Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Game Has Jumped The Shark 07:27 - Apr 5 with 3055 viewsDorse

An article for the more financially astute here. Not me: I invested all my funds in Mrs Brown's Boys action figures.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/68713522

The stat that shocked me the most was that over the period 2014-2023, Nottingham Forest's net spend was only £12m behind Real Madrid!

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

The Game Has Jumped The Shark on 07:55 - Apr 5 with 2959 viewsstevec

Fair play to Brentford, financially they seem to be doing it exactly how it should be done. Sort of hope they stay up there as a shining beacon to the rest of us but you suspect they’ll be back in a season or two.

Fulham’s low average wage v their incredibly high wage ratio to income is an odd one, guess that’s down to the new stand taking so long to open.

Chelsea, I can’t get my head round.
The Game Has Jumped The Shark on 08:53 - Apr 5 with 2781 viewsAntti_Heinola

There's so much sympathy for Forest among Prem fans or casual fans. It amazes me. I think championship fans know what that club was up to for years and years, but for everyone else it went totally under the radar.

Bare bones.

The Game Has Jumped The Shark on 09:02 - Apr 5 with 2750 viewsNorthernr

The Game Has Jumped The Shark on 08:53 - Apr 5 by Antti_Heinola

There's so much sympathy for Forest among Prem fans or casual fans. It amazes me. I think championship fans know what that club was up to for years and years, but for everyone else it went totally under the radar.

As I said when I listened to the Ferdinand podcast with Neville et al, it's like the Championship is this far off land.

Forest have taken the absolute pis for years. And while they're talking about all these grave injustices their play-off final never gets mentioned.
The Game Has Jumped The Shark on 09:40 - Apr 5 with 2586 viewsDannyPaddox

Haven’t got round to opening the link yet as Dorse sent me down an internet rabbit hole of Mrs Brown’s Boys action figures
The Game Has Jumped The Shark on 10:28 - Apr 5 with 2415 viewsdaveB

The Game Has Jumped The Shark on 07:55 - Apr 5 by stevec

Fair play to Brentford, financially they seem to be doing it exactly how it should be done. Sort of hope they stay up there as a shining beacon to the rest of us but you suspect they’ll be back in a season or two.

Fulham’s low average wage v their incredibly high wage ratio to income is an odd one, guess that’s down to the new stand taking so long to open.

Chelsea, I can’t get my head round.

Brentford will be getting big money for Toney this summer and probably Raya as well as he's only on loan at the moment. Their owner is a genius
The Game Has Jumped The Shark on 10:57 - Apr 5 with 2350 viewshantssi

It gets worse!!
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-13271249/Premier-League-eyein
The Game Has Jumped The Shark on 12:34 - Apr 5 with 2190 viewstraininvain

Forest fan got a lot of stick on the latest episode of the Stick to Football podcast. His argument was that Forest avoided relegation last season so they were right to cheat and breach FFP.

Carragher and Neville rightly pointed out that they gained an unfair advantage over the teams that were relegated and the likes of Luton, Sheff Utd and Burnley this season.

One of the many problems with this situation is how can you properly punish clubs that have gained an inherent advantage over those that have abided by the rules.

The likes of Chelsea and Man City have basically laid the foundations and set themselves up as big clubs for years to come by cheating. Even if you relegate them they’ll be straight back and any fine is going to be a drop in the ocean for their owners.

We also now have a situation whereby clubs like Aston Villa are looking at the points deductions handed to Everton and Forest and considering whether they’re better off breaching the rules and taking a points deduction or selling a key player like Ollie Watkins.

I’d suggest that keeping Watkins is worth more than 4/6 points over a season so no prizes for the conclusion they’re likely to reach.
The Game Has Jumped The Shark on 12:54 - Apr 5 with 2118 viewsLanhoop

There's an article in the Times today discussing Everton's challenges with more points deductions possible next week. Currently £330M in debt and someone needs to put in £30M every month to keep them going!

I struggle to understand why there are not more grown-ups in the room to stop teams getting in this depth of trouble.
Login to get fewer ads

The Game Has Jumped The Shark on 13:12 - Apr 5 with 2049 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Fcuk 'em!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

The Game Has Jumped The Shark on 13:29 - Apr 5 with 1988 viewsPunteR

Wage cap the lot.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

The Game Has Jumped The Shark on 13:34 - Apr 5 with 1967 viewsdaveB

The Game Has Jumped The Shark on 12:54 - Apr 5 by Lanhoop

There's an article in the Times today discussing Everton's challenges with more points deductions possible next week. Currently £330M in debt and someone needs to put in £30M every month to keep them going!

I struggle to understand why there are not more grown-ups in the room to stop teams getting in this depth of trouble.

Thats what gets me, they lose millions every month and then get the hump saying they should be allowed to do that and lose even more money

It's absolute madness

I'd give a points deduction for the following year, if you are say West Ham and are in danger of losing 6 points this year you probably take it as it means nothing but losing it next year and starting the season 6 points behind everyone else that has a big impact on who wants to sign for you, and the sort of season you are going to have
The Game Has Jumped The Shark on 13:36 - Apr 5 with 1954 viewsQPunkR

The Game Has Jumped The Shark on 13:34 - Apr 5 by daveB

Thats what gets me, they lose millions every month and then get the hump saying they should be allowed to do that and lose even more money

It's absolute madness

I'd give a points deduction for the following year, if you are say West Ham and are in danger of losing 6 points this year you probably take it as it means nothing but losing it next year and starting the season 6 points behind everyone else that has a big impact on who wants to sign for you, and the sort of season you are going to have

Problem with that is the relegated teams who may have finished within 5 points of West Ham would definitely have the right hump

QPR - "shit but local"

The Game Has Jumped The Shark on 13:57 - Apr 5 with 1901 viewsdmm

I hate greed and corruption in all forms and there's so much of that about. So I find the reports on the shocking malfeasance in football depressing.

Back in the day when as a kid I fell in love with the game, football wasn't squeaky clean but it was light years away from what it is today. What was a sport for the ordinary person in the street has been turned into money laundering or a political tool.

The rich have ruined the game we love.
The Game Has Jumped The Shark on 20:57 - Apr 5 with 1632 viewsdmm

The Game Has Jumped The Shark on 21:21 - Apr 5 with 1577 viewsted_hendrix

I'm baffled by It all to the point whereby I don't care when In reality I do.

All I ever wanted to do Is watch football on a Saturday afternoon and If I could make the journey after work sometimes the mid week games.

I sometimes watch the Prem goals on the old laptop because It's free from those awful people at Sky, but invariably when It's finished I just sort of grunt, yes I've mentioned this before but the morning after we last got relegated I was on the phone to Sky ranting and raving whilst cancelling my subscription and blaming them for us getting relegated.

I've never been back to Sky and never will, I don't know much about nothing really but stating the bloody obvious football Is obsessed with money nowadays and that Is not a good thing.

I don't have any answers or solutions either.

They're you go.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

The Game Has Jumped The Shark on 22:58 - Apr 5 with 1444 viewsPaddyhoops

F**king deluded. That’s what winning two European cup before half their fan base was born.
Used to have a soft spot for Forest but a bit like Leeds feel they have a devine right to be in the premier league despite having spent a combined total of 30 odd years or so of not being in it.
The Game Has Jumped The Shark on 00:23 - Apr 8 with 1038 viewsNewBee

When Forest played Everton as recently as December, their fans took great delight in slagging off the Toffees with chants of "Cheat, cheat".

"As ye sow, so shall ye reap..."
The Game Has Jumped The Shark on 02:05 - Apr 8 with 973 viewsBoston

The Game Has Jumped The Shark on 13:57 - Apr 5 by dmm

I hate greed and corruption in all forms and there's so much of that about. So I find the reports on the shocking malfeasance in football depressing.

Back in the day when as a kid I fell in love with the game, football wasn't squeaky clean but it was light years away from what it is today. What was a sport for the ordinary person in the street has been turned into money laundering or a political tool.

The rich have ruined the game we love.

This post brought to you by $2.50 a day Congolese child labour.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

The Game Has Jumped The Shark on 09:39 - Apr 8 with 840 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Was reading yesterday that Spurs sell a thousand Son shirts every matchday. It really brought home to me the chasm between us and the likes of Spurs now. They're global brands and I don't see how you put the genie back in the bottle. A club like Everton can't compete, yet they were winning titles as recently as the 1980s.

A European Super League looks inevitable, which will then become a global one.
The Game Has Jumped The Shark on 11:07 - Apr 8 with 778 viewsTheChef

The Game Has Jumped The Shark on 09:39 - Apr 8 by Wegerles_Stairs

Was reading yesterday that Spurs sell a thousand Son shirts every matchday. It really brought home to me the chasm between us and the likes of Spurs now. They're global brands and I don't see how you put the genie back in the bottle. A club like Everton can't compete, yet they were winning titles as recently as the 1980s.

And yet - we've won more trophies since Spurs last won a trophy.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

The Game Has Jumped The Shark on 11:44 - Apr 8 with 734 viewsdaveB

The Game Has Jumped The Shark on 13:36 - Apr 5 by QPunkR

Problem with that is the relegated teams who may have finished within 5 points of West Ham would definitely have the right hump

yeah but there is no perfect solution, if they agree it to start with they can't really complain
The Game Has Jumped The Shark on 11:46 - Apr 8 with 731 viewsdaveB

The Game Has Jumped The Shark on 09:39 - Apr 8 by Wegerles_Stairs

There is no real gain for a European Super League for English clubs, they currently have a massive advantage with the tv deals and commercial money over other European teams, to leave that behind and join a league without that advantage would be stupid
The Game Has Jumped The Shark on 13:28 - Apr 8 with 600 viewsDorse

The Game Has Jumped The Shark on 11:07 - Apr 8 by TheChef

And yet - we've won more trophies since Spurs last won a trophy.

Undefeated Ibiza Cup holders.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024