Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The referee 23:46 - Dec 15 with 3839 viewsbosh67

Shoit. That is all.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

The referee on 00:01 - Dec 16 with 3197 viewsDWQPR

From the first few minutes you could see that he was giving Brighton everything he could. One time in the first half a Brighton player cynically fell down near his goal clutching his head, the ball goes out for our throw yet the ref decides to play a drop ball and one of their thugs then is able to launch the ball all the way to Green. One of the worst refs this season

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

The referee on 00:12 - Dec 16 with 3163 viewsDunstable_hoop

I disagree, I felt he was very strong. He missed a lot of pulling and pushing in the box but it was from both sides and every referee in the country ignores most of that.

Thought Sandro wimped out for the goal, got the sending off correct as it was high but not necessarily out of control and he really got a lot right.
The referee on 00:34 - Dec 16 with 3124 viewsdachiltern

If that is a strong refereeing then we may as well all pack up and go home. Persistent fouling - no caution, launch a dangerous challenge - only a yellow, continue to waste time despite warning the captain - no action taken, blatant hand ball in pen area - no pen, handball in the middle of the park - direct free kick, shove player to ground - no foul, apart from that he was acceptable.
The referee on 00:41 - Dec 16 with 3108 viewskarl

The referee on 00:34 - Dec 16 by dachiltern

If that is a strong refereeing then we may as well all pack up and go home. Persistent fouling - no caution, launch a dangerous challenge - only a yellow, continue to waste time despite warning the captain - no action taken, blatant hand ball in pen area - no pen, handball in the middle of the park - direct free kick, shove player to ground - no foul, apart from that he was acceptable.

I know you're a qualified ref Dave and agree with what you've said. The holding in the box was beyond a joke imo
The referee on 02:04 - Dec 16 with 3076 viewsdermyqpr

The worst bit of holding from bald-bearded knob and Charlie STILL put the equaliser away.

C'est manifique
The referee on 09:07 - Dec 16 with 2930 viewsDiscodroids

Their Ben Grimm, Gordon Greer imo intimidated the ref and stunk the gaff out like a bottle of 1974 Tabac.

On the refs case all night and strutting round like a Muirhouse loan shark with elizabeth duke sovereign rings on his low slung knuckles. A real sawdust caesar .

I can imagine the asinine specimen thrusting the broken end of a bottle in someones face at a ritzy discotheque in time to a level 42 number , for looking at his Mrs.
[Post edited 16 Dec 2015 9:09]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

The referee on 09:17 - Dec 16 with 2896 viewsjohncharles

The referee on 00:12 - Dec 16 by Dunstable_hoop

I disagree, I felt he was very strong. He missed a lot of pulling and pushing in the box but it was from both sides and every referee in the country ignores most of that.

Thought Sandro wimped out for the goal, got the sending off correct as it was high but not necessarily out of control and he really got a lot right.

I thought he was very week. Bottled the big decisions. The sending off should have been a straight red. You say it was not necessarily out of control, you mean he intended that ?
The push on Sandro was a PUSH. It's a foul, free kick, no goal.

Strong and stable my arse.

The referee on 09:19 - Dec 16 with 2899 viewsBrightonhoop

I'd go as far as to suggest he was of questionable parentage.
Login to get fewer ads

The referee on 09:20 - Dec 16 with 2893 viewsRangers67

Agree with the op. Yet another poor refereeing performance. If any of our players went within a yard of one of theirs, they fell over and the ref went for it every time. He allowed them to constantly foul and refused to put a stop to it by not issueing yellow cards. Very poor performance and favoured Brighton whenever possible.
The referee on 09:30 - Dec 16 with 2866 viewspaulparker

Terrible Ref he reminded me of rodger milford the way he minced about ,
the pulling in the box was so blatant it was embarrassing but he just let it happen
also when is handball , handball anymore ??
the 1st half Austin 's shot was bang on target with a blatant handball stopping it, yet the ref bottles it and then gives a handball in the centre circle against sandro
years ago the top refs were british, well not anymore they are sh1t, I couldn't name one decent ref in our leagues

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

The referee on 09:30 - Dec 16 with 2865 viewsPinnerPaul

The referee on 00:41 - Dec 16 by karl

I know you're a qualified ref Dave and agree with what you've said. The holding in the box was beyond a joke imo

As a fellow ref have to disagree with Dave about the "handballs", ball hitting the hand isn't handball.

Interestingly for their 1st their crowd were appealing for a pen against Angella as he had hold of their players shirt.

Agree about the challenge on Ale though - straight red for me.

From a referees point of view, was disappointed he missed some late challenges, which is pretty basic stuff, although thought he did caution everyone who should have been.
The referee on 10:10 - Dec 16 with 2816 viewsShotKneesHoop

The referee on 09:30 - Dec 16 by paulparker

the pulling in the box was so blatant it was embarrassing but he just let it happen
the 1st half Austin 's shot was bang on target with a blatant handball stopping it, yet the ref bottles it and then gives a handball in the centre circle against sandro
years ago the top refs were british, well not anymore they are sh1t, I couldn't name one decent ref in our leagues

Clattenburg still light years ahead of the rest. He knows he is the best - but consistently good and strong.

Also think that Chris Foy is very good in that he refs the game the way we like the game to be played - Chelscum never get anything from him - whereas Dean and co give them everything.

Can't thing of anyone that come close to Clatters.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

The referee on 10:10 - Dec 16 with 2812 viewsStanisgod

He knew he was on the telly, but I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned the lino by Ellerslie, f@cking diabolical.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

The referee on 14:55 - Dec 16 with 2749 viewsdachiltern

The referee on 09:30 - Dec 16 by paulparker

Ball to hand? Paul are you being serious or hoping for a debate.

If a player deliberately turns his back to protect himself and his arm is in an unnatural position he his guilty of handball. This is no different to players in the wall who place their arms across their face or wherever and the ball strikes them, if they have made no attempt to get out of the way of the ball they are at fault.
The referee on 16:13 - Dec 16 with 2708 viewsPinnerPaul

The referee on 14:55 - Dec 16 by dachiltern

Ball to hand? Paul are you being serious or hoping for a debate.

If a player deliberately turns his back to protect himself and his arm is in an unnatural position he his guilty of handball. This is no different to players in the wall who place their arms across their face or wherever and the ball strikes them, if they have made no attempt to get out of the way of the ball they are at fault.

Hello Dave,

Well I AM going to debate that last line!

'If they have made no attempt to get out of the way of the ball" Its handball?

Not for me.

Seriously, do you mind if I put that on Ref Chat - I've never judged handball on that basis and would be interested to see if fellow refs agree or not?

On the other point, I'm not sure what an 'Unnatural position" is, when you have about half a milli second from the ball being struck to hitting the arm.

Clearly our handball count in our matches is going to be vastly different!

Football eh - even referees can't agree!

Cheers

Paul
The referee on 17:05 - Dec 16 with 2659 viewsstansleftfoot

The referee on 00:12 - Dec 16 by Dunstable_hoop

Bizarre, QPR should report the referee for; Either, Incompetence or Corruption.
The idea that the Referee is strong when he allows holding in the manner of Bruno is clearly nonsense....a shameful performance by the Referee....admittedly all Referees do it to an extent but a replay of every dead ball situation would open any Referee Assessor's eye's...questionable professional standards.
If a Referee failed to give Penalties for blatant dangerous play on ten separate occasions in a game they would lose the right to Referee at this level or perhaps any level....why should it be OK for Bruno to maul Austin.
This is a part of the game that should be stopped, in the same way we are attempting to stop diving.
Which on a non-partizan basis he failed to book Charlie for.
Dreadful Refereeing which sadly will just allow the standard to continue to drop...
The referee on 18:14 - Dec 16 with 2607 viewsLofthope

For what it's worth, I had the same line of vision as the ref for the handball penalty claim in the first half and, although he was closer and I was slightly higher than him, I could not see the handball because of players in the way and very much doubt that he could either. Whether the linesman should have seen it is another matter.
The referee on 18:25 - Dec 16 with 2594 viewskingshill

He had a chance to assert his authority in the first couple of minutes when he didn't book Barton for a foul in the centre of the field when we were on the break.
It's something that really gives a ref a chance to show who's boss and they constantly bottle it week after week

Did I say Barton? Opps..... Force of habit
[Post edited 16 Dec 2015 18:36]
The referee on 18:34 - Dec 16 with 2577 viewsstansleftfoot

The referee on 18:14 - Dec 16 by Lofthope

For what it's worth, I had the same line of vision as the ref for the handball penalty claim in the first half and, although he was closer and I was slightly higher than him, I could not see the handball because of players in the way and very much doubt that he could either. Whether the linesman should have seen it is another matter.

Exactly! We as supporters and Clubs should be able to improve refereeing....the argument is not about Referees failing to give punishment for offences they can NOT see but failing to give punishment for offences they can see.
Its difficult as the game gets quicker, its a long time since I played but it looks like the ball also moves quicker and not in a direction thats predictable....ask our much maligned keeper....

To me with the advantage of TV the hand ball was not deliberate....The linesman's angle was probably blocked by the players body....ball to hand...at pace...quite close.

For me the falling standards of refereeing is in failing to give the appropriate punishments for diving, shirt pulling and holding players at deadballs with the arms raised to hold players.

Referees are becoming cowards, they will give the foul for a raised arm or a hand that ends up on the opposing players shoulder in an aerial challenge....but Bruno can physically restrict Austins movement before and during a "Free-Kick" which in the ethic of football is given as an advantage having gained it fairly...Rubbish refereeing...
The referee on 18:39 - Dec 16 with 2565 viewsMatch82

The referee on 18:25 - Dec 16 by kingshill

He had a chance to assert his authority in the first couple of minutes when he didn't book Barton for a foul in the centre of the field when we were on the break.
It's something that really gives a ref a chance to show who's boss and they constantly bottle it week after week

Did I say Barton? Opps..... Force of habit
[Post edited 16 Dec 2015 18:36]

I'm personally in favour of a ceremonial booking for Barton in the first minute of every game we play. Set the tone.
The referee on 19:21 - Dec 16 with 2528 viewsjohncharles

The referee on 17:05 - Dec 16 by stansleftfoot

Bizarre, QPR should report the referee for; Either, Incompetence or Corruption.
The idea that the Referee is strong when he allows holding in the manner of Bruno is clearly nonsense....a shameful performance by the Referee....admittedly all Referees do it to an extent but a replay of every dead ball situation would open any Referee Assessor's eye's...questionable professional standards.
If a Referee failed to give Penalties for blatant dangerous play on ten separate occasions in a game they would lose the right to Referee at this level or perhaps any level....why should it be OK for Bruno to maul Austin.
This is a part of the game that should be stopped, in the same way we are attempting to stop diving.
Which on a non-partizan basis he failed to book Charlie for.
Dreadful Refereeing which sadly will just allow the standard to continue to drop...

And as you say, it brings up the subject of corruption. Our game and especially our referees are remarkably free of corruption but by allowing no discussion of such blatantly shit performances as this we leave the door wide open to corruption.

The referee on 21:49 - Dec 16 with 2452 viewsderbyhoop

I'm not surprised he didn't give the penalty. The defender turned away and it was ball to hand.
I thought the 2nd yellow for Dunk was correct.
One of the troubles of the modern game at the top levels is that manhandling of players has become endemic and none of the referees penalise it. I'd like to see a ref give a penalty very early for such offences and see what happens thereafter.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

The referee on 21:55 - Dec 16 with 2443 viewskarl

The referee on 21:49 - Dec 16 by derbyhoop

I'm not surprised he didn't give the penalty. The defender turned away and it was ball to hand.
I thought the 2nd yellow for Dunk was correct.
One of the troubles of the modern game at the top levels is that manhandling of players has become endemic and none of the referees penalise it. I'd like to see a ref give a penalty very early for such offences and see what happens thereafter.

Watching Whitehawk v Dag Red and the Dag defenders are all over them at set pieces, Whitehawk have just equalised from a corner in added time but every player was being grappled or shirt pulled.
Refs do have to put down a marker on this but it probably isnt fair to single out lower level refs when it should be implemented at World Cup/Euro level and trickle down from there, the tactic of holding in the box started at that level so only right the officials at that level should show the lead imo
The referee on 22:30 - Dec 16 with 2412 viewsjohncharles

Perhaps it's time to delete the "drop ball" from the rule book. It's a cop out for a poor referee and an incentive to cheat.

The referee on 06:12 - Dec 17 with 2346 viewsdistortR

The referee on 21:55 - Dec 16 by karl

Watching Whitehawk v Dag Red and the Dag defenders are all over them at set pieces, Whitehawk have just equalised from a corner in added time but every player was being grappled or shirt pulled.
Refs do have to put down a marker on this but it probably isnt fair to single out lower level refs when it should be implemented at World Cup/Euro level and trickle down from there, the tactic of holding in the box started at that level so only right the officials at that level should show the lead imo

juventus v celtic - was it last year? - was absolutely ridiculous. Any celtic set piece was nullified by their players being held in bear hugs.

Did notice re:brighton game that a couple of the newspaper reports mentioned Austin escaping brunos manhandling for his second
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024