Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So it looks like Rob Green... 08:38 - Jun 12 with 6261 viewsDANRANGER

Not my first choice and I'm sure many feel the same but on a "free" and a good keeper. With no transfer fee it makes sense as we can spend that money elsewhere.

apparently only a medical to complete and he's ours (according to Lee Clayton who knows his West Ham stuff)
So it looks like Rob Green... on 08:57 - Jun 12 with 4839 views18StoneOfHoop

Rob Green what a commanding keeper!

Completely made up!

(My earlier reply criticising RG deleted because I'm convinced by later posters that I was wrong.. complete cave in
)
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

So it looks like Rob Green... on 09:15 - Jun 12 with 4768 viewsCHUBBS

So it looks like Rob Green... on 08:57 - Jun 12 by 18StoneOfHoop

Rob Green what a commanding keeper!

Completely made up!

(My earlier reply criticising RG deleted because I'm convinced by later posters that I was wrong.. complete cave in
)
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Not my 1st choice,but as others have said he's a pretty good goalie without a transfer fee so all in all a decent deal.
Ps i think you've got the wrong clip as he could only take fault for the 3rd and even that was difficult.But hey ho lets make things up and critisize before he's evenplayed a game.
So it looks like Rob Green... on 09:16 - Jun 12 with 4763 viewsadhoc_qpr

Wouldn't be my choice, but like you say the price is right and we don't really have cash to burn.
So it looks like Rob Green... on 09:25 - Jun 12 with 4740 viewsAmancalledhorse

So it looks like Rob Green... on 09:16 - Jun 12 by adhoc_qpr

Wouldn't be my choice, but like you say the price is right and we don't really have cash to burn.

Have to say, I think he is a step up from Kenny, no dis-respect to Paddy! Did us proud over the last couple of seasons.
So it looks like Rob Green... on 10:00 - Jun 12 with 4645 viewsBluce_Ree

Good keeper vilifed by idiots for one mistake. Hope he does really well for us.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

So it looks like Rob Green... on 10:13 - Jun 12 with 4597 viewsfblockasia

So it looks like Rob Green... on 10:00 - Jun 12 by Bluce_Ree

what he said ....

a decent fan would have chosen this one for our new keeper
So it looks like Rob Green... on 10:27 - Jun 12 with 4554 viewsexiled_dictator

So it looks like Rob Green... on 10:13 - Jun 12 by fblockasia

what he said ....

a decent fan would have chosen this one for our new keeper

The big problem is that there are not many good keepers that are available.
Ben Foster would have been a very good choice as No1, but he has made it clear that he is not prepared to leave the Midlands area, having turned down an approach from Spurs, and now having entered into negotiations with West Brom.

Rob Green is infinitely better than anything we have at the moment, FACT.
All keepers are prone to mistakes and it appears that for some reason many posters are merely focusing on the ones that Green has made, as opposed to seeing him as a very good keeper and a huge improvement for next season. He cannot be written off, but should be welcomed as part of the next step up.

It's not what you've got; it's where you stick it.
Poll: Climate Change

So it looks like Rob Green... on 10:29 - Jun 12 with 4553 viewsClive_Anderson

Stupid question, but how come he isn't staying at West Ham? I can't imagine we'd offer him that much more than them.
Login to get fewer ads

So it looks like Rob Green... on 10:32 - Jun 12 with 4543 viewsJonDoeman

So it looks like Rob Green... on 10:29 - Jun 12 by Clive_Anderson

Stupid question, but how come he isn't staying at West Ham? I can't imagine we'd offer him that much more than them.

Money, we're offering more of it.

It Is What It Is !!

So it looks like Rob Green... on 11:18 - Jun 12 with 4438 viewsexiled_dictator

So it looks like Rob Green... on 10:29 - Jun 12 by Clive_Anderson

Wants to play for a team that will guarantee Premiership games next season, and allow him to keep a foot in the England door.

So we are paying him more than £45k a week?
I suppose to be a big time club, we need to start paying players big time money. But surprised he didn't have a clause in his contract to reduce his wages when WHU were relegated.

It's not what you've got; it's where you stick it.
Poll: Climate Change

So it looks like Rob Green... on 11:19 - Jun 12 with 4443 viewsdaveB

I'd have preferred Foster but if he's turned us down then Green is a good option.
So it looks like Rob Green... on 11:23 - Jun 12 with 4431 viewsQPunkR

I'd be happy with Greenie.

Always rated him pretty highly, that one obvious f*ck up apart.
Although it did make me laugh that in one replay you can clearly see him mouth 'f*cks sake' as he's diving for the ball trickling over the line!

QPR - "shit but local"

So it looks like Rob Green... on 11:57 - Jun 12 with 4392 viewsreal_loftus

^^^ This ^^^

ATAF.

So it looks like Rob Green... on 12:09 - Jun 12 with 4351 viewstimcocking

One complete and utter howler of a schoolboy error! Suggests he's not the man for the pressure scenario. Cost me personally over a thousand pounds and he still hasn't offered to reimburse me.

Let's hope he proves me wrong.
So it looks like Rob Green... on 12:12 - Jun 12 with 4336 viewstimcocking

If a person vilifies somebody, does that automatically make that person an idiot? Big presumption on your part imo. Do you like every single player in the world? If so, you must be an idiot :-)
So it looks like Rob Green... on 12:38 - Jun 12 with 4277 viewsHayesender

Good keeper, and those that think he ain't good enough for little old QPR need to look and see how far we've come in such a short space imo

Poll: Shamima Beghum

So it looks like Rob Green... on 12:41 - Jun 12 with 4261 viewsAntti_Heinola

So it looks like Rob Green... on 12:12 - Jun 12 by timcocking

If a person vilifies somebody, does that automatically make that person an idiot? Big presumption on your part imo. Do you like every single player in the world? If so, you must be an idiot :-)

vilifying someone for one mistake - and we're not talking about the sort of 'mistakes' made by Messrs Bramble, Hughes or King here - probably does make someone an idiot, yes.

Bare bones.

So it looks like Rob Green... on 13:08 - Jun 12 with 4178 viewskarl

Not going to slag off Green but MacGregor now free from contract at Rangers due to CVA being turned down. Better keeper IMO and lot less wages i'd have thought if £45k being quoted for Green is correct
So it looks like Rob Green... on 13:21 - Jun 12 with 4136 viewsthame_hoops

So it looks like Rob Green... on 11:19 - Jun 12 by daveB

I'd have preferred Foster but if he's turned us down then Green is a good option.

^This.
So it looks like Rob Green... on 15:12 - Jun 12 with 4022 viewsWokingR

He was looking like being England's number 1 before he broke his leg.
If we see anything like that form then he will be a great signing.

I'm certainly happier with this than being linked with Gomes
So it looks like Rob Green... on 15:23 - Jun 12 with 3999 viewsbosh67

He's a good keeper and at 32 a £50K a week 4 year deal is probably as good as it gets. Just keep him away from Clint Dempsey grass cutters.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

So it looks like Rob Green... on 15:50 - Jun 12 with 3949 viewsCornish_oooRRRR

Has he got a big enough mouth? Need someone to organise defense if Hill isn't playing

It's got to be Yarg

So it looks like Rob Green... on 16:35 - Jun 12 with 3894 viewsClive_Anderson

So it looks like Rob Green... on 15:23 - Jun 12 by bosh67

He's a good keeper and at 32 a £50K a week 4 year deal is probably as good as it gets. Just keep him away from Clint Dempsey grass cutters.

Is he that old? I assumed he was around 28.

So only a couple of years younger than Paddy then.
So it looks like Rob Green... on 17:33 - Jun 12 with 3831 viewsSomersetHoops

I'm not sure RG is any better than Paddy. He always looks as if he's just got out of bed when I've seen him play. I would rather have Foster and I hope this is not another long term deal we will regret. I suppose we have to rely on Mark Hughes to get it right. I thought that big young ginger lad from Bolton looked promising (Bodan?) and we could do with someone younger and fitter than Cerny to ensure we keep our GK on his toes.

Who's Next?

So it looks like Rob Green... on 17:35 - Jun 12 with 3828 viewsQPR_ARG

So it looks like Rob Green... on 15:50 - Jun 12 by Cornish_oooRRRR

Has he got a big enough mouth? Need someone to organise defense if Hill isn't playing

Hey, Cornish!

That looks like an Argentina flag on your avatar and also...and more importantly...an "empanada" instead of a sun!

Are you from around here?

If most of you reading this don't know what an empanada is, I feel sorry for you.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024