Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
My MOM last night 14:23 - Dec 27 with 1982 viewswelwynranger

IMO. Luke Amos. He ran centre midfield . Always available, can't remember a misplaced pass . Back in defence when needed, pushing forward at every opportunity . Creating chances for the strikers. Very impressive.
My MOM last night on 14:28 - Dec 27 with 1956 viewsmcqpr10

I thought he was good too. Made alot of interceptions, happy to get on the ball and got a decent engine.

Could do with a Charlie Adam type next to him I think. Get why Cameron's there, a good solid presence in front of the back four but there aren't that many impressive teams in the league and would love to see someone more.creative in there.
My MOM last night on 14:32 - Dec 27 with 1941 viewsgazza1

I thought he was decent last night......improving since he has a been playing more often.
My MOM last night on 15:05 - Dec 27 with 1864 viewsWren67

Cant see a lot wrong with his play in the last few games. Improving and gaining confidence.
My MOM last night on 17:36 - Dec 27 with 1654 viewsNorthantsHoop

Luke Amos is showing great signs of improvement, he is getting the measure of this league and he gets stuck in, which was missing earlier in the season. He is a ball carrier type of player, needs a playmaker alongside him though. Thought Pugh had a poor game last night, not sure he should be starting, think we need to get Chair back in the starting line up. For me if Chair can get a couple of goals his confidence will rocket.
My MOM last night on 17:42 - Dec 27 with 1637 viewsLblock

Unfortunately the stand out central midfielder last night was in his thirties and his name wasn't Geoff.

Amos didn't do much until Charlie Slow-Boy went off on 60 odd.
I found it odd that we didn't look to press at all and allow Charlie Adam time and space to spray the ball around.

Luke Amos has a huge way to go before getting rave reviews from me. I'll be gutted if he's part of any makeweight when we get stitched up by Levy at Spuds for Eze. I'll cry a salty a tear when I read "£5million rated Amos and £4million rated Cater-Vickers plus £1million cash snare Eze for Jose"

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

My MOM last night on 18:23 - Dec 27 with 1571 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Not for me. Amos has improved but that isn't saying much as he was very poor to begin with. As for last night Charlie Adams was bossing midfield until he was substituted. The difference in quality was palpable.

I would advise fellow supporters to think carefully before heaping praise on Amos (whether justified or not) as your comments could be the catalyst for another Trevor Sinclair type deal when we sell Eze.
My MOM last night on 04:18 - Dec 28 with 1364 viewsahoz

I concur with LBlock and Benny The Ball. Amos was very poor until late in the game. Passing the ball backwards and sideways continuously does not a good player make. I think he has some ability but needs to be more direct and incisive.
My MOM last night on 04:26 - Dec 28 with 1360 viewsmylot50years

What I saw in the first half was Amos hardly breaking sweat stroling around the midfield never playing a forward pass and getting deeper as the half progressed.
Was much improved in the second half but needs that performance for ninety minutes, looks to me like he may have attitude issues, his head goes back in the event of his teammates misplacing a pass, unfortunately this is something he will have to get used to, and try to lead by example and pass to one of our players that being a much more productive and a positive attitude to take.
Login to get fewer ads

My MOM last night on 05:32 - Dec 28 with 1343 viewsAntti_Heinola

My MOM last night on 04:26 - Dec 28 by mylot50years

What I saw in the first half was Amos hardly breaking sweat stroling around the midfield never playing a forward pass and getting deeper as the half progressed.
Was much improved in the second half but needs that performance for ninety minutes, looks to me like he may have attitude issues, his head goes back in the event of his teammates misplacing a pass, unfortunately this is something he will have to get used to, and try to lead by example and pass to one of our players that being a much more productive and a positive attitude to take.

I think you’re wrong there. I’ve noticed the head going back thing, but it’s when *he* makes a mistake, not a team mate. Do let’s try not to throw that ugly attitude word around too much. Having said that, it annoys me: don’t stand there thinking how unlucky you were - get on with it and get the ball back!
We do need to cut him sone slack and remember his age too.

Bare bones.

My MOM last night on 08:42 - Dec 28 with 1274 viewstraininvain

Amos is getting better with every game at the moment which makes sense as he’s improving his fitness after a horrible injury. Probably better to judge him towards the end of this season but I’m impressed with his recent performances.

On a separate note, I see that Luongo is starting in midfield for 4th placed Sheff Wed. Maybe he wasn’t as bad as some of our supporters claimed.
My MOM last night on 10:02 - Dec 28 with 1196 viewsfrancisbowles

My MOM last night on 05:32 - Dec 28 by Antti_Heinola

I think you’re wrong there. I’ve noticed the head going back thing, but it’s when *he* makes a mistake, not a team mate. Do let’s try not to throw that ugly attitude word around too much. Having said that, it annoys me: don’t stand there thinking how unlucky you were - get on with it and get the ball back!

That's how I see it with the head going back as well, it's frustration as if he believes he is not playing to his potential at times. Just needs to get his confidence rebuilt, which I believe we are seeing him gradually do, and we should see a really good player.
My MOM last night on 10:52 - Dec 28 with 1158 viewsHunterhoop

My MOM last night on 05:32 - Dec 28 by Antti_Heinola

I think you’re right about cutting him some slack. He is young. He is still learning.

Equally, I am mystified at fans who think he’s particularly good (yet). He shows the odd sigh and clearly has potential. But he is nowhere near the level Eze was last year, let alone this year. He’s nowhere near Luongo or Freeman last year either. He clearly has talent, but i’m not convinced from the way he plays that he has a lot more hard work to do to make it as a footballer and make use of that talent. Watch him in possession compared to Eze and Chair. They are constantly moving into space to offer and outlet to the man with the ball; often they do so whilst pointing at their feet or where they want it played. Amos is much more static. Either he doesn’t read the game as well, our youth set up is coaching better pass and move traits than Spurs’ is, or he’s not working hard enough. I suspect it’s maybe a combination.

I want him to succeed and think he can if he works that bit harder and realises he needs to do so. The level he’s playing at isn’t good enough for top half Champ or, anywhere near where he wants to be, The Prem. But he clearly has the ability in him to do the former at the very least.

He should watch videos or Ale Faurlin. That is the type of CM he should try to be. And when playing with a Cameron-type partner, it’s the type of midfielder he needs to be. Faurlin never stopped moving when we had the ball and always wanted it.
My MOM last night on 11:17 - Dec 28 with 1127 viewsNortholt_Rs

My MOM last night on 17:42 - Dec 27 by Lblock

Unfortunately the stand out central midfielder last night was in his thirties and his name wasn't Geoff.

Amos didn't do much until Charlie Slow-Boy went off on 60 odd.
I found it odd that we didn't look to press at all and allow Charlie Adam time and space to spray the ball around.

Luke Amos has a huge way to go before getting rave reviews from me. I'll be gutted if he's part of any makeweight when we get stitched up by Levy at Spuds for Eze. I'll cry a salty a tear when I read "£5million rated Amos and £4million rated Cater-Vickers plus £1million cash snare Eze for Jose"

You just know it is coming though....

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

My MOM last night on 11:24 - Dec 28 with 1115 viewsNed_Kennedys

My MOM last night on 17:36 - Dec 27 by NorthantsHoop

Luke Amos is showing great signs of improvement, he is getting the measure of this league and he gets stuck in, which was missing earlier in the season. He is a ball carrier type of player, needs a playmaker alongside him though. Thought Pugh had a poor game last night, not sure he should be starting, think we need to get Chair back in the starting line up. For me if Chair can get a couple of goals his confidence will rocket.

Amos is definitely improving game by game, did ok on Boxing Day but nowhere near MOTM though. He's benefiting from starting a run of games and seems a better option than both Scowen and Ball.

Also agree Chair deserves to be back in over Pugh who I thought has been decent enough but was way off the pace at Reading.
My MOM last night on 11:29 - Dec 28 with 1109 viewsWestbourneR

My MOM last night on 10:52 - Dec 28 by Hunterhoop

I think you’re right about cutting him some slack. He is young. He is still learning.

Equally, I am mystified at fans who think he’s particularly good (yet). He shows the odd sigh and clearly has potential. But he is nowhere near the level Eze was last year, let alone this year. He’s nowhere near Luongo or Freeman last year either. He clearly has talent, but i’m not convinced from the way he plays that he has a lot more hard work to do to make it as a footballer and make use of that talent. Watch him in possession compared to Eze and Chair. They are constantly moving into space to offer and outlet to the man with the ball; often they do so whilst pointing at their feet or where they want it played. Amos is much more static. Either he doesn’t read the game as well, our youth set up is coaching better pass and move traits than Spurs’ is, or he’s not working hard enough. I suspect it’s maybe a combination.

I want him to succeed and think he can if he works that bit harder and realises he needs to do so. The level he’s playing at isn’t good enough for top half Champ or, anywhere near where he wants to be, The Prem. But he clearly has the ability in him to do the former at the very least.

He should watch videos or Ale Faurlin. That is the type of CM he should try to be. And when playing with a Cameron-type partner, it’s the type of midfielder he needs to be. Faurlin never stopped moving when we had the ball and always wanted it.

Much like I was saying to Annti on this board about a week ago. He needs to turn the f*** around, get his head up, and play the ball forward. He does far two much Prem reserve team 'techers' swivel touches for me - instead of getting the ball and making us play up the pitch.

He's just a bit of nothing, a big meh, so far.

I really hope he pushes on and proves me wrong.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

My MOM last night on 12:12 - Dec 28 with 1054 viewsNorthernr

Young lad coming back from a bad injury. Haven't seen much from him so far, though he has been better in recent games, I thought he was pretty good at Derby.

It's a tough position to play in our team but to do it well you need to show for the ball off the defence, and then be able to play it forwards. He's been showing a bit more lately, and going past the odd player, but too often it's into his feet and then straight back to where it's come from back to one of our defenders.

Like Westbourne says he looks like a nice little sheltered academy boy. I want to see him really take games on, start playing some key passes, scoring some goals like he did at Barnsley.

I wasn't overly impressed when Warburton described BOS as a player who "hasn't had that academy education" like that's a draw back. I'd personally take a lad who's worked his way up the way Bright has rather than somebody who's been fannying about on snooker table pitches against the other excellent young boys his whole life.

Similar with Matt Smith. So lightweight.
My MOM last night on 12:20 - Dec 28 with 1046 viewssmegma

According to the ratings posted on here by regular LFW members Luke Amos wasn't even our 6th best player at Reading. I tend to agree. He has improved recently agreed but he was as near to MOTM on Thursday as I was.
My MOM last night on 12:23 - Dec 28 with 1041 viewsAntti_Heinola

My MOM last night on 12:12 - Dec 28 by Northernr

Young lad coming back from a bad injury. Haven't seen much from him so far, though he has been better in recent games, I thought he was pretty good at Derby.

It's a tough position to play in our team but to do it well you need to show for the ball off the defence, and then be able to play it forwards. He's been showing a bit more lately, and going past the odd player, but too often it's into his feet and then straight back to where it's come from back to one of our defenders.

Like Westbourne says he looks like a nice little sheltered academy boy. I want to see him really take games on, start playing some key passes, scoring some goals like he did at Barnsley.

I wasn't overly impressed when Warburton described BOS as a player who "hasn't had that academy education" like that's a draw back. I'd personally take a lad who's worked his way up the way Bright has rather than somebody who's been fannying about on snooker table pitches against the other excellent young boys his whole life.

Similar with Matt Smith. So lightweight.

I think all Warburton was saying was that he hasn’t had certain habits drummed into him which you get at good academies and that patience is needed with him. I don’t think he was saying his route was a bad route necessarily.

Bare bones.

My MOM last night on 12:25 - Dec 28 with 1038 viewsAntti_Heinola

My MOM last night on 10:52 - Dec 28 by Hunterhoop

Sorry mate, he can watch as many Faurlin videos as he wants - he will never br a player like Ale. We all want a player like Ale, and a striker like Charlie, but, you know...

Bare bones.

My MOM last night on 20:51 - Jan 1 with 722 viewsmylot50years

My MOM last night on 04:26 - Dec 28 by mylot50years

After my criticism of Amos and his first half performance against Reading, today against Cardiff from the first minute to when he was substituted I thought he was outstanding.
Well done young man you have put in a quality performance, something you can aim at reproducing more regularly as your career progresses.
Also a great team effort today and good to see us converting the chances we have been creating and missing for weeks into goals today.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024