Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Next Season's squad 19:09 - Mar 4 with 6021 viewsnumptydumpty

Early to speculate but as far as me concerned:

Goalkeeper

Lumley - keep
Ingram - to sell

Defence

Furlong Rangel Leistner Hall Bidwell - keep
Baptiste Lynch to sell

Midfield

Bright Cousins Luongo Manning Chair Cameron (I hope) Wzolek (if on affordable salary) - keep

Freeman Scowen - to sell

Strikers

Eze Smith Smyth Oteh Wells (I hope)

We will need back up goalkeeper and all positions at back.
One possibly two new wide men and one new striker

But with the resources we have - can't see a season much above this and the last mid table at best....

Probably way too early for this but we already seem to be in end of season mode at beginning of March...…..

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

Next Season's squad on 19:11 - Mar 4 with 3865 viewsnumptydumpty

Think with his form Freeman a certainty to leave - obviously would love to keep him but can't see how that could be possible

Next Season's squad on 19:27 - Mar 4 with 3815 viewsbosh67

Sadly I can see both Freeman and Eze going.

Ingram, Baptiste, Lynch and Bidwell will leave.

I think Pav will leave sadly. Hope we keep Manning but McClaren not really handling him well.

I have a bad feeling Luongo could also move on.

Smith may well be sold on if deemed to be on too much money.

Wells, Cameron and Hemed will all go back and I doubt we will see them again.

Rangel however may stay on. Depends. We will need one or two elder statesmen but I can see next season's squad being very much a development team with a few older heads.

Depends on whether or not the youngsters step up. Could be a much harder season because our accounts still look fairly poor and I can't see us spending any money again.

Happy happy happy!

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Next Season's squad on 19:36 - Mar 4 with 3800 viewsQPR_John

Next Season's squad on 19:27 - Mar 4 by bosh67

I think Pav will leave sadly. Hope we keep Manning but McClaren not really handling him well.

Rangel however may stay on. Depends. We will need one or two elder statesmen but I can see next season's squad being very much a development team with a few older heads.

Depends on whether or not the youngsters step up. Could be a much harder season because our accounts still look fairly poor and I can't see us spending any money again.

Happy happy happy!

If he keeps up his current performances then Eze is not going anywhere
[Post edited 4 Mar 2019 20:31]
Next Season's squad on 20:08 - Mar 4 with 3748 viewskensalriser

I don't know, the results are bad enough that I don't really want to think about next season. Not as if any of us can do anything about it.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Next Season's squad on 21:24 - Mar 4 with 3644 viewsGloucs_R

Loads you've named are our if contact in the summer. No chance of resigning then unless they take a pay drop

Poll: Are we staying up?

Next Season's squad on 02:01 - Mar 5 with 3455 viewstimcocking

The more i think about things, when you consider all the FFP stuff Clive goes on about, we really are in trouble.
Next Season's squad on 08:10 - Mar 5 with 3313 viewsRblockPrior

Imo, those who will leave us this summer will be;
Freeman- sold
Cameron- end of loan, with injuries and wage we won't try to keep
Hemed- end of loan, with injuries and wage we won't try to keep
Wells- end of loan, he will not want to stay
Lynch- Will not be offered a contract
Smith- wants more 1st team football, may drop a division
Goss- wants more 1st team football, may drop a division
Ingram- needs to rebuild career and confidence else where
Scowen- not in Mclarens plans, wants more 1st team football
Baptiste- not in Mclarens plans

With all these expected to leave we will have to bring in some shrewd signings for very little money while promoting the young players. I do think we will tie up a deal for pav and bidwell though, Bidwell is my cousins husbands best mate and he apparently is keen to stay

Poll: Of the 3 linked away, who do you think will still be a QPR player come February?

Next Season's squad on 08:13 - Mar 5 with 3310 viewsenfieldargh

Next Season's squad on 02:01 - Mar 5 by timcocking

The more i think about things, when you consider all the FFP stuff Clive goes on about, we really are in trouble.

so how can Preston, Brentford for example continue to thrive despite selling top asets each season?

PNE only Hugill

PNE scour the Irish leagues and come up with gem after gem whilst Brentfd fish in lower European leagues.

THey both appear to have a structure system with recruitment and how the team is set up. Both teams have central midfield 'dynamos' who play consistently well. When they get sold off they find another player lower down the leagues who slots right in.

THis is done for nearly all positions. They also both find goalscorers.

They buy low, sell high which enables them to grab a lower league player for 2 or so million every once in a while(Ollie Watkins)

Would like to see us try and do the same but not with big bucks Nakki Wells who fails to deliver more than he possibly could

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Login to get fewer ads

Next Season's squad on 10:39 - Mar 5 with 3226 viewsaston_hoop

I have this suspicion that none of the out of contract players are signing a new contract and none of the loan players are staying. Plus Freeman to Boro or Forest or someone equally as disappointing. The likes of Chair, Smyth, Oteh etc are going to be vital given the likely budgets.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Next Season's squad on 10:50 - Mar 5 with 3202 viewsdaveB

It could and probably will be a disaster this summer but other clubs manage to compete higher up the league spending far less than we currently do and how much we will spend next season.

The club have invested a lot in scouting the last few years so that needs to be utilized this summer, plenty of good players about who don't costs fortunes who could be added to a half decent squad who are nowhere near as bad as recent results suggest.

We should be talking to players now about next season and laying groundwork for the summer
Next Season's squad on 11:13 - Mar 5 with 3159 viewsBAWHoops

I would imagine that the squad ends up like this

GK - Lumley, Dieng
Can't see us keeping Ingram on board if we can eek out a small fee for him for an EFL club

RB - Furlong, Kakay, New RB?
Key here is money and Furs. If the club see Furs as a CB long term then investment is needed in this position. If not then it will be as you were

LB - Bidwell, Hamelinnan
We are all expecting Bidwell to get a new deal and I think that will be the case. we will gamble that Niko develops a little at LA

CB - Leistner, Hall, Furlong, New CB?
Linked into RB position really. Lynch and Baptiste seem to be on their way whilst Hall you would assume gets a short deal. If it's cheaper to source a CB than a RB then the club will do that

CM - Luongo, Cousins, Scowen, Manning
Not in a million years is Cameron sticking around. It will be these 4 . Cousins form probably earns him a 1 year deal you feel

AM - BOS, Smyth, Eze, Chair, Wheeler
Can't see Pav staying. Will want decent money and we have 3 players who can all play right wing if needed. Makes v little financial sense to keep him.
Freeman one assumes is off and Chair will be tasked to replace him in that LM/CAM role

ST - Smith, Oteh, New ST
You would imagine any money raised from player sales will go on a striker because currently it's looking downright awful in this department!

So expect we will say goodbye to
Ingram, Lynch, Baptiste, Cameron, Pawel, Wells, Goss, Hemed

And replace them with 1 CB/RB and a Striker whilst praying Manning, Chair and Oteh are good enough to do something

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Next Season's squad on 11:21 - Mar 5 with 3144 viewsdannyblue

Don't forget Sean Goss! He's still got another year on his contract.
Next Season's squad on 12:25 - Mar 5 with 3063 viewsGloucs_R

Next Season's squad on 11:13 - Mar 5 by BAWHoops

I would imagine that the squad ends up like this

GK - Lumley, Dieng
Can't see us keeping Ingram on board if we can eek out a small fee for him for an EFL club

RB - Furlong, Kakay, New RB?
Key here is money and Furs. If the club see Furs as a CB long term then investment is needed in this position. If not then it will be as you were

LB - Bidwell, Hamelinnan
We are all expecting Bidwell to get a new deal and I think that will be the case. we will gamble that Niko develops a little at LA

CB - Leistner, Hall, Furlong, New CB?
Linked into RB position really. Lynch and Baptiste seem to be on their way whilst Hall you would assume gets a short deal. If it's cheaper to source a CB than a RB then the club will do that

CM - Luongo, Cousins, Scowen, Manning
Not in a million years is Cameron sticking around. It will be these 4 . Cousins form probably earns him a 1 year deal you feel

AM - BOS, Smyth, Eze, Chair, Wheeler
Can't see Pav staying. Will want decent money and we have 3 players who can all play right wing if needed. Makes v little financial sense to keep him.
Freeman one assumes is off and Chair will be tasked to replace him in that LM/CAM role

ST - Smith, Oteh, New ST
You would imagine any money raised from player sales will go on a striker because currently it's looking downright awful in this department!

So expect we will say goodbye to
Ingram, Lynch, Baptiste, Cameron, Pawel, Wells, Goss, Hemed

And replace them with 1 CB/RB and a Striker whilst praying Manning, Chair and Oteh are good enough to do something

Cant see Bidwell and Hall resigning.

Felix should be pushng for RB if you believe the reports about him.

Dieng pushing Lumley

That squad has relegation written all over it though. Unless we add a bit of muscle.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Next Season's squad on 12:33 - Mar 5 with 3035 viewsR_from_afar

Next Season's squad on 08:13 - Mar 5 by enfieldargh

so how can Preston, Brentford for example continue to thrive despite selling top asets each season?

PNE only Hugill

PNE scour the Irish leagues and come up with gem after gem whilst Brentfd fish in lower European leagues.

THey both appear to have a structure system with recruitment and how the team is set up. Both teams have central midfield 'dynamos' who play consistently well. When they get sold off they find another player lower down the leagues who slots right in.

THis is done for nearly all positions. They also both find goalscorers.

They buy low, sell high which enables them to grab a lower league player for 2 or so million every once in a while(Ollie Watkins)

Would like to see us try and do the same but not with big bucks Nakki Wells who fails to deliver more than he possibly could

Well that's a good plan but we are already doing similar, if not to the same extent. Think about where Manning, Smyth and Leistner came from.

Not sure the future is bright and orange, it looks more brown and pungent from where I am standing

We don't need a manager or head coach these days, we need a sorcerer, i.e. someone who can turn base metal into gold. God bless FFP

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Next Season's squad on 12:54 - Mar 5 with 3001 viewsBAWHoops

100% it's a relegation squad.

BUT - If you end up with a proper CB the way we found Shittu and you invest wisely in a ST as opposed to the poor scouting job we did with Connor Washington, then the team may have enough.

Also it needs just one of Smyth, Chair, Oteh to come back and slot in really

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Next Season's squad on 13:01 - Mar 5 with 2992 viewsdaveB

Next Season's squad on 12:54 - Mar 5 by BAWHoops

100% it's a relegation squad.

BUT - If you end up with a proper CB the way we found Shittu and you invest wisely in a ST as opposed to the poor scouting job we did with Connor Washington, then the team may have enough.

Also it needs just one of Smyth, Chair, Oteh to come back and slot in really

2 months ago it was a squad pushing for the playoffs.
I don't see why after taking Lynch, Hall, Pawel and Cousins out of the squad we should be expecting even worse next season.

Cameron has hardly played all season, neither has Hemed and lets be honest Wells hasn't been that great so none of those are irreplaceable.

We should see it as an opportunity rather than giving up again
Next Season's squad on 13:34 - Mar 5 with 2917 viewsToast_R

Next season we'll be down. We got out if it this season with expensive loans which apparently we won't be able to finance next season.

Then take Freeman out of the midfield and the little creativity and midfield attacking threat we have is gone completely.

The defense, currently capable of mid table Championship standard once you take Lynch out of there and his ever growing catalog of costly mistakes. Lumley is ok and will get better you'd hope.

Up front we are non existent and will be relying on Oteh alone if we can find someone to help us move Smith on which given his wages, will be a ring fenced priority.

It took QPR five seasons of regression and circling the drain before they were finally relegated into the third tier last time out, sadly I can see history repeating it'self again.

And then the King sent for Holloway...
[Post edited 5 Mar 2019 13:40]
Next Season's squad on 13:51 - Mar 5 with 2867 viewsnumptydumpty

Maybe we will surprise ourselves again and be very proactive in the loan market if it is feasibly possible

This season IMO the loan players won us games in our long period of improvement when we recovered from the first four losses

If it was not for that run and introduction of experience we would be in relegation danger

Some gems unearthed from somewhere - that's where the hope lies I presume …

Otherwise yes it wil be extremely tough next season - not much the manager would b e able to do though ...

Next Season's squad on 14:35 - Mar 5 with 2808 viewsfrancisbowles

Next Season's squad on 13:51 - Mar 5 by numptydumpty

Maybe we will surprise ourselves again and be very proactive in the loan market if it is feasibly possible

This season IMO the loan players won us games in our long period of improvement when we recovered from the first four losses

If it was not for that run and introduction of experience we would be in relegation danger

Some gems unearthed from somewhere - that's where the hope lies I presume …

Otherwise yes it wil be extremely tough next season - not much the manager would b e able to do though ...

Agree with this numptydumpty "This season IMO the loan players won us games in our long period of improvement when we recovered from the first four losses

If it was not for that run and introduction of experience we would be in relegation danger"

I wouldn't be surprised if all the out of contract players get better offers elsewhere as our FFP situation is critical over the next two years at least. I also think we need to source some left footers if Freeman, Lynch and Bidwell move on. Getting Manning into the team may alleviate that a bit but can he be consistent enough?

Feel sure we will have to get some loans in but it will leave us struggling in August as we will be looking for last minute bargains.
Next Season's squad on 15:01 - Mar 5 with 2776 viewsDorse

This thread reminds me of going through Panini stickers swaps: 'Got, got, got, need, got, need, got, got, oooh a shiny, got...'

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Next Season's squad on 15:05 - Mar 5 with 2770 viewsrichranger

Lots of clickbait stories around today that Villa and Cardiff both want the BFG - for £5 million!!
Probably load of rubbish - but if any truth, for that price? SELL
Next Season's squad on 15:06 - Mar 5 with 2767 viewsridethewave

Next Season's squad on 19:27 - Mar 4 by bosh67

Happy happy happy!

If we lose both Freeman and Luongo there'll be no point turning up.
Next Season's squad on 16:40 - Mar 5 with 2696 viewsdaveB

Next Season's squad on 15:06 - Mar 5 by ridethewave

If we lose both Freeman and Luongo there'll be no point turning up.

We'd miss them but we've recovered from selling better players in the past
Next Season's squad on 16:57 - Mar 5 with 2672 viewsQPR_Jim

Next Season's squad on 16:40 - Mar 5 by daveB

We'd miss them but we've recovered from selling better players in the past

I agree we picked up Freeman on a cheap deal so hopefully we can sell for a profit and find a replacement in a similar fashion.
Next Season's squad on 17:08 - Mar 5 with 2661 viewsHarbour

Next Season's squad on 10:50 - Mar 5 by daveB

It could and probably will be a disaster this summer but other clubs manage to compete higher up the league spending far less than we currently do and how much we will spend next season.

The club have invested a lot in scouting the last few years so that needs to be utilized this summer, plenty of good players about who don't costs fortunes who could be added to a half decent squad who are nowhere near as bad as recent results suggest.

We should be talking to players now about next season and laying groundwork for the summer

Yes agree with this Dave...the club operating model to survive must be buy cheap and develop players sell on for profit and replenish every season ala Brentford who seem to have this down to a fine art. Given we are paying the FFP Fine over instalments (10 years )? and no parachute payments we have to rely on player sale profits to survive unless the stadium move actually happens which seems a long way off.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024