08:45 - Jan 25 with 4520 viewsGaryBannister86

Most over-rated players at the Rs on 08:36 - Jan 25 by kingsburyR

For me it was always Tony Roberts.

Not sure how many appearances he made for us but I never once rated him.

He made a full career out of his position as a player and coach so fair play to him!

Yeah but surely he wasn't "overrated"? No-one rated him that I knew of. He was terrible.
Most over-rated players at the Rs on 09:14 - Jan 25 with 4445 viewsderbyhoop

Ainsworth.

Loads of effort and commitment but I'd swap all of that for a 10% improvement in quality.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Most over-rated players at the Rs on 09:20 - Jan 25 with 4428 viewsterryb

Lee Camp.

He was brilliant both times he came on loan, but ordinary to poor after he signed permanently.
Most over-rated players at the Rs on 09:51 - Jan 25 with 4341 viewsChrisNW6

Danny Dichio, don't think he ever really lived up to the hype. Didn't have a bad career though and it surprised me that he racked up over 400 games at 11 different clubs.
Most over-rated players at the Rs on 10:05 - Jan 25 with 4305 viewsizlingtonhoop

Most over-rated players at the Rs on 08:45 - Jan 25 by GaryBannister86

Yeah but surely he wasn't "overrated"? No-one rated him that I knew of. He was terrible.

Went to Stockport for FA cup. Two of us with a Sunderland mate. Stejskal got injured and Tony came on to a rousing chorus of 'sheep, sheep' etc.

Mackem exclaims: but he's your own player!?
Most over-rated players at the Rs on 10:05 - Jan 25 with 4307 viewsaston_hoop

Marc Bircham always feels like the answer to this. His love for the club and a couple of big goals v Brentford completely masking the fact he was a bang-average midfielder

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Most over-rated players at the Rs on 10:24 - Jan 25 with 4226 viewsR_from_afar

Most over-rated players at the Rs on 08:10 - Jan 25 by ShotKneesHoop

R’SWiPe …..

No-one comes close to this useless expensive waste of space. That’s why he’s still mentioned at the foot of every post I upload here!

Although the solitary goal in all of his four years that he scored at Chelscum produced some of the best posts ever seen on this site.

“Shaun’s Shanked Redemption”

“One flew into the Chelscum net”

“Shaun the Sheepish”

“Shaun of Any Respect”
[Post edited 25 Jan 8:25]

On Hawksbee and Jacobs' radio show the day after, with Chelsea fan Jacobs still seething, Hawksbee described it as "the goal which shook the world" .

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Most over-rated players at the Rs on 10:57 - Jan 25 with 4180 viewsBluce_Ree

Gavin Peacock.

People fking loved that fraud because he arrived with Spencer and, I think, Mark Kennedy. So suddenly it felt like we were getting a bit of proven quality into the side.

The thing is, in a side that was 2-0 up Peacock looked pretty good. Would swan around playing the occasional good pass or chipping in with a goal. But when you needed him he was fking invisible.

And, I've said it before, but I believe there was some sort of weird bet going on with his penalties.

Shite.
[Post edited 25 Jan 10:59]

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Most over-rated players at the Rs on 11:06 - Jan 25 with 4149 viewsBluce_Ree

Most over-rated players at the Rs on 09:51 - Jan 25 by ChrisNW6

Danny Dichio, don't think he ever really lived up to the hype. Didn't have a bad career though and it surprised me that he racked up over 400 games at 11 different clubs.

I liked Danny. He loved the Rs and had terrible long hair just like I did at the time.

Not sure he's overrated. Pretty sure everyone thinks he's shit. But 20 goals in 75 appearances for the Rs is er.... very QPR. It's not terrible. Especially as some of those were in the Prem.

Gallen got 90 in 365 appearances which is a similar strike rate. I didn't really care for Gallen with his odd Aphex Twin/Spandau Ballet face. In a one-on-one vs the keeper, I'd always bet against him. He needed tap-ins. Out of those 90 goals how many were outside the area? One?

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024