Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
St. Valentines Day Massacre?...Stoke City away match thread. 08:02 - Feb 12 with 54416 viewsGruntfuttock

Never started one before...never even thought of it. But the new QPR calls for a new thread starter...I'm going 2-1 to us (not exactly a massacre, but it'll do)
St. Valentines Day Massacre?...Stoke City away match thread. on 20:37 - Feb 14 with 1931 viewsNed_Kennedys

A lacklustre first half and no surprise that Stoke took the lead.
Our forward players haven’t imposed themselves enough: Armstrong needs to play to the whistle not fall over or throw his hands in the air expecting a free kick every time.

Much better second half needed.
St. Valentines Day Massacre?...Stoke City away match thread. on 20:37 - Feb 14 with 1908 viewsLowerloftLad

We now need to launch the kitchen sink at stoke second half we cannot afford to lose this one.

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

St. Valentines Day Massacre?...Stoke City away match thread. on 20:38 - Feb 14 with 1888 viewsdmm

For that corner, they mostly just standing around gawping at the ball. No movement, no challenging, nothing. Dreadful.
St. Valentines Day Massacre?...Stoke City away match thread. on 20:38 - Feb 14 with 1838 viewsSherryHoop

The goal is as annoying as watching with Stoke's commentators.

When they were pressuring us that Berkovic clearance change the vibe. Goal felt inevitable after that. Another aaaaaaargh

Long way to go. We need to step up and get on the ball.

Come on Marti....sort it out.

U Rs
St. Valentines Day Massacre?...Stoke City away match thread. on 20:39 - Feb 14 with 1800 viewsRangersw12

Should have been two up

Don't know what Begovic was doing with that pass then piss poor defending from the corner

Livid
St. Valentines Day Massacre?...Stoke City away match thread. on 20:39 - Feb 14 with 1790 viewsMalintabuk

Not sure what Marti's plans here tonight but whatever it was that goal put paid to that.
It was almost as if he decided to keep it tight in the 1st half frustrate Stoke and then have a go in the 2nd half.
But that was really poor, we started off pretty well, and Stoke were really there for the taking, and all we did is surrender the initiative and allow them to come into it, resulting in Charity Park Rangers conceding from yet another corner, that was a really poor goal. Totally unmarked header, totally unmarked tap in...........FFs
Well now what. Smyth needs to come off and Andersen on. We need another forward up with Armstrong as he is so far on his own up front it must be very lonely him and 3 defenders.
God sake Rangers don't let this chance slip away. This really is a shadow of the team of the last few games.
St. Valentines Day Massacre?...Stoke City away match thread. on 20:39 - Feb 14 with 1774 viewsjoolsyp

St. Valentines Day Massacre?...Stoke City away match thread. on 20:36 - Feb 14 by FredManRave

We raise our game against decent teams and lower our game against shit teams, usually to just below their level.

Game's not over yet though. If there's one thing we've seen over recent weeks it's our comebackability.

Not throwing in the towel yet...

I sincerely hope we grow a pair second half and just attack. If results stay as they are we’re going to be 5 points adrift with 14 games left. Don’t fancy our chances if that happens. Come on Rs!
St. Valentines Day Massacre?...Stoke City away match thread. on 20:39 - Feb 14 with 1750 viewsToast_R

Huddersfield showing the fight that QPR just don't have
Login to get fewer ads

St. Valentines Day Massacre?...Stoke City away match thread. on 20:39 - Feb 14 with 1735 viewsBurnleyhoop

St. Valentines Day Massacre?...Stoke City away match thread. on 20:33 - Feb 14 by Superhoops2808

In my opinion that was undeserved - We have been the better side but that last 10 minutes it was getting closer

Too flat, too slow, absolutely no intensity. Chair and Smyth are playing at walking pace. Do we not want to win this game?
St. Valentines Day Massacre?...Stoke City away match thread. on 20:39 - Feb 14 with 1730 viewsHooparoo

Frey on for Armstrong and Andersen for
Smyth. No time to fck around with this one

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

St. Valentines Day Massacre?...Stoke City away match thread. on 20:40 - Feb 14 with 1672 viewsStreathamRanger

That was bad. Started brightly then for some reason completely took our foot off the pedal. Build up to the goal started with a shit pass out from Begovic. We'd be so much better with a decent keeper. He made a couple of decent saves but always looks vulnerable playing out from the back.
We need to stay calm and not concede another. Maybe give Armstrong another 10 minutes but Frey's instincts could be just what we need.
For me, Smyth always looks better coming off the bench when defences are tired. He's not been great so far.
St. Valentines Day Massacre?...Stoke City away match thread. on 20:40 - Feb 14 with 1650 viewsRangersw12

St. Valentines Day Massacre?...Stoke City away match thread. on 20:39 - Feb 14 by joolsyp

I sincerely hope we grow a pair second half and just attack. If results stay as they are we’re going to be 5 points adrift with 14 games left. Don’t fancy our chances if that happens. Come on Rs!

4 points adrift
St. Valentines Day Massacre?...Stoke City away match thread. on 20:41 - Feb 14 with 1615 viewsnumptydumpty

Deservedly behind.

Seem to be playing within ourselves and it was almost as if we let them score. Ie there seems to be a lack of urgency in all areas of the pitch currently.

First fifteen minutes looked.good and since then we have just almost.gone on a go slow.

Probably expected but a bizarre performance so far

Seems to be a lack of effort
[Post edited 14 Feb 20:42]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

St. Valentines Day Massacre?...Stoke City away match thread. on 20:41 - Feb 14 with 1607 viewsLogman

Only got ourselves to blame for this. Very pedestrian. Should have put Field in for Hayden who has done nothing.
St. Valentines Day Massacre?...Stoke City away match thread. on 20:42 - Feb 14 with 1534 viewsconnell10

No movement and no energy!! We looked like we were playing for a draw. We are as slow as fock.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

St. Valentines Day Massacre?...Stoke City away match thread. on 20:42 - Feb 14 with 1521 viewsrbee

St. Valentines Day Massacre?...Stoke City away match thread. on 20:23 - Feb 14 by FredManRave

Not sure what some are expecting . This isn't QPRvs Norwich at a packed LR on a Saturday afternoon.

It's Sjoke at home with their whingey fan base not even filling half of the stadium on a cold Wednesday night in a relegation 6 pointer.

We're the better teaam, slightly, looking the more controlled and looking more creative.

Good save from Begovitch...
[Post edited 14 Feb 20:26]

A good question.

I was expecting more, much more. This has had the feel of a first game of the season.

As I said earlier I felt that we were lacking intensity, taking our time with throw in's, playing the ball casually around. This approach from the kick off sets the tone for the half and in my opinion plays in to the hands of the home side.

We really have to start the second half on the front foot, taking the game to Stoke, putting them under the pressure, setting the tone of the half how we want it.

Looking weak defending corners once again, perhaps the lack of height that someone mentioned.
St. Valentines Day Massacre?...Stoke City away match thread. on 20:43 - Feb 14 with 1468 viewsQPunkR

Can't see where 2 goals are coming from on tonight's showing, we've played with near zero intensity and Armstrong is completely isolated

QPR - "shit but local"

St. Valentines Day Massacre?...Stoke City away match thread. on 20:43 - Feb 14 with 1469 viewsjoolsyp

St. Valentines Day Massacre?...Stoke City away match thread. on 20:40 - Feb 14 by Rangersw12

4 points adrift

You’re right, I’d forgotten about ‘Waaaaaaaaal!
St. Valentines Day Massacre?...Stoke City away match thread. on 20:43 - Feb 14 with 1463 viewsNorthantsHoop

St. Valentines Day Massacre?...Stoke City away match thread. on 20:39 - Feb 14 by Hooparoo

We need not to lose this game a draw will suffice, not sure if we can manage it as it looks a bit like that Millwall away game at Christmas at the moment.
St. Valentines Day Massacre?...Stoke City away match thread. on 20:43 - Feb 14 with 1449 viewsDesertBoot

St. Valentines Day Massacre?...Stoke City away match thread. on 20:36 - Feb 14 by Benny_the_Ball

Disagree. Instead of going at a nervous opposition, we allowed Stoke to build momentum by ceding possession and looking to catch them on the break. After conceding several set pieces the pressure finally told.

Since Smyth’s shot at the keeper we’ve been awful and let a dreadful Stoke side into the game and more. We deserve to be losing and hope they all got a kick up the rear by Marti.

Wish I could be like David Watts

St. Valentines Day Massacre?...Stoke City away match thread. on 20:44 - Feb 14 with 1421 viewstraininvain

Need to take your chances in tight games like this and you could sense Stoke feeling emboldened following Smyth’s two misses. Second one was a half chance but the first one he’s pretty much one on one with a tall keeper and shoots at body height instead of going low. Poor decision making.

Always felt like we needed to get something out of that early spell of pressure and no surprise to see us concede from a set piece again.
St. Valentines Day Massacre?...Stoke City away match thread. on 20:44 - Feb 14 with 1371 viewsstevec

St. Valentines Day Massacre?...Stoke City away match thread. on 20:40 - Feb 14 by Rangersw12

4 points adrift

But at least it’s Millwall.
St. Valentines Day Massacre?...Stoke City away match thread. on 20:44 - Feb 14 with 1373 viewsconnell10

We were actually time wasting in that first half ,awful tactics.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

St. Valentines Day Massacre?...Stoke City away match thread. on 20:44 - Feb 14 with 1367 viewsFDC

St. Valentines Day Massacre?...Stoke City away match thread. on 20:39 - Feb 14 by Hooparoo

Anderson on would need a change of shape to a 433 I reckon, can't see him being a straight swap, but maybe

Chair Frey Anderson
Colback Hodge Hayden

Wonder if Field might come on for Hayden though. I wonder if Frey and Hayden have got 45 in them?
St. Valentines Day Massacre?...Stoke City away match thread. on 20:45 - Feb 14 with 1296 viewsSpaceman_P

absolute bell ends.... both Stoke and Us.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024