Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Marti Contract?? 08:26 - May 22 with 12613 viewsthehat

All this bloody manager merry go round is making me nervous.

I know we are not supposed to know contract details any more but does anyone have any idea what the length of Marti's contract might be?

Surely it won't be long before he is mentioned as a replacement for another club.
Marti Contract?? on 21:42 - May 24 with 4231 viewsHoopsie

Marti Contract?? on 16:02 - May 24 by Blue_Castello

Shame that's him off the market, wonder what they offered him must have been good money, here's hoping we can somehow find a deal that makes Marti think it's worth signing, a few bonus clauses at the minimum.

Honestly, it will not deter Premier League clubs (if that is where he is heading next I would assume) to pay the release compensation with all the monies they have

Rohl signing a long term extension simply means should he get headhunted the club gets a nice pay off and he gets a “dream” job so a win win

Poll: Who will follow Rotherham and Huddersfield to League One?

Marti Contract?? on 21:48 - May 24 with 4184 viewsaston_hoop

Marti Contract?? on 21:42 - May 24 by Hoopsie

Honestly, it will not deter Premier League clubs (if that is where he is heading next I would assume) to pay the release compensation with all the monies they have

Rohl signing a long term extension simply means should he get headhunted the club gets a nice pay off and he gets a “dream” job so a win win

Hopefully the Mick Beale lesson has tought us to make sure Sant Martí has a massive release clause already. Did we announce his contract length at the time?

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Marti Contract?? on 02:54 - May 25 with 4063 viewsFredManRave

Marti Contract?? on 21:48 - May 24 by aston_hoop

Hopefully the Mick Beale lesson has tought us to make sure Sant Martí has a massive release clause already. Did we announce his contract length at the time?

I would guess so, but only under the assumption that he came in before Christian "wordsmith" Nourry.

I'm sure more ITK can confirm but you'd hope it ws a 3 year contract.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Marti Contract?? on 18:12 - May 27 with 3901 viewsQPR_John

Marti Contract?? on 02:54 - May 25 by FredManRave

I would guess so, but only under the assumption that he came in before Christian "wordsmith" Nourry.

I'm sure more ITK can confirm but you'd hope it ws a 3 year contract.

The length of contract would help towards the compensation but will not stop him going if he wants to leave when or if Leicester come calling.
Marti Contract?? on 18:32 - May 27 with 3856 viewsderbyhoop

Marti Contract?? on 21:42 - May 24 by Hoopsie

Rohl only signed to Summer 2025

As the average tenure of a Championship manager was 14 months, that should be enough.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Marti Contract?? on 21:40 - May 29 with 3563 viewsTonto

Being linked with Burnley

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/burnley-west-broms-corberan-and-qprs-cifuentes

But so are half a dozen other managers so seems speculation rather than anything to worry about yet.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Marti Contract?? on 22:07 - May 29 with 3498 viewsQuillPenRiot

Marti Contract?? on 21:40 - May 29 by Tonto

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/burnley-west-broms-corberan-and-qprs-cifuentes

But so are half a dozen other managers so seems speculation rather than anything to worry about yet.

Who knew Burnley was such a great stepping stone for one’s coaching career? Even when they can’t win for shit. Maybe we should worry
Marti Contract?? on 22:32 - May 29 with 3378 viewsHastings_Hoops

Marti Contract?? on 01:35 - May 23 by QuillPenRiot

I’d offer Marti ownership shares, a lot of them, not that he’d want them…there’s no one else we could find to make us successful and marketable in the near term. Finance is all about return. They’d be stupid not to offer him what he wants and more

Ruben: “here’s 10% shareholding of the club Marti”.
Marti: “Thanks boss, when do I get my profit share?”
Ruben: “Actially Marti, now you’re a shareholder, I was going to ask you for £160,000 as your 10% contribution to cash flow the club’s monthly losses”.
[Post edited 29 May 22:33]
Login to get fewer ads

Marti Contract?? on 08:54 - May 30 with 2985 viewsthehat

Marti Contract?? on 22:07 - May 29 by QuillPenRiot

Who knew Burnley was such a great stepping stone for one’s coaching career? Even when they can’t win for shit. Maybe we should worry

I guess it was only a matter of time - Hopefully his head won't be turned by this one. Stay with us and build on last season and better offers will come.....
Marti Contract?? on 09:49 - May 30 with 2854 viewslassel

Marti Contract?? on 21:40 - May 29 by Tonto

I doubt Burnley will ultimately got for Marti, but I don’t doubt for a second he’d be bang up for it.

They already play his preferred 4-3-3, play out from the back, have a young squad, parachute payments, are about to bring in £50m+ moving on some players and still have Benson who ripped the division up a year ago.

It’s a good baseline for anyone to come in and do a ‘Dyche’
Marti Contract?? on 09:59 - May 30 with 2834 viewsNorthernr

He's going to get linked with everything this summer, we'll just have to get used to it and cross our fingers. Be nice if, like Sheff Wed, we came out with a contract announcement, but then those things aren't really worth the paper they're written on - if a club comes in with an offer he wants to take there's not a lot you can do at that point.

Along with McKenna and Rohl he's done one of the three best jobs in the division last year. McKenna and Rohl have both now signed new deals at their current places, so he's next cab on the rank.

He's progressive in his style and tactics, very on trend.

He's shown he can work with limited resources. Coaching and improving players rather than just needing/demanding loads of new players.

And, sadly, the way the remains of local newspapers in this country work, and of course social media, you're rewarded for clicks and engagement, not whether it's true or not. If Hull are looking at Danny Rohl and you do a headline to that effect you get clicks from Hull and Sheffield, if you say they're looking at Rohl, Schumacher and Cifuentes you get clicks from Hull, Sheffield, London and Stoke. Is it true? Nah. But apparently that doesn't matter any more, as long as people are clicking.

You see this every transfer window in QPR Twitter land. Somebody sets themselves up as "freelance journalist" or "anonymous agent" or "bored intermediary". Starts vaguely hinting they've got a source at the training ground - give it a name to add credibility - and Tweeting stuff out. People hang on every word of it, however much stuff you get wrong, however bullsht the whole thing obviously is.
Marti Contract?? on 10:43 - May 30 with 2743 viewsderbyhoop

After the job he did last season, Cifuentes is bound to attract attention. But he's only done 32 games in the English Championship, with no medals to show.
I suspect he'll be linked to jobs bit hope he'll stay a good bit longer.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Marti Contract?? on 10:47 - May 30 with 2718 viewsNortholt_Rs

Marti Contract?? on 09:59 - May 30 by Northernr

He's going to get linked with everything this summer, we'll just have to get used to it and cross our fingers. Be nice if, like Sheff Wed, we came out with a contract announcement, but then those things aren't really worth the paper they're written on - if a club comes in with an offer he wants to take there's not a lot you can do at that point.

Along with McKenna and Rohl he's done one of the three best jobs in the division last year. McKenna and Rohl have both now signed new deals at their current places, so he's next cab on the rank.

He's progressive in his style and tactics, very on trend.

He's shown he can work with limited resources. Coaching and improving players rather than just needing/demanding loads of new players.

And, sadly, the way the remains of local newspapers in this country work, and of course social media, you're rewarded for clicks and engagement, not whether it's true or not. If Hull are looking at Danny Rohl and you do a headline to that effect you get clicks from Hull and Sheffield, if you say they're looking at Rohl, Schumacher and Cifuentes you get clicks from Hull, Sheffield, London and Stoke. Is it true? Nah. But apparently that doesn't matter any more, as long as people are clicking.

You see this every transfer window in QPR Twitter land. Somebody sets themselves up as "freelance journalist" or "anonymous agent" or "bored intermediary". Starts vaguely hinting they've got a source at the training ground - give it a name to add credibility - and Tweeting stuff out. People hang on every word of it, however much stuff you get wrong, however bullsht the whole thing obviously is.

Shit…. I’ve been sussed!

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Marti Contract?? on 13:12 - May 30 with 2491 viewsAntti_Heinola

Burnley owners are star f*ckers.
They'll want another big name.
Wouldn't be shocked if they went for Lampard.

Bare bones.

Marti Contract?? on 14:15 - May 30 with 2391 viewsStainrod

How quickly football changes. With Ainsworth we were all "why the f*ck did we give him 3 and a half years?". With Marti its "f*ck, why can't we tie him down for longer...?"
Marti Contract?? on 17:53 - May 30 with 2243 viewsaston_hoop

Burnley have Craig Bellamy in charge while they search for a new manager. Oh how funny it would be if they have to go into the season with him

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Marti Contract?? on 18:26 - May 30 with 2140 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Personally I'm pleased that others are coveting our manager. It means the club finally got an managerial appointment right and he's doing a good job. My concern is around the club's strategy of not disclosing contract lengths. Not knowing the duration of his contract fuels social media speculation.
Marti Contract?? on 19:11 - May 30 with 2043 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Calm down and carry on. He isn't going. The only things I read about MC going is either Football League World or people on here winding themselves up.

If he goes he goes. I think the one we don't want to lose is that wee lad Nourry. MC will go at some point (poached or sacked), but Nourry is the one guiding us. And he is doing well so far......
Marti Contract?? on 11:42 - May 31 with 1660 viewsE15Hoop

Marti Contract?? on 19:11 - May 30 by Wilkinswatercarrier

Calm down and carry on. He isn't going. The only things I read about MC going is either Football League World or people on here winding themselves up.

If he goes he goes. I think the one we don't want to lose is that wee lad Nourry. MC will go at some point (poached or sacked), but Nourry is the one guiding us. And he is doing well so far......

.. Plus I think Nourry has pulled a masterstroke by stating publicly how keen he was to have Marti with us - so keen he came to be CEO of the club he had recommended him to!

I think Marti will be very keen to do at least one, maybe two full seasons with us - especially if he manages to get us promoted, or runs close to it.
Marti Contract?? on 12:45 - May 31 with 1487 viewsnix

Trouble is annoyingly those clubs like Chels have realised you don't just nick the manager/players you go for the backroom staff. So they've taken the Brighton backroom team and Man U have just poached the Ipswich head of recruitment (admittedly he started at Man U but only as an intern. Ipswich gave him a real chance).
Marti Contract?? on 13:03 - May 31 with 1398 viewsAntti_Heinola

Man I am fascinated to see how long Nourry's honeymoon lasts.

Bare bones.

Marti Contract?? on 14:24 - May 31 with 1207 viewsdm97

The twitterverse now in full meltdown because some lad’s sisters boyfriends mates dad has heard Marti is off. The Beale PTSD is so strong with some of our fanbase that we are quite literally making up rumours about our own manager leaving, truly bizarre
Marti Contract?? on 14:47 - May 31 with 1100 viewsGloucs_R

Marti Contract?? on 14:24 - May 31 by dm97

The twitterverse now in full meltdown because some lad’s sisters boyfriends mates dad has heard Marti is off. The Beale PTSD is so strong with some of our fanbase that we are quite literally making up rumours about our own manager leaving, truly bizarre

Off to Brighton according to one Twitter source, with 48 followers.

Even I have more than that!!

Poll: Are we staying up?

Marti Contract?? on 15:26 - May 31 with 935 viewslassel

Marti Contract?? on 14:47 - May 31 by Gloucs_R

Off to Brighton according to one Twitter source, with 48 followers.

Even I have more than that!!

Brighton are talking with Steve Cooper - not sure what I think about that one
Marti Contract?? on 15:30 - May 31 with 907 viewsstrikerace

Why go to Burnley or another Championship club?
Premier League I can see, but I wouldn't want to manage Burnley. Plus QPR will likely match anything they could give him
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024