Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Minder now on ITV4 18:38 - Mar 19 with 8856 viewsflynnbo

On plus one later obviously but there's a couple in the sack with a huge QPR flag on the bedroom wall, pennant and mug. Arthur just asked "what's he like?" to which Terry responds "He's a QPR supporter"
Minder now on ITV4 on 20:24 - Mar 19 with 6904 viewsDylanP

Terry: "He's a QPR supporter"

Translation "He's a solid geezer"

Good man that Terry. I used to love Minder as a kid. Probably my favourite show.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Minder now on ITV4 on 20:42 - Mar 19 with 6867 viewsShotKneesHoop

Arthur then says "A QPR supporter? What else? There must be something else about him?"

Terry says " No"

"No" means long suffering, put upon, dreamer.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Minder now on ITV4 on 21:04 - Mar 19 with 6826 viewsLambourn

this is still my bedroom wife not happy tho.
Minder now on ITV4 on 23:12 - Mar 19 with 6725 viewsJAPRANGERS

Minder now on ITV4 on 21:04 - Mar 19 by Lambourn

Minder now on ITV4 on 01:39 - Mar 20 with 6680 viewsSonofNorfolt

Minder now on ITV4 on 21:04 - Mar 19 by Lambourn

Overlooking a car park that's why!

That episode is the one where Wolfie Smith's sidekick is the 'R's supporter?

My dad and uncle both play on theme tune.
Minder now on ITV4 on 07:03 - Mar 20 with 6643 viewsPommyhoop

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Minder now on ITV4 on 08:10 - Mar 20 with 6605 viewsShotKneesHoop

Minder now on ITV4 on 23:12 - Mar 19 by JAPRANGERS

Reminds me of the hostel room I had was a student in the sixties. I had a life size colour poster of Rodney Marsh in hoops pinned on the ceiling about my bed. Not all the birds I invited back there after the Stu U bar shut at eleven (proves the veracity of the timing of all this) were impressed.

"Moving in" time often went onto pause and the occasion rejection button when a bird would be half was to ecstacy, look over my shoulder up at the ceiling and see Rodney smiling down with a knowing wink from 12 foot high.

Same question and answer "What are you like?' "I'm a QPR supporter!"

Taking them to heaven and back was sometimes confirmed with a scream of "You R's!"

Which proves you can take the Bush of the boy, but you can't take ...... OK, you know the rest.
[Post edited 20 Mar 2014 8:11]

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Minder now on ITV4 on 09:43 - Mar 20 with 6549 viewsJAPRANGERS

Minder now on ITV4 on 08:10 - Mar 20 by ShotKneesHoop

Reminds me of the hostel room I had was a student in the sixties. I had a life size colour poster of Rodney Marsh in hoops pinned on the ceiling about my bed. Not all the birds I invited back there after the Stu U bar shut at eleven (proves the veracity of the timing of all this) were impressed.

"Moving in" time often went onto pause and the occasion rejection button when a bird would be half was to ecstacy, look over my shoulder up at the ceiling and see Rodney smiling down with a knowing wink from 12 foot high.

Same question and answer "What are you like?' "I'm a QPR supporter!"

Taking them to heaven and back was sometimes confirmed with a scream of "You R's!"

Which proves you can take the Bush of the boy, but you can't take ...... OK, you know the rest.
[Post edited 20 Mar 2014 8:11]

Excellent post!!

Login to get fewer ads

Minder now on ITV4 on 12:02 - Mar 20 with 6502 views18StoneOfHoop

Simply a Must See.
Every R should put aside time to watch this cracking episode,one of the best ever episodes of Minder:

The hilarious QPR bedroom scene is at 27:38.
The actor who plays weedy wally Kev,the room-dividing Ranger with the hot asian bird, Mike Grady, did indeed play Wolfie Smith's speccy Fulham-supporting sidekick in Konk's favourite programme,Citizen Smith.

All gorgeously shot on location around the back of Olympia in Milson and Blythe Road W14.

Brilliantly written episode with much tangential nuanced ahead-of-its-time wise working-class commentary & discussion of the immigration issue - some looking dated: Kev "mum don't like coloureds in the house" - 40 years before odious bigoted intolerant Little Englander smug bore Nigel Farage arrived on the scene to stir the rabble up.

Indo-Brit character actor Saeed Jaffrey (My Beautiful Launderette,Empire Road etcetera) tour-de-force terrific as Mr Mukherjee, a 10/10 performance.

@30:16
AD: "What's he like?" TMc: "He's a QPR supporter." AD: "There must be more to it than that?" TMc: "Not a lot."
[Post edited 22 Mar 2014 12:26]

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

Minder now on ITV4 on 15:52 - Mar 20 with 6429 viewsTheChef

Newsagent is on Masbro Road, just opposite The Bird In Hand pub?

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Minder now on ITV4 on 16:53 - Mar 20 with 6405 viewsizlingtonhoop

Doesn't Arthur say, "there must be more to him than that."
To which Terry answers, "Not a lot, no."?

Entry for Top Ten Minder Quote:
Arnie (R Winstone pre-Disneyland Cockney accent) whilst being pursued by cops in boats:
It's the river filth!

Arthur staggers from a forced whisky and cornflakes breakfast with a 'scotch' villain.
Terry: 'Ow long you bin in there?
Arthur (severely slurred): About 'alf an hour...
[Post edited 20 Mar 2014 17:01]
Minder now on ITV4 on 17:22 - Mar 20 with 6380 viewspaulparker

there was a scene the other day in Minder
where ray(not a patch on the originals BTW) was sitting in the Ellerslie Road with one of Arthurs old mates and he was talking about having trials with us

Best Minder episode is the one "its a sorry lorrie morrie" with Arthur, Terry & young Justine,

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Minder now on ITV4 on 17:25 - Mar 20 with 6377 viewsizlingtonhoop

Minder now on ITV4 on 17:22 - Mar 20 by paulparker

there was a scene the other day in Minder
where ray(not a patch on the originals BTW) was sitting in the Ellerslie Road with one of Arthurs old mates and he was talking about having trials with us

Best Minder episode is the one "its a sorry lorrie morrie" with Arthur, Terry & young Justine,

"Arthur Daley, he's numero uno!"
Minder now on ITV4 on 17:41 - Mar 20 with 6367 viewsMrSheen

I think we've done this before, but there is a truly tragic Minder website which lists all the locations in detail, including the nine-or-so homes of the Winchester Club.

Any show with light and bitter in it will have me watching though. My dad's favourite, and died about the same time as him.
Minder now on ITV4 on 00:26 - Mar 21 with 6276 viewsJuzzie

Minder now on ITV4 on 17:41 - Mar 20 by MrSheen

I think we've done this before, but there is a truly tragic Minder website which lists all the locations in detail, including the nine-or-so homes of the Winchester Club.

Any show with light and bitter in it will have me watching though. My dad's favourite, and died about the same time as him.

http://www.minder.org

The Winchester Club in series 1 filmed right opposite where I live (moving next week though). It's a dry cleaners now.

[Post edited 21 Mar 2014 0:28]
Minder now on ITV4 on 09:24 - Mar 21 with 6230 viewswombat

Minder now on ITV4 on 00:26 - Mar 21 by Juzzie

http://www.minder.org

The Winchester Club in series 1 filmed right opposite where I live (moving next week though). It's a dry cleaners now.

[Post edited 21 Mar 2014 0:28]

some of minder and the Sweeney was filmed in the old western pub on the junction of the A40 where the Diy place is now , homebase or what ever its called bright green , the western was my old man local and there was always tv crews in there during breaks from fiiming

used to be a a barmaid with the biggest Tits ive ever seen in my life remember going in there after the cup final replay in 82 and the twins were on full show that night to cheer up the regulars coming home from the game

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Minder now on ITV4 on 09:34 - Mar 21 with 6221 viewsPommyhoop

Minder now on ITV4 on 09:24 - Mar 21 by wombat

some of minder and the Sweeney was filmed in the old western pub on the junction of the A40 where the Diy place is now , homebase or what ever its called bright green , the western was my old man local and there was always tv crews in there during breaks from fiiming

used to be a a barmaid with the biggest Tits ive ever seen in my life remember going in there after the cup final replay in 82 and the twins were on full show that night to cheer up the regulars coming home from the game

I remember that old pub..Only went in it a couple of times at work when going in the pub at lunch(and actually having a shant) or straight after work was expected rather than frowned upon.
How many classic old boozers have been lost to McDonalds and DIY places???

Minder now on ITV4 on 09:41 - Mar 21 with 6214 viewsDiscodroid

i almost feel that terry,the bold arthur,dave and charlie chisolm/ronnie rycott are part of the family..such is the affection& love i have for the greatest show ever made.

probably because my grandad was a money lender and helped out prisoners in the east end . he had a minder called 'arthur birmingham' straight up!

favourite episodes were the boxing ones with terry making a comeback and training 'denzil' from only fools.
also the one with robbie coltrane and the toupee's .

i remember the bbc introducing 'citizen khan' as the new minder /only fools.

they just dont give up or fkn get it do they.
[Post edited 21 Mar 2014 9:43]

" I guess in four or five years, the new generation's music will be .. electronics, tapes. I can kind of envision .. maybe one person .. with a lot of machines, tapes, and electronics setups, singin or speaking .. and using machines " James Douglas Morrison | 1969

Minder now on ITV4 on 09:46 - Mar 21 with 6201 viewswombat

Minder now on ITV4 on 09:34 - Mar 21 by Pommyhoop

I remember that old pub..Only went in it a couple of times at work when going in the pub at lunch(and actually having a shant) or straight after work was expected rather than frowned upon.
How many classic old boozers have been lost to McDonalds and DIY places???

proper old school pub huge car park at the front and a hall for functions to the side fond memorys of going in there with the old man when he was hiding from me mum
always something going on there legal and illegal

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Minder now on ITV4 on 09:57 - Mar 21 with 6196 viewsPommyhoop

Minder now on ITV4 on 09:46 - Mar 21 by wombat

proper old school pub huge car park at the front and a hall for functions to the side fond memorys of going in there with the old man when he was hiding from me mum
always something going on there legal and illegal

Yep ,really miss the old Pub culture .I know it was dying well before I came over here .
I remember my local ,how one week everyone would be wearing Kickers (even old Grannies and Grandads) and the next week everyone had the most gariest Swatch ever on their arm..
And the Grannies and Grandads had their sleeves rolled up to show em off..

Minder now on ITV4 on 10:13 - Mar 21 with 6191 viewsDiscodroid

the one with art malik was a cracker as well.

"you could do a lot worse that those gunga dins, terrance, up with the lark ,bowl of pilau,and off to work like a good 'un".

you'd have harriet harman spraying like a cat over a picture of claire short in a 3 way fu ck fest with winston silcot and nye bevan if that was on tv now.
[Post edited 21 Mar 2014 10:14]

" I guess in four or five years, the new generation's music will be .. electronics, tapes. I can kind of envision .. maybe one person .. with a lot of machines, tapes, and electronics setups, singin or speaking .. and using machines " James Douglas Morrison | 1969

Minder now on ITV4 on 10:25 - Mar 21 with 6178 viewsPommyhoop

Minder now on ITV4 on 10:13 - Mar 21 by Discodroid

the one with art malik was a cracker as well.

"you could do a lot worse that those gunga dins, terrance, up with the lark ,bowl of pilau,and off to work like a good 'un".

you'd have harriet harman spraying like a cat over a picture of claire short in a 3 way fu ck fest with winston silcot and nye bevan if that was on tv now.
[Post edited 21 Mar 2014 10:14]

LOL And the Pikey one where Tel had to fight one then he found out they were ok.
Nah that was a DUH DAH for me . I f'cking hate pikeys..

Minder now on ITV4 on 10:31 - Mar 21 with 6171 viewspaulparker

its loved to death as it reminds us of what West London used to be like
and what people from the Area were like as well
even though ive seen them to death they are still a must watch

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Minder now on ITV4 on 10:39 - Mar 21 with 6166 viewsPommyhoop

Minder now on ITV4 on 10:31 - Mar 21 by paulparker

its loved to death as it reminds us of what West London used to be like
and what people from the Area were like as well
even though ive seen them to death they are still a must watch

Yep and that was ANOTHER reason why we used to be EVERYONES favourite 2nd team. The Northerners used to come down and there would always be a little fella on the coach/train sayin ''Ere BOZ they used to film Minder/The Sweeny/Steptoe round ere like''
Everyone loved a West Londoner..
They hate us now...

edit for Quadrof'ckingphoenia. Everyone loved that film...
[Post edited 21 Mar 2014 11:01]

Minder now on ITV4 on 12:34 - Mar 21 with 6140 viewsisawqpratwcity

Minder now on ITV4 on 20:24 - Mar 19 by DylanP

Terry: "He's a QPR supporter"

Translation "He's a solid geezer"

Good man that Terry. I used to love Minder as a kid. Probably my favourite show.

The sub-text in that dialogue was, is that bloke a threat?

And the "QPR supporter" bit meant NO!

Jeez, take a breath and have a laugh at ourselves, sometimes. I found it funny and delighted for the mention (for a West London prog, we were woefully obscured by the egregious Fulham).

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024