Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tfl update.. 00:01 - Apr 18 with 2000 viewscolinallcars

Blimey, no closures planned on the lines serving LR this weekend - can such things be ? Is this an omen ?
Tfl update.. on 00:07 - Apr 18 with 1978 viewsstowmarketrange

I’m glad about that as it will be a mad dash to get from hq to the O2 by 8pm to see Peter Kay.Hopefully we’ll be 3 or 4 nil up by 7pm so I can miss the high ho silver lining rendition at 7.15.
Tfl update.. on 00:10 - Apr 18 with 1971 viewsmikeyhg

I expect a big You R's in the o2, I'll appreciate it and jump in (if the missus allows).
Tfl update.. on 00:39 - Apr 18 with 1914 viewsBoston

Tfl update.. on 00:07 - Apr 18 by stowmarketrange

I’m glad about that as it will be a mad dash to get from hq to the O2 by 8pm to see Peter Kay.Hopefully we’ll be 3 or 4 nil up by 7pm so I can miss the high ho silver lining rendition at 7.15.

Funny bloke, is Peter Kay.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Tfl update.. on 08:07 - Apr 18 with 1718 viewsstevec

The overground will likely grind to a halt approaching Kensington Olympia, different type of intruder on the line game by game, at least that’s what we get told. Expecting Wildebeest this week.
Tfl update.. on 08:50 - Apr 18 with 1663 viewsTheChef

Tfl update.. on 00:39 - Apr 18 by Boston

Thanks for that.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Tfl update.. on 09:53 - Apr 18 with 1590 viewsterryb

And it's one of the rare weekends that trains leaving Ipswich arrive at Liverpool Street!
Tfl update.. on 18:35 - Apr 18 with 1351 viewsthemodfather

there may be no planned works but do not bank on shortage of drivers, signal failures, stalled trains etc always a delay of some kind across the network
Tfl update.. on 18:58 - Apr 18 with 1320 viewslightwaterhoop

Say what you like about TFL but the bus services in London are now very good and cheap.A lot better than they used to be.
Login to get fewer ads

Tfl update.. on 20:50 - Apr 18 with 1246 viewscolinallcars

Tfl update.. on 18:58 - Apr 18 by lightwaterhoop

Say what you like about TFL but the bus services in London are now very good and cheap.A lot better than they used to be.

Yes, they are much improved. I don't think the routes are as long, maybe that's it. For example, the 88 used to run from Acton Green all the way to Homerton ( no place like Homerton).
When I lived in Fulham, my fav bus was the single decker 190 which went from my doorstep to the Mawson Arms next to Fullers. Door to door. They ran every 15 mins bang on time.
Tfl update.. on 21:37 - Apr 18 with 1194 viewsNorthLondonR

Is it Stowmarket who used to walk from Oxford Circus and guarantee 3 points? Make sure whoever you are, you do it again. I've got a walk to finsbury park and then Victoria/ Central Line changeover which has resulted in both wins against Rotherham and Birmingham. The Hammersmith and Shitty line change of plan heralded the Wednesday farce... that's how things work out on football? (I won't suffix that with 'right', apologies)
Tfl update.. on 22:13 - Apr 18 with 1144 viewsstowmarketrange

Tfl update.. on 21:37 - Apr 18 by NorthLondonR

Is it Stowmarket who used to walk from Oxford Circus and guarantee 3 points? Make sure whoever you are, you do it again. I've got a walk to finsbury park and then Victoria/ Central Line changeover which has resulted in both wins against Rotherham and Birmingham. The Hammersmith and Shitty line change of plan heralded the Wednesday farce... that's how things work out on football? (I won't suffix that with 'right', apologies)

It is me that used to walk from Oxford Circus to the ground,and we never lost many while I was doing it.But unfortunately the Guinness in the white horse has won the race instead.
I booked my trains 2 months ago thinking that it was going to be a 3pm ko,which means I get to Liverpool St at 11.43 and I was planning on walking from there instead because if I get in the pub by 12.30 I’ll sleep through the Preston game and Peter Kay at the O2 as well.
And I don’t remember us ever losing over the 5-6 times I’ve done the 7 miles from there.I guess I’d better get my walking boots on.
Tfl update.. on 22:37 - Apr 18 with 1114 viewsthame_hoops

I think the atmosphere is going to be like old times, buzzing. I’m at Lords for County Cricket Middlesex Yorkshire, Will head to Loftus Road at Tea. Trying to avoid all the FA Cup train traffic.
Tfl update.. on 23:01 - Apr 18 with 1096 viewsnumptydumpty

Tfl update.. on 00:39 - Apr 18 by Boston

He doesn't have to say anything to be funny a la Tommy Cooper

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

Tfl update.. on 13:03 - Apr 19 with 878 viewsNorthLondonR

What if someone buys a pint at the White horse and delivers to Oxford Circus tube? That wouldn't work for me as I need to change for the central line and then decamp at white city, with the same coat and glasses I adorned vs Birmingham..
Tfl update.. on 13:38 - Apr 19 with 824 viewsstowmarketrange

Tfl update.. on 13:03 - Apr 19 by NorthLondonR

What if someone buys a pint at the White horse and delivers to Oxford Circus tube? That wouldn't work for me as I need to change for the central line and then decamp at white city, with the same coat and glasses I adorned vs Birmingham..

You’re not allowed alcohol on the tube anymore mate.And it would probably be flat by the time I got it.Thanks for the thought though.
Tfl update.. on 14:46 - Apr 19 with 762 viewsmikeygunn

It’s not all joy on the trains. I’m trying to head back to Malton and they have cancelled the 21.00 train, so now I have to get the 20.00, go via Leeds to York and miss my connection. Thanks train strikes. Both LNER or the Trainline cared at all. Google maps says I can make it back to Kings Cross in an hour from LR but realistically I’ll miss the end of the game. Thanks Preston sh1thousery. Go plenty away games up here but first home game for a couple of seasons. I’m gutted.
Tfl update.. on 15:03 - Apr 19 with 744 viewsNorthernr

Tfl update.. on 14:46 - Apr 19 by mikeygunn

It’s not all joy on the trains. I’m trying to head back to Malton and they have cancelled the 21.00 train, so now I have to get the 20.00, go via Leeds to York and miss my connection. Thanks train strikes. Both LNER or the Trainline cared at all. Google maps says I can make it back to Kings Cross in an hour from LR but realistically I’ll miss the end of the game. Thanks Preston sh1thousery. Go plenty away games up here but first home game for a couple of seasons. I’m gutted.

On the plus side, stayed in Malton recently and it was very nice!
Tfl update.. on 15:09 - Apr 19 with 729 viewsstowmarketrange

Tfl update.. on 14:46 - Apr 19 by mikeygunn

It’s only about 40 mins from Shepherd’s Bush Market or Wood Lane to King’s Cross on the Hammersmith & city or central lines.We did the same journey for the Sheffield Wednesday game.
27 minutes according to tfl journey planner.
[Post edited 19 Apr 15:11]
Tfl update.. on 15:40 - Apr 19 with 697 viewsmikeygunn

Tfl update.. on 15:03 - Apr 19 by Northernr

On the plus side, stayed in Malton recently and it was very nice!

Give me a heads up next time and I’ll let you buy me a pint.
Tfl update.. on 15:42 - Apr 19 with 688 viewsmikeygunn

Tfl update.. on 15:09 - Apr 19 by stowmarketrange

It’s only about 40 mins from Shepherd’s Bush Market or Wood Lane to King’s Cross on the Hammersmith & city or central lines.We did the same journey for the Sheffield Wednesday game.
27 minutes according to tfl journey planner.
[Post edited 19 Apr 15:11]

Cheers mate. I can relax a bit more now! I get horrible travel anxiety nowadays, especially now I’m older and it’s the last train!!
Tfl update.. on 15:56 - Apr 19 with 633 viewsstowmarketrange

Tfl update.. on 15:42 - Apr 19 by mikeygunn

Cheers mate. I can relax a bit more now! I get horrible travel anxiety nowadays, especially now I’m older and it’s the last train!!

Sorry mate but that should be circle or H&C lines from either Wood Lane or Shepherd’s Bush Market.
Tfl update.. on 23:15 - Apr 20 with 414 viewsstowmarketrange

Tfl update.. on 21:37 - Apr 18 by NorthLondonR

I had a stroll from Liverpool st today and was still in the white horse for 2pm.The walking magic hasn’t worn off yet.
Tfl update.. on 23:26 - Apr 20 with 370 viewsBenny_the_Ball

JCS was MOM for me but TFL was a 7 out of 10 today. Best performance of the season.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024