Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
has this season been frustrating or exciting. 20:26 - Mar 16 with 4607 viewsqpr_1968

our home crowds have been excellent
our away followings have been good.....
yet we've lingered at the bottom of the table all season.
i put a thread up a good while back asking you good folk what you'd prefer, promotion to the premier or winning the fa cup, most of you put winning the fa cup.
so i'm guessing dicing at the foot of the the table every week, the match is like a cup final in itself, hence our big crowds.
hanging around mid table is boring.
but a play off seems to suit most on here whether we win or lose.

its all about the excitement.....

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

has this season been frustrating or exciting. on 17:00 - Mar 17 with 2693 viewsqpr_1968

has this season been frustrating or exciting. on 17:30 - Mar 17 with 2628 viewsqueensparker

I’d describe it as stressful rather than exciting.

The Ainsworth era this season was as bad as it gets. We’d have been below Rotherham by now.

Watching Marti turn the team around with away days like Bristol and Leicester has been a pleasure to witness but if we still go down this will rank as my least favourite QPR season ever along with the last relegation to the third division.

If we stay up, keep Cifuentes and keep progressing then we could be in for better times but we’re nowhere near yet!
[Post edited 17 Mar 17:31]
has this season been frustrating or exciting. on 17:39 - Mar 17 with 2593 viewsNorthernr

It's been horrible.
has this season been frustrating or exciting. on 17:50 - Mar 17 with 2535 viewsjohnhoop

has this season been frustrating or exciting. on 17:39 - Mar 17 by Northernr

It's been horrible.

I think your description of it on the Oppo piece on the Sunderland website as being like a colonoscopy was pretty apt.
has this season been frustrating or exciting. on 19:03 - Mar 17 with 2450 viewsnix

If we stay up and keep Marti, it might just feel like it's been worth it. A bit like a root canal.
has this season been frustrating or exciting. on 19:18 - Mar 17 with 2434 viewsHarbour

Painful at times bloody stressful
has this season been frustrating or exciting. on 19:40 - Mar 17 with 2373 viewsdutch

I would say better than mid table mediocracy. Painful at times, joyous at others. The end result will determine the final verdict, but the fact that I still really care, study the table, look at the fixtures shows to me it has not been a boring season. If we stay up this will have been a good season.
has this season been frustrating or exciting. on 19:40 - Mar 17 with 2362 viewsDorse

Like getting a hand job off Freddy Krueger.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Login to get fewer ads

has this season been frustrating or exciting. on 19:44 - Mar 17 with 2331 viewsbosh67

has this season been frustrating or exciting. on 17:39 - Mar 17 by Northernr

It's been horrible.

This. Let's be honest. This.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

has this season been frustrating or exciting. on 19:55 - Mar 17 with 2312 viewsconnell10

It's been Shite simple as that.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

has this season been frustrating or exciting. on 20:09 - Mar 17 with 2272 viewsDesertBoot

Bloody awful.

Wish I could be like David Watts

has this season been frustrating or exciting. on 20:10 - Mar 17 with 2264 viewsqpr_1968

oh well, boils down to one thing what we are...

has this season been frustrating or exciting. on 09:24 - Mar 18 with 2083 viewsPaddyhoops

Horrendous. Frustrating thing is better times are ahead if we can just get above the line .
Everything is in place . Cracking manager . Top class defence . Competitive midfield. Rising crowds.
Sadly a terrible start , a manager clearly out his depth and lack of a decent goal scorer is may well what will send us down .
I will be present for most of the remaining games.
Am I looking forward to it? Not really by we need to get behind the team .
We’ve been a twelfth man all season. Let’s keep it going.
has this season been frustrating or exciting. on 09:35 - Mar 18 with 2055 viewsAndybrat

has this season been frustrating or exciting. on 09:24 - Mar 18 by Paddyhoops

Horrendous. Frustrating thing is better times are ahead if we can just get above the line .
Everything is in place . Cracking manager . Top class defence . Competitive midfield. Rising crowds.
Sadly a terrible start , a manager clearly out his depth and lack of a decent goal scorer is may well what will send us down .
I will be present for most of the remaining games.
Am I looking forward to it? Not really by we need to get behind the team .
We’ve been a twelfth man all season. Let’s keep it going.

Perfect answer
has this season been frustrating or exciting. on 09:37 - Mar 18 with 2050 viewsTheChef

What a ridiculous question.

In what way shape or form could this season be described as exciting?

2010/11 - yes, that season was exciting.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

has this season been frustrating or exciting. on 09:39 - Mar 18 with 2047 viewsMalintabuk

The first 3 months was total agony... it was a case of going to work and hoping beyond hope, that none of the lads mentions the footie at the weekend. Or worse "what happened to your lot the weekend" to reply "what happens every fcuking weekend"
But Les went, Ramsey went and we seem to have sorted out the upper management. Someone somewhere pulled a master stroke and got Marti in.
Then in January we get the cavalry, that the loon promised, finally arriving
And then we had Leicester......
All in all... crap with rays of hope. But I remember the money coming into the premier league and we got relegated. Knowing us we will do it again.... lose MC and be in L1 with some other loon
[Post edited 18 Mar 9:41]
has this season been frustrating or exciting. on 16:03 - Mar 18 with 1864 viewsqpr_1968

has this season been frustrating or exciting. on 09:37 - Mar 18 by TheChef

What a ridiculous question.

In what way shape or form could this season be described as exciting?

2010/11 - yes, that season was exciting.

absolutely not a ridiculous question.

when we lose everyones frustrated....
when we've won, everyone including on here, gets excited....

has this season been frustrating or exciting. on 16:08 - Mar 18 with 1845 viewsstainrods_elbow

has this season been frustrating or exciting. on 17:00 - Mar 17 by qpr_1968

Bloody hell - it looks like you're about a mile from/above the pitch in the away seats! It's not exactly intimately luminescent at the Stadium of Light, is it?

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

has this season been frustrating or exciting. on 16:12 - Mar 18 with 1848 viewsTheChef

has this season been frustrating or exciting. on 16:03 - Mar 18 by qpr_1968

absolutely not a ridiculous question.

when we lose everyones frustrated....
when we've won, everyone including on here, gets excited....

Well putting it like that, you could apply your question to every season QPR has played.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

has this season been frustrating or exciting. on 16:22 - Mar 18 with 1836 viewsqpr_1968

has this season been frustrating or exciting. on 16:12 - Mar 18 by TheChef

Well putting it like that, you could apply your question to every season QPR has played.

i know that.....and stating the obvious 2011, 1976...etc were well exciting...of course

and i know this seasons been painful.

but i did ask whether it was frustrating or exciting....the crowds are up
i did ask whether people would prefer winning the fa cup or promotion to the premier...most said the fa cup.....

personally i think its been painful but exciting....my opinion.

has this season been frustrating or exciting. on 16:28 - Mar 18 with 1817 viewsdaveB

If we stay up it's been an exciting second half to the season, if not it's not going to be well remembered and we'll rue a few of these draws and defeats in a few weeks

It does feel oddly exciting to be going to games that matter at this stage of the season when it's been pretty much dead rubbers the last few years after the clocks change. Even last year it never really felt like we were in a real battle as we were just crap and losing every week rather than going into games with hope and that feeling of terror.
has this season been frustrating or exciting. on 16:32 - Mar 18 with 1802 viewsJuzzie

It's amazing how much emotion we invest because, yes, I wouldn't call it either frustrating or exciting. It's been horrible and will continue to be horrible until/if safety is confirmed.
has this season been frustrating or exciting. on 16:32 - Mar 18 with 1806 viewsqpr_1968

has this season been frustrating or exciting. on 16:28 - Mar 18 by daveB

If we stay up it's been an exciting second half to the season, if not it's not going to be well remembered and we'll rue a few of these draws and defeats in a few weeks

It does feel oddly exciting to be going to games that matter at this stage of the season when it's been pretty much dead rubbers the last few years after the clocks change. Even last year it never really felt like we were in a real battle as we were just crap and losing every week rather than going into games with hope and that feeling of terror.

perhaps i worded it wrong, like i usually do, but i know what i mean lol.

couldnt have put that better meself dave.

has this season been frustrating or exciting. on 16:37 - Mar 18 with 1757 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Exciting in the sense that I can't wait till the Birmingham game...but then it might start getting frustrating from 3pm.
has this season been frustrating or exciting. on 16:54 - Mar 18 with 1691 viewsmwooly75

I think the most positive aspect of the season has been the way the supporters have stuck by the team throughout. I’ve seen 4 relegations in my time supporting the Rs and each time the atmosphere around the ground and the players turned toxic.

We all wanted GA to succeed but it was obvious he was tactically inept. Marti has come in ( pardon the Harry Redknap phrase !) as “a breath of fresh air!”

Like Beale, the Rs fans gave an unknown a chance, weighed him up, and like Beale - gave him maximum support. ( The reason Beale is so loathed is how he repaid us )

Marti is a good manager- the players play for him and he’s clearly addressed many issues- he has a solid back 4 ( and we’ll need it to be for 8 more games!)

The board have done well - both in the 4 players brought in but also in giving Birmingham Dozzell 🤣🤣

But to answer the question- it’s been a season of stop starts, no sooner do we look out of trouble pre Christmas winning 3 in a row- to the time we’re losing at Millwall and back in the mire.

January- 4 home games - I said we need 10 points- we got 4 !

And yet we’re out of the bottom 3 and playing well. Having great away wins at Blackburn, Leicester and Brizzle City - yet dropping points at home to Huddersfield, Baahdiff and Watford.

So it’s been both - frustrating and exciting-

I think we’ll survive- I hope we do, and I think in Marti we have a manager who both understands the club and can coach.

COYRS !
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024