Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chair 13:22 - Mar 7 with 2638 viewsstainrods_elbow

Looked off colour last night, as I mentioned. Thoughts from the hive?
[Post edited 7 Mar 13:23]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Chair on 13:25 - Mar 7 with 2577 viewsconnell10

Put a massive shift in against Leicester, so probably just a tad knackered.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Chair on 13:27 - Mar 7 with 2562 viewsstainrods_elbow

But so did all of them - I expected, and wanted, more from him on the night.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Chair on 13:37 - Mar 7 with 2518 viewskarlski

I’d say he was fine, not hitting the heights of some recent performances but not off colour completely - contributed to an all round good team performance.

I do think now there are better players around (+ players on better form), that he could go the next level if he starts to develop better interplay with them.

Must say his general level of effort / commitment has been absolutely outstanding for most of this season.
Chair on 13:46 - Mar 7 with 2448 viewsdannyblue

I think he's fine. He just isn't our only creative light and doesn't have to do it all himself now.

In the right circumstances I'm really looking forward to watching interplay between Andersen, Chair, & Willock...perhaps with Armstrong in front to force the defence deep and give them space to play in.

Chair is guilty of only passing to people he thinks are good, and there was one pass he made to Andersen last night which told me he thinks he's good!
Chair on 13:50 - Mar 7 with 2415 viewsRangersw12

Thought he did well and battled hard as per usual

Don't think anyone was off colour last night and seems a bit of strange comment after we battered them for 94 mins
Chair on 13:51 - Mar 7 with 2396 viewsQPRConor2000

He done well last night, probably a little tired but thats expected after two hard games.
Chair on 14:00 - Mar 7 with 2338 viewsNorthernr

I don't think anybody was off colour last night. We've just absolutely battered them for 90 minutes. They were begging for the final whistle.
Chair on 14:31 - Mar 7 with 2194 viewsParkRoyalR

Positives - Showed for the ball as always, one excellent cross for Frey should have put us 1-0 up, great swerving shot led to opening goal, plus went outside and crossed with his left once if not twice, which we need to see more of.

Slight Negatives - Noticeably slowed down one or two attacks by taking too many touches and corners wer'nt great, still not sure why if he takes all the set-pieces he does'nt take the penalties.
Login to get fewer ads

Chair on 14:36 - Mar 7 with 2150 viewsdaveB

Chair on 14:31 - Mar 7 by ParkRoyalR

Positives - Showed for the ball as always, one excellent cross for Frey should have put us 1-0 up, great swerving shot led to opening goal, plus went outside and crossed with his left once if not twice, which we need to see more of.

Slight Negatives - Noticeably slowed down one or two attacks by taking too many touches and corners wer'nt great, still not sure why if he takes all the set-pieces he does'nt take the penalties.

He missed a penalty last season so came off them
Chair on 14:42 - Mar 7 with 2081 viewsQPROslo

I didn't think I he was at his very best last night. Held onto the ball a little too much, didn't link up with Andersen when I thought he could have to good effect. Didn't find many openings in their defence.
But Ok, put a lot of work in as always.
Chair on 15:00 - Mar 7 with 1972 viewsBenny_the_Ball

I think it spoke volumes for the team's performance that Chair was outshone by several outstanding displays.
Chair on 15:02 - Mar 7 with 1961 viewsswisscottage

Part of why he looked less influential yesterday was that WBA nearly always had four or 5 around him when he was playing on the left. One of the reasons we had more joy down the right.

When Willock came on, and Chair moved more central he started to influence the game more.
Chair on 15:12 - Mar 7 with 1889 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Must have been quite a thing wearing the Number 10 shirt last night.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Chair on 15:12 - Mar 7 with 1882 viewskensalriser

I'm going to send him a strongly worded letter. Attention will be drawn to the decent chance he ballooned over the bar. I'll try not to mention anything stone related.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Chair on 15:14 - Mar 7 with 1855 viewsHAYESBOY

Chair on 15:12 - Mar 7 by kensalriser

I'm going to send him a strongly worded letter. Attention will be drawn to the decent chance he ballooned over the bar. I'll try not to mention anything stone related.

Don't mention the stone wall penalty,
I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it...........
[Post edited 7 Mar 15:17]

Smells like a trout farm in here

Chair on 15:26 - Mar 7 with 1784 viewsthehat

We gave him a 6/10 in the car afterwards - Not bad but can pick the wrong option when he gets into good areas and his set pieces do fall short.

Very rarely gets subbed so probably playing with tired legs. I wonder if sometimes if Larkeche can come on for him at 70 minutes.

BTW we gave Field a 10/10 can’t remember the last time we did that.
Chair on 17:44 - Mar 7 with 1481 viewsqprd

Chair on 15:00 - Mar 7 by Benny_the_Ball

I think it spoke volumes for the team's performance that Chair was outshone by several outstanding displays.

this is spot on, i think

chair played fine

we're used to him dominating (or at least being very very centrally involved in proceedings)

last night ,anderson was absolutely brilliant and did a lot of the link up, collecting the ball in midfield role that chair often does... smyth also had the left back on toast, particularly in the second half

chair was less involved, but only bc others played so well... but he certainly was up to his normal standards
Chair on 18:38 - Mar 7 with 1353 viewsNoelmc

Agree that it was not one of his better performances last night. However I thought that was largely down to the very good marking job Furlong did on him. Seemed to follow Ilias even when he dropped deep and is very hard to beat in one-on-one situations. He's a strong, fast and intelligent defender and probably one of the toughest opponents Ilias will face in the Championship.

I'd love to still have him in our team and that goal-line clearance, as mentioned elsewhere, was outstanding. He even managed it without using his hand!
[Post edited 7 Mar 18:40]
Chair on 18:46 - Mar 7 with 1299 viewsHastings_Hoops

Chair on 13:27 - Mar 7 by stainrods_elbow

But so did all of them - I expected, and wanted, more from him on the night.

I blame Lee Hoos.
Chair on 13:00 - Mar 8 with 956 viewsmart_Goblin

He was doubled up on constantly . Re watched the match last night and the tv commentary mentioned it.
He wanted to skip passed Furlong cutting in on his right as is his thing but they always had someone covering so he couldn’t hence why he had to go outside of Furlong more than usual .
Chair on 14:04 - Mar 8 with 857 viewsTheChef

Chair on 13:00 - Mar 8 by mart_Goblin

He was doubled up on constantly . Re watched the match last night and the tv commentary mentioned it.
He wanted to skip passed Furlong cutting in on his right as is his thing but they always had someone covering so he couldn’t hence why he had to go outside of Furlong more than usual .

The Chair cut in on his right must be the least surprising thing in the Championship.
[Post edited 8 Mar 14:05]

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Chair on 15:06 - Mar 8 with 734 viewsBrazilNutR

Agree some of his attacking play didn't quite come off at times, but his commitment and tracking back when we lost the ball I thought was exceptional, he pressed really well, causing several errors,.. sometimes it is hard to work so hard defensively and still maintain the same level of danger in attacking situations, but thought he was great still and opposition teams are marking him more... which can work to our favor now we seem to have some other players that can play...

I still can't get over how much we dominated WBA for 90 minutes (except the 2 minutes of crazyness).. I don't recall ever seeing us that dominant in a game..
Chair on 15:36 - Mar 8 with 641 viewsCFW

We have/had a run of tough games in a short space of time - Leicester, West Brom, Boro and Sunderland away. Now that we have added to the squad with a bit more quality and the injury problems we have had in the past appear to have been resolved Marti has been very smart in resting players but as already mentioned Chair has not been rested and must be worn out. He always puts in a shift no matter how well or not he plays. The court case must be on his mind so, for me, hats off to the lad. Well done son.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024