Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Paul Nuttall new UKIP leader 13:03 - Nov 28 with 29256 viewsJacksDad

Photo in the Guardian https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/nov/28/paul-nuttall-elected-as-ukip-le Penfold? Even the clothes? On Purpose? Will labour elect DangerMouse? DM for PM .... stranger things have happened..........

Excuse me I seem to be having a breakdown!
Paul Nuttall new UKIP leader on 13:28 - Nov 28 with 9541 viewsGloucs_R

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/nov/28/paul-nuttall-elected-as-ukip-le

Poll: Are we staying up?

Paul Nuttall new UKIP leader on 13:38 - Nov 28 with 9520 viewsdaveB

[Post edited 28 Nov 2016 13:39]
Paul Nuttall new UKIP leader on 13:46 - Nov 28 with 9495 viewsGloucs_R

Politics is this country are fkd for years to come.

Labour has gone too far left
Liberals have all but disapeared
UKIP now fighting Labour for the working class vote with a name change to come apparently
The tories not challenged by anyone
Green party with micky mouse policies
SDP with only an interest in Scotland

I'm surpirsed the Lib Dems arent hammering the Labour centre at the moment

I like to think I am central right but I am totally fed up with politics. I voted Leave for Brexit but now seeing arguments that could have changed my mind 3 months ago (WTF wasnt we told at the time!!??!!)

Poll: Are we staying up?

Paul Nuttall new UKIP leader on 13:50 - Nov 28 with 9477 viewsNorthernr

Paul Nuttall new UKIP leader on 13:46 - Nov 28 by Gloucs_R

UKIP now fighting Labour for the working class vote with a name change to come apparently

I like to think I am central right but I am totally fed up with politics. I voted Leave for Brexit but now seeing arguments that could have changed my mind 3 months ago (WTF wasnt we told at the time!!??!!)

You were, but it was dismissed as "project fear".
Paul Nuttall new UKIP leader on 13:59 - Nov 28 with 9456 viewsBlackCrowe

We've got Richmond Park by election on Thursday and for the first time in my life i might not vote (unless i decide to go monster raving loony).

Up until this year.Goldsmith has been a decent mp for his constituents it seems to me. But c.73% of constituents voted remain and he was a big champion of brexit, so how can you vote for him to represent you. And he ran a flipping dsigraceful campaign for London mayor.

And he majors (as do LIbdems) on 3rd runway when some people are for it, some against, but the vast majority (gut feel only) are ambivalent at best.

Lib dems are going hard for victory and may just do it though god help us all after last time they were in power here, and Labour barely seem to be trying (daily leaflets and door knocking from Cons and LibDems, not a squeak from Labour).

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Paul Nuttall new UKIP leader on 14:16 - Nov 28 with 9422 viewsNorthernr

Paul Nuttall new UKIP leader on 13:59 - Nov 28 by BlackCrowe

We've got Richmond Park by election on Thursday and for the first time in my life i might not vote (unless i decide to go monster raving loony).

Up until this year.Goldsmith has been a decent mp for his constituents it seems to me. But c.73% of constituents voted remain and he was a big champion of brexit, so how can you vote for him to represent you. And he ran a flipping dsigraceful campaign for London mayor.

And he majors (as do LIbdems) on 3rd runway when some people are for it, some against, but the vast majority (gut feel only) are ambivalent at best.

Lib dems are going hard for victory and may just do it though god help us all after last time they were in power here, and Labour barely seem to be trying (daily leaflets and door knocking from Cons and LibDems, not a squeak from Labour).

Your Labour candidate is QPR s/t holder if that helps at all.
Paul Nuttall new UKIP leader on 14:22 - Nov 28 with 9412 viewsSilverfoxqpr

Paul Nuttall new UKIP leader on 14:16 - Nov 28 by Northernr

Blimey Northern I don't know where you find the time.
Paul Nuttall new UKIP leader on 14:22 - Nov 28 with 9408 viewsKonk

Paul Nuttall new UKIP leader on 13:50 - Nov 28 by Northernr

I'm still not sure how the people threatening the imminent arrival of 70m Turks at Heathrow when there's zero chance of Turkish accession to the EU in the foreseeable future, had the front to accuse anyone of pedalling in fear.

3/5 of my team voted Leave — all were adamant that we would “obviously” be able to retain access to a single market/EU Passporting because it was in the EU’s interest; seemingly on the basis that we buy a lot of German cars. Given the clamour for exit that would create in other Northern European countries — and crucially Eurozone countries — I still can’t see any way that we’ll be allowed to have our cake and eat it. Of course, we might get the deal that Johnson/Fox/Davis seem to think is possible, but I’m not sure the rest of Europe is thinking along the same lines. I had the Norwegian model quoted to me quite a bit in the run up to the referendum, and barely anyone advocating a similar model for the UK, seemed to understand that involved freedom of movement for EU members.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Login to get fewer ads

Paul Nuttall new UKIP leader on 14:28 - Nov 28 with 9391 viewsWatford_Ranger

I don't see why an MP needs to have the same view of Brexit as those he/she represents. Brexit is one (admittedly important) issue amongst the hundreds MPs deal with.
Paul Nuttall new UKIP leader on 14:28 - Nov 28 with 9391 viewsMrSheen

Were you plagued by the orange peril on Saturday? We had three separate Lib Dem visits, and I saw about a dozen on the street on a half mile drive to the dry cleaners. If they can't win on Thursday I think they're finished.
Paul Nuttall new UKIP leader on 14:30 - Nov 28 with 9385 viewsMrSheen

Paul Nuttall new UKIP leader on 14:16 - Nov 28 by Northernr

Good for about a dozen votes around here. Not sure if Barton is still registered.
Paul Nuttall new UKIP leader on 14:38 - Nov 28 with 9370 viewsessextaxiboy

Paul Nuttall new UKIP leader on 13:46 - Nov 28 by Gloucs_R

What didn't you know ?
Paul Nuttall new UKIP leader on 14:40 - Nov 28 with 9364 viewsessextaxiboy

Paul Nuttall new UKIP leader on 13:50 - Nov 28 by Northernr

Still waiting for my house to lose 18%
Paul Nuttall new UKIP leader on 14:51 - Nov 28 with 9331 viewsdaveB

Paul Nuttall new UKIP leader on 14:22 - Nov 28 by Konk

I'm still not sure how the people threatening the imminent arrival of 70m Turks at Heathrow when there's zero chance of Turkish accession to the EU in the foreseeable future, had the front to accuse anyone of pedalling in fear.

3/5 of my team voted Leave — all were adamant that we would “obviously” be able to retain access to a single market/EU Passporting because it was in the EU’s interest; seemingly on the basis that we buy a lot of German cars. Given the clamour for exit that would create in other Northern European countries — and crucially Eurozone countries — I still can’t see any way that we’ll be allowed to have our cake and eat it. Of course, we might get the deal that Johnson/Fox/Davis seem to think is possible, but I’m not sure the rest of Europe is thinking along the same lines. I had the Norwegian model quoted to me quite a bit in the run up to the referendum, and barely anyone advocating a similar model for the UK, seemed to understand that involved freedom of movement for EU members.

The EU will make it as hard for us as possible as if we are allowed the deal we seem to want then other countries will be following us out, we'll be given next to nothing to ensure no one follows our lead.
Paul Nuttall new UKIP leader on 14:51 - Nov 28 with 9329 viewsKonk

Paul Nuttall new UKIP leader on 14:40 - Nov 28 by essextaxiboy

Still waiting for my house to lose 18%

It's early days, yet!

Both sides engaged in pathetic scare-mongering which did no-one any credit. If you were relying on politicians to give you an honest appraisal of the likely consequences of either outcome, you'll have been extremely disappointed. The economy was either going to contract by 98% within the week or 70m Muslims were heading our way.

Paul Nuttall new UKIP leader on 14:52 - Nov 28 with 9326 viewsessextaxiboy

Paul Nuttall new UKIP leader on 14:22 - Nov 28 by Konk

Your team obviously didn't do enough research into what voting out entailed . Who's problem is that ? The EU is linked to the single market in literally hundreds of pieces of legislation . Out means out and make a new deal.
There was an attempted coup in Turkey a week before the vote ,without that and min vote and millions of Turks would be getting visa free access in the near future .
It was remained who quoted Norway as the best we could hope for . Wait and see, we have 2 plus years yet ..
Paul Nuttall new UKIP leader on 14:55 - Nov 28 with 9315 viewsessextaxiboy

Paul Nuttall new UKIP leader on 14:28 - Nov 28 by Watford_Ranger

I don't see why an MP needs to have the same view of Brexit as those he/she represents. Brexit is one (admittedly important) issue amongst the hundreds MPs deal with.

Well to show contempt for the majority of your constituents isn't the best way to keep your seat in 2020.. okay if you are retiring but expect pelters every day until you go
Paul Nuttall new UKIP leader on 14:58 - Nov 28 with 9303 viewsessextaxiboy

Paul Nuttall new UKIP leader on 14:51 - Nov 28 by Konk

It's early days, yet!

Both sides engaged in pathetic scare-mongering which did no-one any credit. If you were relying on politicians to give you an honest appraisal of the likely consequences of either outcome, you'll have been extremely disappointed. The economy was either going to contract by 98% within the week or 70m Muslims were heading our way.

Still waiting for the stock market to tank ..
Paul Nuttall new UKIP leader on 15:01 - Nov 28 with 9302 viewsBlackCrowe

Paul Nuttall new UKIP leader on 14:28 - Nov 28 by MrSheen

Were you plagued by the orange peril on Saturday? We had three separate Lib Dem visits, and I saw about a dozen on the street on a half mile drive to the dry cleaners. If they can't win on Thursday I think they're finished.

My kids did some market research on the drive to Sunday sport activities by counting the number of 'Vote..' boards outside people's houses. They conclude that Lib Dems will get 75% of the vote, Cons, 25% and Labour 0%.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Paul Nuttall new UKIP leader on 15:02 - Nov 28 with 9300 viewsNW10Hoop

Are QPR liberal metropolitan elite or J.A.M ?
Paul Nuttall new UKIP leader on 15:04 - Nov 28 with 9298 viewsKonk

Paul Nuttall new UKIP leader on 14:52 - Nov 28 by essextaxiboy

Your team obviously didn't do enough research into what voting out entailed . Who's problem is that ? The EU is linked to the single market in literally hundreds of pieces of legislation . Out means out and make a new deal.
There was an attempted coup in Turkey a week before the vote ,without that and min vote and millions of Turks would be getting visa free access in the near future .
It was remained who quoted Norway as the best we could hope for . Wait and see, we have 2 plus years yet ..

Heading home in a minute, but

Dispute the Turkish situation - huge opposition to Turkey joining the EU from all across the political spectrum and throughout Europe. The Visa-free travel was for the Schengen zone and was always unlikely given improvements that had been stipulated in areas such as freedom of press, suppression of political opposition, independence of judiciary etc.

As for people not understanding what they were potentially voting for - absolutely the fault of people who were comforted by politicians/media commentators saying it would all be hunky-dory because we could just follow the Norwegian model, whilst neglecting to mention the fact that unlimited EU immigration was integral to that. I think you probably spent an awful lot more time considering the outcome of Brexit/Remain than most people who voted either way.

Paul Nuttall new UKIP leader on 15:04 - Nov 28 with 9297 viewsNorthernr

Paul Nuttall new UKIP leader on 14:55 - Nov 28 by essextaxiboy

Well to show contempt for the majority of your constituents isn't the best way to keep your seat in 2020.. okay if you are retiring but expect pelters every day until you go

Problem is there are so many safe seats MPs can pretty much do as they please. We've got Theresa Villiers representing us because we have Totteridge village in our constituency - the original 'put a pig up as candidate and they'd still vote for it' Tory heartland. Her key priority is repealing the fox hunting ban, absolutely vital stuff to the people of Barnet which misses its affordable housing targets by miles every year, which is one of the worst areas in the city for over priced rents and dodgy letting agents practices, which has an appalling train service run by the Govia franchise etc. As said earlier, 70% of richmond voted remain, goldsmith voted out.
Paul Nuttall new UKIP leader on 15:05 - Nov 28 with 9287 viewsBAWHoops

If there was a General Election tomorrow then I have no idea I would vote for

Conservatives have become a party of right wing Brexit nutjobs who seem intent on dragging us out of the EU without looking to get the best deal for Britain

Labour are a joke under Corbyn, and as Jew there's absolutely no way I could vote for a party full of racist bile towards me

UKIP are scum of the earth who's main message seems to be 'Nostalgia is great and brown people are bad'

Lib Dems are a big ol pile of 'meh'.

Would probably vote Lib Dems as they are the least offensive

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Paul Nuttall new UKIP leader on 15:06 - Nov 28 with 9286 viewsNorthernr

Paul Nuttall new UKIP leader on 14:58 - Nov 28 by essextaxiboy

The full effects, positive or negative, won't be known for years. You're still waiting because it (Brexit) hasn't happened yet.
Paul Nuttall new UKIP leader on 15:09 - Nov 28 with 9280 viewsKonk

Paul Nuttall new UKIP leader on 14:58 - Nov 28 by essextaxiboy

This argument always reminds me of the "Fall of Baghdad" where people opposed to the invasion were patted on the head and told they'd been worrying about nothing after all. Didn't turn out quite that way in the long run.

Hopefully some of us will have been fretting over nothing in terms of the UK economy/Brexit, but I guess we won't really know until we're out and we know what sort of relationship we have with the rest of Europe and the wider world. I think it's far too soon to be smug - and the crack team of Fox, Davis and Johnson aren't exactly filling me with confidence.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024