Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Boro Refection 17:50 - Mar 9 with 4264 viewsbluenwhite10

After Wednesday night’s performance expectations were high but in true QPR tradition we were brought back down to earth with a bang.

Lots of possession in the 1st half without actually producing anything meaningful but looking very comfortable against a very poor side.

I believe we all thought it would come and let’s be patient when we went in at halftime.

The 2nd half polar opposite to Wednesday’s 2nd halfand very poor especially the balls into the box and not being able to break the lines and yes the inevitable happened and Boro scored and a second soon followed.

I can honestly it was poor and we never looked like creating anything and 3 points dropped against a poor side. We looked tired and clueless as the game progressed.

Poor performances from Cook, Chair, Field, Frey but at a push MOM Dunne.

But this week really sums up life as a QPR fan with the extremes of the highs of Leicester and Lows of Boro and the emotions of Wednesday.

Up the R’s
Boro Refection on 17:56 - Mar 9 with 2776 viewsstainrods_elbow

Boro are/were certainly not a poor side; they were far better, and more dangerous, than WBA, especially in that 2nd half. On another day, we get our noses in front and win, or at least don't lose, that game. I think we just lacked the physical and mental strength to negotiate that 2nd half in the manner required, which is the disappointing thing.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Boro Refection on 17:57 - Mar 9 with 2767 viewsjoolsyp

Agreed on Dunne MoM. Andersen was excellent first half but faded in the second. We lost it in central midfield today, neither Field nor Colback getting forward with purpose. Compare them to Howson for Boro who I thought was excellent, best player on the park.
Boro Refection on 17:59 - Mar 9 with 2752 viewsQPRConor2000

You do have to wonder whether Wednesday took a lot out of us, we looked very leggy especially in that 2nd half.

I think we cant dwell on that result, Boro deserved it.

Important thing is that we stay humble now and go again next week, Sunderland away next week wont be easy, especially in front of an expectant home crowd.
Boro Refection on 17:59 - Mar 9 with 2741 viewscolinallcars

There were 3 points for the taking, Boro were awful.
But as always we make a complete mess of it.
Boro Refection on 18:02 - Mar 9 with 2719 viewsQPRConor2000

Boro Refection on 17:59 - Mar 9 by colinallcars

There were 3 points for the taking, Boro were awful.
But as always we make a complete mess of it.

Thats QPR for you,

Cant dwell on it too much though, still nine games left to play.
Boro Refection on 18:02 - Mar 9 with 2701 viewsBenny_the_Ball

QPR looked very much a team that put heart and soul into Wednesday. Physical and mental fatigue was evident. Conversely, Boro looked like a team that had played the majority of their midweek game against 10 men. They simply had far more in the tank.
Boro Refection on 18:03 - Mar 9 with 2698 viewsManinBlack

Boro Refection on 17:59 - Mar 9 by QPRConor2000

You do have to wonder whether Wednesday took a lot out of us, we looked very leggy especially in that 2nd half.

I think we cant dwell on that result, Boro deserved it.

Important thing is that we stay humble now and go again next week, Sunderland away next week wont be easy, especially in front of an expectant home crowd.

As we ran West Brom ragged I fear they will be leggy like us today allowing Huddersfield to capitalise and go above us. Hope this won't be the case.
Boro Refection on 18:09 - Mar 9 with 2636 viewsrbee

63% of first half possession brought Ole's from the crowd and little in the way of creating good chances.

It's been a very tough week for everyone involved with the club so we don't dwell on it and take some well earned rest and prepare for next Saturday.

On the back of six defeats the Sunderland fans will start complaining very quickly if we can contain them at the beginning of the game.
Login to get fewer ads

Boro Refection on 18:24 - Mar 9 with 2535 viewsStanisgod

Boro Refection on 17:57 - Mar 9 by joolsyp

Agreed on Dunne MoM. Andersen was excellent first half but faded in the second. We lost it in central midfield today, neither Field nor Colback getting forward with purpose. Compare them to Howson for Boro who I thought was excellent, best player on the park.

After 2 games with Hayden instead of Colback with Field I think you could see the problem there. Hayden will move the ball forward quicker so Field doesn't have to play so deep but when Colback plays they both play to deep leaving a hole in the middle.
Colback.only pushed forward when we were losing.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Boro Refection on 18:32 - Mar 9 with 2484 viewsBAWHoops

Really frustrating as a win today and we were getting close to being out of it.
But in reality we were off it. A bright start and then Howson took over the middle and we were just to slow. Clarke at the back for them monstered us and we got nothing from him (he assisted their first as well).
They defended very well (the block on Smyth when he went through was excellent) and we were sloppy at times.
Need to move on though and fast. Most here likely would've predicted 4 points from Leicester, WBA and Boro so we are probably at about par.
We have 4 games coming up where there should be points on offer
Sunderland a
Birmingham h
Swansea a
Sheff Weds h
We need to make those games count to give us a little breathing space and make sure that away game to Plymouth isn't all or nothing ahead of a tricky run in.

We have the capabilities to do this

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Boro Refection on 18:48 - Mar 9 with 2369 viewsSonofpugwash

Back in the shit again.How the f*ck did we lose to that lot?

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Boro Refection on 18:52 - Mar 9 with 2354 viewskensalriser

Really scratching my head at Boro being described as poor, very poor and awful. They're just not. They're a straight along the line, standard to middling Championship side, no star players, but well drilled and capable of hurting you if you give them an inch, and we gave them several.

And as already mentioned, they had an easy midweek win against ten men and the additional stamina made the difference second half.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Boro Refection on 18:56 - Mar 9 with 2329 viewsPunteR

I didn't come away from the game thinking we were awful. In fact i thought we played really well. We look like a proper team giving a promotion chasing team a run for their money. The ball just didn't fall right for us today but i felt we gave it everything. We just lacked that bit of quality in the box. Jury still out for me regarding Frey.
To my untrained eye, I'm not sure the outfield players could have done too much about the first goal , maybe the 2nd felt like a soft goal to concede but my overriding memory was watching Begovic flap for both.
Bad day at the office. We was never going to win all our remaining fixtures and its still game on!
Willock looks bang in form btw.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Boro Refection on 19:05 - Mar 9 with 2269 viewsFDC

Dunno man, my crude takeaway is that was a kick in the knackers, played better than the other team and lost two nil. I'm absolutely gutted, and pretty livid with our goal keeper, I hope Martì and our players are mentally stronger than me
Boro Refection on 19:28 - Mar 9 with 2150 viewsMungoJezza

Clearly the exertions of Wednesday's match against the Baggies had a bearing on today's flat performance. However, once again we were the victims of poor officiating. There is a clear offside in the build up to Boro's first goal. Boro's second goal resulted from a breakaway after Willock is fouled. The ref considers giving the free kick, then appears to play the advantage. Willock passes to Anderson who gets tackled, arguably fouled. No advantage gained, so surely the play should be restarted with a free kick to us?!
Boro Refection on 19:30 - Mar 9 with 2136 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Boro Refection on 18:09 - Mar 9 by rbee

63% of first half possession brought Ole's from the crowd and little in the way of creating good chances.

It's been a very tough week for everyone involved with the club so we don't dwell on it and take some well earned rest and prepare for next Saturday.

On the back of six defeats the Sunderland fans will start complaining very quickly if we can contain them at the beginning of the game.

The ole's at 0-0 in the first half weren't the cleverest!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Boro Refection on 19:42 - Mar 9 with 2069 viewswortonr

How on Earth anyone can say Boro were poor is beyond me. They hardly put a foot wrong all night, were disciplined and took over the game in the second half when we ran out of steam. They deserved to win. One of the better sides we have played imo.
Boro Refection on 19:43 - Mar 9 with 2067 viewsParkRoyalR

Wrong Starting XI for me,

Frey did a lot of running on Wednesday especially late on to make up for his penalty miss, should never have started again today, was very poor,

Chair likewise has run himself into the ground in recent weeks and should have been rested,

Field arguably should not have been taken off as he was the man you need when they counter-attack for 2nd goal,

Still 1st goal looked a very dubious free-kick and 2nd goal shouldn't have happened had Ref given Hadyn free-kick for shirt being pulled rather than waved play on,

1st goal very lucky, 2nd goal we were all over the place without Field,

Decent enough performance but wrong Starting XI hamstrung substitutions and maybe being harsh but how did Frey start again today after only been fit for half hour 3 weeks ago.

We go again, enough quality in this squad just need to stick with Leicester + Bristol City Starting XI and stop tinkering!
Boro Refection on 19:46 - Mar 9 with 2031 viewsSpaceman_P

I found BORO well, exceptionally boring I'd actually be quite livid if I was their fans, but then again, they're as mediocre as their team.
Boro Refection on 20:05 - Mar 9 with 1921 viewsFDC

Boro Refection on 20:09 - Mar 9 with 1898 viewsessextaxiboy

I think they had watched the intensity that we played at on Wed and tried to match it . They raised it again after half time and we just didnt have enough in the tank .
They looked ponderous at the back so a bit surprised that Armstrong didnt get more minutes , maybe in combination with Frey for a bit .
Boro Refection on 20:09 - Mar 9 with 1895 viewsstevec

Boro Refection on 19:42 - Mar 9 by wortonr

How on Earth anyone can say Boro were poor is beyond me. They hardly put a foot wrong all night, were disciplined and took over the game in the second half when we ran out of steam. They deserved to win. One of the better sides we have played imo.

Me neither. Boro are a decent centre forward away from being a top six side.

They were stronger, they were faster. Eventually it broke us.

We did run out of legs, not because of Wednesday but because Boro ran us off them. They did to us what we did in 2010/11, overpower the oppo until they crumble.
Boro Refection on 20:19 - Mar 9 with 1844 viewsthemodfather

Maybe the emotion of Stan and West Brom efforts and beating fixes finally caught up with us? We are not Brazil and still in a drop scrap , as some say Keep the Faith many twists and turns to come , god forbid!
Boro Refection on 20:19 - Mar 9 with 1836 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Boro Refection on 19:30 - Mar 9 by BrianMcCarthy

The ole's at 0-0 in the first half weren't the cleverest!

Yes, I must admit I was cringing when the ole's started. Not a clever move as it wasn't warranted and perhaps transmitted the wrong message to the players.
Boro Refection on 20:24 - Mar 9 with 1812 viewsbaz_qpr

It was a classic we were out thought and and out fought. We were definitely leggy, but some really poor performances as well from Frey, Chair and Colback (for whom no excuse) in particular. Our movement was poor and they played 5 at the back with 3 deep in front of that and had 3 on us every time we got the ball. When we did break through we often overplayed turned back on ourselves and the chance was lost. For the first time in a while the changes from the bench made things no better. When they had the ball our press was leggy and easily beaten
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024