Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our squad actually like each other 19:09 - Apr 21 with 3469 viewsnumptydumpty

When we score everyone celebrates.

The subs, the eleven on the pitch and all the coaching staff.

Who hasn't had a job where there is at least one arsehole that rubs lot people up the wrong way and can change a decent job into one that we just endure.

It's pretty evident, everyone seems to be on the same page.

Whether this togetherness is there in the bad times I think likely

Just making a point in any workplace if everyone gets on and wants all to benefit, definitely the way to go..

We all know in times in the not so distant past when almost everyone involved just worked to their own agenda at our club

Think whoever we have employed who susses out good characters and decent personality types , go to the top of the class...

10 out of 10 and goldstars galore...
[Post edited 21 Apr 2021 19:10]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

Our squad actually like each other on 19:11 - Apr 21 with 3449 viewsStanisgod

Good post. Charlie seems just as happy when Dykes scores as himself.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Our squad actually like each other on 19:57 - Apr 21 with 3332 viewshantssi

Agree with this.
The happiest I’ve ever been at work was in the mid 80’s, the directors just seemed to employ people who they knew would get on.
Although I left in the mid 90’s many are still there coming close to retirement now having not worked anywhere else and I’m still in touch with many of them.
Our squad actually like each other on 21:05 - Apr 21 with 3246 viewsE15Hoop

Hmmm . . Wonder how Todd Kane and Osman Kakay are getting on with each other?? Maybe Toddy is keeping his head down and his lips buttoned 🤣
Our squad actually like each other on 10:55 - Apr 22 with 2950 viewsTonto

i have certainly noticed how Charlie seems to be really happy when Dykes has scored.

I have also noticed how Dykes has been delighted ALL YEAR when anyone has scored.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Our squad actually like each other on 10:59 - Apr 22 with 2936 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Our squad actually like each other on 21:05 - Apr 21 by E15Hoop

Hmmm . . Wonder how Todd Kane and Osman Kakay are getting on with each other?? Maybe Toddy is keeping his head down and his lips buttoned 🤣

Mayhap down at Harlington it went something like...

Or maybe not.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Our squad actually like each other on 11:16 - Apr 22 with 2913 viewsParkRoyalR

Our squad actually like each other on 10:55 - Apr 22 by Tonto

i have certainly noticed how Charlie seems to be really happy when Dykes has scored.

I have also noticed how Dykes has been delighted ALL YEAR when anyone has scored.

Yes, and likewise Joe Lumley being first across the pitch to congratulate Seny,

These are the players we've wanted to represent our club since the pre Hughes era,

So hopefully the tw'tters and their ilk can give Dykes, Lumley, Bonne etc their full support as they are playing hard for the team, so back them!
Our squad actually like each other on 12:15 - Apr 22 with 2819 viewsLogman

Our squad actually like each other on 10:55 - Apr 22 by Tonto

I really like Dykes. From being one of the first to stop taking the knee to giving 100% even when he was going through a lean period he is a winner
Our squad actually like each other on 12:30 - Apr 22 with 2775 viewsloftupper

Our squad actually like each other on 12:15 - Apr 22 by Logman

I really like Dykes. From being one of the first to stop taking the knee to giving 100% even when he was going through a lean period he is a winner

Not quite sure what taking the knee or not has to do with this
Login to get fewer ads

Our squad actually like each other on 12:51 - Apr 22 with 2709 viewsLoftgirl

Our squad actually like each other on 12:30 - Apr 22 by loftupper

Not quite sure what taking the knee or not has to do with this

It means he can think for himself.
Our squad actually like each other on 13:26 - Apr 22 with 2626 viewsFredManRave

It just shows that they're all finally singing from the same hymn sheet.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Our squad actually like each other on 13:33 - Apr 22 with 2594 viewsRBlock

Can we not turn this into a taking the knee debate? This message board does not need to wade into that again.

Also, I loved Dykes charging over to celebrate with Austin, when he thought he'd lobbed Woodman on Tuesday at the very end.
Our squad actually like each other on 13:43 - Apr 22 with 2574 viewsloftupper

Our squad actually like each other on 12:51 - Apr 22 by Loftgirl

It means he can think for himself.

Does it?
Our squad actually like each other on 14:03 - Apr 22 with 2517 viewsSunnyVanGo

Good thread.
What makes a squad of players work / tick?
Predetermined character traits, carefully crafted environment, clear roles responsibilities and hierarchy, shared universal goals, performance related benefits, cross section of age and experience, respect, more?
Or unattributable random mix of all of the above - luck?

What would be top of your dressing room togetherness list?
Our squad actually like each other on 14:11 - Apr 22 with 2493 viewsbosh67

I think generally the culture at the club now is very close to where Warburton, Eustace, Les and Lee want it to be. Nobody is on Billy Big Bollox wages so there is no 'us and them' divide. Young players are coming through, senior players are enjoying their football and mentoring those younger ones. The young ones know if they work hard they will get minutes on the pitch, develop and move to bigger things. It's all pretty healthy at the moment.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Our squad actually like each other on 14:26 - Apr 22 with 2465 viewsTheChef

Our squad actually like each other on 13:33 - Apr 22 by RBlock

Can we not turn this into a taking the knee debate? This message board does not need to wade into that again.

Also, I loved Dykes charging over to celebrate with Austin, when he thought he'd lobbed Woodman on Tuesday at the very end.

I was actually surprised Austin missed with that lob.

Anyway let us hope the squad huggy cuddly feel goodiness continues.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Our squad actually like each other on 16:01 - Apr 22 with 2398 viewsWestbourneR

People are saying Austin's legs are gone but mainly he's just not quite as deadly as he used to be. Still love to keep him at the club, he's been an incredible influence on the team.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Our squad actually like each other on 17:05 - Apr 22 with 2287 viewsqprd

Does anyone know who on the bench yells U Rsss when we score? Easily the highlight of lockdown watching
Our squad actually like each other on 18:16 - Apr 22 with 2200 viewsQPR99

Our squad actually like each other on 17:05 - Apr 22 by qprd

Does anyone know who on the bench yells U Rsss when we score? Easily the highlight of lockdown watching

Fairly sure it’s Lumley, what a legend
Our squad actually like each other on 18:25 - Apr 22 with 2179 viewskernowhoop

We should never under-estimate how important this is. Win or lose it is a team sport.
Our squad actually like each other on 22:59 - Apr 23 with 1966 viewsCiderwithRsie

Been thinking about this; I wonder if it's partly due to lack of crowds, so they feel the need to gee each other up rather than play to the crowd?

They seem more like a bunch of mates playing on a park. Given the turn-over in players over the last two years I wonder if lockdown has had a silver lining in helping Warburton to build team spirit.

On the OP and whether the spirit is there in the "bad times": I think it was clear that at the end of our pre-Xmas bad run there was a hell of a good spirit there and without it I doubt we'd have come out of the slump.
Our squad actually like each other on 23:11 - Apr 23 with 1961 viewsdanehoop

I'd agree with that. They were clearly trying and certainly playing for warbs. There was no-one phoning it in. Adding the experience/quality of the loan players just seems to have given the missing belief back to players. Everyone clearly wants everyone else to do well.

Never knowingly understood

Our squad actually like each other on 23:29 - Apr 23 with 1943 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Our squad actually like each other on 23:11 - Apr 23 by danehoop

I'd agree with that. They were clearly trying and certainly playing for warbs. There was no-one phoning it in. Adding the experience/quality of the loan players just seems to have given the missing belief back to players. Everyone clearly wants everyone else to do well.

I thought that our work rate and application was subpar for both the Forest and Rotherham games.
Generally, though, it's been excellent.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Our squad actually like each other on 11:30 - Apr 24 with 1776 viewsloftus77

Our squad actually like each other on 17:05 - Apr 22 by qprd

I wondered this a while ago. Be great if it was Warbs (!!) but, as posted above (QPR99), I'm pretty sure its Joe Lumley.
[Post edited 24 Apr 2021 11:31]
Our squad actually like each other on 09:12 - Apr 26 with 1555 viewsnumptydumpty

Who is shouting you r s from the bench when we score a goal.

Stand up Uncle Albert

Love see him play in front of the loft, a rangers fan playing for our team.

Can we have a rendition of "Will stick the blue flag up your arse" 😂😂

Our squad actually like each other on 09:15 - Apr 26 with 1548 viewsnumptydumpty

Other candidate shouting you r s from bench could be Charlie, Charlie, Charlie, Charlie Austin.

Think it be compulsory new players learn the lingo..

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024