Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Capello resigns! 19:25 - Feb 8 with 12323 viewsgobbles

Stuart Pearce, time to step up!
Capello resigns! on 20:13 - Feb 8 with 1642 viewsthemodfather

Capello resigns! on 20:07 - Feb 8 by WeAreQPR12

Hodgson is an easy target with regards to his liverpool days but if you look at his career as a whole then it's nothing short of superb.

right, step 1 done
now to sod off rio,terry,cashley,gerrard and rooney
and start again with the young lions.
balls to their image right/, tax avoidance?,arrogance,gambling,fighting and drug test avoidance.....and their wags!
Capello resigns! on 20:14 - Feb 8 with 1641 viewsJonDoeman

A bit of quality from Clive, nice one!
==========================================
Aslrowanvine@aslrowanvine

Should have resigned after the shambles of a world cup in 2010 and I would have had some respect for him..now he was looking for a way out..

LoftforWords@LoftforWords

@aslrowanvine I agree Rowan, when people in football are taking big wages for poor returns they should have the personal pride to walk away.

It Is What It Is !!

Capello resigns! on 20:14 - Feb 8 with 1640 viewsbmouth_rs

Hodgson is an easy target with regards to his liverpool days but if you look at his career as a whole then it's nothing short of superb.

Com'on,

Hodgson ain't the answer.
Capello resigns! on 20:14 - Feb 8 with 1632 viewsSpiritofGregory

Harry's the only one for the job.
Capello resigns! on 20:17 - Feb 8 with 1625 viewsNorthernr

Capello resigns! on 20:14 - Feb 8 by bmouth_rs

Com'on,

Hodgson ain't the answer.

Hodgson is a good halfway house for the FA. Not going to get a lot of controversy out of him. Not a bad manager, international experience.

However his methods and training haven't washed with big egos before and one thing that England squad has is a lot of players with big egos.

Harry is the only man for the job and it would actually rekindle my support for the national team a bit if he got it because it would be entertaining.

But he'll find the same thing everybody else has - England have poor players coming through a broken system and massive expectations.
Capello resigns! on 20:18 - Feb 8 with 1619 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Capello resigns! on 20:14 - Feb 8 by JonDoeman

Should have resigned after the shambles of a world cup in 2010 and I would have had some respect for him..now he was looking for a way out..

@aslrowanvine I agree Rowan, when people in football are taking big wages for poor returns they should have the personal pride to walk away.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Capello resigns! on 20:19 - Feb 8 with 1614 viewsskorpio1

Hodgson FFS!!! it can only be 'arry
Capello resigns! on 20:19 - Feb 8 with 1615 viewsNorthernr

Capello resigns! on 20:14 - Feb 8 by JonDoeman

To be fair I've stuck up for Vine hundreds of times on here because what's happened to him wasn't his fault - the leg break, the way it was treated etc. But for him to be talking about respect and people walking away is laughable.
Login to get fewer ads

Capello resigns! on 20:21 - Feb 8 with 1607 viewsbmouth_rs

Capello resigns! on 20:17 - Feb 8 by Northernr

Hodgson is a good halfway house for the FA. Not going to get a lot of controversy out of him. Not a bad manager, international experience.

However his methods and training haven't washed with big egos before and one thing that England squad has is a lot of players with big egos.

Harry is the only man for the job and it would actually rekindle my support for the national team a bit if he got it because it would be entertaining.

But he'll find the same thing everybody else has - England have poor players coming through a broken system and massive expectations.

Halfway house option is Pearce,

don't particularly rate him as a manager, but at least he might give the young guns a go. Let's forget about outstanding success in the summer, it just ain't gonna happen. Other countries have done the same.

Long term option is Redknapp, but he's got to see the season out with Spuds.

Hodgson is average and not a long term solution
Capello resigns! on 20:22 - Feb 8 with 1600 viewsWeAreQPR12

Capello resigns! on 20:19 - Feb 8 by Northernr

To be fair I've stuck up for Vine hundreds of times on here because what's happened to him wasn't his fault - the leg break, the way it was treated etc. But for him to be talking about respect and people walking away is laughable.

Clive you're a legend mate, your comments to vine made me piss myself and u couldn't of been anymore spot on.
Capello resigns! on 20:23 - Feb 8 with 1595 viewsNorthernr

Capello resigns! on 20:21 - Feb 8 by bmouth_rs

Halfway house option is Pearce,

don't particularly rate him as a manager, but at least he might give the young guns a go. Let's forget about outstanding success in the summer, it just ain't gonna happen. Other countries have done the same.

Long term option is Redknapp, but he's got to see the season out with Spuds.

Hodgson is average and not a long term solution

Nah Pearce would be a fudge. There's a difference.

Mind you other countries have had success by appointing famous former players with little managerial experience or success.
Capello resigns! on 20:23 - Feb 8 with 1593 viewsVish

Capello resigns! on 19:41 - Feb 8 by Kiwi76

Not sure why Capello would make this stand now? Appears to have been cruising above all the previous nonsense and picking up the large cheque.
That sure that Euro's will be a shocker or big job waiting in Italy?

Has to be Rodgers as new boss though doesn't it - he'll have them playing like Barcelona...

I reckon the FA made him resign to avoid coughing up
Capello resigns! on 20:24 - Feb 8 with 1588 viewsKiwi76

Capello resigns! on 20:23 - Feb 8 by Northernr

Mind you other countries have had success by appointing famous former players with little managerial experience or success.

Alan Shearer it is then!!
Capello resigns! on 20:27 - Feb 8 with 1583 viewsHollowayRanger

svens free!

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Capello resigns! on 20:27 - Feb 8 with 1581 viewsWeAreQPR12

Capello resigns! on 20:23 - Feb 8 by Vish

I reckon the FA made him resign to avoid coughing up

For me I knew enough's enough when I heard Capello's after match comments.

He basically said 'ERRRRR GARETH BARRY ERRRR SHIT ON THE BALL ERRRRR'

That is what it really sounded like and I thought to myself wtf will that achieve?????
Capello resigns! on 20:30 - Feb 8 with 1404 viewsbmouth_rs

Capello resigns! on 20:23 - Feb 8 by Northernr

Pearce will be the stalking horse, no other manager will take a risk on what might (and probably will) happen at the Euros and damage his potential in the long term.

Pearce is the FAs "lady boy", much like Lancaster at the RFU, and has been given a lottery ticket that just might win the prize.

Any other manager, too big a risk, failure at the Euro's and you've blown your chance
Capello resigns! on 20:35 - Feb 8 with 1380 viewsWestbourneR

All choices aside from Redknapp are miserable. I would have backed Hodgson but he was poor at Liverpool - they were as bad as I've ever seen them under him.

At one point I thought Owen Coyle was blazing a trail...

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Capello resigns! on 20:35 - Feb 8 with 1383 viewsdaveB

i think pearce could do ok and would do away with the big names and give the kids a go, Redknapp will stick with lampard, terry etc for now. No chance it will be Pearce though who has said before he is not ready for it.

no way should Hodgson get the job, West Brom are dire and will be lucky to stay up
Capello resigns! on 20:38 - Feb 8 with 1374 viewswombat

Redknapp for me or it we go johhny dago again what about Jose ?

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Capello resigns! on 20:44 - Feb 8 with 1360 viewsWeAreQPR12

Capello resigns! on 20:38 - Feb 8 by wombat

Redknapp for me or it we go johhny dago again what about Jose ?

No way do I want Jose, bloody Terry and fat Lamps will be the 1st names on the team sheet so no way Jose!
Capello resigns! on 20:49 - Feb 8 with 1346 viewsingeminate

Capello resigns! on 20:44 - Feb 8 by WeAreQPR12

No way do I want Jose, bloody Terry and fat Lamps will be the 1st names on the team sheet so no way Jose!

As they will be under Harry no question.

Worst thing about this IMO is that Lampard will be straight back in and it wouldn't surprise me at all if Harry has him made captain.

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

Capello resigns! on 20:52 - Feb 8 with 1341 viewsnadera78

Capello resigns! on 20:44 - Feb 8 by WeAreQPR12

Be the same if Redknapp gets the job. Do you see him dropping Lampard?

As to Hodgson's time at Liverpool, they had an enormous squad that was actually pretty poor. They'd spent a fortune over the previous decade on players that ranged from sh*t to poor to average. And the scousers didn't want him, they gave him no support whatsoever. Wouldn't have mattered which manager got the job there he'd have been out in a couple of months.
Capello resigns! on 20:57 - Feb 8 with 1329 viewswombat

Capello resigns! on 20:52 - Feb 8 by nadera78

Be the same if Redknapp gets the job. Do you see him dropping Lampard?

As to Hodgson's time at Liverpool, they had an enormous squad that was actually pretty poor. They'd spent a fortune over the previous decade on players that ranged from sh*t to poor to average. And the scousers didn't want him, they gave him no support whatsoever. Wouldn't have mattered which manager got the job there he'd have been out in a couple of months.

Stuff it give to Ian holloway , couldn't do any worse than Capella , Sven , etc

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Capello resigns! on 20:57 - Feb 8 with 1328 viewsKernowRanger

Mike Bassett, your time has come!
Capello resigns! on 21:01 - Feb 8 with 1320 viewsderbyhoop

I think Fabio could see a squad that cares more about their club wages than playing with pride for their nation and knew that England in the Euros would be an embarassment. Terry's comments can only add to the divisions in the squad. Maybe, Fabio could see that but didn't have an alternative. That was just another problem, so he stirs the pot and can take advantage of having his authority undermined.

I suspect they'll appint Pearce as an interim and then have a proper look after the Euros.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024