Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
TalkSpurt Redknapp Suckfest Part 27 08:23 - Jun 25 with 2044 viewsDorse

Effectively their narrative runs something like this:

England U21s lose, so Southgate must go. What we need is a 'motivator', 'man-manager' who will make them feel ten feet tall, 'go out there and enjoy yourselves'.

And then they bang on about Harry.

It boggles my tiny fcuking mind that anyone can still apply epithets like that to Redknapp after three seasons where he has been the diametric opposite to their description. And that's before you get into his obvious dislike and mistrust of anyone under 30 or who isn't Niko Krancjar.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

TalkSpurt Redknapp Suckfest Part 27 on 08:44 - Jun 25 with 2009 viewsJonDoeman

don't listen to talksport, you'll feel better.

It Is What It Is !!

TalkSpurt Redknapp Suckfest Part 27 on 08:49 - Jun 25 with 1997 viewsMvpeter

I honestly believe that the quality of refereeing and sports journalism are both at their lowest (compared to other major sports leagues) in English football.

Certainly true compared to the rest of European football, basketball and the NFL and as an outsider it appears the same is true of rugby, cricket, tennis and golf.

Poll: Who should be our left back?

TalkSpurt Redknapp Suckfest Part 27 on 09:00 - Jun 25 with 1966 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Dorse, they don't believe any of that. You have to understand that. They do it for their own reasons, not because they think that Redknapp is good, what's needed, likeable and /or honest.

Redknapp gives them journos good copy, employs them as ghost writers and promotes his books through their programmes so is probably, shall we say, appreciative when they let him on their programmes, and generally keeps the punditry show on the road.

I guarantee you that when he leaves the studio or hangs up the phone the chat off-air about his chancery and delusion would echo what goes on here.

They're not buying what he's selling, but they'll help him sell it. For a fee.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

TalkSpurt Redknapp Suckfest Part 27 on 09:44 - Jun 25 with 1892 viewsstowmarketrange

Just imagine how bad the Ukraine national team would be now if he'd have taken that job instead of ours?
He would've spent months trying to find ex-spurs Ukrainians who are the wrong side of 30,but who are the right sort.
Anyway,we'll never win anything playing kids said Hansen.
TalkSpurt Redknapp Suckfest Part 27 on 10:14 - Jun 25 with 1831 viewsQPR_John

TalkSpurt Redknapp Suckfest Part 27 on 09:00 - Jun 25 by BrianMcCarthy

Dorse, they don't believe any of that. You have to understand that. They do it for their own reasons, not because they think that Redknapp is good, what's needed, likeable and /or honest.

Redknapp gives them journos good copy, employs them as ghost writers and promotes his books through their programmes so is probably, shall we say, appreciative when they let him on their programmes, and generally keeps the punditry show on the road.

I guarantee you that when he leaves the studio or hangs up the phone the chat off-air about his chancery and delusion would echo what goes on here.

Got it in one.
TalkSpurt Redknapp Suckfest Part 27 on 10:25 - Jun 25 with 1799 viewsdaveB

The whole point of talk sport is to say something that will annoy people so they will ring up and have a row. I stopped listening years ago and my life is much better for it
TalkSpurt Redknapp Suckfest Part 27 on 10:27 - Jun 25 with 1792 viewsDorse

TalkSpurt Redknapp Suckfest Part 27 on 09:00 - Jun 25 by BrianMcCarthy

Thanks Brian - I've stopped muttering darkly and throwing things I feel a lot better!

Redknapp (verb) - to continually talk up one's own abilities after single success and all subsequent evidence being to the contrary. E.g. 'I wish Dave would stop redknapping about being a ladies' man. He's only ever shagged fat Sharon from the Shield and Dagger in 1998 and she was so drunk she thought he was Dane Bowers'.
[Post edited 25 Jun 2015 10:29]

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

TalkSpurt Redknapp Suckfest Part 27 on 10:54 - Jun 25 with 1746 viewsPommyhoop

TalkSpurt Redknapp Suckfest Part 27 on 10:27 - Jun 25 by Dorse

Thanks Brian - I've stopped muttering darkly and throwing things I feel a lot better!

Redknapp (verb) - to continually talk up one's own abilities after single success and all subsequent evidence being to the contrary. E.g. 'I wish Dave would stop redknapping about being a ladies' man. He's only ever shagged fat Sharon from the Shield and Dagger in 1998 and she was so drunk she thought he was Dane Bowers'.
[Post edited 25 Jun 2015 10:29]

Like the verb Dorse.
Just had a thought.Remember how back in the day ,if we thought someone was stretching the truth a little we'd rub our chins and squeal ''Jimmy Hill'' .
Today's equivalent should be a blowing out of the cheeks then a vigorous shake of the head to make them 'flap' a bit and then say ' 'Arrrrrry Redknapp'''
Come on kids, make it happen..

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Login to get fewer ads

TalkSpurt Redknapp Suckfest Part 27 on 10:59 - Jun 25 with 1737 viewsNW10Hoop

The more media work he takes on, the more he reveals himself to have less insight than the average pub bore who stands behind you at a fruit machine telling you to hold the nudges and has a mate who works near x training ground. You can tell exactly what tripe is gonna come out of his mouth before it even enters his baggy head.
[Post edited 25 Jun 2015 11:08]
TalkSpurt Redknapp Suckfest Part 27 on 11:07 - Jun 25 with 1707 viewsDiscodroids

stopped listening to talk sport around the time ian collins, jon gaunt, james whale left, since its gone 24 hour sport .

dreadful station. wouldnt pipe it into Calais as entertainment.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

TalkSpurt Redknapp Suckfest Part 27 on 11:28 - Jun 25 with 1670 viewsJamie

Saw on the bbc that Arry was moaning that the u21 players don't get enough football.

I almost collapsed.
TalkSpurt Redknapp Suckfest Part 27 on 11:46 - Jun 25 with 1633 viewsWestbourneR

He really is a turd of a man.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

TalkSpurt Redknapp Suckfest Part 27 on 11:48 - Jun 25 with 1624 viewsPommyhoop

TalkSpurt Redknapp Suckfest Part 27 on 11:46 - Jun 25 by WestbourneR

He really is a turd of a man.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

TalkSpurt Redknapp Suckfest Part 27 on 11:51 - Jun 25 with 1612 viewsessextaxiboy

TalkSpurt Redknapp Suckfest Part 27 on 08:49 - Jun 25 by Mvpeter

I honestly believe that the quality of refereeing and sports journalism are both at their lowest (compared to other major sports leagues) in English football.

Certainly true compared to the rest of European football, basketball and the NFL and as an outsider it appears the same is true of rugby, cricket, tennis and golf.

Sports journalism was worse before Mick Dennis retired
TalkSpurt Redknapp Suckfest Part 27 on 12:10 - Jun 25 with 1583 viewseasthertsr

Any radio station that thinks it's a good idea to employ Adrian Durham and Alan Brazil is not worth listening to. As the man said don't listen you'll feel better for it!
TalkSpurt Redknapp Suckfest Part 27 on 12:15 - Jun 25 with 1573 viewsYorkRanger

TalkSpurt Redknapp Suckfest Part 27 on 12:10 - Jun 25 by easthertsr

Any radio station that thinks it's a good idea to employ Adrian Durham and Alan Brazil is not worth listening to. As the man said don't listen you'll feel better for it!

I too gave up on Talksport some time back. Poor broadcasting and inane conversation at times. When Brazil said Brilliant for the 12th time in an hour one morning I decided enough was enough...

Nicky Campbell and Rachel Burden for my drive to work...
TalkSpurt Redknapp Suckfest Part 27 on 12:45 - Jun 25 with 1533 viewsderbyhoop

Redknapp. The guy who brought in 31yo Onweyu on a 3 month deal where he was never more than an unused sub. Meanwhile 20yo Ehmer is ignored and then sent out on loan to l1. Again.

Redknapp who brings in ChevantonOweyu for 2 substitute appearances and no goals instead of promoting Hitchcock who was 21 and scored the winner in a 10 min sub appearance.

Hardly a promoter of U21 players.

And somebody needs to tell him Defoe, Crouch and Krancjar don't qualify.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

TalkSpurt Redknapp Suckfest Part 27 on 13:12 - Jun 25 with 1483 viewslondonscottish

I don't mind Talksport. I just take it for what it is. A mildly amusing Prem wnkfest with the odd interesting interview and tons of builders ads.

BTW you can a square trench shovel for just £10 right now.

Price does not include VAT.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

TalkSpurt Redknapp Suckfest Part 27 on 13:20 - Jun 25 with 1465 viewspaulparker

Talksport is vvank , agree with Disco that it was much better with James Wale, Ian Collins and these 2

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

TalkSpurt Redknapp Suckfest Part 27 on 13:42 - Jun 25 with 1429 viewsQPR442

I have said before that i have stopped listening to Talksport because it is the biggest load of crap on radio. Too many adverts and hopeless presenters. last week i had the misfortune of having it playing in the background and i heard Alan Brazil talking to someone regarding their sport and saying how well they have been doing and he loves it. When asked about it he said he never actually saw it but heard it was good. he said the same to a boxer regarding a recent fight. The bloke is an idiot who makes a living out of talking rubbish.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024