Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Surely a disgrace if we don't sell out v Chelsea? 13:34 - Jan 25 with 14529 viewsfreddieeddie

How can we struggle to get a sell out against Chelsea? If that's the case then that is embarrassing. Shocking in my opinion.

Poll: QPR future, what would you like to see happen

Surely a disgrace if we don't sell out v Chelsea? on 14:51 - Jan 25 with 2009 viewssimmoqpr

Just checked on-line and there's 1298 tickets still available.
Lets hope these are snapped up by us and not fall into the hands of the Scum.
Surely a disgrace if we don't sell out v Chelsea? on 14:55 - Jan 25 with 1977 viewsGetMeRangers

Surely a disgrace if we don't sell out v Chelsea? on 14:51 - Jan 25 by simmoqpr

Just checked on-line and there's 1298 tickets still available.
Lets hope these are snapped up by us and not fall into the hands of the Scum.

plus restricted view... not sure how many that is
Surely a disgrace if we don't sell out v Chelsea? on 15:05 - Jan 25 with 1954 viewsBluce_Ree

Surely a disgrace if we don't sell out v Chelsea? on 13:53 - Jan 25 by freddieeddie

Is that not what makes us a small club and not attractive to play for? We've been out the premiership for 15 years. We finally get back to the bigtime and get a 4th round tie v Chelsea. We've beaten them already this season. And all these people can't raise 40 quid to attend. I just find it shocking really. I know not everyone can afford to go but it will be an embarrassment not to sell what tickets we are given.

I dunno. I do know that hoolies are bellends though.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Surely a disgrace if we don't sell out v Chelsea? on 15:16 - Jan 25 with 1924 viewsHollowayRanger

well my mates are coming!

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Surely a disgrace if we don't sell out v Chelsea? on 16:13 - Jan 25 with 1852 viewsbenbu

It would be pretty embarrasing tbh, I would like to think that we would sell this one out. I do think the £40 prices were too high but I dont blame the club for trying to make as much revenue as possible, just the gate fees will be £720k at 18,000 crowd. They will make over a £1m for this fixture in revenue! I can also understand the fans pov this time of year so shortly after xmas it being an added expense and its not something everyone can afford or want to pay out for. the 1300 tickets I would have thought will go by saturday.
Surely a disgrace if we don't sell out v Chelsea? on 16:19 - Jan 25 with 1844 viewsSonofNorfolt

How fukkin' wet are some of you?

I have a Greek mountain of debt yet would not dream of missing this.

We will probably go out, but supposing we don't, and you miss it.

Don't bring your kids but bring yourself.

Family club? Ha
Surely a disgrace if we don't sell out v Chelsea? on 16:22 - Jan 25 with 1835 viewstimcocking

Surely a disgrace if we don't sell out v Chelsea? on 14:34 - Jan 25 by kingsburyR

Its amazing what comes out of the woodwork on games like this.

Except Millwall (strange bunch) this will be all verbal threat and no action!

No hoolies putting me off going!

lots of hoolies = best atmosphere doesn't it? aren't they the ones who sing most?
Surely a disgrace if we don't sell out v Chelsea? on 16:24 - Jan 25 with 1832 viewsthemodfather

Surely a disgrace if we don't sell out v Chelsea? on 16:22 - Jan 25 by timcocking

lots of hoolies = best atmosphere doesn't it? aren't they the ones who sing most?

game will sell out.....even if tkts go on general sale...police will be all over this one, the ready eye will be up and apart from a few handbags, it'll pass off quietly enough.

police won't allow any groups of people to linger in area near ground.
Login to get fewer ads

Surely a disgrace if we don't sell out v Chelsea? on 16:40 - Jan 25 with 1807 viewsQPR_Jim

Surely a disgrace if we don't sell out v Chelsea? on 16:19 - Jan 25 by SonofNorfolt

Family club? Ha

TBH I would be there in a shot and get a ticket for my old man as well, but I made plans thinking this would sell out before it reached general sale. Between the cost (£80 + travel, food and drinks) and the fact I'd have to cancel plans which would annoy friends I just can't bring myself to buy the tickets.

Shame really as I'm well up for giving Terry some abuse.
Surely a disgrace if we don't sell out v Chelsea? on 16:42 - Jan 25 with 1799 viewsOrthodox_Hoop

I'll be watching this one in the comfort of, ahem, C Club
Surely a disgrace if we don't sell out v Chelsea? on 17:21 - Jan 25 with 1735 viewswittle

i must of read every excuse going on this thread its a disgrace that they have even made general sale i dont want to read any more posts taking the piss out of fulhams support in future.there wont be any trouble around the ground ob will be all over it and if there are any scum in our ends they will get well and truly filled in.
Surely a disgrace if we don't sell out v Chelsea? on 17:22 - Jan 25 with 1731 viewsSomersetHoops

I'm not going as we have all been struggling with the 'flu, although I really want QPR to win, I will be surprised if they do. I do get annoyed by my clubs fixation with Chelsea, yes they are our local rivals and its a great feeling when we beat them, but why we need to keep chanting about Chelsea when we are playing other teams - I just don't get it.

It seems sometimes that they are more important than the game underway. I can understand a bit of self congratulation when their losing score comes up on the screen, but why we need to keep worrying about them when we aren't playing them I don't know.

It has not always been like that and more recently some younger fans seem to work themselve up into a frenzy about it. The games between us have always been fiercely competitive, but used to be played in a less unfriendly atmosphere from what were the terraces. Players have often swapped back and forth between Chelsea and QPR without major issues. I fear the atmosphere generated by some of our fans fuelled by the Terry/Ferdinand issue will be one of hate instead of sensible sporting rivalry and for me that takes away some of the enjoyment of the game.

As I said on another thread Terry should have been dealt with in the same way as Suarez and I accept that if he said what is reported then he should accept a ban, apologise and be more aware that racist comments are not acceptable and undertake never to do it again. I'm not in favour of things said in the heat of the game being dealt with in the courts where its quite possible after all involved have spent a fortune on lawyers and many players spend time in court as witnesses rather than training, and will probably not prove anything. Meanwhile the agravation just goes on and will be very apparent during the game and I think its this unpleasant atmosphere as well as the cost that is putting some people off of going. Of course there are those who think the game is improved by this unpleasantness, but I can't agree with them.

Who's Next?

Surely a disgrace if we don't sell out v Chelsea? on 17:25 - Jan 25 with 1718 viewswittle

Surely a disgrace if we don't sell out v Chelsea? on 17:22 - Jan 25 by SomersetHoops

I'm not going as we have all been struggling with the 'flu, although I really want QPR to win, I will be surprised if they do. I do get annoyed by my clubs fixation with Chelsea, yes they are our local rivals and its a great feeling when we beat them, but why we need to keep chanting about Chelsea when we are playing other teams - I just don't get it.

It seems sometimes that they are more important than the game underway. I can understand a bit of self congratulation when their losing score comes up on the screen, but why we need to keep worrying about them when we aren't playing them I don't know.

It has not always been like that and more recently some younger fans seem to work themselve up into a frenzy about it. The games between us have always been fiercely competitive, but used to be played in a less unfriendly atmosphere from what were the terraces. Players have often swapped back and forth between Chelsea and QPR without major issues. I fear the atmosphere generated by some of our fans fuelled by the Terry/Ferdinand issue will be one of hate instead of sensible sporting rivalry and for me that takes away some of the enjoyment of the game.

As I said on another thread Terry should have been dealt with in the same way as Suarez and I accept that if he said what is reported then he should accept a ban, apologise and be more aware that racist comments are not acceptable and undertake never to do it again. I'm not in favour of things said in the heat of the game being dealt with in the courts where its quite possible after all involved have spent a fortune on lawyers and many players spend time in court as witnesses rather than training, and will probably not prove anything. Meanwhile the agravation just goes on and will be very apparent during the game and I think its this unpleasant atmosphere as well as the cost that is putting some people off of going. Of course there are those who think the game is improved by this unpleasantness, but I can't agree with them.

have a lempsip and get to the game whats wrong with you people
Surely a disgrace if we don't sell out v Chelsea? on 17:28 - Jan 25 with 1710 viewsdaveB

i don't understand the price thing, it's cheaper than category a league games, Man Utd was £45 in the lower loft, you can get SA Road forr £40 on Saturday. The same people not going on saturday will be screaming blue murder when they can't get a ticket for the 5th round game against Spurs.
Surely a disgrace if we don't sell out v Chelsea? on 17:42 - Jan 25 with 1681 viewsstan4england

Surely a disgrace if we don't sell out v Chelsea? on 16:19 - Jan 25 by SonofNorfolt

Family club? Ha

Don't want to be a miserable git, but I had a Greek mountain of debt and a perfectly decent salary, but I have a very expensive family and mortgage. I simply cannot afford it this season. I watched the lads in League 1 and Champ and went to a few away games as well, but with prices this high and a season membership for me and my son for £80 t's just not happening. I am bl**dy miserable about missing Sat (plus all but two of the other games).
Surely a disgrace if we don't sell out v Chelsea? on 17:45 - Jan 25 with 1640 viewsCliff

Surely a disgrace if we don't sell out v Chelsea? on 17:28 - Jan 25 by daveB

i don't understand the price thing, it's cheaper than category a league games, Man Utd was £45 in the lower loft, you can get SA Road forr £40 on Saturday. The same people not going on saturday will be screaming blue murder when they can't get a ticket for the 5th round game against Spurs.

You don't understand the price thing? - Great but me and the kids some tickets will you? (1 adult, 1 U21 and 1 U16)

When you've got them let me know where to meet.
Surely a disgrace if we don't sell out v Chelsea? on 17:51 - Jan 25 with 1628 viewswaveydave

Will it be worse than the Prem game? in terms of hate and possible violence
Surely a disgrace if we don't sell out v Chelsea? on 17:55 - Jan 25 with 1619 viewswittle

what violence was there at the league game ,none did none of you lot go to games in the 80s then you would of had concerns about a visit from chelsea
Surely a disgrace if we don't sell out v Chelsea? on 17:59 - Jan 25 with 1605 viewsWatford_Ranger

I totally understand if people don't want to spend £40 plus travel costs, a pint or two etc. when money is tight. However, if people are genuinely boycotting the game because they fear there will be a hostile atmosphere that they don't want to expose their kids to then I disagree. Outside the ground the police will be all over anyone should there be the slightest hint of trouble. Inside the ground there will be no physical violence- some shouting and singing for sure, but isn't that what football is all about? The midday kick-off will mean people won't be half as pi55ed and loud as last time, to the team's detriment. This is Chelsea at home in the cup, what more could you want?
Surely a disgrace if we don't sell out v Chelsea? on 18:13 - Jan 25 with 1580 viewstre57bor

Surely a disgrace if we don't sell out v Chelsea? on 17:59 - Jan 25 by Watford_Ranger

I totally understand if people don't want to spend £40 plus travel costs, a pint or two etc. when money is tight. However, if people are genuinely boycotting the game because they fear there will be a hostile atmosphere that they don't want to expose their kids to then I disagree. Outside the ground the police will be all over anyone should there be the slightest hint of trouble. Inside the ground there will be no physical violence- some shouting and singing for sure, but isn't that what football is all about? The midday kick-off will mean people won't be half as pi55ed and loud as last time, to the team's detriment. This is Chelsea at home in the cup, what more could you want?

personally, I'm not paying £40 for my seat in GL and with a noon kick-off to boot.
Surely a disgrace if we don't sell out v Chelsea? on 18:18 - Jan 25 with 1563 viewswittle

so now the ko time is the problem anyone got any other issues with the match
Surely a disgrace if we don't sell out v Chelsea? on 18:22 - Jan 25 with 1545 viewsNorthernr

Every single thing I've read on this thread is the stuff we have been taking the pis out of Fulham for on here for weeks. If we don't sell this game out we can say nothing against them again. Scared there's going to be some trouble, FFS.

Fulham, incidentally, got more than 20,000 to their match with League One Charlton in the previous round.
Surely a disgrace if we don't sell out v Chelsea? on 18:26 - Jan 25 with 1524 viewswittle

Surely a disgrace if we don't sell out v Chelsea? on 18:22 - Jan 25 by Northernr

Every single thing I've read on this thread is the stuff we have been taking the pis out of Fulham for on here for weeks. If we don't sell this game out we can say nothing against them again. Scared there's going to be some trouble, FFS.

Fulham, incidentally, got more than 20,000 to their match with League One Charlton in the previous round.

totally agree i am amazed at some of the posts i have read about this match .
Surely a disgrace if we don't sell out v Chelsea? on 18:27 - Jan 25 with 1516 viewsDeptfordR

Surely a disgrace if we don't sell out v Chelsea? on 14:00 - Jan 25 by 00calben

Perhaps people have lost love/faith in the Club after the dismissal of Warnock.

Perhaps people are fed up of spending their hard earned money every week to watch the Club they love being captained by Joey Barton

Perhaps everything that made them fall in love with the Club and what made the Club so special is either not there anymore or slowly fading away

My god, where do these people come from?!?!
Surely a disgrace if we don't sell out v Chelsea? on 18:27 - Jan 25 with 1515 viewswindsorhoop

I know at least 8 people who arent currently going to his game because they do not get paid till the 31st.

Just tx another load of people to say that tickets are on general sale as they haven't bothered to try because they thought it would sell out like the home game in the league.

Still to not sell out for this should really be a wake up call for people who believe we should be signing defoe!!!
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024