Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
To a man 22:50 - Oct 26 with 6925 viewsbob566

Brilliant. Cant fault any of them. On the villa side grealish won me over tonight. Tidy player. Got kicked a good few times. Got up quickly without moaning. Respect. Gone up in my books
To a man on 22:58 - Oct 26 with 5833 viewsdistortR

was just thinking that about grealish myself.

Also liked the fact that when lynch brought him down for his yellow, which given the play was always going to be a yellow anyway, he put a bit more in it! worth a try.....................

hard and fair game on the whole, shame kodja was a bit of a dick
To a man on 23:02 - Oct 26 with 5782 viewsbosh67

Yeah Grealish is a top player. Really should be in the Prem.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

To a man on 23:03 - Oct 26 with 5763 viewsNov77

I’d like to see Eze demand the ball the way Grealish does, and the way taarabt used to. Needs to get more involved.

Still, defence outstanding tonight and............

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

To a man on 23:12 - Oct 26 with 5680 viewsdistortR

To a man on 23:03 - Oct 26 by Nov77

I’d like to see Eze demand the ball the way Grealish does, and the way taarabt used to. Needs to get more involved.

Eze can be a bit frustrating, but at other times I laugh, shake my head and applaud. I till don't quite get how he's so difficult to tackle when he's in command of the ball - a rare talent
To a man on 23:55 - Oct 26 with 5444 viewsjohncharles

How old is Eze ?

Strong and stable my arse.

To a man on 00:07 - Oct 27 with 5382 viewschris1969

Grealish drops back to collect the ball and spends much of the game in the middle of the pitch. Eze is a proper number 10 and far more attacking.
To a man on 00:15 - Oct 27 with 5337 viewsMedwayR

Superb backs to the wall performance, everyone played their part, long may it continue.

Grealish is massively overrated. He is tidy on the ball & can play some nice passes, but his real talent is drawing fouls, that’s all he has. He has no end product, 9 goals in 126 games and only about a dozen assists. Out of possession he doesn’t offer much either, and he’s not exactly a kid anymore, he’s 23. I just don’t understand the hype.

Poll: Who’s better?

To a man on 01:00 - Oct 27 with 5217 viewsbob566

To a man on 00:15 - Oct 27 by MedwayR

Superb backs to the wall performance, everyone played their part, long may it continue.

Grealish is massively overrated. He is tidy on the ball & can play some nice passes, but his real talent is drawing fouls, that’s all he has. He has no end product, 9 goals in 126 games and only about a dozen assists. Out of possession he doesn’t offer much either, and he’s not exactly a kid anymore, he’s 23. I just don’t understand the hype.

Best player on the pitch tonight along with freeman. Eze was ok but nowhere those two. Thats how i saw it fwiw
Login to get fewer ads

To a man on 01:13 - Oct 27 with 5174 viewsconnell10

To a man on 01:00 - Oct 27 by bob566

Best player on the pitch tonight along with freeman. Eze was ok but nowhere those two. Thats how i saw it fwiw

Eze will go on to much greater things than both of them players you mentioned! Class player!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

To a man on 01:23 - Oct 27 with 5134 viewsPunteR

To a man on 01:00 - Oct 27 by bob566

Yrh thats how i saw it too. Grealish is a great player. As much as i like how Eze is on the ball Freeman is a class above.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

To a man on 01:23 - Oct 27 with 5134 viewsbob566

To a man on 01:13 - Oct 27 by connell10

Eze will go on to much greater things than both of them players you mentioned! Class player!

He may do. Listen i love eze but all im saying is freeman and grealish had better games
To a man on 01:34 - Oct 27 with 5102 viewsSouthend_Rss

Proud of the team tonight. Pure grit and determination to see the job through.. The defence right now (aswell as Lumley) are superb.. Built from the back and reap the rewards.. Well done all involved!
To a man on 01:48 - Oct 27 with 5061 viewsDavieQPR

Any one notice the Villa player slap one of our supporters round the face for not giving the ball back?
To a man on 01:57 - Oct 27 with 5047 viewstimcocking

To a man on 23:03 - Oct 26 by Nov77

A fair comment.

Also, he could have a couple more goals if he concentrated a bit more. Too laid back and casual at times. The one he missed against Shef Wed was as about as bad as a professional footballer could have done from the position he was in.

Growing pains hopefully, he's got some lovely touches and still only young.
To a man on 03:17 - Oct 27 with 4974 viewsLowerloftLad

really I was more than happy to let Jack pick them balls up all day simple sideways passis bottled big chances to shoot if they had Freeman in there team they would have won by or 2/3

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

To a man on 08:34 - Oct 27 with 4646 viewsloneranger1

To a man on 01:48 - Oct 27 by DavieQPR

Any one notice the Villa player slap one of our supporters round the face for not giving the ball back?

Yes! I wondered what the ref was gonna do about that one when he consulted the lino and then went to speak to the player - think it was Kodjia...

I actually thought Kodjia played well - carried the ball from deeper than I remembered (in my head, he was a pure number 9 with not a lot else to his game than finishing)
To a man on 08:40 - Oct 27 with 4620 viewsHunterhoop

To a man on 08:34 - Oct 27 by loneranger1

Yes! I wondered what the ref was gonna do about that one when he consulted the lino and then went to speak to the player - think it was Kodjia...

I actually thought Kodjia played well - carried the ball from deeper than I remembered (in my head, he was a pure number 9 with not a lot else to his game than finishing)

Excellent WUM from that fun. You can see how much we riled them.

I thought Kodija was poor. Offside countless times, didn’t get on the end of anything and hardly ever got around the back of the defence.

Tammy “touch me and i’ll fall down” Abraham was worse. Looked like he wanted a lie down.

Grealish impressed. Looked a cut above. Very good feet, great balance, good passer. To me, he was the best player on the pitch. We chose to limit his options for passes rather than close him down, probably rightly. Without him though, Villa would be in some trouble. Otherwise, only McGinn looked like he had some class about him.
To a man on 08:53 - Oct 27 with 4572 viewsloneranger1

To a man on 08:40 - Oct 27 by Hunterhoop

Excellent WUM from that fun. You can see how much we riled them.

I thought Kodija was poor. Offside countless times, didn’t get on the end of anything and hardly ever got around the back of the defence.

Tammy “touch me and i’ll fall down” Abraham was worse. Looked like he wanted a lie down.

Grealish impressed. Looked a cut above. Very good feet, great balance, good passer. To me, he was the best player on the pitch. We chose to limit his options for passes rather than close him down, probably rightly. Without him though, Villa would be in some trouble. Otherwise, only McGinn looked like he had some class about him.

Definitely agree about Abraham, GRealish and McGinn.

And you're right, Kodjia didn't get round the back of the defence - it's just my memory was a of a guy who didn't play as deep as I often saw him last night and he seemed to carry the ball quite well at times
To a man on 09:34 - Oct 27 with 4411 viewspaulparker

Grealish has played around 125 games, Eze has played around 40 he is still learning his trade , the one thing Eze has mastered though is the art of drawing in a foul when the team are under pressure that shows to me bar injury that he will become a top class player , the boy has a footballing brain
I was also impressed with Rangel defensively he is sound that last ditch tackle at the end was Macca esq he deserves a contract until the end of the season

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

To a man on 09:50 - Oct 27 with 4345 viewsHunterhoop

To a man on 09:34 - Oct 27 by paulparker

Grealish has played around 125 games, Eze has played around 40 he is still learning his trade , the one thing Eze has mastered though is the art of drawing in a foul when the team are under pressure that shows to me bar injury that he will become a top class player , the boy has a footballing brain
I was also impressed with Rangel defensively he is sound that last ditch tackle at the end was Macca esq he deserves a contract until the end of the season

Plus, loved the fist pump to the SAR straight after it. Right sort.
To a man on 10:42 - Oct 27 with 4245 viewsTacticalR

Yes, Eze bought us a number of breathers when were under pressure and didn't have much possession. I don't think he actually goes out of his way to get fouled. It's a win-win where if he does get fouled we get a free kick and the whole team can go forward for a set piece but if he doesn't get fouled he is happy to continue on with the ball.

Air hostess clique

To a man on 10:56 - Oct 27 with 4201 viewsoldmisery

To a man on 23:55 - Oct 26 by johncharles

How old is Eze ?

20 years 4 months.
To a man on 11:04 - Oct 27 with 4175 viewsoldmisery

To a man on 00:15 - Oct 27 by MedwayR

The Grealish performance last night was almost a carbon copy of Bannan's (ex Villa of course) on Tuesday. They are both very tidy, technically excellent and demanded a lot of the ball; it would be very interesting to know how many touches each player had - a hell of a lot more than any of our players that's for sure.

But what effect did they have on the game? Virtually none. Proving yet again that possession without any penetration is a complete waste of time.
To a man on 11:11 - Oct 27 with 4150 viewsEsox_Lucius

The common denominator in both games was QPR's decision to sit on both Bannan (Luongo) and Grealish (Cameron & Luongo in turn) and force them deep. Mass & Cam didn't win every challenge but did more than enough to stifle the creativity and cut out a supply to their forwards/ wide men. This was obviously something that the coaching team have been working on, along with all the other improvements we have seen recently, and credit must be given to both them, and the players for executing those tactics.

The grass is always greener.

To a man on 11:29 - Oct 27 with 4103 viewsstevec

Totally agree. We needed a breather second half and Eze drawing so many fouls helped enormously.

Very impressed with Grealish, one man team v Fulham in play offs and very good last night. He’s actually too good for this league and wonder if that’s bad for Villa. They’ve got bags of pace but that’s not so much use if teams drop so deep to counter Grealish. If the likes of Kodija, Adomah and Bolasie with Abraham’s ahead we’re running at sides from 40 yards out they’d cause havoc.

Probably need Luongo and Cameron as their centre mids!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024